What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Milley destroys Matt Gaetz in answering question about Critical Race Theory, “wokeness” and the military (2 Viewers)

The history of race relations in America is basically white rage and mistreatment of non whites. Critical race theory explores the history of this rage and mistreatment in more detail than our previous history would have. Though I don’t agree with its conclusions, that’s one positive aspect of CRT. 
To be honest, I don't really know what to believe.  Depending on who on the left of me I listen to, it's either good to teach as factual history, good for provoking thought or another point of view even though opinion and not factual, or it doesn't even exist.  Those are all very different and distinct things.  

So reading CRT is radicalizing white people?

One could argue CRT is justifying black rage as well. 

Is this really progress?
I think CRT is just teaching US history and showing how certain laws and decisions have caused systemic racism.  I don't think reading about it radicalizes white people or causes black rage.  It's just simple history and history should always be looked at through a critical lens.  

The history of race relations in America is basically white rage and mistreatment of non whites. Critical race theory explores the history of this rage and mistreatment in more detail than our previous history would have. Though I don’t agree with its conclusions, that’s one positive aspect of CRT. 
I'm not sure if the term 'white rage' is one that I would use. 

It’s not really that complicated. 
But the good news is that Speaker Pelosi just appointed a select committee to investigate January 6. There’s going to be televised hearings, finally. You and everyone else will learn why these folks did what they did, what exactly happened, who helped them and led them, what the motivations were. It’s all going to come out. 
Can't wait!

So white rage is what our ancestors did, but we channeled it on Jan 6th along with people of color to storm the Capitol because....?

General Milley brought up Jan 6th in a response to a CRT question, so I want to understand how they connect. 

Cant wait for the schools to start teaching Mein Kampf so we understand that better too.
He wants to understand why Jan 6th happened, just like he wants to understand anything else... like CRT.

eta - also pretty sure Mein Kampf was required reading for me in a class.  Why wouldn't you read Mein Kampf?

Last edited by a moderator:
Listen, guys.  You're all smart in here and the obvious gaslighting and disingenuous going on right now is absurd. 

There is a difference between "studying" CRT and actually implementing education courses based on it.  But, by all means, keep patting each other on the back on how you really got Getz.

My take away is that Milley just reinforced they were studying it like we do the Communist Manifesto (at a distance and like, "how the hell does nonsense like this even exist?").  Not that they are creating entire educational curriculums based on CRT (i.e. Marxist) principles.

That is much different than what is happening around the country with School Boards trying to sneak this dangerous CRT nonsense into the curriculum.
Here is an example from one school board 

A Loudoun County School District public information officer told Newsweek, "We are not implementing CRT in the curriculum. There are no plans to do so."
Superintendent Scott Ziegler stated earlier this month, according to NBC4 Washington: "We've had ongoing misinformation and citizens concerned that critical race theory was being taught in our schools. I will say again tonight that it is not."
https://www.newsweek.com/virginia-school-board-hearing-critical-race-theory-turns-chaotic-two-arrested-1603500

He wants to understand why Jan 6th happened, just like he wants to understand anything else... like CRT.

eta - also pretty sure Mein Kampf was required reading for me in a class.  Why wouldn't you read Mein Kampf?
And like I said, I'm confused how CRT, Jan 6th and white rage all fit together, because from his answer he puts them in the same circle.

I have yet to read Mein Kampf, but it has been called one of the most dangerous books to read. Hard to call it that one day and required reading the next.

And like I said, I'm confused how CRT, Jan 6th and white rage all fit together, because from his answer he puts them in the same circle.

I have yet to read Mein Kampf, but it has been called one of the most dangerous books to read. Hard to call it that one day and required reading the next.
Not how I took it at all.  My post was how I interpreted his answer.

LOL (seriously I laughed hard) at calling a book dangerous.  You can't be serious... are you?

Not how I took it at all.  My post was how I interpreted his answer.

LOL (seriously I laughed hard) at calling a book dangerous.  You can't be serious... are you?
That's how I interpreted Milley's answer. Hence why I was hoping to get clarification.

I don't think a book is necessarily dangerous, but if you google Mein Kampf dangerous book, you're going to get pages of results from a variety of sources.

You know what Max?  I'm sorry.  That was an undeserved low blow.  Still can't fathom how you fell for her horse manure but still, my comment was out of bounds and I apologize.  
All good man. This places gets everyone sooner or later. 

Sidney appears to not be as reputable as I thought, but I also don't think we've heard the last from her. I'll be more cautious with her future statements.

All good man. This places gets everyone sooner or later. 

