What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (8 Viewers)

I painted the garage all weekend so I was happy to get back to work today. Naturally the client’s IT group took down the entire physical server with some bad updates. It contains a whole bunch of virtual servers including all of mine. The physical server’s backup has been rebuilding all day. Torches and pitchforks in bfe Florida folks. 

heckmanm said:
I like how it makes you set up a user ID and password, but when you go back to it you still need the original game # and code from this thread.
yes it sucks in many ways. I will not be using it again.

how should i do the numbers. Maybe setup a zoom or something and use playing cards? Or maybe facebook live? I've never tried that, but looks easy, Just some way to have witnesses to the card draw

yes it sucks in many ways. I will not be using it again.

how should i do the numbers. Maybe setup a zoom or something and use playing cards? Or maybe facebook live? I've never tried that, but looks easy, Just some way to have witnesses to the card draw
Does the website not have a "randomizer" function?  It's terrible, so probably not.  :D  

cosjobs said:
not yet. I need to go through and free up squares from non-payers and confirm its all kosher. I will try and do that today or this evening.
If any become available I’d take a few.

@shuke

The doc told me today I had no cartilage left and unless I replace my knee it will just get worse and worse. Both knees but he said I had to do them one a time. Isn't there some way to re-cap them like brake pads rather than amputate my knee and put in a hinge. Seems really painful. What's the rehab? Am I going to be trying to get ligaments and tendons and #### to re-attach to the appliance? 

Isn't there some way to re-cap them like brake pads
Not shuke, but I used to work for orthopedic surgeons, who loved injecting knees with a substance made from purified rooster combs. Cost about the same as replacement, and half the time the replacement gets done anyway.

My mom had both done at the same time. She didn't rehab aggressively enough, and although she gets around on a cane, long walks are a problem.

Not shuke, but I used to work for orthopedic surgeons, who loved injecting knees with a substance made from purified rooster combs. Cost about the same as replacement, and half the time the replacement gets done anyway.

My mom had both done at the same time. She didn't rehab aggressively enough, and although she gets around on a cane, long walks are a problem.
Yeah I tried that cockcomb (snicker) stuff. Small. temp improvement. 

@shuke

The doc told me today I had no cartilage left and unless I replace my knee it will just get worse and worse. Both knees but he said I had to do them one a time. Isn't there some way to re-cap them like brake pads rather than amputate my knee and put in a hinge. Seems really painful. What's the rehab? Am I going to be trying to get ligaments and tendons and #### to re-attach to the appliance? 
That's what they are doing, they are recapping them.  It all depends on how early/late you choose to replace.  Sounds like you are beyond a unicompartmental or a resurfacing and need the whole 9 yards.  You'll be fine.  Knees and hips are so common it's a no-brainer. It should still be outpatient and you'll be walking next day.

@shuke

I had both my knees cleaned up in august, was limping on then the next day and walking normal on them a few days later. Small rehab for 4 weeks and then started golfing again and haven’t stopped since. It’s why I can barely walk  most days and am looking to get both replaced sooner rather than later. Doing both knees the same day was not bad at all. 

Had a meniscus tear repaired and a ####load of arthritis cleaned up last October in 1 knee.  Ended up having a severe reaction to the anesthesia and was diagnosed with Malignant Hyperthermia.  Ended up back in the hospital for 5 days on an I.V. drip.  Not fun.

Knee has felt terrific since then.  Will end up having more procedures down the road unless I lose a lot of weight.

Had a meniscus tear repaired and a ####load of arthritis cleaned up last October in 1 knee.  Ended up having a severe reaction to the anesthesia and was diagnosed with Malignant Hyperthermia.  Ended up back in the hospital for 5 days on an I.V. drip.  Not fun.

Knee has felt terrific since then.  Will end up having more procedures down the road unless I lose a lot of weight.
Join us in the weight loss thread. Lots of people having good success and sharing their experiences.

That's what they are doing, they are recapping them.  It all depends on how early/late you choose to replace.  Sounds like you are beyond a unicompartmental or a resurfacing and need the whole 9 yards.  You'll be fine.  Knees and hips are so common it's a no-brainer. It should still be outpatient and you'll be walking next day.
I saw the surgeon today and he scheduled me to get a new MAKO knee installed in three weeks. Are you familiar with those? He said my knee was too effed for anything less than that, unless I wanted to hobble along with cockscomb and steroids.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw the surgeon today and he scheduled me to get a new MAKO knee installed in three weeks. Are you familiar with those? He said my knee was too effed for anything less than that, unless I wanted to hobble along with cockscomb and steroids.
I think Mako is the robot that does the surgery. The hinge is made by others.  My MIL just had this done.

