What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

General Milley destroys Matt Gaetz in answering question about Critical Race Theory, “wokeness” and the military (2 Viewers)

Suckers and Losers, but he hugs the flag so all is forgiven, true patriot that one, doing the Lords work
I can't believe the so-called patriots supported him after he said our POWs weren't heroes. From a guy who did everything he could to not serve his country.

Interesting fact: No member of the Trump family has ever served in the US military, including his father and grandfather.

I can't believe the so-called patriots supported him after he said our POWs weren't heroes. From a guy who did everything he could to not serve his country.

Interesting fact: No member of the Trump family has ever served in the US military, including his father and grandfather.
Now do barack obama and bill clinton!!!

I saw a documentary about The Bee Gees the other day and they covered Disco Demolition Night.

Disco Demolition Night/Disco backlash took place in the late 70s.  Approx 15 years after the Civil Rights Act of 1964.  Disco was an art form that clearly came out of black, latino, and gay culture (just like rock n roll, actually).  Combine that with all the social changes that were talking place, did white/straight people feel like they were "losing the country" so there was this extreme backlash that was clearly out of proportion?  I mean, rock music wasn't going anywhere.

Fast forward to January 6th.  Obviously a much more dangerous situation, but similar circumstances.  First black President.  Lot of changes in society.  Lots of new thoughts and discussions about rights and discrimination.  Trump gets elected by basically rejecting all of that and giving white people/straight people permission to be angry.  Then he gets hammered in the election and claims fraud and it just reinforces that we are "losing the country" so there is an even more extreme backlash.  Just like in the 70s, white people aren't "losing the country."  I mean, if white people are losing, who's winning?

What do you think?  If I gave somebody an idea for a doctoral thesis just now, you are welcome.

I saw a documentary about The Bee Gees the other day and they covered Disco Demolition Night.

Disco Demolition Night/Disco backlash took place in the late 70s.  Approx 15 years after the Civil Rights Act of 1964.  Disco was an art form that clearly came out of black, latino, and gay culture (just like rock n roll, actually).  Combine that with all the social changes that were talking place, did white/straight people feel like they were "losing the country" so there was this extreme backlash that was clearly out of proportion?  I mean, rock music wasn't going anywhere.

Fast forward to January 6th.  Obviously a much more dangerous situation, but similar circumstances.  First black President.  Lot of changes in society.  Lots of new thoughts and discussions about rights and discrimination.  Trump gets elected by basically rejecting all of that and giving white people/straight people permission to be angry.  Then he gets hammered in the election and claims fraud and it just reinforces that we are "losing the country" so there is an even more extreme backlash.  Just like in the 70s, white people aren't "losing the country."  I mean, if white people are losing, who's winning?

What do you think?  If I gave somebody an idea for a doctoral thesis just now, you are welcome.
Good stuff.  :thumbup:

I mean....look how white people reacted to the ridiculous idea of letting black people out of slavery, for crying out loud. Change is hard.  White people don't do well with it in our country.  

And it took about 100 years for that change to be mostly accepted....
Well, unless you were a black person in the south and wanted to eat at a restaurant counter, ride in the front of a bus, drink water out of a fountain or go to a school with white kids but other than that, yeah, we came a long way in 100 years!   Sort of.....

It’s a wonderful comparison but there’s just one little problem with it. 

Disco mostly sucked. There were a few great songs, a few decent ones, but most of it sucked. Those of us who hated disco didn’t hate it because it was mostly black. We hated it because it sucked. 

Ted Nugent is another guy who drapes himself in the flag yet did his best to squirm his way out of military service.

Ted Nugent is another guy who drapes himself in the flag yet did his best to squirm his way out of military service.
And was rapey with underage girls but once again it’s the libs keeping kids in a pizza joint basement we have to be outraged with

It’s a wonderful comparison but there’s just one little problem with it. 

Disco mostly sucked. There were a few great songs, a few decent ones, but most of it sucked. Those of us who hated disco didn’t hate it because it was mostly black. We hated it because it sucked. 
LOL!!!  Touche.

Obama's maternal grandfather served in the US Army in WWII, and his paternal grandfather served in the British Colonial Forces in WWI.
But neither Barack nor Bill, served, right?

I mean, you guys are really reaching for stuff to bag on Trump about.  It's kind of pathetic, IMO.  

Obama's maternal grandfather served in the US Army in WWII, and his paternal grandfather served in the British Colonial Forces in WWI.
Did you not read the original post that you responded to, which mentioned that neither of Trump's grandparents served their country, after which you said "Now do barack obama and bill clinton!!!"?

Do you have a macro on your keyboard that just randomly posts whataboutisms?

Did you not read the original post that you responded to, which mentioned that neither of Trump's grandparents served their country, after which you said "Now do barack obama and bill clinton!!!"?

Do you have a macro on your keyboard that just randomly posts whataboutisms?
The larger point is the amount of pathetic reaching that needs to be done to justify the Trump hate.

Liberal #1: "Did you know that Donald Trump's great great great great great great great great Grandfather wasn't at the signing of the Magna Carta?"

Liberal #2: "Oh my.  That just shows you how despicable he is!"

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
The larger point is the amount of pathetic reaching that needs to be done to justify the Trump hate.

Liberal #1: "Did you know that Donald Trump's great great great great great great great great Grandfather wasn't at the signing of the Magna Carta?"

Agreed.  Pointing out that Trump's dad and grandfather didn't serve is pointless.  But in response, maybe you should write that it's pointless instead of "now do Obama" and then get upset when someone does exactly as you asked?

No reaching is needed.  We just need to read his posts and listen to his words.   