Sidney appears to not be as reputable as I thought, but I also don't think we've heard the last from her. I'll be more cautious with her future statements.
Her defense is "no reasonable person would conclude that the statements were truly statements of fact".

I'd say it is safe to dismiss anything she says unless you enjoy being taken for a ride.

That's how I interpreted Milley's answer. Hence why I was hoping to get clarification.

I don't think a book is necessarily dangerous, but if you google Mein Kampf dangerous book, you're going to get pages of results from a variety of sources.
Fair enough on Milley, I guess we see it different.

As for Mein Kampf - Show me a person arguing a book is "dangerous", I'll show you a person incapable of critical thought and/or lacking the ability to articulate a case against it.

Fair enough on Milley, I guess we see it different.

As for Mein Kampf - Show me a person arguing a book is "dangerous", I'll show you a person incapable of critical thought and/or lacking the ability to articulate a case against it.
I like that you phrased it this way. I agree.

Does this mean you're also anti-censorship?

Are there thoughts too dangerous for others to hear, read or share?

Max Power said:
I like that you phrased it this way. I agree.

Does this mean you're also anti-censorship?

Are there thoughts too dangerous for others to hear, read or share?
Maybe for primetime television and newspapers (audiences that may not be adults), at some extreme point, but in general no.  Weaksauce.  Listen, read, absorb, consider, form your own opinions and reasoning.

eta - thoughts and ideas and opinions become VERY different when they are presented as facts, as inarguable..  This #### needs to stop, for any and all sides.

This was posted by @urbanhack in the Tucker Carlson thread but its also applies here.

Tucker Carlson Calls General Mark Milley 'A Pig' for Critical Race Theory Comments

"Mark Milley is the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff," Carlson added. "He didn't get that job because he's brilliant or because he's brave. Or because people who know him respect him. He is not, and they definitely don't. Milley got the job because he is obsequious. He knows who to suck up to, and he's more than happy to do it. Feed him a script and he will read it."

"He's not just a pig. He's stupid."

Milley, America's highest-ranking military officer, has been in the U.S. Army since 1980 and fought in both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. He has also been deployed to Bosnia, Somalia and Haiti. He has degrees from Princeton, Columbia and the Naval War College in Newport, Rhode Island. The 63-year-old became chairman of the Joint Chiefs in October 2019.

At the end of his segment, Carlson took a parting shot at Milley: "By the way, have you read anything recently about winning wars? Apparently not."

This was posted by @urbanhack in the Tucker Carlson thread but its also applies here.

Tucker Carlson Calls General Mark Milley 'A Pig' for Critical Race Theory Comments

"Mark Milley is the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff," Carlson added. "He didn't get that job because he's brilliant or because he's brave. Or because people who know him respect him. He is not, and they definitely don't. Milley got the job because he is obsequious. He knows who to suck up to, and he's more than happy to do it. Feed him a script and he will read it."

Milley, America's highest-ranking military officer, has been in the U.S. Army since 1980 and fought in both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars. He has also been deployed to Bosnia, Somalia and Haiti. He has degrees from Princeton, Columbia and the Naval War College in Newport, Rhode Island. The 63-year-old became chairman of the Joint Chiefs in October 2019.

At the end of his segment, Carlson took a parting shot at Milley: "By the way, have you read anything recently about winning wars? Apparently not."
Those comments are repulsive.  

Carlson is 100% spot on.. Milley came off a baby and defensive. Biden needs to let him go, but Joey will never do anything right so.
100% spot on?  Please explain your basis for agreeing with the following:

"He didn't get that job because he's brilliant or because he's brave. Or because people who know him respect him. He is not, and they definitely don't.”

@PennStater77

Disgusting.  And this guy has the biggest platform on cable news with a flock of millions who eat up his anti intellectualism garbage. 

"He didn't get that job because he's brilliant or because he's brave. Or because people who know him respect him. He is not, and they definitely don't.”

Gen Milley's background:

Milley earned his commission as an Armor officer through Princeton's Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps program in 1980 and spent most of his career in Infantry assignments. He has served in the 82nd Airborne Division, the 5th Special Forces Group, the 7th Infantry Division, the 2nd Infantry Division, the Joint Readiness Training Center, the 25th Infantry Division, Operations Staff of the Joint Staff, and as a Military Assistant to the Secretary of Defense in the Pentagon.

General Milley has had multiple command and staff positions in eight divisions and special forces throughout the last 39 years to include command of the 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry, 2nd Infantry Division; Milley commanded the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light) from December 2003 to July 2005, served as deputy commanding general for operations of the 101st Airborne Division from July 2007 to April 2008, and was commanding general of the 10th Mountain Division from November 2011 to December 2012. He then served as the Commanding General of III Corps, based at Fort Hood, Texas, from 2012 to 2014, and as the commanding general of the United States Army Forces Command, based at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, from 2014 to 2015. He was appointed chief of staff of the Army on August 14, 2015.

