What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grade your team’s draft from 2021 (1 Viewer)

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy
Unless I’m missing it, Shick is slacking, so I would like to start this. Here is the 2020 thread (with links to all the others)

If you wish to participate please include the following:

1. List of drafted players. LINK to DraftHistory.com
2. Players still with team
3. Starters
4. Potential future starters
5. Pro-bowls
6. Positives
7. Negatives
8. Grade

Eagles:

2. Players still with team- 7
3. Starters-2
4. Potential future starters-1? (Milton Williams)
5. Pro-bowls-2 (Dickerson)
6. Positives-Smith, Dickerson, Williams, Gainwell. Tuipolotu has been an ok depth piece at DT.
7. Negatives-really none. Only guys not with the team anymore are 6th round picks.
8. Grade- I guess I have to give it an A-. They have already extended their top 2 picks, who are at or near the top of the market salary-wise. Milton Williams has been a very solid part of the DL rotation and Gainwell has provided good value as a third back. Tuipulotu has been a serviceable depth piece and Johnson has at least stayed around for special teams. I would like 1 clear top tier player to give them an A, but it is hard to do much better overall.

2021​
1​
1​
10​
10​
DeVonta Smith​
WR​
Alabama​
2​
2​
5​
37​
Landon Dickerson​
C​
Alabama​
3​
3​
9​
73​
Milton Williams​
DT​
Louisiana Tech​
4​
4​
18​
123​
Zech McPhearson​
DB​
Texas Tech​
5​
5​
6​
150​
Kenneth Gainwell​
RB​
Memphis​
6​
6​
5​
189​
Marlon Tuipulotu​
DT​
USC​
7​
6​
7​
191​
Tarron Jackson​
DE​
Coastal Carolina​
8​
6​
40​
224​
JaCoby Stevens​
DB​
Louisiana State​
9​
7​
6​
234​
Patrick Johnson​
LB​
Tulane​

Jags:

2. Players still with team-6
3. Starters-4
4. Potential future starters-1? (Little serves as a swing OL and was a starter for most of last yr due to injury/suspension of Cam Robinson)
5. Pro-bowls-1 (Trevor)
6. Positives-- very solid draft of contributors; grabbing Cisco in the 3d due to his college injury was a great pickup
7. Negatives--it feels like all the other guys have underachieved their ability; Campbell regressed last year after a promising sophomore season and Little has only teased potential
8. Grade--B. These guys--this team--really should be better.

2021​
1​
1​
1​
1​
Trevor Lawrence​
QB​
Clemson​
2​
1​
25​
25​
Travis Etienne​
RB​
Clemson​
3​
2​
1​
33​
Tyson Campbell​
DB​
Georgia​
4​
2​
13​
45​
Walker Little​
T​
Stanford​
5​
3​
1​
65​
Andre Cisco​
DB​
Syracuse​
6​
4​
1​
106​
Jay Tufele​
DT​
USC​
7​
4​
16​
121​
Jordan Smith​
DE​
Alabama-Birmingham​
8​
5​
1​
145​
Luke Farrell​
TE​
Ohio State​
9​
6​
25​
209​
Jalen Camp​
WR​
Georgia Tech​

Detroit Lions 2021 Draft Class:
  • Round 1: No. 7 - Penei Sewell, OT, Oregon
  • Round 2: No. 41 - Levi Onwuzurike, DT, Washington
  • Round 3: No. 72 - Alim McNeill, DT, NC State
  • Round 3: No. 101 (from LAR) - Ifeatu Melifonwu, CB, Syracuse
  • Round 4: No. 112 - Amon-Ra St. Brown, WR, USC
  • Round 4: No. 113 (from CAR through CLE) - Derrick Barnes, LB, Purdue
  • Round 7: No. 257 (from BUF through CLE) - Jermar Jefferson, RB, Oregon State
  1. 7 players drafted
  2. 7 still with team
  3. 5 current starters
  4. 0 future starters
  5. 4 Pro Bowls, 2 All Pro
  6. Positives: 2 foundational cornerstones in Sewell and ARSB, McNeil is playing at a PB level, Barnes & Melifonwu both made a big jump in Y3. Worth noting they also had 5-6 significant UDFA contributors, 2 are still with team, including Brock Wright who just signed a 3 yr extension.
  7. Negatives: Still haven’t made the Super Bowl. Subject to change.
  8. GRADE: Feel like all 4 Brad Holmes drafts have been A or A+. He’s not quite on the same level as Howie Roseman or Eric DeCasta but he’s pretty close. I keep thinking this 4 year heater will end some point, nobody bats .750+ but he’s an elite evaluator.

