What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

George Zimmerman Questioned by Police for Threatening Wife With Gun (3 Viewers)

Apparently the guy who punched GZ thought GZ was Matthew Apperson, the man accused of shooting GZ during a road-rage confrontation last year.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/zimmerman-punched-bragging-killing-trayvon-martin-article-1.2739089
ok im confused by these excerpts from that story .

The 32-year-old complimented a man’s Confederate flag tattoo and then started talking about Martin.

“You’re bragging about that?” a man said as he approached the group.

Zimmerman told the Orlando Sentinel Thursday that his drunken assailant, identified in the police report as “Eddie,” thought he was Matthew Apperson, the man accused of shooting at Zimmerman during a road-rage confrontation last year.

“You better get the f--- out of here you n----r lover, you ain’t welcome here,” the man told Zimmerman before punching him and breaking his glasses.

So my confusion is why would that guy who hit Zimmy care if he was bragging about shooting Martin if he himself is a racist?

Zimmerman walked into a bar and sees "Eddie" with a confederate flag tattoo and brags about shooting Martin. The guy for some reason thought Zimmerman was Apperson. I guess he feels Apperson is a n----r lover because he was accused of shooting at Zimmerman in the road rage incident. 

We're going to end up with an OJ finale with him, whether it's out of guilt or he's always had this rage it's clear he's unwound. I didn't follow this case closely before, did he have this kind of record of altercations before he killed Martin?

Last edited by a moderator:
We're going to end up with an OJ finale with him, whether it's out of guilt or he's always had this rage it's clear he's unwound. I didn't follow this case closely before, did he have this kind of record of altercations before he killed Martin?
yes

one was a domestic and the other was a run in with an off duty cop i believe, at a bar

Zimmerman walked into a bar and sees "Eddie" with a confederate flag tattoo and brags about shooting Martin. The guy for some reason thought Zimmerman was Apperson. I guess he feels Apperson is a n----r lover because he was accused of shooting at Zimmerman in the road rage incident. 
The guy with the tattoo wasn't "Eddie." GM saw some other guy with a tattoo and while complimenting him on it thought he'd flex some bono fides by telling the guy he killed TM. "Eddie" overheard it and called him out. GM is the only one pushing this narrative about mistaken identity as far as I can tell.

So, funny thing.....one of his ex-girlfriends is now my next door neighbor.  I might very well be in the news here before too long :oldunsure:  

Zimmerman is now suing Trayvon Martin's family and the prosecutor in the case. Interesting fella.

Link

George Zimmerman has sued the family of Trayvon Martin, the unarmed black Florida teen he shot and killed in 2012, in a lawsuit filed Wednesday by controversial lawyer Larry Klayman.

The $100 million suit also targets a lawyer for Martin’s family and prosecutors who tried Zimmerman for second-degree murder in 2013, resulting in a 2013 acquittal, report the South Florida Sun Sentinel, the Miami Herald and the Daily Beast.

Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch volunteer who said he was acting in self-defense when he shot Martin, who was returning to the home of his father’s fiancee after buying Skittles and a drink.

The suit claims a witness in the murder trial, Rachel Jeantel, misrepresented herself to prosecutors as Martin’s girlfriend, “Diamond Eugene,” before the trial. The girlfriend had been speaking with Martin on the phone just before an altercation with Zimmerman, the suit said. But the real “Diamond Eugene” was Brittany Diamond Eugene, Jeantel’s half sister, who refused to testify falsely, the suit alleges.

The lawsuit alleges malicious prosecution by prosecutors and a civil conspiracy by the defendants to put on a false witness. The suit also alleges defamation by the lawyer, Ben Crump, and by HarperCollins Publishers, the publisher of Crump’s book, Open Season: Legalized Genocide of Colored People.

The suit includes information from a documentary called The Trayvon Hoax: Unmasking the Witness Fraud that Divided America. The director is Joe Gilbert, a frequent Infowars guest who is known for right-wing conspiracy theories, according to the Sun Sentinel and the Daily Beast.

A prior film by Gilbert was based on the theory that President Barack Obama was the secret son of an American labor leader and Obama was raised to lead a communist revolution. Gilbert also pushed debunked claims that Obama wore a ring inscribed with a Muslim prayer and that President Bill Clinton had a secret son with a prostitute, according to the articles.

Klayman has been described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as “a pathologically litigious attorney and a professional gadfly notorious for suing everyone from Iran’s Supreme Leader to his own mother,” according to the Daily Beast. He is a founder of the group Legal Watch, which frequently sued Bill and Hillary Clinton, but he has since split from the group. A New York judge who refused to grant Klayman pro hac vice admission to litigate a case in the state in 2007 cited one judge’s observations that Klayman had made “preposterous” claims and displayed “abusive and obnoxious” behavior.

The lawsuit alleges malicious prosecution by prosecutors and a civil conspiracy by the defendants to put on a false witness. The suit also alleges defamation by the lawyer, Ben Crump, and by HarperCollins Publishers, the publisher of Crump’s book, Open Season: Legalized Genocide of Colored People.
The prosecution was too honest, and presented a case that was too weak to even go to court.  The only reason the case went forward is because of outside pressure from the media and Justice Department.  I did not see any indication that the prosecution was involved in any conspiracy or malicious prosecution.  The family lawyer, Ben Crump was a flame-thrower and I could see how he could draw a defamation lawsuit.  If that girl lied about the conversation, she should be prosecuted, but I doubt she has anything to go after.  The family should be left alone.  

Users who are viewing this thread