This sounds to me like a bio of someone that is pretty smart and brave but not enough for tough-guy Carlson. 

Apparently he doesn't seem to have a whole lot of respect for the US Army if he thinks that they'll have stupid cowards hold all of these positions and appoint them as Chief of staff.   

Gen Milley's background:

Milley earned his commission as an Armor officer through Princeton's Army Reserve Officers' Training Corps program in 1980 and spent most of his career in Infantry assignments. He has served in the 82nd Airborne Division, the 5th Special Forces Group, the 7th Infantry Division, the 2nd Infantry Division, the Joint Readiness Training Center, the 25th Infantry Division, Operations Staff of the Joint Staff, and as a Military Assistant to the Secretary of Defense in the Pentagon.

General Milley has had multiple command and staff positions in eight divisions and special forces throughout the last 39 years to include command of the 1st Battalion, 506th Infantry, 2nd Infantry Division; Milley commanded the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 10th Mountain Division (Light) from December 2003 to July 2005, served as deputy commanding general for operations of the 101st Airborne Division from July 2007 to April 2008, and was commanding general of the 10th Mountain Division from November 2011 to December 2012. He then served as the Commanding General of III Corps, based at Fort Hood, Texas, from 2012 to 2014, and as the commanding general of the United States Army Forces Command, based at Fort Bragg, North Carolina, from 2014 to 2015. He was appointed chief of staff of the Army on August 14, 2015.

This sounds to me like a bio of someone that is pretty smart and brave but not enough for tough-guy Carlson. 

Apparently he doesn't seem to have a whole lot of respect for the US Army if he thinks that they'll have stupid cowards hold all of these positions and appoint them as Chief of staff.   
Any words to this effect coming from a guy like Carlson is nothing short of a joke.  The guy is a chump. He would lose a physical fight to most 12 year olds

I will just say this board had a different vibe about Milley after the Soleimani strike.

Calling him a Trump yes man, which is essentially what Tucker said.

I don't agree with that, but do find it interesting how the shoe is on the other foot now. 

I will just say this board had a different vibe about Milley after the Soleimani strike.

Calling him a Trump yes man, which is essentially what Tucker said.

I don't agree with that, but do find it interesting how the shoe is on the other foot now. 
I don’t recall participating in that discussion and didn’t find that discussion doing a search of his name. Maybe the search function is still broken. I did find a post of mine with his statement of regret after participating in the church/Bible photo op. 

I don’t recall participating in that discussion and didn’t find that discussion doing a search of his name. Maybe the search function is still broken. I did find a post of mine with his statement of regret after participating in the church/Bible photo op. 
And I'm not sure anyone called him a pig and stupid.  Especially anyone with millions of viewers

That whole Iran thread is gone. Not sure what happened to it.

It was also unfortunate when Milley was called a lapdog for that event.

That one was actually senator Tammy Duckworth on a MSM network calling Milley Trump's lapdog. 

It is fine questioning ones motives and disagreeing with their take on foreign policy. Heck, it is fine to call him a yes man or a lapdog. Even fine to call him worse than that.

It sure is another thing to call him "not just a pig, but stupid".

Can we agree on that?

It is fine questioning ones motives and disagreeing with their take on foreign policy. Heck, it is fine to call him a yes man or a lapdog. Even fine to call him worse than that.

Can we agree on that?
lapdog, pig or stupid are all insults.  They are all bad.  :shrug:

Can we agree on that?
I'd say calling him a pig and stupid is worse than a lapdog, but I also don't think calling him a lapdog is ok either.

I think there was some truth to Tucker's statement about him being a yes man. It does seem like the name calling is what people are upset about though.

IMO and only speculation here, is that most Army Generals would be more upset being called a lapdog than a pig or stupid. 

I'd say calling him a pig and stupid is worse than a lapdog, but I also don't think calling him a lapdog is ok either.

I think there was some truth to Tucker's statement about him being a yes man. It does seem like the name calling is what people are upset about though.

IMO and only speculation here, is that most Army Generals would be more upset being called a lapdog than a pig or stupid. 
Yeah, I was never a general but calling an Infantryman stupid, pig or a stupid pig would have garnered giggles.  Lapdog is more insulting.

Yeah, I was never a general but calling an Infantryman stupid, pig or a stupid pig would have garnered giggles.  Lapdog is more insulting.
The part that got me was saying that a guy with Milley’s service record wasn’t brave. 

Users who are viewing this thread