What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

Power went out Tuesday at 2:30. It was a long, cold night in Casa Kev. At a friend's house tonight.

Hopefully with benefits?
My GB's wife is in chiro school in Dallas, so he's plenty horny, but not my type.

Came back home, still a cave with no ETA for civilization. Our city-owned electrical utility leaves a great deal to be desired.

Correction: the power went out Wednesday. Still 123K customers in the dark, or maybe a quarter-million people.

Power went out Tuesday at 2:30. It was a long, cold night in Casa Kev. At a friend's house tonight.

Hopefully with benefits?
My GB's wife is in chiro school in Dallas, so he's plenty horny, but not my type.

Came back home, still a cave with no ETA for civilization. Our city-owned electrical utility leaves a great deal to be desired.

Correction: the power went out Wednesday. Still 123K customers in the dark, or maybe a quarter-million people.
open a tap to let the water drip just a little

save you from frozen pipes if this nonsense goes on much longer

Hopefully with benefits?

There was a little glaze on the roads at 7, probably gone now. It's 33 degrees outside. Cut some limbs off these destroyed trees and get the power back on, you mopes.

There was a little glaze on the roads at 7, probably gone now. It's 33 degrees outside. Cut some limbs off these destroyed trees and get the power back on, you mopes.
I think you guys have had a colder winter so far than we have had here in the Appalachians. We had the 3rd warmest January on record (though today is colder than Halle Berry's response to my marriage proposal). Ice ain't no joke and will mess stuff up.

It's gotten a little warmer since I got back, in the sense that I don't need to keep my hands in my pockets anymore. And don't feel too sorry for me, the forecast for Sunday is straight out of the tourism board.

Hopefully with benefits?

Dude, it's not that cold there.

Update: 72 hours without power, though it came up for couple of minutes before a loud bang recently. Now warmer outside than in my house. The bar has power and the Longhorn game, I'll check back on these galaxy brains later.

Update: 72 hours without power, though it came up for couple of minutes before a loud bang recently. Now warmer outside than in my house. The bar has power and the Longhorn game, I'll check back on these galaxy brains later.
Sounds like a transformer blew. Should not take more than a few hours to replace unless they don’t have the men to get to it

Sounds like a transformer blew. Should not take more than a few hours to replace unless they don’t have the men to get to it
According to the city's outage map, my ZIP code has the most issues in Austin. No doubt the resources are out there.

According to the city's outage map, my ZIP code has the most issues in Austin. No doubt the resources are out there.
It’s not possible. Your Governor said everything’s fine :lol:

He doesn't live in the Governor's Mansion, and is not on Austin Energy.

Came back up about an hour ago. :bowtie:

Hopefully with benefits?

Dude, it's not that cold there.
i'm not familiar with global weather conditions

news is slow to reach these parts

He doesn't live in the Governor's Mansion, and is not on Austin Energy.

Came back up about an hour ago. :bowtie:
If this should happen again, you’re always welcome at Fort Sensible (aka my house) gb

I have rage when dealing with first level customer support. I get these guys are reading a script. But my whole service went out at my house for like an hour Friday. No biggie first time in a very long time. Saturday internet goes down again, I call but it takes 30 minutes just to get a hold of someone because of their moronic online/digital chat help. Finally get a hold of a person and they are obviously a moron. Well let me walk through some trouble shooting..... Sir we can't connect to your system..... No **** mother ****er that's what I ****ing told you from the beginning. 6 hours later it's working. This morning goes down again and I have to call and do the 30 minute dance. Sir we can't reach your system......oh my ****ing god I will kill you..... Maybe we should replace your modem. My tvs don't work either asshat they aren't connected to the modem

I have rage when dealing with first level customer support. I get these guys are reading a script. But my whole service went out at my house for like an hour Friday. No biggie first time in a very long time. Saturday internet goes down again, I call but it takes 30 minutes just to get a hold of someone because of their moronic online/digital chat help. Finally get a hold of a person and they are obviously a moron. Well let me walk through some trouble shooting..... Sir we can't connect to your system..... No **** mother ****er that's what I ****ing told you from the beginning. 6 hours later it's working. This morning goes down again and I have to call and do the 30 minute dance. Sir we can't reach your system......oh my ****ing god I will kill you..... Maybe we should replace your modem. My tvs don't work either asshat they aren't connected to the modem
Xfinity?