Baltimore 2021 Draft Class

1. 8 players drafted
2. 5 still with team
3. 3 current starters
4. Cleveland has a shot to start at OG to make it 4
5. I don't think any have made the Pro Bowl. Maybe Stephens as an alternate last year?
6. Positives: Stephens' light bulb went on last year and he had a great season at CB. Wallace has been a core STer, even if he hasn't seen the field much on offense.
7. Negatives: For different reasons, both Oweh and Bateman have never gotten off. Oweh flashes and flashes, but can't put a consistent run together. This message board is well-aware of Bateman's problems. Cleveland as yet hasn't lived up to his promise. Mason was a wasted pick since he was blocked by Ricard. Shaun Wade got traded, I think (to NE?), during his rookie training camp. Stephens is gonna be a FA after this season and will probably walk. Oweh hasn't had his 5th year option picked up.
8. Grade: C+. I don't think any of these picks were seen as reaches when they were made, but Stephens is the only one who has produced at or above his draft position.

021​
1​
1​
27​
27​
Rashod Bateman​
WR​
Minnesota​
2​
1​
31​
31​
Jayson Oweh​
LB​
Penn State​
3​
3​
30​
94​
Ben Cleveland​
G​
Georgia​
4​
3​
40​
104​
Brandon Stephens​
DB​
Southern Methodist​
5​
4​
26​
131​
Tylan Wallace​
WR​
Oklahoma State​
6​
5​
16​
160​
Shaun Wade​
DB​
Ohio State​
7​
5​
27​
171​
Daelin Hayes​
DE​
Notre Dame​
8​
5​
40​
184​
Ben Mason​
RB​
Michigan​

1. 7 players drafted
  2. 7 still with team
  3. 5 current starters
  4. 0 future starters
  6. Positives: 2 foundational cornerstones in Sewell and ARSB, McNeil is playing at a PB level, Barnes & Melifonwu both made a big jump in Y3. Worth noting they also had 5-6 significant UDFA contributors, 2 are still with team, including Brock Wright who just signed a 3 yr extension.
  8. GRADE: Feel like all 4 Brad Holmes drafts have been A or A+. He’s not quite on the same level as Howie Roseman or Eric DeCasta but he’s pretty close. I keep thinking this 4 year heater will end some point, nobody bats .750+ but he’s an elite evaluator.
Can't do much better than that. Sewell is the best young OT in the league and may just be the best OT period this year. Amon Ra is the best slot WR in the league and seems to get open at will. Both guys basically set the tone for what the Lions offense will be. Alim is one of the best defensive players in the league that most fans don't know about. Iffy was the teams defensive MVP down the stretch last season making big play after big play. Barnes is a solid starter. Who knows what Levi could have been, back problems have totally derailed his career. Just absolutely crushed that draft.

1. 7 players drafted
  2. 7 still with team
  3. 5 current starters
  4. 0 future starters
Can't do much better than that. Sewell is the best young OT in the league and may just be the best OT period this year. Amon Ra is the best slot WR in the league and seems to get open at will. Both guys basically set the tone for what the Lions offense will be. Alim is one of the best defensive players in the league that most fans don't know about. Iffy was the teams defensive MVP down the stretch last season making big play after big play. Barnes is a solid starter. Who knows what Levi could have been, back problems have totally derailed his career. Just absolutely crushed that draft.
I pretty much agree with you and Bobby. When you draft two players that are both first team all pro's in their 3rd season and the rest of the draft is solid, this grade is an easy A+.

2021​
1​
1​
24​
24​
Najee Harris​
RB​
Alabama​
2​
2​
23​
55​
Pat Freiermuth​
TE​
Penn State​
3​
3​
23​
87​
Kendrick Green​
G​
Illinois​
4​
4​
23​
128​
Dan Moore​
T​
Texas A&M​
5​
4​
35​
140​
Buddy Johnson​
LB​
Texas A&M​
6​
5​
12​
156​
Isaiahh Loudermilk​
DE​
Wisconsin​
7​
6​
32​
216​
Quincy Roche​
DE​
Miami (FL)​
8​
7​
18​
245​
Tre Norwood​
DB​
Oklahoma​
9​
7​
27​
254​
Pressley Harvin​
P​
Georgia Tech​

Steelers 2021 Draft Class

1. 9 players drafted
2. 4 still with team
3. 3 current starters
4. No future starters
5. Harris made a pro bowl
6. Positives: Everyone hates Dan Moore, but he was the best pick of the draft. If you look at Pro Football reference wAV his 21 is the 3rd highest for players drafted 4th or higher. I still like Friermuth. I worry about his fit in Smith's offense, but think he could still break out as a star, although likely elsewhere.
7. Negatives: Harris was a terrible pick. RB's shouldn't be drafted in round 1. He has been an average to below avergae back. Hopefully they won't compound the mistake by picking up his 5th year option. I loved the Green pick, but it was a disaster. He couldn't play C and was not a fit at G in their O. He flased a bit better play last year in Houston, and maybe could salvage a decent career. Harvin was a disaster. Don't draft punters. He ended up being a terrible one on top of that.
8. Grade: C. The Steelers had a decade of mostly terrible drafts. This one was bad, but not as bad as some others.

This is a great idea @Long Ball Larry

I am always interested in how bad most of us are in grading drafts right after the draft. Makes tons more sense to give it a few years like you're doing here. Great idea for a thread.
My favorite set of grades for the 2024 draft was by a guy on twitter who gave everyone a TBD.

Nice. Do you have a link for that?
Sorry, it was just something copied and pasted in the Lions team thread that someone sent to me who follows Twitter.
His user name though is @michaelluchies

Misc
PassingRushingReceiving
RndPlayerPickPosYrsFromToAP1PBStwAVGCmpAttYdsTDIntAttYdsTDRecYdsTDCollege/Univ
1Jaylen Waddle6WR320212023002284708411251338518Alabama
1Jaelan Phillips18DL3202120230011442000Miami (FL)
2Jevon Holland36S3202120230021645000Oregon
2Liam Eichenberg42OL3202120230021843000Notre Dame
3Hunter Long81TE32021202300002000180Boston Col.
7Larnel Coleman231T12022202200001000Massachusetts
7Gerrid Doaks244RB000Cincinnati

Players drafted: 7
Players still with team: 4
3.5 current starters (Eich is a swing player on the O line, but started at center most of last season)
No future starters (Eich may start this year, but if not, he is the "swing" backup)
Pro Bowls: None as yet.
Positives: well, Miami has three bona fide starters with game changing ability with their first 3 picks. Holland is considered one of the best safeties in the game, Phillips was likely on his way to a pro bowl before the medowlands turf did him in, and Waddle is one of the most dynamic WRs in the league (only usrpassed by Hill being on the other side). Eich has been a solid but unspectacular fill in at Guard, Tackle, and even center last year. He is not a "great player" but more of a glue guy. Hunter Long was traded to the Rams as part of the Ramsey trade.
Negatives: All these guys have been injured, but you cannot fault the front office for that. There may have been some better linemen out there than Eich at that pick, and Long never panned out here.
Grade: A+; When you have 4 picks in the first 2 rounds and you don't screw them up, its an A. Miami has three "pro bowl quality" starters from this class and their glue O lineman. They have picked up the options on Waddle and Phillips and will likely extend Holland unless the numbers go crazy. What is not to like?

