What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Green Bay looking at Westbrook (1 Viewer)

Gopher State

Footballguy
Brian Westbrook, RB, Philadelphia Eagles Tuesday 4/13, 8:55 AM CT

ESPN's Adam Schefter has confirmed that the Packers have been in contact with free agent running back Brian Westbrook.

Our View: Schefter says the two sides have had "preliminary" talks regarding Westbrook coming to Green Bay. Working in the Packers' explosive offense, Westbrook might be able to have a decent bounce back season in 2010.

Packers don't seem 100 percent happy with Grant, this seems like a good fit for Westy

Brian Westbrook, RB, Philadelphia Eagles Tuesday 4/13, 8:55 AM CT ESPN's Adam Schefter has confirmed that the Packers have been in contact with free agent running back Brian Westbrook. Our View: Schefter says the two sides have had "preliminary" talks regarding Westbrook coming to Green Bay. Working in the Packers' explosive offense, Westbrook might be able to have a decent bounce back season in 2010. Packers don't seem 100 percent happy with Grant, this seems like a good fit for Westy
I don't think this would hurt Grant much. Westbrook would be strictly a 3rd down back in my mind.

Brian Westbrook, RB, Philadelphia Eagles Tuesday 4/13, 8:55 AM CT ESPN's Adam Schefter has confirmed that the Packers have been in contact with free agent running back Brian Westbrook. Our View: Schefter says the two sides have had "preliminary" talks regarding Westbrook coming to Green Bay. Working in the Packers' explosive offense, Westbrook might be able to have a decent bounce back season in 2010. Packers don't seem 100 percent happy with Grant, this seems like a good fit for Westy
I don't think this would hurt Grant much. Westbrook would be strictly a 3rd down back in my mind.
Agree. It would hurt brandon Jackson more.

Agree. It would hurt brandon Jackson more.
How much further down can Jackson really go, though...?

Brian Westbrook, RB, Philadelphia Eagles Tuesday 4/13, 8:55 AM CT Working in the Packers' explosive offense, Westbrook might be able to have a decent bounce back season in 2010.
The Westbrook you once knew is a shell of his former self in terms of football ability. Whichever team he signs for, he'll be used as a 3rd down back unless he comes in due to those in front of him getting injured. The guy has concussion problems and knee (swelling) issues and can't be counted on to be in the game nearly as much as he used to.Don't look for a bounce back season from this vet.

As a Packers fan AND a Grant owner, I'd welcome Westbrook with open arms. The Packers used Jackson and Ahman Green as change of pace backs. Although Green's attitude was inspiring (and he did have a handful of impressive runs), the team needs a more legitimate option to shake things up. I would love to see Westbrook be given a shot, but I'm somewhat skeptical about how much Westbrook still has to offer.

I don't think the Packers are unhappy with Grant. He looked like the Grant of 2007 during the second half of the season last year. At times, I was shocked to see the uncharacteristic explosiveness he showed. He even seemed to have a second gear that was absolutely missing in 2008 and for the first half of 2009. I'm not saying Grant is the long term solution in Green Bay... he's probably looking at a useful shelf life of about two more years.

I am a Packers fan and I would have to say 'meh' in terms of fantasy value. It looks to me like he is close to done, if he makes the team, he would have a similar impact to Ahman Green last year, pretty good team guy who will not screw up his role, but not a player to have on our fantasy team unless you have run out of options.

Users who are viewing this thread