Xfinity?
Absolutely has to be. I dumped them after a year. Worst service ever.

Xfinity?
I have had them here for 20 years and outside direct TV have no other options unless I want to go back to DSL. That being said have had very little problems but if I do my god calling them is the absolute worst customer service in the world. Probably first time I've called in 5 years

I just rage when I know more than the person on the other end of tech support

Xfinity?
I have had them here for 20 years and outside direct TV have no other options unless I want to go back to DSL. That being said have had very little problems but if I do my god calling them is the absolute worst customer service in the world. Probably first time I've called in 5 years

I'm in the same boat, we have Xfinity and at&t, at&t can't give me more than 50MB, which is awful. I use the app, it makes it so much easier. And if I need anything I go into the local store, which is a million times better than calling anyone.

Xfinity?

I'm in the same boat, we have Xfinity and at&t, at&t can't give me more than 50MB, which is awful. I use the app, it makes it so much easier. And if I need anything I go into the local store, which is a million times better than calling anyone.
I wasn't driving to the store to tell them my service is down. ;). I started with the app but they kept texting, is it working? No, now? No ok a technician will call you. Mr belljr what seems to be the issue.........raaaaaaaaaage

Xfinity app is good for telling you I’d it’s a local outage at least
You would think so except when you log in and they say there is no service problems in your area. Then the next day you get a call that your service appointment is scheduled so we are checking and notice your system is up and that your area was having issues for the past couple days........ raaaaaaaaaage

Xfinity app is good for telling you I’d it’s a local outage at least
You would think so except when you log in and they say there is no service problems in your area. Then the next day you get a call that your service appointment is scheduled so we are checking and notice your system is up and that your area was having issues for the past couple days........ raaaaaaaaaage
Yeah, I was super frustrated last weekend when my internet seemed to go out and everything on their end kept saying there were no outages despite the fact that my modem and router were both working just fine.

I rarely have issues, but when I do, they are 100% incompetent in fixing them.

Five minutes in, and I kinda of like this Bad Bunny kid. But thinking overall the Grammy Awards will not be for this 48 year old white dude.

These Lume commercials bother me more than they should. First, this lady looks she smells bad, and that's why she developed the product. Also her whole stink rating scale makes me think that she goes around sniffing people.
Is this the butt crack deodorant? Get a bidet yo!

These Lume commercials bother me more than they should. First, this lady looks she smells bad, and that's why she developed the product. Also her whole stink rating scale makes me think that she goes around sniffing people.
Pie hole?

Me: Wow. How'd you slice up all that bread without getting crumbs everywhere?
Wife: I didn't. I cleaned. up. after. myself. *the look*
Me: I'll just see myself out.
[flexseal guy]
THAT'S A LOT OF DAMAGE
[/flexseal guy]

@cosjobs
wat

Didn’t you used to run squares or am
I misremembering?
:lmao: guessing the quoted posts are what's throwing him

Sorry for the hipple.

Xfinity service is indeed horrible but it isn't just them, it is everyone who needs to go by the script. A month ago our DVR stopped recording, anything I tried would get the "recording conflict" error even though nothing was set. Called Xfinity and it was an hour long call with an Indian I could barely understand. "OK, first we need to do this..." Nope not working "OK how about now"...... after an hour later he did some reset that would take another hour. I get a text asking if it was working, say no and an American called, looked into things and found that there was already a ticket for our area with several people with the same issue. Later that day it was fixed.

