What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (9 Viewers)

Hope all of our Seattle jimtanners are OK

link
:eek:   I had no idea this had happened - good thing I get all my news from the GMTAN.  The restaurant mentioned (Olive & Grape) was one we frequented very often and was a few blocks from where we lived before moving from Seattle to the sticks.  :eek:  

Last edited by a moderator:
just a PSA to whomever, this happened about an hour ago

i'm driving on a major 3 lane through- way   which has occaisional stop lights.    I'm following an older Oldsmobile type sedan as we approach a red light but its like 400 yds ahead.   Speed of traffic is about  30MPH and slowing towards the red light.

guy in front of me never hits his breaks, slams into stopped mini-SUV type car at red light.  I veer to the right around him and look over and he's staring at his cell phone.   

don't be that guy.     But more than that make sure you're checking your rearview mirror when you're stopped at a light.  

that is all

post-13-0-33576900-1429567945.gif

fred, need a little help here.  This was a friend's note to me this morning.

Hello from Boston. I just woke up from a dream. You were in it. 

We were on a plane try to take off from the outfield of the local ball field where I grew up. I'm not sure if we were in first class,  but we probably were. You were by the window. 

Take off was aborted. Engines caught fire, leaving parallel wakes of burning, overgrown grass (it must have been off season). The pilot just missed a local fruit stand near the edge of the park (you know, the old guy who used to sell the fruits and vegetables from his farm right there). But he hit a tree, which brought us to a stop. 

We rode our bicycles down the chute, to get off the plane. We then rode all over the park. You were showing me around. You were very knowledgeable. 

You were in stone-washed jeans. Concert t-shirt (couldn't make out the band). It was the 1980s. You were in better shape than me. I kept stopping for water breaks. You were a very good bicycle rider.

We were on a plane try to take off from the outfield of the local ball field where I grew up. I'm not sure if we were in first class,  but we probably were. You were by the window. 

You were his escape from the life he ended up with.  He associates you with opulence - first class,  great view, literally looking down on where you grew up.  It sounds like you both left the town where you grew up,  but you went on to what he perceives as bigger and better things while he has some regrets. 

Take off was aborted. Engines caught fire, leaving parallel wakes of burning, overgrown grass (it must have been off season). The pilot just missed a local fruit stand near the edge of the park (you know, the old guy who used to sell the fruits and vegetables from his farm right there). But he hit a tree, which brought us to a stop.

Things didn't work out the way he wanted.   He feels like it was out of his control - there's no greater symbol of an accident that should have been avoidable but was completely out of your control than a plane crash.   It wasn't fatal, but it permanently changed the course of his life.  

We rode our bicycles down the chute, to get off the plane. We then rode all over the park. You were showing me around. You were very knowledgeable.
Now imagine that you didn't leave,  and he didn't either.  Imagine if you could stay young and have fun like kids forever.  Intellectually he knows it's impossible to stay children forever and ride bikes,  but the turning point in his life was when you and the life you represent to him were no longer available. 

You were in stone-washed jeans. Concert t-shirt (couldn't make out the band). It was the 1980s. You were in better shape than me. I kept stopping for water breaks. You were a very good bicycle rider.
This wasn't really part of the dream.   Maybe a little but not much.  He obviously wants to bang you.  I would bet he is in great shape now for his age and that he imagines himself as a bit of an athlete, so he's comparing you favorably to himself.  

But it also belies a certain vulnerability   His unsubtle attempts to flatter you are what us old married guys do because it's the only move we have left.   But this is a genuine - maybe weird but entirely genuine - compliment.   He is undeniably impressed by you.  And he doesn't know how to tell you except to interpret some random guy's dreams when he's really talking about his unrepentant love for you and pretend he's talking about something else.   

I had no idea.  That is really ####ed up.

Do you know if these were specific kinds of doctors?  Never heard of such a thing.  

No wonder insurance costs are out of control. 
The only two that I got far enough in the call were both chiropractors.  I have received calls from 5 or 6 others.

I had the same dream, only it was a  tandem bycycle, for whatever reason, and it was a twin engine plane departing Minnesota's professional ballpark.  The Lopez brothers were pilots and for some reason, I was on fire AND drowning.   K4 had on capri's.   

Fred?
Fears being alone.  Obsessed with sports.  Overwhelmed by twins.  Hates Spaniards.  Loves ankles.   Wants to bang bostonfred.  I'm kind of ok with that.   

Users who are viewing this thread