What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tense interaction with a dog owner in a bar on my birthday - Photo of dog added to post 1 (1 Viewer)

Who was in the wrong?

• I was in the wrong because I didn't listen to and obey the dog owner's wishes

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • The dog owner was in the wrong for bringing his dog in there in the first place

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • Both you and the owner were partially wrong

Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Nobody did anything wrong

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Happy Birthday Willie

Votes: 57 62.6%

• Total voters
Here’s a take on the “owner’s a douche” comments: he may have been ex-military, cop, etc. Lots of veterans have companion/comfort dogs nowadays due to PTSD, discharge, etc and that’s their “safe space.” In some ways, the dog helps keep their triggers at bay, and because of this they’re super protective of their pets.

If that’s the case, I could see the guy being tepid when you asked to pet the dog, and then flashing on you for what seemed like no real reason. Sounds like the guy got upset because he felt like you were in HIS space (around his dog.)

Either way, I don’t see you being in the wrong here if you asked permission before petting and he obliged. Especially if he put his dog on a pedestal for everyone to see.

You didn’t feel you did anything wrong but you apologized just to smooth things over. IMO, you’re good.

Last edited:
Here’s a take on the “owner’s a douche” comments: he may have been ex-military, cop, etc. Lots of veterans have companion/comfort dogs nowadays due to PTSD, discharge, etc and that’s their “safe space.” In some ways, the dog helps keep their triggers at bay, and because of this they’re super protective of their pets.

If that’s the case, I could see the guy being tepid when you asked to pet the dog, and then flashing on you for what seemed like no real reason. Sounds like the guy got upset because he felt like you were in HIS space (around his dog.)

Either way, I don’t see you being in the wrong here if you asked permission before petting and he obliged. Especially if he put his dog on a pedestal for everyone to see.

You didn’t feel you did anything wrong but you apologized just to smooth things over. IMO, you’re good.
I think Tusken Raider is on to something here and I may just have cracked the case. When you hear Dalmatian your first thought is the Disney movie right? But, what's your 2nd thought? Fire station, right?
So, I'm thinking hipster is a firefighter that doesn't get along with the other guys in the house. So,after fighting a big blaze, he takes the fire house dog for drinks. He just fought a big fire,so that explains his surly behavior to Willie. He's protective of the dog because it's his only friend. Honestly this could be a movie script. Turner & Hooch meets Backdraft!

P.S. I was going to suggest Willie sleep with the hipster's wife. But, the dude is in a bar with a Dalmatian on the stool next to him. That's not screaming wife at home to me.

I think Tusken Raider is on to something here and I may just have cracked the case. When you hear Dalmatian your first thought is the Disney movie right? But, what's your 2nd thought? Fire station, right?
So, I'm thinking hipster is a firefighter that doesn't get along with the other guys in the house. So,after fighting a big blaze, he takes the fire house dog for drinks. He just fought a big fire,so that explains his surly behavior to Willie. He's protective of the dog because it's his only friend. Honestly this could be a movie script. Turner & Hooch meets Backdraft!

P.S. I was going to suggest Willie sleep with the hipster's wife. But, the dude is in a bar with a Dalmatian on the stool next to him. That's not screaming wife at home to me.
Nope. Hipster had a big beard. Fire fighters can't have big beards due to respirator/SCBA requirements.

I still very much think that the person/entity most at fault here is the bar. I really feel like that should have been one of the options to choose from. Even the ADA (American disability act) doesn’t allow for service dogs to sit on chairs or tables. That dog needed to be on the floor or under the table. I’d bet that having that dog sitting there violated several health codes. It also opened up the flood gates to make that dog an attention grabbing spectacle. Don’t get me wrong—hipster still should have handled things better—but he probably felt like he could get away with anything being that he was allowed to prop up his dog on a stool in a busy bar.

I still very much think that the person/entity most at fault here is the bar. I really feel like that should have been one of the options to choose from. Even the ADA (American disability act) doesn’t allow for service dogs to sit on chairs or tables. That dog needed to be on the floor or under the table. I’d bet that having that dog sitting there violated several health codes. It also opened up the flood gates to make that dog an attention grabbing spectacle. Don’t get me wrong—hipster still should have handled things better—but he probably felt like he could get away with anything being that he was allowed to prop up his dog on a stool in a busy bar.
He felt like he could get away with yelling at another guest because the bar allowed his dog to be on a stool?

Fact is, having service dogs in restaurants isn't going anywhere. The real ones you generally aren't supposed to mess with, and the fake ones, like genetically modified mini-dalmatians (who will die early because humans ****ed with their genes so they look cuter) are going to be attached to entitled toolbox owners, who would love nothing more than for you to refuse them service, thus making your dog-hating bar go viral.

I know others think they have cracked the case but I think I really have.

Hipster liberated a firehouse dog from the firehouse he found him at. Went to the bar to celebrate with the dog regarding his new found freedom. Feared that you were trying to surreptitiously take a saliva sample from the dog to test its DNA and reap the hefty reward the firehouse is offering to get their dog back.

-QG

Nope. Hipster had a big beard. Fire fighters can't have big beards due to respirator/SCBA requirements.
Pfft. Details. In Hollywood they don't worry about things like facts. They'll use CGI or green screen or something to get around this.
I'm still developing my script and I'll be laughing when I collect my Oscar. I'll thank Willie in my acceptance speech.

He felt like he could get away with yelling at another guest because the bar allowed his dog to be on a stool?

Fact is, having service dogs in restaurants isn't going anywhere. The real ones you generally aren't supposed to mess with, and the fake ones, like genetically modified mini-dalmatians (who will die early because humans ****ed with their genes so they look cuter) are going to be attached to entitled toolbox owners, who would love nothing more than for you to refuse them service, thus making your dog-hating bar go viral.
Service dogs in restaurants is fine and allowed as long as the dogs aren’t on chairs or tables. The Disability Act clearly states that. I have no problem with dogs in restaurants as long as they are in outdoor areas or on the ground. Yes—I do believe that when a customer is clearly allowed to break rules within an establishment that they feel entitled and enabled to push the boundaries on their attitude and behavior. Being a manager of a business for 29 years—I can tell you that firsthand—the more you let customers get away with—the more emboldened and entitled they become. I had a nice client that texted me in a panic saying that they needed something urgent on a Sunday (and we are closed on Sundays). He sounded like he was in a bind, so I agreed to come in and help him as a one time deal as a thank you for his business over the years. It was the worst thing I could have done. From that moment forward—he would routinely text me about coming in before or after business hours or on Sundays. That’s just one example of many dozens that I can give you of how bending the rules a bit for a patron leads to them thinking that they can get away with more. If an employee at the bar told the hipster that his dog couldn’t be on the stool or table—I assure you that the odds of this interaction happening would be greatly reduced or non-existent.

Service dogs in restaurants is fine and allowed as long as the dogs aren’t on chairs or tables. The Disability Act clearly states that. I have no problem with dogs in restaurants as long as they are in outdoor areas or on the ground. Yes—I do believe that when a customer is clearly allowed to break rules within an establishment that they feel entitled and enabled to push the boundaries on their attitude and behavior. Being a manager of a business for 29 years—I can tell you that firsthand—the more you let customers get away with—the more emboldened and entitled they become. I had a nice client that texted me in a panic saying that they needed something urgent on a Sunday (and we are closed on Sundays). He sounded like he was in a bind, so I agreed to come in and help him as a one time deal as a thank you for his business over the years. It was the worst thing I could have done. From that moment forward—he would routinely text me about coming in before or after business hours or on Sundays. That’s just one example of many dozens that I can give you of how bending the rules a bit for a patron leads to them thinking that they can get away with more. If an employee at the bar told the hipster that his dog couldn’t be on the stool or table—I assure you that the odds of this interaction happening would be greatly reduced or non-existent.
You are saying the manager needs to close the barn door. I'm saying the horse is stolen already.

People expect to be able to bring their little dogs everywhere already.