Had a door to door Verizon person come around asking if we wanted a free 30 day trial of their new 5G home internet, was told it would give like 200m download since they just put in a new antenna a few blocks away, would only be $50 a month, no contract..... FIgured it was worth it since the first month was free. Did a quick signup on the Ipad they had, noticed they had the address of my neighbor so I fixed that. Next day get an email that my router had been shipped, only it showed the neighbors address, let them know in case they got it. It showed up at our door, hooked it up and we were only getting like 45m download. Tried several devices, different spots in the house, nothing was better. After 5 days I get a bill for $80. After 10 days I brought it to a verizon store to return it. They couldn't accept it since they were a retail store and not an actual Verizon store, but it sounded like the guy had others with this issue "Was this a door to door person? Yeah the higher speed is this higher price plan....". They called up customer service and it sounded like the account was cancelled and they would email me a return address label. I get the email but can't log in to my account since it was never setup, and now since it was kind of cancelled it doesn't recognize me. I call customer service and explain to the guy for 30 minutes that I should not get getting charged for what was a free trial, and I want to return the thing. 3 people later they say they will snail mail me a label. Nothing shows up except more bills, eventually I was up to $240 and threatened to go to collections. Called back and went through the whole thing again (you would think when they say they are adding notes to my account they would actually help). Again was transferred from billing to accounts and then to the home internet department. Finally got an American who knew what to do and wasn't just reading a script. Had to get connected with another billing or accounts person, they needed to re-establish my account so they could close it correctly and since I was in default it wouldn't re-connect on its own. Was told it was all fixed, a week later I got a bill for $5, since then nothing so I am hoping it finally got cleared up.

Earlier this week my wife texted me while I was at work telling me that there was a “dark” spot on our 4 year old tv. Got home and sure enough. Did some Googling and the most likely culprit was that the display was dying, but resetting everything reportedly helped solve the issue for some people.

So I reset everything to factory default and then re-did all my setting and *Presto* the dark spot was gone.

Came downstairs this morning on the way out the door to take my daughter to basketball and she mentioned that I’d have to fix the tv again because it wasn’t showing anything. I figured she just screwed something up and it would be another easy fix. Got back this afternoon, turn it on, it flashed the logo screen and then….nothing. No matter what I did, couldn’t get a picture. No inputs, no menu, nothing.

Great timing with the Super Bowl being tomorrow. I’m sure my huge Eagles fan daughter won’t mind.

Soooo, guess who’s picking up a brand new OLED tv today?!

Earlier this week my wife texted me while I was at work telling me that there was a “dark” spot on our 4 year old tv. Got home and sure enough. Did some Googling and the most likely culprit was that the display was dying, but resetting everything reportedly helped solve the issue for some people.

So I reset everything to factory default and then re-did all my setting and *Presto* the dark spot was gone.

Came downstairs this morning on the way out the door to take my daughter to basketball and she mentioned that I’d have to fix the tv again because it wasn’t showing anything. I figured she just screwed something up and it would be another easy fix. Got back this afternoon, turn it on, it flashed the logo screen and then….nothing. No matter what I did, couldn’t get a picture. No inputs, no menu, nothing.

Great timing with the Super Bowl being tomorrow. I’m sure my huge Eagles fan daughter won’t mind.

Actually should be able to find some sales

Actually should be able to find some sales
I got a decent deal on a very nice 55” LG C2 OLED. My guess is they’ll be even cheaper in a couple of weeks when the new models get released, but it is what it is.

Thought about a 65” TCL 6 series which would have been $300 cheaper and a larger tv with a very good but not great image quality, but I would have had to drive to my office to borrow a truck, drive 40 miles to the store, take it home, and then taken the truck back. Apparently I’m finally at a place in life financially where my time and convenience are starting to vastly outweigh a few hundred bucks.

Apparently I’m an idiot for thinking that selecting curbside pickup would mean that I could pull up and get my stuff loaded fairly quickly. Been sitting here for over 30 minutes waiting now.

The process sucked and I hate spending money, but the picture on the LG OLED really is incredible. Downside is that I may be stuck buying expensive TVs going forward because I’m not sure I can go back.
Thank goodness my eyes & ears are wrecked. I can't see the difference between the OLEDs & the TCLs. I also can't distinguish high-end audio any longer.

The process sucked and I hate spending money, but the picture on the LG OLED really is incredible. Downside is that I may be stuck buying expensive TVs going forward because I’m not sure I can go back.
Thank goodness my eyes & ears are wrecked. I can't see the difference between the OLEDs & the TCLs. I also can't distinguish high-end audio any longer.
Ditto. Expensive audio and video equipment is wasted on me, so I don't buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread