What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (18 Viewers)

Currently, sitting at my kitchen table while the painter is painting the trim on newly installed windows. House is torn apart and dogs are super barky. What a wonderful Tues.

Haven't peaked in this thread in forever. Hello all.

Best of luck GM. All my luffs.

Thanks GB. Gonna try and make this thread a bit more active in '23. Hopefully with more fun, funny and uplifting stuff.
That would be an awesome positive for 23. The only thing better would be a complete revival of the Eat-Off, although now that we are old it would be a poor choice for health :lmao:
Speaking of poor choices for health, I was tired last night on my way home and I knew we didn’t have much in the fridge. Not a fan at all of Taco Bell but my daughter loves it so figured what the heck.

Well, they managed to screw up almost every single thing in my order (and honestly I realize I’m really to blame for ordering such crap and not double checking my bag until I got home):

-they completely left out 2 burritos
-my taco supreme was just a plain taco
-1 of my daughter’s tacos had lettuce even though they were ordered without
-my wife’s chicken quesadilla had the jalapeño cheese sauce despite ordering it without.

But hey, at least they got the 2 tacos and the 2 orders of nachos right.

It’s not even like I ordered through the drive through which can lead to more confusion. I ordered through the app, so it’s all right there.

Thanks GB. Gonna try and make this thread a bit more active in '23. Hopefully with more fun, funny and uplifting stuff.
That would be an awesome positive for 23. The only thing better would be a complete revival of the Eat-Off, although now that we are old it would be a poor choice for health :lmao:
Speaking of poor choices for health, I was tired last night on my way home and I knew we didn’t have much in the fridge. Not a fan at all of Taco Bell but my daughter loves it so figured what the heck.

Well, they managed to screw up almost every single thing in my order (and honestly I realize I’m really to blame for ordering such crap and not double checking my bag until I got home):

-they completely left out 2 burritos
-my taco supreme was just a plain taco
-1 of my daughter’s tacos had lettuce even though they were ordered without
-my wife’s chicken quesadilla had the jalapeño cheese sauce despite ordering it without.

But hey, at least they got the 2 tacos and the 2 orders of nachos right.

It’s not even like I ordered through the drive through which can lead to more confusion. I ordered through the app, so it’s all right there.
It's amazing to me how bad this has gotten. My oldest has school on Monday evenings, he typically stops at Culver's on his way home for dinner. Since early Nov they have only gotten it correct once. Double cheddar burger with ketchup, onion, and tomatoes and an order of cheese curds. Every time they have messed up the burger and have forgotten the curds a couple of times. It's not even like Culver's is super fast where they can't just double-check it all before it's going out.

I sucked down a Sausage McMuffin last month but didn't pick up any new votes. Shuke has me lapped now after the software switch. Feel like I could eat the balls of a rhino and not close the gap anymore.

I sucked down a Sausage McMuffin last month but didn't pick up any new votes. Shuke has me lapped now after the software switch. Feel like I could eat the balls of a rhino and not close the gap anymore.

well I actually think that would do it GM ...

My dad is 78 and not doing so hot. He caught Covid back in Sept and it really kicked his tail. He called me and my sister over one night in Sept and said he was ready to die. Just wanted to fade away and he was at peace with that. It was an emotional night, but I understood his wishes, told him I loved him, gave him a big hug (we're not big huggers, nor were we big "I love you" guys) and shed a whole lot of tears.

Next day, he has a change of heart and says he's going to fight. Apologizes for the drama/trauma and so that was nice, though not the emotional rollercoaster I was wanting to ride. The last few months, his health has declined, had about 2 liters of fluid drained from around his lungs and heart, different things causing all sorts of problems that aren't going to get any better. He doesn't want to go on dialysis - that's a hellish process I wouldn't wish on anybody. Taking him to the doctor with my sister to find out what kind of time we have left with him.

It's sad, but I'm going to treat each day that he's still around as a gift. Going to take him to watch NFL Playoffs this weekend, etc. Just keep him busy, laugh with him, sip a few beers with him. For those of you who play in my fantasy playoff contest, he's already filled out his roster, so I know he's at least planning on little more time but he's very weak and only getting weaker. Before long, I'll be an orphan. Reach out if you'd like to adopt me. :)
Sorry to hear this GM. Let me know if I can be of help in any way. It sucks we don't see each other more. I'll make a better effort.

My gal is having some surgery on Feb 2 which is going to lay her up for about 4 to 6 weeks. Let's get some golf in!! (and drinks) ((and smokes))

My dad is 78 and not doing so hot. He caught Covid back in Sept and it really kicked his tail. He called me and my sister over one night in Sept and said he was ready to die. Just wanted to fade away and he was at peace with that. It was an emotional night, but I understood his wishes, told him I loved him, gave him a big hug (we're not big huggers, nor were we big "I love you" guys) and shed a whole lot of tears.

Next day, he has a change of heart and says he's going to fight. Apologizes for the drama/trauma and so that was nice, though not the emotional rollercoaster I was wanting to ride. The last few months, his health has declined, had about 2 liters of fluid drained from around his lungs and heart, different things causing all sorts of problems that aren't going to get any better. He doesn't want to go on dialysis - that's a hellish process I wouldn't wish on anybody. Taking him to the doctor with my sister to find out what kind of time we have left with him.

It's sad, but I'm going to treat each day that he's still around as a gift. Going to take him to watch NFL Playoffs this weekend, etc. Just keep him busy, laugh with him, sip a few beers with him. For those of you who play in my fantasy playoff contest, he's already filled out his roster, so I know he's at least planning on little more time but he's very weak and only getting weaker. Before long, I'll be an orphan. Reach out if you'd like to adopt me. :)
Sorry to hear this GM. Let me know if I can be of help in any way. It sucks we don't see each other more. I'll make a better effort.

My gal is having some surgery on Feb 2 which is going to lay her up for about 4 to 6 weeks. Let's get some golf in!! (and drinks) ((and smokes))

In!! Can we play some easier courses to start? I'm rusty but got better over the summer.

In!! Can we play some easier courses to start? I'm rusty but got better over the summer.
I have to get surgery on my wrist, which I can't do until after this trial that I have coming up, but after that and six weeks of physical therapy I'd like to make plans to come down and play golf.

I also have the fall “harvest” I need to drop off. Bruce Banner is ready for you.

Tanner, McGronickle (sp?), offdee now, etc… so many funny and/or interesting posters have been pushed away from the forum. Sucks.

Tanner, McGronickle (sp?), offdee now, etc… so many funny and/or interesting posters have been pushed away from the forum. Sucks.

Because they dislike the tight no politics stuff? Or too strict of moderation? Just curious. I have been around a lot less myself in recent weeks, but not sure I could point a finger as to why.

Because they dislike the tight no politics stuff? Or too strict of moderation? Just curious. I have been around a lot less myself in recent weeks, but not sure I could point a finger as to why.
tanner couldn't control himself. politics mostly . offdee got a month for being too sexually explicit/demeaning to women. no clue on mcG

tanner couldn't control himself. politics mostly . offdee got a month for being too sexually explicit/demeaning to women. no clue on mcG

Again? The last thread was tame, wasn't it? We can't share our life experiences?

Again? The last thread was tame, wasn't it? We can't share our life experiences?
Well, it was tame on the actual verbiage but a thread about an adult actress probably doesn't have a long shelf life here. And it does look like it got nuked, not sure if he got a TO or not. Says he was here last on Monday. :kicksrock:

Well, it was tame on the actual verbiage but a thread about an adult actress probably doesn't have a long shelf life here. And it does look like it got nuked, not sure if he got a TO or not. Says he was here last on Monday. :kicksrock:

It was an enjoyable thread for sure, but I think we all recognize that boundaries have changed. Fairly certain our fashion guru is taking an extended time out.

It was an enjoyable thread for sure, but I think we all recognize that boundaries have changed. Fairly certain our fashion guru is taking an extended time out.
But the Idaho murder thread stays... Interesting that that we are free to discuss four bloody murders but any mention of adult “relations” and the thread is clipped.

But the Idaho murder thread stays... Interesting that that we are free to discuss four bloody murders but any mention of adult “relations” and the thread is clipped.
:shrug: It's Joe's house...have to live by his rules.

Fairly certain our fashion guru is taking an extended time out.
I believe this was discussed in the Missing FBGs thread, which also got nuked. I think someone said he was banned until March and at the moment is inclined not to come back.

Fairly certain our fashion guru is taking an extended time out.
I believe this was discussed in the Missing FBGs thread, which also got nuked. I think someone said he was banned until March and at the moment is inclined not to come back.

what? ...the Missing FBGs thread was taken down? ...really?

* is it "never shall the name be mentioned"?

* or ...hey this could get posters "whipped up in a frenzy"?

just guessing - that seems pretty severe if that thread got taken down

Aw Man. I"m sorry GB. You can always be in our family.

I'm having my bathroom renovated and the contractor has been totally incompetent and is really pissing me off. He said he would do it in 7-10 days. It's been 42 days so far and he's not close to being done. He did the stereotypical contractor move and spent a day demoing everything, leaving all of his junk in my hallway and debris and dirt everywhere, and then disappeared for a week. There are 104 apartments in my building, but I'm going to talk to everyone and warn them never to hire this POS. He was recommended by the property manager so I'm going to talk to him too. I'm trying really hard not to rip into him because I want it done already, but I'm going to also request a huge discount and see what he says.

I'm having my bathroom renovated and the contractor has been totally incompetent and is really pissing me off. He said he would do it in 7-10 days. It's been 42 days so far and he's not close to being done. He did the stereotypical contractor move and spent a day demoing everything, leaving all of his junk in my hallway and debris and dirt everywhere, and then disappeared for a week. There are 104 apartments in my building, but I'm going to talk to everyone and warn them never to hire this POS. He was recommended by the property manager so I'm going to talk to him too. I'm trying really hard not to rip into him because I want it done already, but I'm going to also request a huge discount and see what he says.
Was his the only quote you got? Is he showing up at all now? Have you fully paid him?

Hate to say it, but you may have to get ignorant. He doesn't give a crap about you. If he doesn't satisfy you soon, I'd start with the BBB and whatever other consumer watchdog groups there are in your area. I'd also consider contacting one of your local news channels - most all of them have a reporter who lives for stuff like this.

Was his the only quote you got? Is he showing up at all now? Have you fully paid him?

Hate to say it, but you may have to get ignorant. He doesn't give a crap about you. If he doesn't satisfy you soon, I'd start with the BBB and whatever other consumer watchdog groups there are in your area. I'd also consider contacting one of your local news channels - most all of them have a reporter who lives for stuff like this.
I got other quotes and they were all around the same amount and time table. This guy was recommended by the property manager so he was supposedly proven and accountable and wants to continue getting work in my building. He's destroyed that now and if the property manager continues to recommend him, I will also try to get him fired, although that will be difficult since he's been our property manager for about 15 years now. Going to BBB is a good idea and I will do that. I'll also reach out to the news if it's not done soon, but I'm not sure this qualifies for them yet.

I got other quotes and they were all around the same amount and time table. This guy was recommended by the property manager so he was supposedly proven and accountable and wants to continue getting work in my building. He's destroyed that now and if the property manager continues to recommend him, I will also try to get him fired, although that will be difficult since he's been our property manager for about 15 years now. Going to BBB is a good idea and I will do that. I'll also reach out to the news if it's not done soon, but I'm not sure this qualifies for them yet.
Have you paid him?

Have you paid him?
I had to pay half up front but nothing since then. After its good enough to use for the most part, like take a shower, I'm going to hold him to every detail so it takes forever until he can get paid the rest. Even little things - there's a drip of paint on the floor because he so sloppy - even if that's the only thing left, I'm going to make him fix it if he wants to get paid. Until it's usable, though, I'm kind of stuck. He's such a POS.

Very soon here, I will be at an open bar for pretty much 7 days straight. Been awhile since I’ve hit the booze hard. Let’s see how this goes.

Orlando traffic (I-4 specifically) is still insane. Really surprised this city doesn’t have the highest murder rate nationwide.

So I screwed up my lower back on the right side somehow. Fine walking around, but any sort of bending over or twisting is just agonizing on that side.

This latest old-man injury has now led me to realize something I had never thought of: I always wipe with my right hand. Always. And trying to use your left hand instead is... Not great, Bob!

So I screwed up my lower back on the right side somehow. Fine walking around, but any sort of bending over or twisting is just agonizing on that side.

This latest old-man injury has now led me to realize something I had never thought of: I always wipe with my right hand. Always. And trying to use your left hand instead is... Not great, Bob!

I think I'd just scoot on the carpet and then take a shower.

I think I'd just scoot on the carpet and then take a shower.
Would've been easier. And more effective.

Very sorry to hear this, GB. Be thankful you're near. Dealing with stage 4 liver cancer from 1500 miles away sucks out loud.

Very sorry to hear this, GB. Be thankful you're near. Dealing with stage 4 liver cancer from 1500 miles away sucks out loud.

Damn Bobby Sac, I'm really sorry man. I sure have missed interacting with you, so if you ever need anything, you know where to find me. All my best GB.

I think I've figured something out. If you're as high as Bill Walton, he makes perfect sense. The challenge, of course, is to get as high as Bill Walton, who gobbled 100 mg of edibles before he left the hotel.
@MichaelJLev

Bill Walton: "If I had a minute to live, I'd spend it at a basketball game."

Dave Pasch: "If you had a minute to live, you'd still talk for 90 seconds."
Didn't know where else to put this....

I had right rotator cuff surgery several years ago. Can confirm. (Also had issues combing my hair, which would not be an issue today)

I think I've figured something out. If you're as high as Bill Walton, he makes perfect sense. The challenge, of course, is to get as high as Bill Walton, who gobbled 100 mg of edibles before he left the hotel.
@MichaelJLev

I can take Walton in very small doses. Or possibly with a large dose of whatver he's having.

I kind of enjoy the WTF looks he gets from his broadcast partners though

@MichaelJLev

I can take Walton in very small doses. Or possibly with a large dose of whatver he's having.

I kind of enjoy the WTF looks he gets from his broadcast partners though
I sold weed to Walton in a parking lot outside a bar called the Bacchanal in San Diego. That must have been about 30 years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread