What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (5 Viewers)

Heading to Los Angeles for a long Independence Day weekend. Staying with the lady's cousin 2 nights in west hollywood and then 3 nights at the Shade Hotel in Manhattan Beach. Any restaurant recommendations at the beach? Good Mexican?
Found this. Sheesh, I knew someone asked but couldn't remember where. Ya know that's a reeeeellly bizzy weekend so expect to waaaaiiiit for a seat at a popular restaurant. I call the expensive coastal socal mexican food gentrified and the reasonably priced gringoized. BOTH can be outstanding and some of the best Mex you will ever eat, but if you're seeking what SoCal is really known for, to me it's the awesome hole-in-the-many-many-walls, seriously authentic mex with lengua and cabeza on the menus.

Good beach gringo-ized.

La Playita is possibly the best ocean view joint for casual keeping the price reasonable and atmosphere nice. It's a worthwhile 2 mile walk south on the Strand from your hotel. There's others around King Harbor in Redondo, but as I recall, the price goes way way up or the quality goes down a little or both. I'm no authority though.

More authentic.

Even better eats, but not quite as cool a walk and location is El Tarasco on Rosecrans is closer to the authentic hole in the wall grub, super good slow cooked chunked beef burritos. I usually do carnitas or carne asada, but not here. It's about a mile north of your hotel.

Gentrified SoCal foofoo.

There's aLa Sirena in El Segundo about three miles away. I haven't eaten there but it looks like the same ownership as Laguna Beach. Pretty friggin' awesome organic fancy Mexican food.
Thanks man!

I am addicted to Maui jim sunglasses. Up next, get them to put bifocal lenses in a pair. Not cheap at all. $$$ :nerd: :suckstogetold:
The amount of money I'm most ashamed of spending, maybe ever, is on the pair of maui jim sunglasses I purchased earlier this year. These ####ers better last the rest of my life.

I am addicted to Maui jim sunglasses. Up next, get them to put bifocal lenses in a pair. Not cheap at all. $$$ :nerd: :suckstogetold:
The amount of money I'm most ashamed of spending, maybe ever, is on the pair of maui jim sunglasses I purchased earlier this year. These ####ers better last the rest of my life.
Been a Nike sunglasses guy for 10 years now. They make a damn nice pair of wrap around shades. :thumbup:

what's the point of sunglasses again?
indoors or out?
let's go out for now and we'll talk in later
To see to drive? To stare at hotties at the pool without being too obvious?After sitting in a room with no windows for 10 hours, staring at a computer screen, I don't think I could drive home without them.
Yeah, the sun is really bright and stuff furley. That's like asking what's the point of shoes.

From the "Damn, I'm getting old" file"

Heather "Brooke" Harmon came out with her site over 11 years ago. I happen to be perusing some of my favorites from her last night and realized that 2000 was a long time ago. I first started watching her on 56K modem.

:banned:

After realizing that my mom still bathes my nearly 7 year old son when he stays over with them, she and I engaged in a lengthy text conversation in which I "strongly encouraged" her to leave him alone in the shower and let him clean himself. The conversation ended by her saying, "Well, I don't wash his privates anymore. But if you're insisting, I'll tell him he needs his privacy and stay out of the bathroom." Sweet fancy Moses.

Those of you in the Portland area, I took my wife to this deal last weekend: Original Practice Shakespeare. If you and your significant other are at all into that sort of thing, it's a pretty fun and cheap way to spend an afternoon or evening. No charge, donations accepted.

indoors or out?
To see to drive? To stare at hotties at the pool without being too obvious?After sitting in a room with no windows for 10 hours, staring at a computer screen, I don't think I could drive home without them.
Yeah, the sun is really bright and stuff furley. That's like asking what's the point of shoes.
not familiar with this "sun" you're talking about. i live in Wisconsin.. is it anything like snow?

Last night I mentioned I'm thinking about getting lasik. My gf said she's jealous but would rather get her boobs done. I'm 99% sure she wasn't fishing for compliments/reassurance as she went on to explain how she'd like them to sit higher. :unsure:

indoors or out?
not familiar with this "sun" you're talking about. i live in Wisconsin.. is it anything like snow?
The sun is that bright, round thing in the sky that makes the snow melt a few days a year.

Last night I mentioned I'm thinking about getting lasik. My gf said she's jealous but would rather get her boobs done. I'm 99% sure she wasn't fishing for compliments/reassurance as she went on to explain how she'd like them to sit higher. :unsure:
You know what they say about boob jobs...They're not for the guy she's with...they're for the guy she'll be with next

Pretty much down to a price on the house. I don't know. I'm really nervous (like I'm about to puke) about having two house payments. Looking at the pictures again, I'm still going to have to spend a good amount of dough furnishing the thing.

Thoughts?

Pretty much down to a price on the house. I don't know. I'm really nervous (like I'm about to puke) about having two house payments. Looking at the pictures again, I'm still going to have to spend a good amount of dough furnishing the thing.Thoughts?
Peas be with you.Seriously...good luck dude. Can't imagine have two house payments. Oh wait...yes I can, I'm still paying off my ex wife! oof

Pretty much down to a price on the house. I don't know. I'm really nervous (like I'm about to puke) about having two house payments. Looking at the pictures again, I'm still going to have to spend a good amount of dough furnishing the thing.Thoughts?
Worst case and you can't sell your current house at a price you're willing to take, how long can you carry two payments?

Hi Bob, my thought would be to NOT risk having two payments. Not in this housing market. I bet this isn't the last great house you can find. I would avoid two payments at all costs. FWIW, I briefly considered this about a year ago when we were considering moving and now that I look back on it, I can't believe I even considered for a second going with two payments.You can put a contingency offer in based upon your house selling. That really doesn't do anything other than give you the right of first refusal when they get a better offer. But I would strongly advise against two payments. Especially if you're the least bit nervous about it. Good luck.J

Pretty much down to a price on the house. I don't know. I'm really nervous (like I'm about to puke) about having two house payments. Looking at the pictures again, I'm still going to have to spend a good amount of dough furnishing the thing.

Thoughts?
Peas be with you.

Seriously...good luck dude.

Can't imagine have two house payments. Oh wait...yes I can, I'm still paying off my ex wife! oof
Thanks, I need it.

Thoughts?
Worst case and you can't sell your current house at a price you're willing to take, how long can you carry two payments?
I'm already trying to sell it at a price I'm not willing to take. That's what really freaks me out. I can carry two payments for quite a while.

Hi Bob, my thought would be to NOT risk having two payments. Not in this housing market. I bet this isn't the last great house you can find. I would avoid two payments at all costs. FWIW, I briefly considered this about a year ago when we were considering moving and now that I look back on it, I can't believe I even considered for a second going with two payments.You can put a contingency offer in based upon your house selling. That really doesn't do anything other than give you the right of first refusal when they get a better offer. But I would strongly advise against two payments. Especially if you're the least bit nervous about it. Good luck.J
I appreciate the advice Joe. My oldest has a bit of Autism (never realized how much that word covered) and he's already freaking out about having to go to a different school. The last thing I want to do to him is make him go to TWO new schools in hopefully a short period of time. I wouldn't even consider moving if I didn't have to contend with this but I'm trying to do the best for my son.

Been a Nike sunglasses guy for 10 years now. They make a damn nice pair of wrap around shades. :thumbup:
maui jim lenses are the best around. i have had the same pair for 8 years, never get people the lose, ruin sunglasses every 6 weeks. customer service is off the charts as well. break em, just send em in and they fix them.

Heading to Los Angeles for a long Independence Day weekend. Staying with the lady's cousin 2 nights in west hollywood and then 3 nights at the Shade Hotel in Manhattan Beach. Any restaurant recommendations at the beach? Good Mexican?
Found this. Sheesh, I knew someone asked but couldn't remember where. Ya know that's a reeeeellly bizzy weekend so expect to waaaaiiiit for a seat at a popular restaurant. I call the expensive coastal socal mexican food gentrified and the reasonably priced gringoized. BOTH can be outstanding and some of the best Mex you will ever eat, but if you're seeking what SoCal is really known for, to me it's the awesome hole-in-the-many-many-walls, seriously authentic mex with lengua and cabeza on the menus.

Good beach gringo-ized.

La Playita is possibly the best ocean view joint for casual keeping the price reasonable and atmosphere nice. It's a worthwhile 2 mile walk south on the Strand from your hotel. There's others around King Harbor in Redondo, but as I recall, the price goes way way up or the quality goes down a little or both. I'm no authority though.

More authentic.

Even better eats, but not quite as cool a walk and location is El Tarasco on Rosecrans is closer to the authentic hole in the wall grub, super good slow cooked chunked beef burritos. I usually do carnitas or carne asada, but not here. It's about a mile north of your hotel.

Gentrified SoCal foofoo.

There's aLa Sirena in El Segundo about three miles away. I haven't eaten there but it looks like the same ownership as Laguna Beach. Pretty friggin' awesome organic fancy Mexican food.
Thanks man!
Oh man, Leeroy, you're at Shade? Well done, you are going to love it down there. I actually went Saturday and it was packed with women, which is standard. 4th of July weekend is bonkers in the beach cities, I don't know where to start. P-mail me and I will give you a rundown when I have more time. But first, a little more on the Mex (good info from Chaos, btw, like always)...Pancho's: In El Porto, right by El Tarasco (above), this is pricey but a favorite and fixture of MB. Take the wife to this one, the decor is very nice and she will love the vibe there, classy joint. Go to El Tarasco after you're done drinking or whatever, late night style. It is more than a 1/2 mile, btw, cab it unless it's some lunch excursion. And if so, take the strand/beach route.

My favorite was always LA PENITA, which is just south of you, walking distance, on the boarder of Hermosa / Manhattan. Ha, I just read the Yelp for it, and if the two detractors don't offer glowing endorsements, I don't know who does. HERE. One says she had a "tummy ache later", haha, and then suggests the monster chain, CHIPOTLE, instead, lofl. The other prima donna posted this, which has me cracking up right now:

"Bad Service. Not Customer Service oriented. Food was pretty good but Bad Service won't get us back there-it may for you but I'm over lousy service. There are countless local places we plan to try.

We hadn't tried any "Local" Mexican fare since we moved to the area. Checked this place out on a Sunday night, the place says they are open till 9:30PM. We get there at 8:40PM and planned to just take-out.

The Older Cranky gray haired Mexican man who was vigorously sweeping as we walked in the tiny placed barely winced as we walked to the counter, he actually looked at us like we were annoying him. Great First Impression...That's why we asked - you are open till 9:30PM right? His answer was are you ordering Take-Out? in a barely discernible accent. As if- you cannot sit at these tables because I've already cleaned up for the night and want to leave even though we are still "Open" so take-out is all you are gettin. So we are already getting turned off and we hadn't even tried the food.

So we ordered a Chicken Taco and Asada Taco I asked for "No Onion" please on either of them. I asked again to be reassured he gets it and said so NO ONION on either of them -as I do anywhere since I HATE onions (I know harsh word). Then he proceeds to rapidly say "no, just cheese and lettuce. Anyhow, Cash Only he says and we wait feeling as if we are imposing on him. "

:lmao: :lmao: The above is spot on and half the reason I love the place. That guy is the owner and he is all-time. I have walked in there a thousand times and he has been there 999 of them. And I have never so much as got a smile, it's great! Funny, but I also order my #### without onions. I can never wait to hear him scream "NO ONION" to his son(s) directly behind him, as he scribbles on his pad.

Gotta love it, she admits the food is good, but expects the service of a Ritz Carlton, like they couldn't see where they walked into. Place is cheap too, btw. :thumbup: Oh and her and "hubby" took the food back (go to link to read rest of entertaining review), at closing time no less, lol. I would've paid to see that.

Anyway, we used to compare the guy to the soup nazi, obviously. But this guy's better. He was the Menudo Nazi before there ever was a soup nazi. If you call the place right now, he will answer, yelling, "LA PENITA!!!" :gang1: God I miss that place, now that I think about it. Oh, and his eyes are always bloodshot to hell, which is also great. :wub: I think it's safe to say it's authentic.

This seems like a pretty good price for Sports Illustrated, but I'm confused by the MOP math involved in determining the "BEST DEAL".

168 issues (3 years) for just 36¢ per issue <<BEST DEAL

(that's 3 years for just $60.00)

Savings of 92% off the cover price

112 issues (2 years) for just 36¢ per issue

(that's 2 years for just $40.00)

56 issues (1 year) for just 36¢ per issue

(that's 1 year for just $20.00)

My mother just learned how to send a text message. I'm thinking they might make for great reading for the rest of the world. She took my younger son to San Diego for the weekend and texted me probably 15 times. I haven't seen the Engrish language so mangled since I left Mississippi 15 years ago.
My mom just figure out texting about a year ago. I see it as a godsend, however.This is a typical phone call from my mom:

*ring*

Me: Hi, Mom.

Mom: OH, HI. I DIDN'T KNOW IF YOU WOULD PICK UP (the caps and bold are because she YELLS into the phone like Aunt Bee trying to get ahold of Sarah the Mayberry operator)

ME: Yeah, I'm here.

Mom: ARE YOU AWAKE?

Me: Yep...it's almost 11:30 (I'm not 16 anymore)

Mom: OH OK. LISTEN I NEED TO ASK YOU SOMETHING...ARE YOU STILL THERE?

Me: Yes

Mom: OK, LISTEN. I FOUND THIS COUPON I GOT IN THE MAIL LAST MONTH FROM XYZ CLOTHING STORE BUT I WON'T USE IT SINCE THAT TIME THE GIRL WAS RUDE TO ME...DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THAT?

Me: No (dammit! I should have said yes)

Mom: [insert 5 minute long story about how the girl at XYZ store was rude because my mom's credit card was declined because my mom gave her an expired card instead of a new one. apparently the girl should have known]

Me: Oh wow. That girl sure was rude.

Mom: TELL ME ABOUT IT. SO ANYWAY I GOT THIS COUPON AND IT'S GOOD FOR 5% OFF ANY PURCHASE OVER $100 AND I WAS WONERING IF (wife) COULD USE IT? IT EXPIRES TOMORROW SO SHE'D HAVE TO USE IT RIGHT AWAY.

Me: Jeez...she might but she's not getting back into town until tomorrow morning.

Mom: DO YOU THINK SHE MIGHT WANT TO GO WHEN SHE GETS BACK???

Me: Hmmm...it is a tempting offer...I'll text her and ask (no way I'm texting my wife about this. I don't think she's ever even set foot in that old lady clothing store) if she wants it I'll call you back. If you don't here from me just toss it.

Mom: OH OK. SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING TODAY?

etc

etc
Wow...that's, uh....a lot like every conversation I have with my mom.*ring* "Hey mom, what's up?"

Mom (also a phone yeller): "HELLO? FORREST? IT'S ME, MOM."

Me: "Yes, I know it's you, mom. That's why I said 'hey mom' when I picked up".

Mom: "Are you working?"

Me: "Well, yes. It is 10am on a weekday. It's a good bet I'm at work."

on and on and on....
:lmao: Yep. Although she does the calling at work thing to my wife a lot more. My wife works from home 80% of the time and she's constantly on the phone with someone. My mom thinks nothing of calling my wife's work cell right in the middle of the workday despite the fact that she's been told to call her personal cell and leave a message.

This seems like a pretty good price for Sports Illustrated, but I'm confused by the MOP math involved in determining the "BEST DEAL".

SI sucks

Good beach gringo-ized.

More authentic.

Gentrified SoCal foofoo.

Thanks man!
Oh man, Leeroy, you're at Shade? Well done, you are going to love it down there. I actually went Saturday and it was packed with women, which is standard. 4th of July weekend is bonkers in the beach cities, I don't know where to start. P-mail me and I will give you a rundown when I have more time. But first, a little more on the Mex (good info from Chaos, btw, like always)...Pancho's: In El Porto, right by El Tarasco (above), this is pricey but a favorite and fixture of MB. Take the wife to this one, the decor is very nice and she will love the vibe there, classy joint. Go to El Tarasco after you're done drinking or whatever, late night style. It is more than a 1/2 mile, btw, cab it unless it's some lunch excursion. And if so, take the strand/beach route.

My favorite was always LA PENITA, which is just south of you, walking distance, on the boarder of Hermosa / Manhattan. Ha, I just read the Yelp for it, and if the two detractors don't offer glowing endorsements, I don't know who does. HERE. One says she had a "tummy ache later", haha, and then suggests the monster chain, CHIPOTLE, instead, lofl. The other prima donna posted this, which has me cracking up right now:

"Bad Service. Not Customer Service oriented. Food was pretty good but Bad Service won't get us back there-it may for you but I'm over lousy service. There are countless local places we plan to try.

We hadn't tried any "Local" Mexican fare since we moved to the area. Checked this place out on a Sunday night, the place says they are open till 9:30PM. We get there at 8:40PM and planned to just take-out.

The Older Cranky gray haired Mexican man who was vigorously sweeping as we walked in the tiny placed barely winced as we walked to the counter, he actually looked at us like we were annoying him. Great First Impression...That's why we asked - you are open till 9:30PM right? His answer was are you ordering Take-Out? in a barely discernible accent. As if- you cannot sit at these tables because I've already cleaned up for the night and want to leave even though we are still "Open" so take-out is all you are gettin. So we are already getting turned off and we hadn't even tried the food.

