What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (4 Viewers)

So my best friend moved to London from Chicago 13 years ago. During that time, I've visited her in London and other UK parts several times, and we've met in various spots (Geneva, Florence, etc.) when I was going to be in the area. But during that time she has never come back to the US to visit me...until now. And when I say "now", I mean that she just went to bed after arriving earlier this evening, the day before I thought she was getting here. With full "I must have missed you at the airport" call and "WTF are you talking about, aren't you coming in tomorrow?" beauty.

JFC. :worstfriendever:
That's exactly the post I was looking for when I opened this thread.
:blackdot: For god's sake, this just might be the worst thing I've ever done.

ETA: And to top it off, I have no idea what Four Loko is.
Well you'd better hurry up before the FDA shuts it down.
Oh, is this one of those alcoholy caffeiney things? I don't get that anyway.
Here's the deal. You get the impaired judgment greatness of alcohol without the sleepiness due to the caffeine. Thus the "blackout in a can" description.

That's exactly the post I was looking for when I opened this thread.
:blackdot:For god's sake, this just might be the worst thing I've ever done.ETA: And to top it off, I have no idea what Four Loko is.
Well you'd better hurry up before the FDA shuts it down.
Oh, is this one of those alcoholy caffeiney things? I don't get that anyway.
Here's the deal. You get the impaired judgment greatness of alcohol without the sleepiness due to the caffeine. Thus the "blackout in a can" description.
:lol:Why would we ban this??? :lmao:

I have a 7:30 am meeting and then a day filled with a visit from an outside group poking around our school, looking at lesson plans, observing and the like. If I could choose to be sick and call in, today would be the day.

Why are the holiday's so damn difficult.

Before we had kids my wife and I would try to go to both families on Thanksgiving. Dinner at one, pie at the other. 4 years ago her sister starting hosting for their family and dinner would never be on time, it would be 1-3 hours later than she said it would due to people showing up late, the turkey not being done... When that started to happen, and we had our daughter we decided we would just do one family and switch each year. We would also switch the family we spend Christmas with to alternate, so we would spend a holiday with each family. Last year we went to her sisters for thanksgiving, guess which house my wife wants to go to this year, after we told my Aunt we would go to her's??

She is upset that we are going to see my parents twice and not see her family (keep in mind her sister and kids were over 2 weeks ago). When I was in college my mom starting have a "second" thansgiving dinner for just myself, sister, and brother since we could not always get back for the big family get together. She has kept doing this, just the immediate family. My Aunt has the entire family over. We would only be seeing my cousins, aunts and uncles once, and we don't get together with them very often since they are out of towners.

I have tried to explain to my wife that we both agreed when we had kids we would stop going to both families, and that last year we went to her side. She magically does not remember this and wants to go to her sisters so they can see our 6 week old (they have all come over to the house to see her since she was born) yet none of my extended family has seen her, and this would be their only chance.

:goodposting: :wall:

Why are the holiday's so damn difficult. Before we had kids my wife and I would try to go to both families on Thanksgiving. Dinner at one, pie at the other. 4 years ago her sister starting hosting for their family and dinner would never be on time, it would be 1-3 hours later than she said it would due to people showing up late, the turkey not being done... When that started to happen, and we had our daughter we decided we would just do one family and switch each year. We would also switch the family we spend Christmas with to alternate, so we would spend a holiday with each family. Last year we went to her sisters for thanksgiving, guess which house my wife wants to go to this year, after we told my Aunt we would go to her's??She is upset that we are going to see my parents twice and not see her family (keep in mind her sister and kids were over 2 weeks ago). When I was in college my mom starting have a "second" thansgiving dinner for just myself, sister, and brother since we could not always get back for the big family get together. She has kept doing this, just the immediate family. My Aunt has the entire family over. We would only be seeing my cousins, aunts and uncles once, and we don't get together with them very often since they are out of towners.I have tried to explain to my wife that we both agreed when we had kids we would stop going to both families, and that last year we went to her side. She magically does not remember this and wants to go to her sisters so they can see our 6 week old (they have all come over to the house to see her since she was born) yet none of my extended family has seen her, and this would be their only chance. :lol: :wall:
Why can't she go to hers and you go to yours?

Why are the holiday's so damn difficult. Before we had kids my wife and I would try to go to both families on Thanksgiving. Dinner at one, pie at the other. 4 years ago her sister starting hosting for their family and dinner would never be on time, it would be 1-3 hours later than she said it would due to people showing up late, the turkey not being done... When that started to happen, and we had our daughter we decided we would just do one family and switch each year. We would also switch the family we spend Christmas with to alternate, so we would spend a holiday with each family. Last year we went to her sisters for thanksgiving, guess which house my wife wants to go to this year, after we told my Aunt we would go to her's??She is upset that we are going to see my parents twice and not see her family (keep in mind her sister and kids were over 2 weeks ago). When I was in college my mom starting have a "second" thansgiving dinner for just myself, sister, and brother since we could not always get back for the big family get together. She has kept doing this, just the immediate family. My Aunt has the entire family over. We would only be seeing my cousins, aunts and uncles once, and we don't get together with them very often since they are out of towners.I have tried to explain to my wife that we both agreed when we had kids we would stop going to both families, and that last year we went to her side. She magically does not remember this and wants to go to her sisters so they can see our 6 week old (they have all come over to the house to see her since she was born) yet none of my extended family has seen her, and this would be their only chance. :wall: :wall:
Both sides want to see the new kid. her family lives within 30 minutes and can come visit us whenever they want, my family will be in town from Michigan and Vermont. I think the plan will be to do dinner at my family and then my wife and new kid will go to her family for desert while I take our older daughter home to go to sleep. Of course this is making her sister mad that she won't be able to see our 3 year old because she assumed we would go there and told her kids that we would be there.And this is her "normal" sister. Her oldest sister will show up 2 hours late with some BS excuse and drama draggin her 2 kids that act 8 years younger than they are, her mom will be a pain in everyones ### if she even shows up at all. Really makes me want to drink when we go to her family.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why are the holiday's so damn difficult. Before we had kids my wife and I would try to go to both families on Thanksgiving. Dinner at one, pie at the other. 4 years ago her sister starting hosting for their family and dinner would never be on time, it would be 1-3 hours later than she said it would due to people showing up late, the turkey not being done... When that started to happen, and we had our daughter we decided we would just do one family and switch each year. We would also switch the family we spend Christmas with to alternate, so we would spend a holiday with each family. Last year we went to her sisters for thanksgiving, guess which house my wife wants to go to this year, after we told my Aunt we would go to her's??She is upset that we are going to see my parents twice and not see her family (keep in mind her sister and kids were over 2 weeks ago). When I was in college my mom starting have a "second" thansgiving dinner for just myself, sister, and brother since we could not always get back for the big family get together. She has kept doing this, just the immediate family. My Aunt has the entire family over. We would only be seeing my cousins, aunts and uncles once, and we don't get together with them very often since they are out of towners.I have tried to explain to my wife that we both agreed when we had kids we would stop going to both families, and that last year we went to her side. She magically does not remember this and wants to go to her sisters so they can see our 6 week old (they have all come over to the house to see her since she was born) yet none of my extended family has seen her, and this would be their only chance. :wall: :wall:
There's only one baby. But seriously, my parents started doing this when I was about 8, each going to their own family's dinner and alternating instead where they would later meet up. One year they both go to their own parents house and later mom comes to dads parents. The next year dad comes to moms parents. I decided I'd be staying home for Xmas and hosting our own dinner. My parents always come since we're they're only immdeiate family and hubbys parents come either before or after dinner. They have had dinner at my BiLs for the last 4 years despite...or probably because...he has no kids. :rolleyes:

You really should start doing Thanksgiving at your house and inviting people over for dinner or dessert. You're a family of your own now, not just members of other families. You're the parents and they're the grandparents, and everyone involved knows that it's a pain to truck an infant around. Make more turkey than you're going to need and get more pie then enjoy any extra leftovers, have a great time hosting the thing, watch football in front of your own TV without anyone having the right to complain because it's your house, drink if you want to drink, snooze on your own couch, and let the rest of them deal with the driving and the politics and the who's going to have dinner and dessert where. It's totally worth it.

bostonfred said:
You really should start doing Thanksgiving at your house and inviting people over for dinner or dessert. You're a family of your own now, not just members of other families. You're the parents and they're the grandparents, and everyone involved knows that it's a pain to truck an infant around. Make more turkey than you're going to need and get more pie then enjoy any extra leftovers, have a great time hosting the thing, watch football in front of your own TV without anyone having the right to complain because it's your house, drink if you want to drink, snooze on your own couch, and let the rest of them deal with the driving and the politics and the who's going to have dinner and dessert where. It's totally worth it.
Jesus, fred. If you need a place to go watch football, go to a sports bar.

I start an awesome thread about Willow Palin and her filthy mouth, and of course it turns into a political piss-fest.

I really hate this place sometimes.

Latest 4 Loko updates from my area.PLEASE NOTE: THESE ONLY APPLY TO TEXAS. THERE IS NO NEED TO START A NATIONAL LOKO APOCALYPSE (yet).

I'm pasting text verbatim that a friend of mine received from her boss. She is a rep for a bud distributor in the area:'Discontinue all sales of four loko and krunk juice immediately'
I now know from a different distributor that TABC is involved separately now. Actual orders from TABC have not arrived yet, so I don't know everything exactly. However I'm being told that with TABC, it is possible or likely that there will be AN ORDER FOR ACTUAL PRODUCT DESTRUCTION TOMORROW, applying to distributors AND INDIVIDUAL RETAIL STORES.

Latest 4 Loko updates from my area.

PLEASE NOTE: THESE ONLY APPLY TO TEXAS. THERE IS NO NEED TO START A NATIONAL LOKO APOCALYPSE (yet).

I'm pasting text verbatim that a friend of mine received from her boss. She is a rep for a bud distributor in the area:

'Discontinue all sales of four loko and krunk juice immediately'
I now know from a different distributor that TABC is involved separately now. Actual orders from TABC have not arrived yet, so I don't know everything exactly. However I'm being told that with TABC, it is possible or likely that there will be AN ORDER FOR ACTUAL PRODUCT DESTRUCTION TOMORROW, applying to distributors AND INDIVIDUAL RETAIL STORES.
None of us are free until all of us are free.http://gothamist.com/2010/11/18/four_loko_...nion_square.php

PLEASE NOTE: THESE ONLY APPLY TO TEXAS. THERE IS NO NEED TO START A NATIONAL LOKO APOCALYPSE (yet).

I'm pasting text verbatim that a friend of mine received from her boss. She is a rep for a bud distributor in the area:

None of us are free until all of us are free.http://gothamist.com/2010/11/18/four_loko_...nion_square.php
:goodposting: No Justice, No Peace!!

:goodposting: No Justice, No Peace!!
I'm going to replace our Earthquake Safety Kit with a case of Four Loko.

MisfitBlondes said:
I picked up a hitchhiker today.
About 14 years ago, I was driving from Victoria BC to Duncan for work. As I was moving along, an amberlamps came up behind me, so I slowed down and pulled over on the side of the road. As I pulled over, I noticed I was slowing down right in front of a hitchhiker who looked dirty and disheveled. I guess he thought I was slowing down to pick him up, but as soon as the amberlamps passed me, I began to merge back into traffic and continue on my way, absent the hitchhiker. He spit a nasty loogie on my car. Can't say I blame him. It was a rental. Otherwise, I would have gotten out and pushed. Hard.How's my favorite people doing?

There are Hell's Kitchen auditions here in Memphis tomorrow. Mr. krista4 is rejecting my request that he try to get on the show for the purpose of calling Gordon Ramsey a "rapey dickmitten". :hot:
:angry: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I'd love to see somebody beat the snot out of that British jackass. I can't believe he's skated through life without getting shanked. I'd like to see him in a kitchen with The Imp.

dear guy who broke in to my dad's new store,

i'm pretty sure i know who you are and the next time i see you i am going to kick you dead in your ####ing forehead.

pray to allah that the police decide you were not involved before i catch up to you.

YIC,

mark
Store?Furley's Snow Shovel and Cheese-Shaped Headwear Emporium? Furley Sr's Secret
:fixed:Disco Stu: So you work at Furley Sr's Secret?

Mark Sr.: Yes (IMG:http://static.footballguys.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/rolleyes1.gif)

Disco Stu: I bet you get a lot of creepy men asking you to try stuff on.

Mark Sr.: Make love to me.

Last edited by a moderator:
I told the waitress at Schroeder's in San Francisco to 'surprise me' last night with my dinner order. She did. She served me Pig's Knuckle. That's not an order I'm ever going to duplicate. I'm pretty sure I just shat out my spleen.

Don't you hate it when a barber you like drops off the face of the earth? Happens to me once every couple of years. Now I get to play the haircut lottery somewhere.

Otherwise, I would have gotten out and pushed. Hard.
:unsure:
Yeah, that wasn't very clear. It was supposed to be homage to Homer of sorts...but it just reads wrong.Anyhow. I'm reading a book called "The Disappearing Spoon". I think you'd like it. Well, it would probably be child's play for you, but for a moron like me, I'm finding it educational.
I've never understood Homer's blurb either. I think that's what I'm asking: what does this mean?As to the book, I trust that Ruthenium gets a fair shake.

