What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Georgia: the Battle for the Senate (1 Viewer)

What happened to the Walker thread?
Completely deleted?

:lmao:

Must have contained some dangerous content.

I had just posted Maher’s video on Walker - as has been his position of late he blamed the Walker candidacy on the DNC and GOP. I agreed to an extent but as I mentioned, there’s a new segment of the GOP that is making the Walkers and Trumps the nominee - they like what they are getting in these candidates and then due to our 2-party system people feel obligated to vote for them. I argued with Tim like 6-8 years ago that our 2-party system sucks but he assured me I was wrong and it’s fantastic. I attribute a good deal of what is happening with worse and worse candidates to the 2-party system (and no RCV, term limits among some other things).
I replied to your post in the other thread where I also disagreed with Maher's take. I don't think Republicans are choosing morally bankrupt candidates to troll Democrats. They're just willing to hold their noses because the alternative is so bad to them.

I do think he’s right though about how GOP voters want nothing to do with the woke stuff. What’s baffling to me is nominated people like Trump and Walker.

My favorite thing about Warmock is if he were a republican, the left would bring up religion nonstop. Maybe they found religion?
Really. The current democratic president goes to church regularly. How often did the former president attended church? He is currently a Senator didn't seem to be an issue with the left before.
If a preacher was running R, it wouldn’t be used against him?
By who?
By the left.
By the left, you talking about the voters? Lots of people are one issue voters, that's up to them to choose the issue. Are there examples of media or their opponents attacking someone because they are pastors? Now if it's a pastors who's platform is the Democrats are evil and should be dammed to hell because they are Democrats, that should be used against by the voters left or right.

I do think he’s right though about how GOP voters want nothing to do with the woke stuff. What’s baffling to me is nominated people like Trump and Walker.
Where I think Maher drops the ball is that he thinks Libs' are as worked up about gender as the GOP is pretending

I don’t disagree but I think that can work both ways - don’t get me wrong, I won’t vote GOP until every remnant of Trump is gone (if then) but I can still acknowledge that the other side needs to get a lot better.

Users who are viewing this thread