What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (4 Viewers)

'Buck Bradcanon said:
'beer 30 said:
Hi, my name is beer 30. The dog and I are the only males in our home, I have a 15 year old, a 10 year old and a lump of soul sucking flesh I refer to lovingly as the wife. I hate them all with the white hot passion of a thousand burning suns most of the time. I do a lot of yard work.
:lmao: :cry: :lmao: :cry: :lmao:
:lmao: Where is this from?
You can just click on the curvy little arrow in the left corner of the quote and it will take you to the source.
Well, I'll be damned. Thank you. :thumbup:

This thread needs more music talk.
Speaking of, do people still buy CDs? If I want to have some music to listen to in my car, how do I go about legally procuring that? I don't have a fancy ipod or anything.
You lost me with "legally." I guess Best Buy has CDs. You can download stuff from iTunes and burn it onto a disc. What kind of phone do you have?
Can you sync songs you don't own via Spotify to your iPod? I haven't gotten that far yet.

Speaking of, do people still buy CDs? If I want to have some music to listen to in my car, how do I go about legally procuring that? I don't have a fancy ipod or anything.
You lost me with "legally." I guess Best Buy has CDs. You can download stuff from iTunes and burn it onto a disc. What kind of phone do you have?
Can you sync songs you don't own via Spotify to your iPod? I haven't gotten that far yet.
Yes. I've downloaded a lot of free music files (podcasts, etc.). I save them on my laptop and load them up through itunes. :thumbup:

I haven't done Spotify yet. Recommend? There's something uncomfortable to me about "renting" the music.

Yes. I've downloaded a lot of free music files (podcasts, etc.). I save them on my laptop and load them up through itunes. :thumbup:
But can Spotify sync to the iPod? This is what I want to know.

Yes. When you download Spotify (even the free version) it automatically imports all your music and playlists from itunes.

If you want to play Spotify on your ipod device then you need to upgrade to the $10 per month level. that is the only way.

'shuke said:
Speaking of dogs, I'm pretty sure our 13 year old beagle shepherd has gone completely deaf. I had noticed some loss of hearing over the past year, but after we put her in a kennel when we went on vacation, it seems completely gone. Is this something we need to have looked into, or just a sign of old age?
She's barely eating now. I give her one of those small milk bone biscuits every night and she's eating some scraps that end up on the floor from my daughter, but I haven't put food in her bowl for maybe 4 days. Also, she went pretty much all day the other day without showing any need to outside. :(
:(
Why doesn't Tufnel post in here regularly? I think it would really make it complete.
Just waiting for an invitation, buddy. Careful what you wish for, 'cause here I come.
:)

'shuke said:
I happen to live in PDX.
You live in the airport?
Cut the ####.
Sure thing Kenny Tarmac.Seriously, who talks like this?
Look here, Bitterman. I was simply replying to his post. See:

heading to PDX from Wednesday pm through Sunday morning this week. Planning on eating and drinking a lot. If anyone wants to grab a beer one night, let me know - first round is on me

Last edited by a moderator:
So...on my free Spotify account, I can download all the music files I want, transfer them to my iTunes account and from there, can I burn them to CD? :confused:

Just got off the phone with my brother. He could finally talk since his wife wasn't at his hip. He is in such a worse place than I thought. If you don't recall, my SIL caused a huge rift when she laid into my father for joking during a Bruins playoff game, 'can't we get that kid to quiet down.' She refuses to allow anyone on my side to babysit while they are in town, and she has forbidden my brother from leaving her alone with either the baby or with my parent(s). It's like a giant game of getting a fox, a goose and a bag of corn across a river.

Apparently they have fought about this several times and the bottom line is that she accuses him of being less than a man bc he won't stand up for her to his family. Which is such a crock since they live across the country and she only needs to deal with this once or twice a year at most. Just pathetic.

I feel so bad for my brother. He picked a bad wife. :(

I don't think you can download stuff you don't own from spotify and listen offline. You can listen offline to stuff you already own, or listen online to stuff you don't own. But, you can't "steal" music via spotify.

So...on my free Spotify account, I can download all the music files I want, transfer them to my iTunes account and from there, can I burn them to CD? :confused:
I don't know about transferring from Spotify to itunes. I don't think you can actually download and burn from spotify.itunes ------> spotify (not the other way around)

Just got off the phone with my brother. He could finally talk since his wife wasn't at his hip. He is in such a worse place than I thought. If you don't recall, my SIL caused a huge rift when she laid into my father for joking during a Bruins playoff game, 'can't we get that kid to quiet down.' She refuses to allow anyone on my side to babysit while they are in town, and she has forbidden my brother from leaving her alone with either the baby or with my parent(s). It's like a giant game of getting a fox, a goose and a bag of corn across a river.

Apparently they have fought about this several times and the bottom line is that she accuses him of being less than a man bc he won't stand up for her to his family. Which is such a crock since they live across the country and she only needs to deal with this once or twice a year at most. Just pathetic.

And did I also read that she's
I'd counsel your brother to get a divorce yesterday. She's a bad bad bad seed that will only spoil things further. Get rid of her before the baby is old enough to live her destruction. As I said to you in an earlier post, I've lived through something similar to this and it was an experience I wouldn't wish upon anybody. If I could go back in time and talk to a younger GM, I would shake him to his core and encourage him to divorce immediately.

I don't know about transferring from Spotify to itunes. I don't think you can actually download and burn from spotify.itunes ------> spotify (not the other way around)
Oh, I see. I don't have iTunes on my work computer. Just Spotify, which I'm new to and don't quite understand in full. I do like it, however. Pretty cool tool to use if you want to hear a band's catalog and then decide if you like it enough to go further with that band.

Just got off the phone with my brother. He could finally talk since his wife wasn't at his hip. He is in such a worse place than I thought. If you don't recall, my SIL caused a huge rift when she laid into my father for joking during a Bruins playoff game, 'can't we get that kid to quiet down.' She refuses to allow anyone on my side to babysit while they are in town, and she has forbidden my brother from leaving her alone with either the baby or with my parent(s). It's like a giant game of getting a fox, a goose and a bag of corn across a river.Apparently they have fought about this several times and the bottom line is that she accuses him of being less than a man bc he won't stand up for her to his family. Which is such a crock since they live across the country and she only needs to deal with this once or twice a year at most. Just pathetic.I feel so bad for my brother. He picked a bad wife. :(
if anything he's less than a man for not straightening out the wife

She isn't actually fat (yet). My father just likes to call her that. :mellow: I'm pretty sure my brother is the type that will go along for years, decades, heck maybe even the rest of his life without taking her to task because he so loathes confrontation. He is on a train ride that he can't get off of. Makes me sick.

If you want an ipod, PM me a mailing address. I have a 4gb one that I don't use anymore. No charge.
:thumbup: I still use my 4gb Ipod. Love it. I know that's not much for memory, so I constantly have to replace stuff, but I still enjoy it quite a bit. Great product.

That really sucks, man. Maybe one night you will have just enough liquid courage inside of you to tell her what's up.

I have no itunes, no spotify, no ipod, and have never downloaded one single song from anywhere.

I do have free pandora on my work computer. Currently listening to Mama Said Knock You Out.

I am one cool muddafudda. :mellow:

If you want an ipod, PM me a mailing address. I have a 4gb one that I don't use anymore. No charge.
:excited: What's the catch?
:shrug: The only catch is that I'm not sure where the power chord is. Pretty sure I can find it, but if not, you may have to purchase a new one.

Very cool.
:goodposting: Have a great rest of your Tuesday everyone.

:excited: What's the catch?
You're going to have to figure out how to load your own .38 Special CDs on there yourself.

I have no itunes, no spotify, no ipod, and have never downloaded one single song from anywhere.I do have free pandora on my work computer. Currently listening to Mama Said Knock You Out.I am one cool muddafudda. :mellow:
You should download Spotify (free) and chronicle how disorienting/mind-blowing/confusing it is in this thread.

In the Delta lounge waiting to go to Dubai. There is a man in the next sitting area experiencing either the oddest sneezes or the loudest orgasms I've ever heard.

Slapping it low, and only from sundown to sunup.

K

I have no itunes, no spotify, no ipod, and have never downloaded one single song from anywhere.I do have free pandora on my work computer. Currently listening to Mama Said Knock You Out.I am one cool muddafudda. :mellow:
You should download Spotify (free) and chronicle how disorienting/mind-blowing/confusing it is in this thread.
Is it like Pandora?I'm close to being the same boat at CQ, but at least I've downloaded music before. The thing is, it took me like 2 weeks and a 6 page thread here to figure out how to do it.

Users who are viewing this thread