What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GIANTS @ BEARS GAME THREAD (1 Viewer)

How was that NOT ELi's fault??????
Kind of the same way it wasn't Bradys fault in the SB that Welker couldn't somehow get his arms back behind his body while spinning to catch a ball throw at his face. Myers obviously is at fault because he couldn't jump high enough.

Donnybrook said:
How was that NOT ELi's fault??????
l am being to think you are legally blind.
HIs receiver jumped as high as he could, and it was still over his head...he BARELY tipped it.

showing replay now....6 inches lower and it's caught...dude timed his jump perfectly and simply couldn't quite reach it
Agreed. Myers inadvertently tipped that DOWN to the DB behind him. If he doesn't jump at all, that might sail over everybody.

man--- I feel like eli might be getting a pass thanks to matt schaub. Both have been terrible--but it seems like Schaub has been getting completely dumped on--and his team is 2-3--while eli's team is 0-6. I think the Giants being 0-6 is a far bigger letdown than the Texans being 2-3.

What do you do if you're Couglin about Eli? Not saying bench him but play calling or something has to change.
Cut the shrimpy TE with the 1" vertical. Letting Bennett go was just stupid.

Also cut the FB becasue when he is in there, nothing good happens. Everyone knows you are running it. Teams using FBs are losers in todays NFL.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Reuben Randle see the field after giving himself up and showing a "callous disregard for the ball"?

It amazes me that Romo is so vilified while Eli is defended on every pick. Just goes to show the power of 2 rings.

man--- I feel like eli might be getting a pass thanks to matt schaub.
probably has more to do with being a 2-time Super Bowl MVP. that alone should give him a little more room for error
that also goes to show that it is a much bigger letdown. Schaub is not considered an elite qb--and his team is barely under 0.500. Eli considers himself elite--and most people consider him just outside that elite group--and his team is winless. While eli might be given more room for error--in my opinion---it is a far bigger fall from grace than what schaub is going through.

What do you do if you're Couglin about Eli? Not saying bench him but play calling or something has to change.
stop calling passes?
who the heck is gonna run it? Jacobs might need two weeks to recover from tonight!
yeah its hard to think how to overcome this situation. Can't only run but can't keep feeding the opponent more possessions. It's also funny how I think back to week one when Couglin benched Wilson for basically one fumble and here we are 15 INTs later. however if you bench Eli now the team is lost for sure.

It amazes me that Romo is so vilified while Eli is defended on every pick. Just goes to show the power of 2 rings.
I think it's the way he won those rings too, though. He was about as clutch as can be in the biggest spot both times. Romo hasn't been as of yet.

Its not like you look around the league and go 'oh, well Josh Freeman is available. Hmmm....'. It could be MUCH worse than Eli. Ask Tampa of Jacksonville.

stop calling passes?
who the heck is gonna run it? Jacobs might need two weeks to recover from tonight!
yeah its hard to think how to overcome this situation. Can't only run but can't keep feeding the opponent more possessions. It's also funny how I think back to week one when Couglin benched Wilson for basically one fumble and here we are 15 INTs later. however if you bench Eli now the team is lost for sure.
sucking at running had something to do with DW's benching too

man--- I feel like eli might be getting a pass thanks to matt schaub. Both have been terrible--but it seems like Schaub has been getting completely dumped on--and his team is 2-3--while eli's team is 0-6. I think the Giants being 0-6 is a far bigger letdown than the Texans being 2-3.
You get a longer leash when you have 2 Super Bowls

If I were the Giants I'd go Bull Durham for the next game and make a rain out. Maybe Crash Davis is available. Or maybe Eli should try women's under garments. Rose in the front Eli.

If I were the Giants I'd go Bull Durham for the next game and make a rain out. Maybe Crash Davis is available. Or maybe Eli should try women's under garments. Rose in the front Eli.
I feel sorry if the Giants play a team with a mascot.

Tim Jennings player of that game btw.
? It was his guy that caught the TD and he almost lost it for them when he pretty much threw Nicks out of bounds....luckily Eli had already thrwon the ball 10 yards over his head and 5 yards out of bounds, or it would have been obvious PI.

I vote for Eli - every time the Bears needed a big play, the younger Manning gave it to them...literally.

I thought Michael Irvin using the phrase "Eli can't be throwing those 'Matt Schaubs'" was pretty funny. How bad are you playing when they start burning your jersey and naming the pick 6 after you?

Tim Jennings player of that game btw.
? It was his guy that caught the TD and he almost lost it for them when he pretty much threw Nicks out of bounds....luckily Eli had already thrwon the ball 10 yards over his head and 5 yards out of bounds, or it would have been obvious PI. I vote for Eli - every time the Bears needed a big play, the younger Manning gave it to them...literally.
Yeah and he almost didnt ice the game with his second int, but then he did.

Users who are viewing this thread