What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grisly scene on my front lawn (1 Viewer)

Have to agree with those saying "coyote" here. Not uncommon in suburban areas.Did you ask around to see if anyone lost a dog?
No, I haven't had the time to do it this week. I still don't know many of my neighbors, so I thought I might talk to a couple that I do know this weekend to see if they might know whose dog it was. In response to another poster, I placed all of the bits and pieces that I could find in a plastic bag that I threw in the garbage (which was picked up on Wednesday). I thought about a burial, but didn't want any Pet Cemetery shenanigans going on.

It could be a sick prank where some kids found the parts and dumped them on your lawn. They seem to find stuff like that funny these days.

Another ominous discovery in my driveway this morning...Pic 1Pic 2Pic 3(all of the same piece of evidence)
and you claim to have been out all day this time as well?
I think this was "placed" on my property Thursday night/Friday morning. I thought I noticed it Friday night when I came home from work, but it was already dark and I didn't want to disturb any evidence until the morning light. This was a pretty large bone and gnawed clean. Someone had a nice meal. I'm miffed why my front lawn is the desired dining spot. There are no trees for cover and I have the motion sensor lights that come on if anything is moving out there. It's brazen.

I walked out my front door yesterday morning and discovered two severed dog paws, a dog's leg (gnawed to the bone), and half a dog's head (partially gnawed). Presumably the parts were from the same dog.It was pretty unsettling. I don't think the dog was roadkill... I live on a cul de sac, so I don't have cars speeding through and there would have been more of the dog left. Judging by how cleanly the leg bone was exposed, I would say something attacked this dog for food and left some of the scraps on my yard. Maybe coyotes? We have some a couple miles away, but I didn't think they ventured into my immediate neighborhood (they live in a giant nature preserve that's surrounded by fairly dense suburban tracts... probably a dozen blocks away).What else could have done something like this? :unsure: :scared: (Note: I wasn't home for much of yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to ask my neighbors. I just moved in a couple months ago and am a little concerned that they might think I'm some paganist.)
Grizzly Bear? Polar Bear? Killer Whale? Bull Shark? Tiger Shark? Great White Shark? Wolverine? Honey Badger? Hyena? Where do you live so I can narrow it down.
Orange County, California... about a mile away from here.
Mike Ness wanted a midnight snack.

Update: I woke up this morning to find half of a cat in the front yard. Poor thing.

Coyotes are ####ing savage.

Wtf do you live zed? I'm right on the canyon and never get any of these kinds of. Scenes.
Over in Costa Mesa Heights/Eastside Costa Mesa... couple blocks from Hi-Times and probably at least a mile (through dense suburbia) from Back Bay where these guys live.

I live on a cul de sac with a big front yard and a front light that stays on all night and gets extra bright when tripped by the motion sensor. Apparently the coyotes like the visibility when dining.

My daughter just discovered the heart and some other organ on our driveway and my next-door neighbor's yard. "Daddy, we have a problem out here!!!"

:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread