What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Goodbye Florida(I'm back!...for the week) (1 Viewer)

flapgreen

Footballguy
My wife has finally managed to drag me away from Florida. I've been fighting it for some time but have no choice now. She's grown very unhappy here, so we're moving back to Nashville. ;)

I hear a lot of bad things about Florida on here, but I love it. I've been living in Saint Augustine during my entire 3 years. I love the place. I love the state...and on and on. If I had the choice, I would never live anywhere else.

On the bright side, I had the chance to do most if not all of the things I've always wanted to do. I had the opportunity to travel and see the entire state.

The beach and the warm weather are where it's at. There's nothing like walking outside during the middle of winter, and it's 70 degrees with the sound of the ocean in the background. Or hanging out on the beach at night when there's a full moon. It's almost like daylight with the moon reflecting off the water.

This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I wanted to live here since I was a kid and finally got the chance to do so. It's tough leaving, but it sure was a good ride and an experience I'll never forget.

:bag: Florida

Last edited by a moderator:
I also live in Florida in the SW Area. And my family loves it. A lot of the same reasons you do.

Why your wife grow unhappy?

Good luck in the Nashville.

Palm Beaches here, both I and my wife wanted to live here, because we were tired of the Midwest (It's homey, but boring after a combined 40-odd years spent there) and we're tired of snow for the foreseeable future. Granted, we have to deal with snowbirds every winter, but it's a small price to pay for not having to dig out of 2 feet of snow 4 times a winter.

My wife has finally managed to drag me away from Florida. I've been fighting it for some time but have no choice now. She's grown very unhappy here, so we're moving back to Nashville. :lmao:I hear a lot of bad things about Florida on here, but I love it. I've been living in Saint Augustine during my entire 3 years. I love the place. I love the state...and on and on. If I had the choice, I would never live anywhere else.On the bright side, I had the chance to do most if not all of the things I've always wanted to do. I had the opportunity to travel and see the entire state. The beach and the warm weather are where it's at. There's nothing like walking outside during the middle of winter, and it's 70 degrees with the sound of the ocean in the background. Or hanging out on the beach at night when there's a full moon. It's almost like daylight with the moon reflecting off the water.This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I wanted to live here since I was a kid and finally got the chance to do so. It's tough leaving, but it sure was a good ride and an experience I'll never forget. :lmao: Florida
it's for the best. I'm sure my #####ing was included in the "bad things about Flirida" column, but remember - my being fed up with FL was after 10 years. When I was 3 years in, I felt the same way you do now.FL is a great place for vacation and to retire to, but not a good place to make a living/raise a family. Think of it this way - next time you come to FL, you will be on vacation and you will be able to ejoy the positives even more, and you will have the added avantage of knowing your way around.Plus, if the wife ain't happy, there is no way you will be happy.Good luck!

My wife has finally managed to drag me away from Florida. I've been fighting it for some time but have no choice now. She's grown very unhappy here, so we're moving back to Nashville. :lmao: Florida
Guess what happens when you grow very unhappy living in Nashville? :lmao: flapgreen

I'm a 3rd generation Tampon. I've been out of state, but never really lived anywhere else. Went to school in Tallahassee, and that's pretty much like lower Alabama. I like it, but my opinion isn't worth a crap since I have nothing to compare it too. :football: I often wonder what it would be like to live in other cities, like NY, but that's really because it seems so different. It's kind of like going out with the hottest chick, but still thinking about another when you screw her. :lmao:

I'm a 3rd generation Tampon. I've been out of state, but never really lived anywhere else. Went to school in Tallahassee, and that's pretty much like lower Alabama. I like it, but my opinion isn't worth a crap since I have nothing to compare it too. :football: I often wonder what it would be like to live in other cities, like NY, but that's really because it seems so different. It's kind of like going out with the hottest chick, but still thinking about another when you screw her. :rolleyes:
Cappy?

St. Augustine is my favorite city in FL. I don't think I could live in that state again, though. It was a good run.

I also live in Florida in the SW Area. And my family loves it. A lot of the same reasons you do.Why your wife grow unhappy?Good luck in the Nashville.
Misses her family back home. I love SW Florida. Went on vacation there this summer and went from Marco Island up to Tampa. Great place

I'm a 3rd generation Tampon. I've been out of state, but never really lived anywhere else. Went to school in Tallahassee, and that's pretty much like lower Alabama. I like it, but my opinion isn't worth a crap since I have nothing to compare it too. :lmao: I often wonder what it would be like to live in other cities, like NY, but that's really because it seems so different. It's kind of like going out with the hottest chick, but still thinking about another when you screw her. :lmao:
exactly :lmao:

My wife has finally managed to drag me away from Florida. I've been fighting it for some time but have no choice now. She's grown very unhappy here, so we're moving back to Nashville. :lmao:

I hear a lot of bad things about Florida on here, but I love it. I've been living in Saint Augustine during my entire 3 years. I love the place. I love the state...and on and on. If I had the choice, I would never live anywhere else.

On the bright side, I had the chance to do most if not all of the things I've always wanted to do. I had the opportunity to travel and see the entire state.

The beach and the warm weather are where it's at. There's nothing like walking outside during the middle of winter, and it's 70 degrees with the sound of the ocean in the background. Or hanging out on the beach at night when there's a full moon. It's almost like daylight with the moon reflecting off the water.

This is one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I wanted to live here since I was a kid and finally got the chance to do so. It's tough leaving, but it sure was a good ride and an experience I'll never forget.

:lmao: Florida
it's for the best. I'm sure my #####ing was included in the "bad things about Flirida" column, but remember - my being fed up with FL was after 10 years. When I was 3 years in, I felt the same way you do now.

FL is a great place for vacation and to retire to, but not a good place to make a living/raise a family. Think of it this way - next time you come to FL, you will be on vacation and you will be able to ejoy the positives even more, and you will have the added avantage of knowing your way around.

Plus, if the wife ain't happy, there is no way you will be happy.

Good luck!
yep. that's why we're going

flapjack, good luck in tennessee.

you won't get hurricanes there, but you'll get the occasional tornado and some Elvis impersonators.

Did these hurricanes play into the decision at all or did those not hit where you were at?
No. The closest thing we had to a hurricane was tropical storm faye. I think was the strongest storm that hit the Jacksonville/Saint Augustine area in years and it was only 50-60mph winds.

Been back in Kentucky for a month and hate it more every day. I don't even have jacket and many winter clothes. :hot: :hot: :confused: :lmao:

I'm being a little dramatic too. I really hate cold weather and not being close to the beach. There's nothing to do here when it starts getting colder

Been back in Kentucky for a month and hate it more every day. I don't even have jacket and many winter clothes. :hot: :hot: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
thought you were in nashville?
Will be there in 2 weeks. I grew up on the KY/TN state line. We took a couple weeks to find the best deal on an apartment. Been staying with family in my home town since arriving back
so, you have a mullet?
No...but i don't have any teeth and i dropped out of school when i was 6. :bag:

Wow...it feels like 1989 again for me. Thanks for making me realize I've been away from my home state longer than I lived there. :old:

I'm being a little dramatic too. I really hate cold weather and not being close to the beach. There's nothing to do here when it starts getting colder
Well since your wife drug you back there tell her she has to entertain you once it gets cold, if she needs help invite friends.

I'd say of all the places one could live in the South, Nashville tops the list. So you've got that going for you.

I'm a 3rd generation Tampon. I've been out of state, but never really lived anywhere else. Went to school in Tallahassee, and that's pretty much like lower Alabama. I like it, but my opinion isn't worth a crap since I have nothing to compare it too. :wub: I often wonder what it would be like to live in other cities, like NY, but that's really because it seems so different. It's kind of like going out with the hottest chick, but still thinking about another when you screw her. :thumbup:
Since this thread was bumped...You guys need to reevaluate what you call yourselves.

I'm a 3rd generation Tampon. I've been out of state, but never really lived anywhere else. Went to school in Tallahassee, and that's pretty much like lower Alabama. I like it, but my opinion isn't worth a crap since I have nothing to compare it too. :wub: I often wonder what it would be like to live in other cities, like NY, but that's really because it seems so different. It's kind of like going out with the hottest chick, but still thinking about another when you screw her. :thumbup:
Since this thread was bumped...You guys need to reevaluate what you call yourselves.
Is that like one that's been used 3 times?

Back for the first time in almost 6 years. It feels like I never left. Love it as much now as I did back then. Such a great place to live. Still kills me to this day that I no longer live here. Paradise, fellas. I knew it would be difficult to ever move back once we moved back home. 2 kids now and rooted in Nashville. Can't believe I would ever leave behind the beach life. Love the relaxed atmosphere and never ending amount of things to do. I love this place

The bottom dropped out of the housing market right around the time we left. We could've gotten a great home a few miles from the beach for 150 or so, which is the same it costs in Nashville. It's gone back up a little down here but still not bad. :kicksrock:

Grew up in Florida. 26 years. Lived 2 other places since, and like them both a lot more.

Don't miss Florida at all.

flapgreen said:
SHIIIIIIT! Jack Johnson going to be here next week. Fuuuuuuuuuk
Well damn...I didn't even knoe he was touring again...had I known I would have made plans to go.

I have a couple friends still here who tried to get tickets but they sold out immediately. They had no chance of getting them. Never known him to come to the east coast. Bummer

I have a couple friends still here who tried to get tickets but they sold out immediately. They had no chance of getting them. Never known him to come to the east coast. Bummer
I saw him in Orlando in August 2010 on the 'To The Sea' tour. Great show.There's some tickets on Craigslist, but the cheapest I've seen is a 4 pack @ $125 each. Singles going for $200+. Gouging bastards.

My wife is tired of winter and REALLY wants to move to FL. I have two sisters in the Orlando area and now a brother in Tampa.

Now I only need to find a job or start a business down there, sell our house here and move the whole family.

Grew up in Florida. 26 years. Lived 2 other places since, and like them both a lot more.

Don't miss Florida at all.
I lived in Florida for three years in the early 90s, and then I moved back to North Carolina. Like you, I don't miss Florida at all. I like to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there again. My aunt and cousins have lived in Florida most of their lives, and they like it there.

The 90 degree humidity is back. You know it sucks when you walk out side at 6:30 and you are instantly hot. Anything you do outside makes you sweat. The weather will be miserably hot from now until about October. I'd much rather be hot than cold though.

The 90 degree humidity is back. You know it sucks when you walk out side at 6:30 and you are instantly hot. Anything you do outside makes you sweat. The weather will be miserably hot from now until about October. I'd much rather be hot than cold though.
:goodposting: except for your last sentence. I would prefer to be cold.

Everything here now is a concrete jungle. Work on the roads everywhere you go. It's ugly and annoying to top off how hot you already are. I want to move to NC but all my family and friends are here. Would miss being around them.

But Florida sucks.

I saw him in Orlando in August 2010 on the 'To The Sea' tour. Great show.There's some tickets on Craigslist, but the cheapest I've seen is a 4 pack @ $125 each. Singles going for $200+. Gouging bastards.
yikes. Looks like there's still some left for the Atlanta show which is about 4 hours from me.

:goodposting: except for your last sentence. I would prefer to be cold. Everything here now is a concrete jungle. Work on the roads everywhere you go. It's ugly and annoying to top off how hot you already are. I want to move to NC but all my family and friends are here. Would miss being around them.

But Florida sucks.
You still in Tampa? That's what I love about the east coast of Florida. Always a breeze, not densely populated, not too hot, not too cold. The stretch between Saint Augustine and Daytona are little beach towns with very little traffic. Palm Coast, Flagler Beach, Ormond Beach. All gorgeous places.

Second generation Floridian. Grew up in Ft. Lauderdale. Lived in NC now for nearly 25 years. Don't miss Florida at all.

Users who are viewing this thread