What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Got into a hit & run fender bender last week (4 Viewers)

Charging him more than what? I didn't (and still don't) know the amount of the damages. When I started the thread I had just gotten off the phone with my insurance who gave me his name and number and said the guy wanted to work something out. I asked here IF guy wanted to pay above and beyond, is that something I should consider. Should I deal with a guy who hit me and ran? Do I just throw out an amount? Do I get multiple estimates? No estimate at all? Never been in a hit and run before where I tracked the guy down and he's asking to play ball. Uncharted territory. I was looking for advice. I didn't end up going down that road. I never contacted him. And yes, I could have asked him for an amount to settle and felt bad at the same time. If I saw this situation as some kind of opportunity to really cash in I would have lawyer'd up, no? I resent your last sentence. No idea how potentially responding to the guy's plea to work something out (a guy who hit me and took off) as to allow them to avoid involving their insurance could be considered "taking advantage of his situation".
If I'm confused, it's because you're not explaining things well.  Because a lot of us are confused.  

If you want your car fixed, you go get an estimate and then get it fixed.  Then you present the bill to him.  I mean, that seems easy enough if you don't want him getting in more trouble.

Pretty much 3 options:

1. Go through insurance and don't care about his worries
2. Get an estimate and then ask him to pay that price
3. Do nothing

Those are your three options.  What am I missing here?

I agree. Was thinking like Amazon gift card. What would be the proper amount? $50? $100?
I think $50 would be cool of you. I doubt he's expecting a thing. If I were him, I'd be impressed and feel good about even getting a note alone. Anything above that would be awesome. 

Of course, if I were him, I probably would have stayed out of it in the first place and minded my own business and then afterwards felt bad that I didn't help out...

I wouldn't give another thought to the guy who ran into you - he's not worth even your mental time.  Personally, the only one involved that I'd still think about is the witness who helped you out.  If I were in your shoes, I'd at least send him a nice thank you note, and maybe include some kind of gift card - especially if I ended up getting more money from the insurance than I had to spend actually fixing the car.  Assuming you have his info, of course.  That was seriously cool and helpful what he did for you.
Yea, this guy is a hero. The hit and runner thought he'd get away with it but karma's a #####, or in this case a good samaritan. 

I think $50 would be cool of you. I doubt he's expecting a thing. If I were him, I'd be impressed and feel good about even getting a note alone. Anything above that would be awesome. 

Of course, if I were him, I probably would have stayed out of it in the first place and minded my own business and then afterwards felt bad that I didn't help out...
$50 sounds about right. Once the insurance company issues payment for sure going to let him know the outcome. Would have been completely SoL if he didn't happen to be sitting in a spot right next to the accident and took the pictures. On top of that he had backed into the spot. He's just sitting there with a front row seat to the whole thing. Even crazier we had the same last name and his full name was my grandfathers name. Bizarre.

I'd like to change my stance.

I think Nipsey should apologize to the Richard, cut Richard a check for the damage caused by Nipseys car being in the way as well as send him Christmas cards for life. 

I'd like to change my stance.

I think Nipsey should apologize to the Richard, cut Richard a check for the damage caused by Nipseys car being in the way as well as send him Christmas cards for life. 
You don't get it.  It's cosmetic damage that definitely messed up the alignment.  IF ONLY NIPSEY HADN'T GONE TO THE STORE THAT DAY, THIS POOR RICHARD'S LIFE WOULDN'T BE RUINED!  WHY, GOD?  WHY???!?!?!?!!

You don't get it.  It's cosmetic damage that definitely messed up the alignment.  IF ONLY NIPSEY HADN'T GONE TO THE STORE THAT DAY, THIS POOR RICHARD'S LIFE WOULDN'T BE RUINED!  WHY, GOD?  WHY???!?!?!?!!
No idea why you came in here today and decided to take a crap. Maybe you just like hearing the sound of your own farts? Unbelievable.

No idea why you came in here today and decided to take a crap. Maybe you just like hearing the sound of your own farts? Unbelievable.

So the dude that hits your car and runs off you feel bad for but now I'm the bad guy. :lmao:

Epic troll job by you. (I hope) Good job. I bought it. 

I was trying to help you.  Then you got irritated with me because I couldn't understand your ramblings.  

Once that happened, I decided to stop being helpful and go for the jokes.  At first I thought I'd just keep trying to help.  But then I figured that you didn't mean it, and I should try to help you out. So I was going to ask for some money from you to help you out.  I do feel bad, though.  If only I hadn't come in here today.  

I was trying to help you.  Then you got irritated with me because I couldn't understand your ramblings.  

Once that happened, I decided to stop being helpful and go for the jokes.  At first I thought I'd just keep trying to help.  But then I figured that you didn't mean it, and I should try to help you out. So I was going to ask for some money from you to help you out.  I do feel bad, though.  If only I hadn't come in here today.  
Trying help me? Really? How? My insurance company filed a claim with his insurance company on my behalf two days ago. You come in here this morning, after the fact, posting complete nonsense.

Trying help me? Really? How? My insurance company filed a claim with his insurance company on my behalf two days ago. You come in here this morning, after the fact, posting complete nonsense.
Yes.  But a lot of that nonsense was pretty funny.

Use every professional at your disposal. Do everything by the letter of the law, including the hit and run portion. 

Nipsey said:
OMG, the irony!!!! 

lots of unhelpful people pretending to be righteous
Can you confirm that fissure man and TheIronSheik are two different people? Quickly glancing at fissure man's posting history they tend to both show up in the same thread around the same time saying similar things. I really hope my instinct is wrong here.

Never mind, I sleuthed it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you confirm that fissure man and TheIronSheik are two different people? Quickly glancing at fissure man's posting history they tend to both show up in the same thread around the same time saying similar things. I really hope my instinct is wrong here.
:lmao:

You’re a weird one man.

Im not @TheIronSheik. If you checked the Kobe thread you’ll see that he and I got into a little spat, kissed and made up. 

I appreciate the compliment but Sheik is 10x funnier than me. 

I’ll leave your thread. You might not believe this but I honestly hope it all works out for you. 

Last edited by a moderator:

You’re a weird one man.

Im not @TheIronSheik. If you checked the Kobe thread you’ll see that he and I got into a little spat, kissed and made up. 

I’ll leave your thread. You might not believe this but I honestly hope it all works out for you. 

OK, now I know who this is. Go Cowboys.

I've had my suspicions, too.  I'd be interested to hear what Rud has to say about this.

You’re a weird one man.

Agreed.  I tried to wish him well, too.  

It's like we're the same person or something.

Users who are viewing this thread