So we ordered a Chicken Taco and Asada Taco I asked for "No Onion" please on either of them. I asked again to be reassured he gets it and said so NO ONION on either of them -as I do anywhere since I HATE onions (I know harsh word). Then he proceeds to rapidly say "no, just cheese and lettuce. Anyhow, Cash Only he says and we wait feeling as if we are imposing on him. "

:lmao: :lmao: The above is spot on and half the reason I love the place. That guy is the owner and he is all-time. I have walked in there a thousand times and he has been there 999 of them. And I have never so much as got a smile, it's great! Funny, but I also order my #### without onions. I can never wait to hear him scream "NO ONION" to his son(s) directly behind him, as he scribbles on his pad.

Gotta love it, she admits the food is good, but expects the service of a Ritz Carlton, like they couldn't see where they walked into. Place is cheap too, btw. :thumbup: Oh and her and "hubby" took the food back (go to link to read rest of entertaining review), at closing time no less, lol. I would've paid to see that.

Anyway, we used to compare the guy to the soup nazi, obviously. But this guy's better. He was the Menudo Nazi before there ever was a soup nazi. If you call the place right now, he will answer, yelling, "LA PENITA!!!" :gang1: God I miss that place, now that I think about it. Oh, and his eyes are always bloodshot to hell, which is also great. :wub: I think it's safe to say it's authentic.
Awesome. Sounds like a good spot to me. Maybe a bike ride and lunch at la penita this weekend. I know it's going to be packed everywhere .... And I have no reservations. ####.

I'll print this out tomorrow. Walking is my preference at the beach. Maybe short cab rides. I'm paying for the location and figured there was stuff around there within reasonable distance. Plus the bar/lounge at Shade looks good. I'm reading it's cougar central though, as is a lot of manhattan beach apparently. Be there with my gf however.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it makes you feel any better I helped out at your Pawn Stars shop on Facebook.HTH

Sonny from your old Maui threads to the OC discussions to this it's starting to creep me out how much of the same dirt we've occupied. In the 60s draft I talked about my time in the South Bay with my college buddies who were raised on Palos Verdes but mispent their teens in Hermosa. I miss those guys and that part of town. One of them hired me in the late 80s (when I was breifly unemployed) on his construction site remodeling three condos a block closer to the beach than Shade. Mr. Boss would line up his crew single file and orderly for 6:30am bong hits and if the surf was up no work got done.

On a whimsy I'm throwing out one of my favorite yet little known restaurants to see if you've been.

Nevermind Squid Row, Giggling Marlin, etc. Have you been to the Trailer Park in Cabo?

:scared:

eta: my main reason for sending Leroy on the walk to La Playita was the slowly getting more youthful and less covered wimmins between Manhattan and Hermosa.

Sonny from your old Maui threads to the OC discussions to this it's starting to creep me out how much of the same dirt we've occupied. In the 60s draft I talked about my time in the South Bay with my college buddies who were raised on Palos Verdes but mispent their teens in Hermosa. I miss those guys and that part of town. One of them hired me in the late 80s (when I was breifly unemployed) on his construction site remodeling three condos a block closer to the beach than Shade. Mr. Boss would line up his crew single file and orderly for 6:30am bong hits and if the surf was up no work got done.

On a whimsy I'm throwing out one of my favorite yet little known restaurants to see if you've been.

Nevermind Squid Row, Giggling Marlin, etc. Have you been to the Trailer Park in Cabo?

Link

Um hello? You are getting MORE issues for still just 36 cents. :rolleyes:

If it makes you feel any better I helped out at your Pawn Stars shop on Facebook.HTH
Thanks, now I got a sic feeling and feel like a dork, AKA 5th grade.

How much will you give me for my Facebook guitar amp?

Link
:lmao: CC, of course I've been, ha, yeah lotta the same places. I will know the surfers from PV, grew up surfing there, pm me so we don't muddle the thread. BTW, the Mermaid (and Poop Deck) may have seen her last days... :cry:

My parents called today as well. They're in New Mexico in their brand-new RV.

Pops: GAMERA! You're home!

Me: You dialed my home phone, Pops.

Pops: Yep. We've had some problems out here. I shut off all the power while trying to get the blinking "12:00" off the microwave.