Don't you hate it when a barber you like drops off the face of the earth? Happens to me once every couple of years. Now I get to play the haircut lottery somewhere.
:goodposting: I've been like typhoid floppo with every person who's cut my hair for the last 4 years or so after seeing the same person for 10 years. One cut and done- they all "retire" (go to work somewhere else unknown to the anybody at their previuos place of employment) or have left the city when I schedule my next appointment. Or it's because I #### myself whenever I get my hair cut.

:shrug:
Yeah, that wasn't very clear. It was supposed to be homage to Homer of sorts...but it just reads wrong.Anyhow. I'm reading a book called "The Disappearing Spoon". I think you'd like it. Well, it would probably be child's play for you, but for a moron like me, I'm finding it educational.
I've never understood Homer's blurb either. I think that's what I'm asking: what does this mean?As to the book, I trust that Ruthenium gets a fair shake.
I haven't gotten that far. :bag: We presented at a conference yesterday entitled "Rare Earth & Minor Metal Investing". My boss called "Rare Earths" the "Lindsey Lohan of metals...getting far more attention than they deserve and the news is always the same".

:shrug: I've been like typhoid floppo with every person who's cut my hair for the last 4 years or so after seeing the same person for 10 years. One cut and done- they all "retire" (go to work somewhere else unknown to the anybody at their previuos place of employment) or have left the city when I schedule my next appointment. Or it's because I #### myself whenever I get my hair cut.
I go here. $25 for a cut, shampoo and scalp massage. Plus, I get to knock back 2 beers while I'm there AND control the TV with the remote. There's not much else in this world I love more than getting my hair cut.

:shrug:
I haven't gotten that far. :bag: We presented at a conference yesterday entitled "Rare Earth & Minor Metal Investing". My boss called "Rare Earths" the "Lindsey Lohan of metals...getting far more attention than they deserve and the news is always the same".
Which element is the Dena Lohan of metals?

So this is the new chat?tat> hi
:sadbanana: tat and jeep stormed out today because nobody wants to talk about Cam Newton ad nauseum
That whole thread is both fascinating and ridiculous. Everyone should know at this point that #### is going down and it's just a matter of when. You have Auburn fans saying, "nothing has been proved yet!!1!juan!!" and non-informed people spouting off and it's gotten painful to read. But the proverbial straw has been LHUCKS' recent appearance. Ugh.

So this is the new chat?

tat> hi
:sadbanana: tat and jeep stormed out today because nobody wants to talk about Cam Newton ad nauseum
That whole thread is both fascinating and ridiculous. Everyone should know at this point that #### is going down and it's just a matter of when. You have Auburn fans saying, "nothing has been proved yet!!1!juan!!" and non-informed people spouting off and it's gotten painful to read. But the proverbial straw has been LHUCKS' recent appearance. Ugh.
yeah that can certainly be a showstopper

:popcorn: I've been like typhoid floppo with every person who's cut my hair for the last 4 years or so after seeing the same person for 10 years. One cut and done- they all "retire" (go to work somewhere else unknown to the anybody at their previuos place of employment) or have left the city when I schedule my next appointment. Or it's because I #### myself whenever I get my hair cut.
I go here. $25 for a cut, shampoo and scalp massage. Plus, I get to knock back 2 beers while I'm there AND control the TV with the remote. There's not much else in this world I love more than getting my hair cut.
wow.That's a spa, but for men. Non-gay men. Video games too? :pleasesayyes:

the prices would 3-4x what I saw listed if it was in NYC.

:sadbanana: I've been like typhoid floppo with every person who's cut my hair for the last 4 years or so after seeing the same person for 10 years. One cut and done- they all "retire" (go to work somewhere else unknown to the anybody at their previuos place of employment) or have left the city when I schedule my next appointment. Or it's because I #### myself whenever I get my hair cut.

I don't think they have video games, but that's a fantastic idea I plan on stealing from you without giving you proper credit.

:thumbup: I've been like typhoid floppo with every person who's cut my hair for the last 4 years or so after seeing the same person for 10 years. One cut and done- they all "retire" (go to work somewhere else unknown to the anybody at their previuos place of employment) or have left the city when I schedule my next appointment. Or it's because I #### myself whenever I get my hair cut.

I don't think they have video games, but that's a fantastic idea I plan on stealing from you without giving you proper credit.
The place I used to go had video games. The one I go to now has beer, sports, and hot young chicks. Not nearly as swanky as your place, but my stylist is pretty nice.

Users who are viewing this thread