What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Google Calendar Experts? A Question (1 Viewer)

Joe Bryant

Guide
Staff member
Anyone good with Google Calendar here?

Using the online version on my desktop.

I have lots of different calendars and utilize for them different things.

Mostly I have Google Calendar open in a browser tab and I'll select a bunch of the calendars in the My Calendars on the left hand side to show so all the events show up in the calendar that's displayed.

But sometimes, I want to just see the events related to one calendar. With nothing else but those events. Say it's the Birthday's calendar.

If I want to see just those, I tried opening a 2nd browser tab for Google Calendar on this with just the birthday tabs. I can deselect all the other calendars on the My Calendar list except for Birthdays.

So I have two tabs.

One google calendar with all my calendars showing.

The other a google calendar with just the Birthdays showing.

The problem is in working with either calendar causes them both to show latest version of calendars to display.

In other words, if calender tab #1 has all the my calendars and calendar tab #2 has just birthdays, when I click back to tab #1 it also now shows just the birthdays.

Is there a way to have two separate google calendar tabs open showing different calendars?

Is maybe the only answer to add a new calendar under a new google account. And just have that one open in a tab?

Try two different windows instead of tabs. Then try two different browsers if that doesn't work. Better than a new/different account.

Two windows wouldn't be any different than two tabs for most browsers, unless one was opened in Private/Incognito mode. Two different browsers would likely work.

Two windows wouldn't be any different than two tabs for most browsers, unless one was opened in Private/Incognito mode. Two different browsers would likely work.
It doesn't. It'll update changes you make in one into the other because it's account based.

I don't think there's a solution to this without creating a second account.

Yeah its tied to your account not browser. So it's "syncing" your calendar linked to your account every time you change something

Views aren't changes though.

I don't use it very much, but just tested and I don't have this problem. I can see just birthdays in one tab, and just US Holidays in the other tab and can switch back and forth between the tabs.

Changes too. I add a birthday that shows in the birthday calendar, it won't show up in the US Holiday calendar until I add (click the box) the birthday calendar to my view.

I don't use it very much, but just tested and I don't have this problem. I can see just birthdays in one tab, and just US Holidays in the other tab and can switch back and forth between the tabs.

Changes too. I add a birthday that shows in the birthday calendar, it won't show up in the US Holiday calendar until I add (click the box) the birthday calendar to my view.

Interesting. What browser are you using for this?

Chrome. Version 123.0.6312.60

Work computer with Window 10 Enterprise. So it's a Windows PC version. I can try when I get home on Android version, Galaxy Tab S6 tablet.

Anyone good with Google Calendar here?

Using the online version on my desktop.

I have lots of different calendars and utilize for them different things.

Mostly I have Google Calendar open in a browser tab and I'll select a bunch of the calendars in the My Calendars on the left hand side to show so all the events show up in the calendar that's displayed.
why does a bot need a calendar? (at least you know I'm not a bot).

Work computer with Window 10 Enterprise. So it's a Windows PC version. I can try when I get home on Android version, Galaxy Tab S6 tablet.

Thanks. I'm using Chrome on Mac, and when I have two tabs open in the browser with my Google Calendars on them, If I make changes on one to the My Calendars, selecting or deselecting some, those changes show up in the other tab as well.

Thanks. I'm using Chrome on Mac, and when I have two tabs open in the browser with my Google Calendars on them, If I make changes on one to the My Calendars, selecting or deselecting some, those changes show up in the other tab as well.
I'm on Chrome PC and this does also. And have the same issue.

I think what Peggy is referring too is if you are only selecting one in each tab you won't see the changes. Until you select it again or refresh.

Birthdays in tab 1
Holidays in tab 2 for example.

Just looked on Chrome & Firefox on PC and I don't see this problem. This might be too basic for you and if so apologies, but when you say different calendars, did you actually create new calendar instances, or are you talking about just different color coding or using the calendar list that was there as default? That is, if you start a new event, does the calendar name at the bottom of that event form show the correct calendar name you are on instead of your primary email name?

Is maybe the only answer to add a new calendar under a new google account. And just have that one open in a tab?
If you do decide to go this route, I would just try sharing the existing calendars on your current account to the secondary account. No need to recreate the wheel completely.

Users who are viewing this thread