Ron Swanson said:
cosjobs said:
I think Mako is the robot that does the surgery. The hinge is made by others.  My MIL just had this done.
Pretty sure it's the un-tuna Subway uses in their tuna sandwiches. 

cosjobs said:
Mako is the robot to assist with placement.  I'm pretty sure you're getting a Stryker knee.

@cosjobs when's the big draw tonight?  Hopefully it's as entertaining as the video you accidentally posted to Facebook last night while you were trying to figure things out.

@shuke

My wife is having her second knee replaced in March. The rehab seems like it suxor but it's worth it. Her last one was a few years ago and it sucked for me as much as it sucked for her. 

I had both my knees cleaned up in august, was limping on then the next day and walking normal on them a few days later. Small rehab for 4 weeks and then started golfing again and haven’t stopped since. It’s why I can barely walk  most days and am looking to get both replaced sooner rather than later. Doing both knees the same day was not bad at all. 
From all of your instagram photos I feel as if you live on the golf course and never work.

:lmao:

I've mentioned that Floppinho does music (mostly drums) and has done School of Rock shows over the years. His old spot was on the Upper East Side and had a lot of kids in a huge range of abilities, from newbs to a bunch of teenagers that were really good. He's 13 now, and due to Covid played this class at the only place available this year, in Brooklyn.

He's had a blast- there are way less kids, he's the only drummer (instead of 1 of 4) so is on every song, and the other kids are all around his age and a bit less geeky than the music nerds at his usual spot.

The show was tonight, live streamed. First time we've seen or heard any of these kids. Woof. Painful. Outside of floppinho, who did all he could on vocals or drumming...but I'm at a point where I just want him to play with people who are good. Even 9yo floppinha was cringing watching this.

Dunno why I'm posting this...feels like a safe place 

I've mentioned that Floppinho does music (mostly drums) and has done School of Rock shows over the years. His old spot was on the Upper East Side and had a lot of kids in a huge range of abilities, from newbs to a bunch of teenagers that were really good. He's 13 now, and due to Covid played this class at the only place available this year, in Brooklyn.

He's had a blast- there are way less kids, he's the only drummer (instead of 1 of 4) so is on every song, and the other kids are all around his age and a bit less geeky than the music nerds at his usual spot.

The show was tonight, live streamed. First time we've seen or heard any of these kids. Woof. Painful. Outside of floppinho, who did all he could on vocals or drumming...but I'm at a point where I just want him to play with people who are good. Even 9yo floppinha was cringing watching this.

Dunno why I'm posting this...feels like a safe place 
Can't relate to the stardom, nor big-city stuff of your kids.  But definitely can relate to the urge to encourage our son to choose what's BEST for him vs. what he enjoys more.  Tough balance.  Good luck brochacho.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once in a great while we are privileged to experience a TV event so extraordinary it becomes part of our shared heritage.  1969, man walks on the moon.  1971, man walks on the moon… again.  Then for a long time nothing happened, until tonight.  Super bowl night and there are squares at stake for many.

there's got to be a logic flaw in that
All of them were different for "home/away" vs "away/home". Which seems odd for a game that has always been at a neutral site with only a nominal "home team".

Skimming the article a bit more, I think maybe they're analyzing historical game results; not sure if they just looked at SB games or more general.  

All of them were different for "home/away" vs "away/home". Which seems odd for a game that has always been at a neutral site with only a nominal "home team".

Skimming the article a bit more, I think maybe they're analyzing historical game results; not sure if they just looked at SB games or more general.  
Agreed, that seems strange.  It also could be an artifact of the limited sample size of superbowl games.  Even if the probability distributions are the same for home vs. away a small sample will skew the estimated outcomes.  Gotta wait 250 more years for it to even out. 

Can't relate to the stardom, nor big-city stuff of your kids.  But definitely can relate to the urge to encourage our son to choose what's BEST for him vs. what he enjoys more.  Tough balance.  Good luck brochacho.
I don't even know what I was looking for in posting that, but I think you succinctly hit the nail on head for me. Thanks for that, gb.

And the reality is that he genuinely enjoys performing at a high level...covid has just limited what's available to him in terms of opportunities.

Users who are viewing this thread