What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GPP rake at Fanduel (1 Viewer)

BassNBrew

Footballguy
Has it always been close to 15% or is this something new? I've been mostly playing elsewhere at closer to 8-9% and hadn't noticed this. That's about as bad as gov't lottery rake.

Based on the contests offered last year, our Cracking FanDuel book stated: "The standard commission on GPPs with entry fees of $25 or less is 13.0%." It may have crept up a bit since then, but GPPs have always had a bigger rake than, say, H2Hs.

I think the rake on government lotteries is often about 45%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the contests offered last year, our Cracking FanDuel book stated: "The standard commission on GPPs with entry fees of $25 or less is 13.0%." It may have crept up a bit since then, but GPPs have always had a bigger rake than, say, H2Hs.

I think the rake on government lotteries is often about 45%.
Do you think this is beatable at this percentage? I always figured FBG gave me enough of an edge to be competitive at 10%, but 15% seems to be pushing it.

I don't know if a 15% rake is beatable at FanDuel. I can tell you that I personally wouldn't invest much in a contest with a 15% rake unless the competition were particularly weak (not likely at FanDuel) or I expected it not to fill (also not likely at FanDuel).

I don't get how lower rake sites aren't stealing the business from DK and FD. 10 or 15 percent is insane because there is no fricken way they have that much overhead.

Less rake, fewer terrible ads.

Users who are viewing this thread