Me: :mellow:

You can't make it up. :lmao:

Had my first FFA/GMTAN dream two nights ago. Dreamed I was sitting in a diner (picture Monk's from Seinfeld) in a booth with GM and Frostilicus. I knew it was them even though they both had porn-staches and crew-cut type hairdos, and even though GM was olive complected.
:lmao:

Thoughts?
No idea what this means.I just countered their last counter offer with a number lower than my previous counter offer and made an appointment to see the house up the street on Thursday. :thumbup:

SLB...

Haven't been following your house story. In 2007 we found my dream house. We'd been looking for 3 years and when we found it, the housing market bottomed out. Tried for 8 months to sell the old house and failed. We were, however, to get interest in renting it and we've had it rented out consistently with the exception of a 15 day period between renters since.

It isn't much of a sellers market, but it is a landlord's market.

'St. Louis Bob said:
'Good said:
'St. Louis Bob said:
'McJose said:
'St. Louis Bob said:
No idea what this means.
I think it means he wants to pawn his amp at your shop.I'd trade him a Jimmy Hoffa photo album for it or maybe an antique harmonica.

SLB...Haven't been following your house story. In 2007 we found my dream house. We'd been looking for 3 years and when we found it, the housing market bottomed out. Tried for 8 months to sell the old house and failed. We were, however, to get interest in renting it and we've had it rented out consistently with the exception of a 15 day period between renters since. It isn't much of a sellers market, but it is a landlord's market.
:goodposting:Been renting my house in SC for 1.5 years. I actually make money on it, even after taxes and insurance. Definitely look into this. Are you located near any hospitals or other big (read: high paying) businesses? We are about a mile from the Mayo Clinic here in Jacksonville and I have every intention to contact their HR department in an effort to have them recommend our house to incoming doctors. :thumbup:

SLB...Haven't been following your house story. In 2007 we found my dream house. We'd been looking for 3 years and when we found it, the housing market bottomed out. Tried for 8 months to sell the old house and failed. We were, however, to get interest in renting it and we've had it rented out consistently with the exception of a 15 day period between renters since. It isn't much of a sellers market, but it is a landlord's market.
:goodposting:Been renting my house in SC for 1.5 years. I actually make money on it, even after taxes and insurance. Definitely look into this. Are you located near any hospitals or other big (read: high paying) businesses? We are about a mile from the Mayo Clinic here in Jacksonville and I have every intention to contact their HR department in an effort to have them recommend our house to incoming doctors. :thumbup:
I appreciate the thought guys but there are as many houses for rent as there are for sale. My neighbor is planning on moving and renting soon actually. I'm going to take a bath on this place already so I'm ready to give a really good deal just to be done with it. Plus I honestly don't know how I could find the time to be a land lord. The house we put a bid on is pretty much scratched for now and I've found 7 more in the same area we are going to look at on Thursday. Mrs. SLB was the hardest one to convince that we needed to move on since it is a buyers market. My initial offer was $X65, they came back with $X90, I came back with $X80 (stupid) they came back with $X85. I declined that and said after thinking about it, I wasn't going any higher than $X70 and they should have accepted $X80. :lol:

I just got multifocal glasses. Didn't bother to ask what they cost as I suppose it's been a while since I got a pair of glasses and just assumed it was about $300 like glasses are supposed to be. Almost $1000. :shock: :cry:

I appreciate the thought guys but there are as many houses for rent as there are for sale. My neighbor is planning on moving and renting soon actually. I'm going to take a bath on this place already so I'm ready to give a really good deal just to be done with it. Plus I honestly don't know how I could find the time to be a land lord. The house we put a bid on is pretty much scratched for now and I've found 7 more in the same area we are going to look at on Thursday. Mrs. SLB was the hardest one to convince that we needed to move on since it is a buyers market. My initial offer was $X65, they came back with $X90, I came back with $X80 (stupid) they came back with $X85. I declined that and said after thinking about it, I wasn't going any higher than $X70 and they should have accepted $X80. :lol:
Good job, GBSLB. Like I had said, set your number and stick with it. You might find them coming back to you at $x70. :) Glad to see you're finding others to your liking as well.Mr. krista just came home with some F402 ballpoint pens when I had sent him to the store to find a guestbook for our Nicaragua house. When I pointed out that we had approximately 8 squillion pens in the house, he pointed out that the best we had before were the F301s, and these were 101 better than those. Can't argue with that logic.ETA: Also, no guestbook, and he managed to walk out of Office Depot with the F402s in his hand and had to motor back in to pay before they thought he was stealing them.

Users who are viewing this thread