I didn't serve, I find the way he talks about veterans disgusting.  IMO it's bad either way, but even worse from people who did not serve and/or actively avoided having to serve.  Personally, I don't need to dig farther back the family tree than that, but it does put a little perspective if they even grew up with vets.  

Now do barack obama and bill clinton!!!

I mean, you guys are really reaching for stuff to bag on Trump about.  It's kind of pathetic, IMO.  
You are calling us pathetic for providing an answer in response to your specific request?

Everyone still happy with Milley's job performance? 

Books will be written about his strategic decisions over the last year. 

Yet another reminder that getting woke usually comes at the expense of doing your actual job.
Yep. The Airforce was tweeting about diversity roughly an hour before the blasts in Kabul. 

Rubs people the wrong way, and makes them question what ideas their brainpower hours are devoted to. 

That blast didnt care what color you were. 

Yet another reminder that getting woke usually comes at the expense of doing your actual job.
This is a fantastically stupid meme unbefitting of your intelligence and usual thoughtfulness.  People are capable of thinking critically about multiple topics, something you know quite well.  People shouldn't spend 24x7 thinking about "their actual job", something you know quite well.  There is literally no downside to me thinking rationally and concluding, for example, "police frequently and unfairly target minorities", and such thoughts don't impact my job performance in any way.

This is a fantastically stupid meme unbefitting of your intelligence and usual thoughtfulness.  People are capable of thinking critically about multiple topics, something you know quite well.  People shouldn't spend 24x7 thinking about "their actual job", something you know quite well.  There is literally no downside to me thinking rationally and concluding, for example, "police frequently and unfairly target minorities", and such thoughts don't impact my job performance in any way.
People can think about all sorts of random stuff while they're doing their morning workout, taking a coffee break, enjoying lunch, or whatever.  Obviously you're right that that sort of thing is costless.

On the other hand, somebody actually had to take time out of their day to prepare the general's remarks, run through them, and set up this little viral moment during the general's work day.  In hindsight, that time obviously could have been better spent on stuff related to running the military.  

When organizations get woke, it isn't just people thinking about stuff in their spare time.  Wokeness becomes part of the institutional mission, which means it gets resources -- specifically time, money, and mental bandwith.  Those aren't infinite resources.  They come at the direct expense of the job the institution was supposed to be doing in the first place.

While true, if you underperform at your primary task at hand, people have a right to question how you're spending your time. 

People can think about all sorts of random stuff while they're doing their morning workout, taking a coffee break, enjoying lunch, or whatever.  Obviously you're right that that sort of thing is costless.

On the other hand, somebody actually had to take time out of their day to prepare the general's remarks, run through them, and set up this little viral moment during the general's work day.  In hindsight, that time obviously could have been better spent on stuff related to running the military.  

When organizations get woke, it isn't just people thinking about stuff in their spare time.  Wokeness becomes part of the institutional mission, which means it gets resources -- specifically time, money, and mental bandwith.  Those aren't infinite resources.  They come at the direct expense of the job the institution was supposed to be doing in the first place.
I disagree.  Part of any job, or institution, includes such functions as recruiting, public messaging, or, in this particular case, responding to bat#### crazy Republican legislators.  Diversity is a reasonable goal.  Diversity can be increased through public messaging.  Diversity can be encouraged within an organization through internal messaging.

If you honestly believe that the two speech writers assigned to the brief testimony from months ago would have made the difference in the Afghanistan planning, I really don't know what to tell you.

While true, if you underperform at your primary task at hand, people have a right to question how you're spending your time. 
This is also pretty stupid.  By this logic, we can blame every mistake anyone ever made, for any organization, in any capacity, on their political leanings.

This is also pretty stupid.  By this logic, we can blame every mistake anyone ever made, for any organization, in any capacity, on their political leanings.
Not really, but if that's the corner you want to fight from. 

Are you happy with Milley's performance and assessments over the last 6 months?

Not really, but if that's the corner you want to fight from. 

Are you happy with Milley's performance and assessments over the last 6 months?
Quite honestly, the Afghanistan withdrawal appears to me to be a trainwreck.  That said, I really don't have the knowledge to know who made which assessments and which decisions, nor do I know enough about the details to understand what all the other options were, understand the pros/cons of those options, etc.  For all I know, Milley made decisions based on faulty intelligence.  For all I know, he made decisions then was overruled by Biden or others in the administration.  For all I know, neither of those things are accurate.  My answer is, quite simply, I don't know.

I would also suggest that 99%+ of those posting here don't have the knowledge to know either.

I disagree.  Part of any job, or institution, includes such functions as recruiting, public messaging, or, in this particular case, responding to bat#### crazy Republican legislators.  Diversity is a reasonable goal.  Diversity can be increased through public messaging.  Diversity can be encouraged within an organization through internal messaging.

If you honestly believe that the two speech writers assigned to the brief testimony from months ago would have made the difference in the Afghanistan planning, I really don't know what to tell you.
This is the kind of mission drift I'm talking about.  

Quite honestly, the Afghanistan withdrawal appears to me to be a trainwreck.  That said, I really don't have the knowledge to know who made which assessments and which decisions, nor do I know enough about the details to understand what all the other options were, understand the pros/cons of those options, etc.  For all I know, Milley made decisions based on faulty intelligence.  For all I know, he made decisions then was overruled by Biden or others in the administration.  For all I know, neither of those things are accurate.  My answer is, quite simply, I don't know.

I would also suggest that 99%+ of those posting here don't have the knowledge to know either.
I'll say when the dust settles, it's going to be Milley who gets the axe. His strategic recommendations and intelligence failures are historically bad. Spending any time on "white rage" furthers his ineptitude. 

No his job is a 24x7 job.    And that's all he should think about.    

Users who are viewing this thread