Finally, remember this was the Miami "trade down"from 3 with the niners that then had them move back up to 6 to take waddle. This netted them an extra first rounder in 2023 (which they needed bc their owner lost the phins pick for the Brady issue)

2021​
1​
1​
24​
24​
Najee Harris​
RB​
Alabama​
2​
2​
23​
55​
Pat Freiermuth​
TE​
Penn State​
3​
3​
23​
87​
Kendrick Green​
G​
Illinois​
4​
4​
23​
128​
Dan Moore​
T​
Texas A&M​
5​
4​
35​
140​
Buddy Johnson​
LB​
Texas A&M​
6​
5​
12​
156​
Isaiahh Loudermilk​
DE​
Wisconsin​
7​
6​
32​
216​
Quincy Roche​
DE​
Miami (FL)​
8​
7​
18​
245​
Tre Norwood​
DB​
Oklahoma​
9​
7​
27​
254​
Pressley Harvin​
P​
Georgia Tech​

Steelers 2021 Draft Class

1. 9 players drafted
2. 4 still with team
3. 3 current starters
4. No future starters
5. Harris made a pro bowl
6. Positives: Everyone hates Dan Moore, but he was the best pick of the draft. If you look at Pro Football reference wAV his 21 is the 3rd highest for players drafted 4th or higher. I still like Friermuth. I worry about his fit in Smith's offense, but think he could still break out as a star, although likely elsewhere.
7. Negatives: Harris was a terrible pick. RB's shouldn't be drafted in round 1. He has been an average to below avergae back. Hopefully they won't compound the mistake by picking up his 5th year option. I loved the Green pick, but it was a disaster. He couldn't play C and was not a fit at G in their O. He flased a bit better play last year in Houston, and maybe could salvage a decent career. Harvin was a disaster. Don't draft punters. He ended up being a terrible one on top of that.
8. Grade: C. The Steelers had a decade of mostly terrible drafts. This one was bad, but not as bad as some others.
Moore is terrible(see consec 1st rd picks on OT). And they should pick up Najee's 5th year, cause its relatively cheap, like $6.4M, and he is a solid RB, not even a question IMO. Etienne, Stevenson, Jv Williams are the other notable RBs in that draft, and Najee is still the one I would want for the Steelers. Was he 1st rd worthy, no, but he is a good RB.
I think in this class, not developing Roche was an error, I think he could be at least oLB3 today. But they did bring him back and he washed out again, albeit when they had restocked the oLB shelves. Green was a mess once they forced him to C. Harvin, Loudermilk are weak, thankfully they got rid of Harvin. Norwood and Johnson nothingness. Friermuth underwhelming to date.
But lets remember, him and Najee have a QB and an OL now. It should get better for them and everyone on the O.
Grade, C-. Really only 2 players worth anything.

Unless I’m missing it, Shick is slacking, so I would like to start this. Here is the 2020 thread (with links to all the others)

You, sir, are a steely eyed missile man. Thanks for making this happen. I was just checking in to get er up and runnin.

Seattle Seahawks

2021​
1​
2​
24​
56​
D'Wayne Eskridge​
WR​
Western Michigan​
2​
4​
32​
137​
Tre Brown​
DB​
Oklahoma​
3​
6​
24​
208​
Stone Forsythe​
T​
Florida​

That's it. Three players. All the other picks went to trades including S Jamal Adams. That's the aspect of these that's hard to account for. They also picked up OG Gabe Jackson for their fifth rounder. Both Adams and Jackson logged serious starter time.

2. Players still with team (3)
3. Starters (0)
4. Potential future starters (1)
5. Pro-bowls (0)
6. Positives: Tre Brown has played well at times. The team still sees him as quality depth and given the opportunity he could still shine. Forsythe has been forced into action due to injuries. Has played well at times, but nobody seems him as a long term solution.
7. Negatives: The Adams trade leaves fans whining because of his injuries. His initial season with the team he was a serious playmaker, but he was a total liability as soon as the injuries started to happen. Eskridge has been a total disappointment. Continuously injured and the few times he's been on the field he's been nothing but a liability. Not even a solid return man like they expected.
8. Grade: D. I can't fault the team for the Adams trade. Predicting injuries to me is silly.

Looking forward to grading the next two years. I believe the Seahawks will be seeing a raise in their GPA. If the 2024 draft works out Seattle could be looking to contend again. It was a three year run of draft picks from 2010 to 2012 that got them to back to back Super Bowls.

Titans 🤢

20211Caleb Farley22DB20220001120000000Virginia Tech
20212Dillon Radunz53T20230007390000000North Dakota St.
20213Monty Rice92LB20230006350000000Georgia
20213Elijah Molden100DB202300073300000002Washington
20214Dez Fitzpatrick109WR2023000060000005491Louisville
20214Rashad Weaver135DL202300053300000005.5Pittsburgh
20216Racey McMath205WR2022000014000001404480LSU
20216Brady Breeze215

Farley has played 12 games, started 2. Bad pick mostly due to injuries. On PFR, he’s listed as the lowest value of the first 63 picks. 😕

Radunz has developed a little but is part of the reason the Titans pretty much had to draft a T at the 7. Still, he should start at RT.

Molden has been depth and probably starts at S if healthy.

Fitz is in Pittsburgh but probably unemployed soon.

Weaver is okay for depth, rotational player.

Mcmath continues to make his way around the league as a practice squad player.

Breeze didn’t make it through his rookie year with us and is probably done.

Radunz, weaver and molden are adequate players but when they’re the highlight of a draft, that’s just ugly.

D+.

Last edited:
Las Vegas Raiders 2021 draft

2021​
1​
1​
17​
17​
Alex Leatherwood​
T​
Alabama​
2​
2​
11​
43​
Trevon Moehrig​
DB​
Texas Christian​
3​
3​
15​
79​
Malcolm Koonce​
DE​
Buffalo​
4​
3​
16​
80​
Divine Deablo​
LB​
Virginia Tech​
5​
4​
38​
143​
Tyree Gillespie​
DB​
Missouri​
6​
5​
23​
167​
Nate Hobbs​
DB​
Illinois​
7​
7​
2​
230​
Jimmy Morrissey​
C​
Pittsburgh​

If we can forgive the debacle of Leatherwood (we can't) this is a very solid draft, Grudock's best one by a mile. Moehrig and Deablo are solid functional starters. Koonce has developed nicely and had 8 sacks last year in his 3rd season. Hobbs is a very nice find in the 6th round as a high-quality nickel - he's missed a little time, but very effective when in the lineup. All of the names mentioned should be extension targets. There may not be any All-Pros there but they are a lot of high caliber snaps on what was a sneaky good 2023 defense.

C-

Just can't forgive flushing a 1st rounder like that. This is a B+ if we just get a reasonable return on that like we got from the above mentioned players. Christian Darrisaw was the next OT taken and Jaelen Phillips was the next pick. Either turns this grade into an A.

Titans 🤢

20211Caleb Farley22DB20220001120000000Virginia Tech
20212Dillon Radunz53T20230007390000000North Dakota St.
20213Monty Rice92LB20230006350000000Georgia
20213Elijah Molden100DB202300073300000002Washington
20214Dez Fitzpatrick109WR2023000060000005491Louisville
20214Rashad Weaver135DL202300053300000005.5Pittsburgh
20216Racey McMath205WR2022000014000001404480LSU
20216Brady Breeze215

Farley has played 12 games, started 2. Bad pick mostly due to injuries. On PFR, he’s listed as the lowest value of the first 63 picks. 😕

Radunz has developed a little but is part of the reason the Titans pretty much had to draft a T at the 7. Still, he should start at RT.

Molden has been depth and probably starts at S if healthy.

Fitz is in Pittsburgh but probably unemployed soon.

Weaver is okay for depth, rotational player.

Mcmath continues to make his way around the league as a practice squad player.

Breeze didn’t make it through his rookie year with us and is probably done.

Radunz, weaver and molden are adequate players but when they’re the highlight of a draft, that’s just ugly.

D+.
When I saw your table, I have to admit that I had to think for a moment about which team it was actually about. Probably sums up the "uneventfulness" of the draft class quite well.

You, sir, are a steely eyed missile man. Thanks for making this happen. I was just checking in to get er up and runnin.
credit really should go to you for setting up the template. i just like to do it...

In the 2021 NFL draft, the Green Bay Packers select...

Eric Stokes, DB, Georgia (#29 overall) - Decent rookie year (14 passes defensed) starting opposite Jaire Alexander, and then Rasul Douglas after Jaire was injured. Rough-looking second season ended halfway through by serious injury. Came back in 2023 and played just over 100 snaps before suffering another injury. Seems unlikely he'll be a starter in 2024 but he'll be in the mix. 25 starts with 1 INT over three seasons is a poor yield due to the injuries.

Josh Myers, C, Ohio St. (#62) - Drafted as an immediate replacement for Corey Linsley, fans are pretty sick of this guy and anxious for him to be replaced either by a 2024 rookie (Jacob Monk?) or a reshuffling of current OL starters. He's never been outright terrible but he's never been consistently good. After an injury-shortened rookie year he has played nearly every offensive snap in 2022 and 2023. Famously drafted one spot ahead of Creed Humphrey, I'll leave it up to the reader whether "they were never going to draft a left-handed center" is pure copium. I'm counting Myers as a projected 2024 starter for now.

Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson (#85) - the Packers traded up to select Rodgers, who was Trevor Lawrence's top target in 2020 and the son of championship-winning Tennessee QB Tee Martin. Rodgers projected as a slot WR and kick returner. A few months later, the Packers traded to re-acquire Randall Cobb, pushing Rodgers to the bottom of the WR depth chart. But, okay, he can still return kicks, right? In fact, no, he was insanely prone to fumbling and was released midway through his second season. He has spent time with HOU and IND since then and is currently leading the UFL in punt return yardage. Meanwhile, Keisean Nixon took over returner duties for the Packers, made All Pro twice and signed a long-term contract in 2024.

Royce Newman, G, Mississippi (#142) - Newman lined up next to Myers as Day 1 starters on the OL as rookies. His run as preferred starter ended a couple months into the 2022 season. It's possible he may not make the 2024 roster at all.

Tedarrell (TJ) Slaton, DL, Florida (#173) - Didn't play much until 2023 when he started every game. Doesn't offer much in terms of pass rush but he was a solid pick in the fifth round. Projects as a 2024 starter and might fare better in the team's new defensive scheme. While the Packers probably got the most "value" out of Josh Myers, Slaton is probably their best pick from this draft based on his career progression to this point. Ouch.

Shemar Jean-Charles, DB, Appalachian St. (#178) - Basically never played outside of special teams. Didn't make the roster in 2023.

Cole Van Lanen, OL, Wisconsin (#214) - a Green Bay native, Van Lanen's pro career in that city resulted in a single regular-season snap. He's played more (but still very little) after catching on with JAX.

Isaiah McDuffie, LB, Boston Col. (#220) - Typically a special teamer, McDuffie became an injury-replacement starter at LB for half the season in 2023. He's below average there but a solid end-of-the-roster guy who is likely to at least make the team in 2024.

Kylin Hill, RB, Mississippi St. (#256) - Hill looked like he might be a good kick returner until a knee injury halfway through his rookie season. He was cut during his second season with Matt LaFleur stating it was about Hill's attitude rather than his play.

• Players still with the team: 5 (out of 9)
  • Starters: 2 (Myers & Slaton)
  • Likely future starters: none, unless Stokes bounces back
  • Pro Bowls: Uhh... how about, this draft indirectly led to Keisean Nixon making All Pro?
  • Grade: This all sounds pretty bad, and it is! But I don't think it's that much worse than an average draft. I'm grading it a C-

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread