What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (15 Viewers)

last night's storm f'd #### up around here.  trees down everywhere, not to mention trashcans.  4 dead, so far.  the winds were gnarly, 70mph+, sinkholes swallowing cars, even a firetruck.   pretty nuts for SoCal

last night's storm f'd #### up around here.  trees down everywhere, not to mention trashcans.  4 dead, so far.  the winds were gnarly, 70mph+, sinkholes swallowing cars, even a firetruck.   pretty nuts for SoCal
Our cool patio umbrella with solar powered lights is probably ruined (I didn't think to take it down in the morning :bag:)

in the late 90s early aughts, a homeless drug addict prostitute kid wrote some stories and books that turned the literary world upside down. celebrities went crazy for the books- especially musicians. he was very reclusive, declining any reading engagements (letting celebrities read instead) until finally he appeared on a german tv interview in andy warhol blonde wig and giant glasses. JT Leroy (jeremy terminator leroy). 

the books were written by a nutso woman who then got her sister in law to play the part. the ruse went on for years. finally unravelled, years later, by the NYtimes (a guy I went to college with, as it turns out... not quite pedo-ex of lisa marie, sure).

I watched a documentary about the story. I found the story insanely compelling- and the doc did a solid job of telling it. highly recommend.

I was wondering whether anybody else knew the books or story or documentary.

eta: there's a ton more to the story.. including that the actual writer ended up writing for Deadwood and the SIL who played the part ended up sleeping with Asia Argento when she was trying to pitch making a movie from one of the books.
wat

Plumbing Apprentice - Bobs Plumbing 2012-2013

Provided Roughens and finishes for customers. 

It's rough-ins. And I have no clue why it's capitalized. 

Last edited by a moderator:
This was my favorite. 

"Soccer Coach Sept 2016-pressnt

Children soccer coach. Fun job "

First sentence isn't even a sentence. Second sentence isn't either but to his credit he didn't end it with punctuation. 
I'm sure this will improve under our new Education Secretary and President Sixth Grade Oral Report

(sorry for breaking the no politics rule feel free to ignore)

Anyone here know how they test for dementia/Alzheimers? Before it becomes apparent, I mean. I could ask my doctor, but I doubt she's up at this hour.

s Anyone here know how they test for dementia/Alzheimers? Before it becomes apparent, I mean. I could ask my doctor, but I doubt she's up at this hour.
All I know off the top of my head is that it is a difficult diagnosis to make, GB. And I should not be up at this hour, either.

:lmao:  GD it

Also, teh Googles indicate "lede" and "lead" are both correct, so perhaps we don't need to go to Defcon One this time.
Ugh.  Not exactly.  This is another one of those things where it was used incorrectly for so long that the dictionaries conceded and said it was an alternate spelling.  It really isn't.  

Anyone here know how they test for dementia/Alzheimers? Before it becomes apparent, I mean. I could ask my doctor, but I doubt she's up at this hour.
Not sure of all the tests that they do now, but I know a fairly common early sign is loss of sense of smell. 

Not sure of all the tests that they do now, but I know a fairly common early sign is loss of sense of smell. 
I'm probably being over-paranoid about it but, after it got my father and now has my uncle, every time I can't immediately recall something it worries me. I live a couple of hours from my family and there's really no one around who might notice if I was slipping.

I'm probably being over-paranoid about it but, after it got my father and now has my uncle, every time I can't immediately recall something it worries me. I live a couple of hours from my family and there's really no one around who might notice if I was slipping.
We just had had a kick ### game of scrabble. You seemed ok. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread