What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (3 Viewers)

I just found a leftover colored golf ball from a recent mini-golf outing. Walking on the course with real putter + leftover ball w/o paying and playing a round...poor form?
better move is next time your playing real golf, when you get to the green....pull out the color ball to putt

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been playing the "are they really serious?" game by having conversations at work which assume I won't be living here in six months. There's still a part of me expecting Lucy to pull the ball away at the last minute, but every such test has been passed so far.

As the chores which I've put off for months start getting crossed off as done, we'll get a better idea as people start to realize I'm serious. I've been threatening to move anyway not knowing how I'd be employed, but most of that involved selling my house. Well, I spent the afternoon starting towards that end after just talking about it all summer. I have a feeling there's going to be a balk or two down the road. There's a good chance the "ok" was given because I've been all talk, but no action about moving out of town to this point. I moved some bushes which should have been moved last fall and tomorrow, some trees are coming down which died last Spring. I think I'm going to start tackling the basement on Sunday although I'd rather cut off a pinky toe with a spoon.

To those who responded: thanks. Stu, you're welcome to visit anytime as long as you bring guests.

SLB, if you were talking to me this morning... really wasn't sure if I brought weight loss up here. I managed to waddle-jog my way around 2.6 miles the other day with a slight walk-break in between. I'm not dropping weight quickly, but it's coming off. Once I get my miles per week where I want (12-15 & more), I expect pounds to fall off more easily. I was supposed to go running today, but apparently digging up/moving bushes is hard work. I spent all afternoon pondering how I often see fat illegal immigrants piling out of landscaping trucks. I expect to be lost in the same train of thought tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll try to hit that elusive 3 mile barrier on Sunday.

I've been playing the "are they really serious?" game by having conversations at work which assume I won't be living here in six months. There's still a part of me expecting Lucy to pull the ball away at the last minute, but every such test has been passed so far.As the chores which I've put off for months start getting crossed off as done, we'll get a better idea as people start to realize I'm serious. I've been threatening to move anyway not knowing how I'd be employed, but most of that involved selling my house. Well, I spent the afternoon starting towards that end after just talking about it all summer. I have a feeling there's going to be a balk or two down the road. There's a good chance the "ok" was given because I've been all talk, but no action about moving out of town to this point. I moved some bushes which should have been moved last fall and tomorrow, some trees are coming down which died last Spring. I think I'm going to start tackling the basement on Sunday although I'd rather cut off a pinky toe with a spoon. To those who responded: thanks. Stu, you're welcome to visit anytime as long as you bring guests.SLB, if you were talking to me this morning... really wasn't sure if I brought weight loss up here. I managed to waddle-jog my way around 2.6 miles the other day with a slight walk-break in between. I'm not dropping weight quickly, but it's coming off. Once I get my miles per week where I want (12-15 & more), I expect pounds to fall off more easily. I was supposed to go running today, but apparently digging up/moving bushes is hard work. I spent all afternoon pondering how I often see fat illegal immigrants piling out of landscaping trucks. I expect to be lost in the same train of thought tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll try to hit that elusive 3 mile barrier on Sunday.
At least you didn't lie like GM and claim you ran 6 miles while intoxicated.Why would you be moving? I guess I missed this.

Why would you be moving? I guess I missed this.
I've wanted to anyway. Business hasn't been as good as it was previously. Housing prices here are still good enough I could get enough in equity to move where I'm wanting to move without having much of a mortgage payment. One 3BR/2BA garden home I was looking at would equate to a loan for me which is less than what you'd have on a new Camry. I'd also be living 2 blocks away from the boat ramp on the Intercoastal waterway... basically living on the beach and near one of my closest friends.Apparently now I have the option of doing just that without having to worry about my job future. In fact, I'd be allowed more freedom in the same job.There also are signs our business will be picking up. Even at the rate we were going 5 years ago, I could still do 90% of that job from 3 1/2 hours away just as, if not more efficiently.

I've been playing the "are they really serious?" game by having conversations at work which assume I won't be living here in six months. There's still a part of me expecting Lucy to pull the ball away at the last minute, but every such test has been passed so far.As the chores which I've put off for months start getting crossed off as done, we'll get a better idea as people start to realize I'm serious. I've been threatening to move anyway not knowing how I'd be employed, but most of that involved selling my house. Well, I spent the afternoon starting towards that end after just talking about it all summer. I have a feeling there's going to be a balk or two down the road. There's a good chance the "ok" was given because I've been all talk, but no action about moving out of town to this point. I moved some bushes which should have been moved last fall and tomorrow, some trees are coming down which died last Spring. I think I'm going to start tackling the basement on Sunday although I'd rather cut off a pinky toe with a spoon. To those who responded: thanks. Stu, you're welcome to visit anytime as long as you bring guests.SLB, if you were talking to me this morning... really wasn't sure if I brought weight loss up here. I managed to waddle-jog my way around 2.6 miles the other day with a slight walk-break in between. I'm not dropping weight quickly, but it's coming off. Once I get my miles per week where I want (12-15 & more), I expect pounds to fall off more easily. I was supposed to go running today, but apparently digging up/moving bushes is hard work. I spent all afternoon pondering how I often see fat illegal immigrants piling out of landscaping trucks. I expect to be lost in the same train of thought tomorrow morning. Maybe I'll try to hit that elusive 3 mile barrier on Sunday.
At least you didn't lie like GM and claim you ran 6 miles while intoxicated.Why would you be moving? I guess I missed this.
:boxing:

Insulated our attic yesterday, I think we went from about an R-8 (it was really sad up there, and the entire attic had been neglected forever. Awful ventilation which led to mold, crazy electrical wiring, etc.) to an R-35 or so.

Amazing difference. Left the heat off last night and the house only got down to 66, when it was 50-ish outside. Stayed at 69 during the day when the temp. got up to 75 or so. If it means I'm old and boring that I think this is awesome, so be it. The best part is that we got a quote from a company to do the whole thing (ventilation, electrical, insulation install) for $5K. We put in 8 canister lights in the kitchen and living room (which wasn't in the initial estimate), got the wiring copacetic, had vents punched in the roof, and insulated the attic for about $1500. :shock:

At least I got to share with my 14 y.o. son today the very rare occasion where a football Hail Mary works (even if it was defense-assisted),

I want to change my avatar. I feel like Ole Stewie has run his course.

Any suggestions? Please, Bob(s), let's keep it clean.

Remember the story about my cop buddy and the suitcases full of money?

I hope he is watching his back.
Link?
page 180

We made a cop friend at the bar a few years back that I was always kind of suspicious of but I've come to conclude he's a solid guy. It always made me uncomfortable that he would be sitting at our table while people would be walking up to my GB placing bets.

Anyhow, there was a big bank robbery here a few months back and the thieves got away with around 3 million. He got a tip on a guy and pulled his car over. In the trunk was a suitcase with a little over 2 million dollars in $100 bills. He said that was packed so tight that when he opened it, the suitcase "exploded" with $100 bills. This was two days after the robbery and the moron still had the gun and ski mask in the car. This story is pending because there are 4 other accomplices they are after and this cat ain't talking.

To answer your question, there were two Feds with him.

Remember the story about my cop buddy and the suitcases full of money?

I hope he is watching his back.
Link?
page 180

We made a cop friend at the bar a few years back that I was always kind of suspicious of but I've come to conclude he's a solid guy. It always made me uncomfortable that he would be sitting at our table while people would be walking up to my GB placing bets.

Anyhow, there was a big bank robbery here a few months back and the thieves got away with around 3 million. He got a tip on a guy and pulled his car over. In the trunk was a suitcase with a little over 2 million dollars in $100 bills. He said that was packed so tight that when he opened it, the suitcase "exploded" with $100 bills. This was two days after the robbery and the moron still had the gun and ski mask in the car. This story is pending because there are 4 other accomplices they are after and this cat ain't talking.

To answer your question, there were two Feds with him.
Holy crap, thanks GB.

Insulated our attic yesterday, I think we went from about an R-8 (it was really sad up there, and the entire attic had been neglected forever. Awful ventilation which led to mold, crazy electrical wiring, etc.) to an R-35 or so.Amazing difference. Left the heat off last night and the house only got down to 66, when it was 50-ish outside. Stayed at 69 during the day when the temp. got up to 75 or so. If it means I'm old and boring that I think this is awesome, so be it. The best part is that we got a quote from a company to do the whole thing (ventilation, electrical, insulation install) for $5K. We put in 8 canister lights in the kitchen and living room (which wasn't in the initial estimate), got the wiring copacetic, had vents punched in the roof, and insulated the attic for about $1500. :goodposting:
:thumbup:Amazing you're feeling the difference right away. Gotta assume you'll be seeing the difference in your electric bills too.

Insulated our attic yesterday, I think we went from about an R-8 (it was really sad up there, and the entire attic had been neglected forever. Awful ventilation which led to mold, crazy electrical wiring, etc.) to an R-35 or so.Amazing difference. Left the heat off last night and the house only got down to 66, when it was 50-ish outside. Stayed at 69 during the day when the temp. got up to 75 or so. If it means I'm old and boring that I think this is awesome, so be it. The best part is that we got a quote from a company to do the whole thing (ventilation, electrical, insulation install) for $5K. We put in 8 canister lights in the kitchen and living room (which wasn't in the initial estimate), got the wiring copacetic, had vents punched in the roof, and insulated the attic for about $1500. :hot:
:lmao:Amazing you're feeling the difference right away. Gotta assume you'll be seeing the difference in your electric bills too.
Oh yeah. This #### will easily pay for itself this winter.

That's the best name you could come up with?
:shrug: I guess. League has been together since '98. Everyone has kept their original names. None are particularly creative.And yes, Moss ended up with the winning points in the 4th. That slacker Vick only had 0.4 fourth quarter points.
Vick put me over 200 points (PPR) for the second straight week. It's going to be HILARIOUS when this team poops the bed in the playoffs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread