What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

George Zimmerman Questioned by Police for Threatening Wife With Gun (2 Viewers)

I have no idea what happened, and neither do you or Doug B.
Whle you're correct about this ... there's really no need to wait for all the facts to come up with an off-the-cuff internal narrative that makes sense in my own head. It can obviously be contraverted later by better information.

You're free to draw your own conclusions, but I don't see anything that leads me to believe she fabricated an incident out of nothing, which seems to be what you're suggesting when you say she should face charges for making a fake 911 call. You don't face charges if you simply get one detail wrong.
Besides the fact that the police said so?
Can you show me the quote where the police say nothing happened? I guess I missed it.
As soon as I see one that says he did do something.
So the answer is no, you can't.
I can. But my point still remains. Where is your proof he did all this? The police say that both sides blame the other.

Deputy Police Chief Colin Morgan said officers did not recover a gun, and Bracknell said Shellie Zimmerman later dropped her claim that a gun was involved.
Zimmerman's lawyer went on CNN and said George did have a gun. Guess that was before they all got their stories straight.
Actually, he said he believed GZ had his gun on him. But I don't believe he had his gun on him. So that makes it 1 against 1 for people who weren't there to know the actual facts.
When did you become so angry?

You're free to draw your own conclusions, but I don't see anything that leads me to believe she fabricated an incident out of nothing, which seems to be what you're suggesting when you say she should face charges for making a fake 911 call. You don't face charges if you simply get one detail wrong.
Besides the fact that the police said so?
Can you show me the quote where the police say nothing happened? I guess I missed it.
As soon as I see one that says he did do something.
So the answer is no, you can't.
I can. But my point still remains. Where is your proof he did all this? The police say that both sides blame the other.

Deputy Police Chief Colin Morgan said officers did not recover a gun, and Bracknell said Shellie Zimmerman later dropped her claim that a gun was involved.
Zimmerman's lawyer went on CNN and said George did have a gun. Guess that was before they all got their stories straight.
Actually, he said he believed GZ had his gun on him. But I don't believe he had his gun on him. So that makes it 1 against 1 for people who weren't there to know the actual facts.
When did you become so angry?
I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to be angry. I'm not angry. I was just defending my side. I'm still the same guy that met you for a beer in Houston: very happy-go-lucky. :thumbup:

O’MARA: He acted appropriately. He never took the weapon out. The only thing he really did, which is what he told the police, was on the outside of his shirt, he made sure the gun wasn’t moving anywhere and didn’t do anything because [Zimmerman's father-in-law] Mr. Dean was sort of coming at him, that can sort of be seen in the video.

COOPER: So he had the gun actually on his person not like, in the glove box of his car?

O’MARA: That’s correct
O’Mara acknowledged “there are some reports that said he didn’t have a gun with him but he did.” He also admitted George Zimmerman smashed an iPad during the confrontation
Edited to add:CNN’s Victor Blackwell reported that the police “did not check the car” because they didn’t have a warrant and it “wasn’t part of the crime scene.” Other reports indicate that, at some point, Police Chief Steve Bracknell became aware that there was a gun in Zimmerman’s truck, but they did not confiscate it. Shellie Zimmerman told the 911 operator that her husband was threatening her from his vehicle.
Lawyers often lie to make their clients look worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shellie Zimmerman claims her estranged husband, George Zimmerman, broke into pieces an iPad she used to record video of their confrontation Monday afternoon, Officer Zach Hudson of the Lake Mary (Fla.) Police Department told The Huffington Post.

“That iPad is in half a dozen pieces at this point,” Hudson said. The remains of the device have been sent to a lab where technicians will attempt to extract the video Shellie Zimmerman recorded and any other potential evidence that might be stored on it.
Could be interesting. Maybe the tub of goo didn't kill this witness. Oh and did you hear? His lawyer said I'm out.

George Zimmerman was arrested today for domestic violence on his girlfriend and is being held without bail at the Seminole County Jail. Deputies said at one point, Zimmerman pointed a shotgun at his girlfriend, 27-year-old Samantha Scheibe. He also broke a table, pushed her out of the home and barricaded the door with furniture.
Same woman who was with him at the incident with his wife.

Since then, Zimmerman has had a string of run-ins with law enforcement. In September he was handcuffed by Lake Mary police but released after his estranged wife, Shellie, and her father accused him of threatening them with a gun while they were moving her belongings out of a house the couple shared until Shellie Zimmerman filed for divorce. Zimmerman had arrived at that scene with Scheibe, who was described a few days later as his girlfriend by Shellie Zimmerman's attorney, Kelly Sims.
According to the police report from the incident in Lake Mary on Sept. 9, Scheibe "was visibly shaken" by that dispute, which resulted in Shellie Zimmerman's father taking a punch to the nose and George Zimmerman tearing up his estranged wife's iPad. When questioned by police then, according to the report, she "stated she had no idea what was going on." She answered only a few questions from officers that day and refused to give a written statement.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/trayvon-martin/os-george-zimmerman-arrested-20131118,0,1837318.story

Reminds me of more and more of OJ Simpson. During the trial I was around 60-70% sure this guy murdered that kid. Now I'm around 80-90% sure.
I can say I am 100% sure he killed the kid but was it self defense - that was the big question.

Now that I see him getting into all this trouble afterward the self defense argument is looking a lot more shaky.

Who the heck would date this guy? Does he just put a profile up on Match.com?

As much as I hate to stick up for this I gotta see how this plays out. The fact that a woman would date him makes me think she was in for the drama from the beginning.

Zimmerman is a pathetic loser, but there was no evidence in the case to support the elements of a murder case. It was a case driven by emotions and politics. The evidence in the case supported that he was legally justified in doing what he did. The case should never ever had gone to trial.

Zimmerman is a pathetic loser, but there was no evidence in the case to support the elements of a murder case. It was a case driven by emotions and politics. The evidence in the case supported that he was legally justified in doing what he did. The case should never ever had gone to trial.
You're right in that it should not have gone to trial. There was simply not enough evidence to remove reasonable doubt.

But come on jon, doesn't all this make you at least suspicious that this guy really did murder Martin? I know, no way to prove it, but still...

You're right in that it should not have gone to trial. There was simply not enough evidence to remove reasonable doubt.

But come on jon, doesn't all this make you at least suspicious that this guy really did murder Martin? I know, no way to prove it, but still...
I feel dirty agreeing with Timschochet.

It'll grow on you.

I enjoyed your thread about Milli Vanelli. It was far more funny than Ministry of Pain's similar thread. MOP has no sense of humor.

if it walks like a duck.......

It'll grow on you.

I enjoyed your thread about Milli Vanelli. It was far more funny than Ministry of Pain's similar thread. MOP has no sense of humor.
Milli Vanilli should never have been stripped of their Grammy. I'm standing for justice. That was not humor.

I just NEEDED to be the one that posted the topic first in the FFA. You have no idea how important that is to me.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trevon Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating on him, and Zimmerman was screaming for his life. Morally, the situation was far from calling for Zimmerman to pull out the gun and shoot Trevon. Zimmerman grossly exaggerated about his head being pounded in. He probably lied or exaggerated about the struggle for the gun, but in the end of the day, legally Zimmerman acted within the law no matter how ####ty you think his actions were. I was dead on in every call I made about the case, and I am dead on right about this. It was a tragic case, but that is the law. All the idiots on TV with all their fancy law degrees were absolutely wrong in about everything they said. I was even dead on from the beginning what jury member was going to lead the way for the defense.

I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trevon Martin was on top of Zimmerman beating on him, and Zimmerman was screaming for his life. Morally, the situation was far from calling for Zimmerman to pull out the gun and shoot Trevon. Zimmerman grossly exaggerated about his head being pounded in. He probably lied or exaggerated about the struggle for the gun, but in the end of the day, legally Zimmerman acted within the law no matter how ####ty you think his actions were. I was dead on in every call I made about the case, and I am dead on right about this. It was a tragic case, but that is the law. All the idiots on TV with all their fancy law degrees were absolutely wrong in about everything they said. I was even dead on from the beginning what jury member was going to lead the way for the defense.
Seems like Z has a pattern of confronting people with his gun. Makes it pretty obvious what went down that night and who was really fighting for their life.

:tebow:

jon_mx said:
timschochet said:
jon_mx said:

:lmao:

But can you fellate yourself?

jon_mx said:
timschochet said:
jon_mx said:

:lmao:

But can you fellate yourself?
forward and backwards. :coffee:

SacramentoBob said:
jon_mx said:
timschochet said:
jon_mx said:

Seems like Z has a pattern of confronting people with his gun. Makes it pretty obvious what went down that night and who was really fighting for their life.
this

I thing there is more than enough evidence now that this is what went down that night

Guy sure likes the threaten people with his gun.
after all of this are we still to believe that Martin simply jumped him unprovoked and Zimmy was not the aggressor?
I'm sure Martin must have been hogtied by George preventing him from walking home while George made up his alibi of talking with the non-emergency personnel on the phone for 5 minutes so as to come off as "not following" Martin.

THEN George planted all of those incriminating texts and photos behind two passwords on Martin's phone before Police arrived to further paint the picture of innocence.

Users who are viewing this thread