I put my original post into ChatGPT and asked it to write a poem about it:

In a cozy bar's embrace, friends gathered 'round,
Celebrating your day with laughter's sweet sound.
Amidst the mirth and the clinking of glasses,
An unexpected guest, a dog of spots and dashes.

The dalmatian sat regally upon a barstool,
Its cuteness capturing hearts, a charming jewel.
Amidst the revelry, you couldn't resist its charm,
And asked the owner for a gentle petting arm.

In the haze of drinks, you missed a word or two,
Unaware of the owner's request, you continued to pursue.
The dog leaned in close, its tongue out in jest,
But no contact was made, you kept your distance, your zest.

Suddenly, the owner's voice pierced the air,
A stern command, a disapproving glare.
Misunderstanding arose, confusion in the scene,
Apologies spilled forth, trying to keep things serene.

In the light of day, with a clearer mind,
Reflection takes hold, a hint of guilt to find.
Did you disrespect the owner and his faithful friend?
Or was it a mere misstep, a momentary blend?

You ponder the situation, its complexities unfold,
The bar's pet-friendly embrace, a story yet untold.
The dog, well-behaved, a gentle soul indeed,
As a dog owner's perspective is what you need.

My birthday was this weekend and I was lucky enough to hang out with some friends all day Saturday. At the end of the day we decided to go to a local bar for a couple of nightcaps and a little food. We sit down and had a great time. At the far corner of the bar someone has brought their dog in and he (the dog) is sitting on one of the corner bar stools. It's a cute little dalmatian. We look at it and laugh at how cute the thing is sitting there at the bar. After an hour or two we are done and get up to leave. I have to pass by the dog and his owner on my way out. Well after a few drinks I can't resist and ask if I can pet the dog. The owner says sure and then something else but I honestly didn't hear anything after the sure part and went to pet the dog. The dog obviously likes to be pet and sticks his face up near mine (he's still sitting in a tall bar stool) and his tongue comes out for dog kisses or whatever. My face is close to the dog but we don't make contact. I'm a closet germaphobe and would never touch my mouth to a dog's mouth. I'm petting him for like 3-4 seconds maybe. After the 3-4 seconds the dog owner sternly says something to the effect of "Hey! I told you not to make contact with his mouth!" He's standing right there looking super miffed. I immediately stop petting the dog and apologize to the owner. i say something like "I"m sorry, I didn't hear you say that but I definitely didn't let the dog lick my face." He's super pissed off. He's a hipster type with large, perfectly manicured beard. I kind of say sorry again and walk out. My friends ask what that was all about and I say I wasn't completely sure as it happened so fast. Something about the dog's mouth. We had been drinking for a while and I wasn't 100% sober but I wasn't drunk either. We get in our Uber and that's the end of it.

So I wake up the yesterday morning and I feel bad about the situation. It's a bar that I really like going to and had a great time up to the last 5-10 seconds. Am I right to feel guilty about the situation? Did I disrespect the dog's owner by not keeping my distance from the dog's face while petting him? Is the owner in the wrong for bringing his dog inside a bar to interact with not completely sober, old people? I guess the bar has become more pet friendly with new ownership as they put in an outside patio and encouraged people to bring their dogs but this dog was inside the place sitting on a bar chair. I fairness to the dog he was extremely well behaved and a total sweetheart. I've never owned a dog so I'm wondering what dog owners here think of what happened? Was I disrespectful? That was the first negative social experience I've had in many years and I gotta say I feel a little bad about it still.

I hate dogs being on bar stools at the bar or in any place that serves food and drinks, just not into them
-This would turn out differently if it were me. I look for establishments where dogs are not welcome in that fashion.

I had an incident trying to enter a salad and smoothie shop the other day with a hipster doofus and a pit bull or something similar on a leash but not anywhere close to the owner and he wouldn't pull it back when I asked him if he would allow me to pass on the narrow sidewalk into the front door...something about "You're good!" and that just didn't sit well with me, words were exchanged for sure but I saw this thread title and was curious what transpired.

-Just to be fair, I do like cats an awful lot and have heard about "Cat bars" especially throughout Asia and I would enjoy having a drink in one of them. I guess I am more a cat person however i do not own any animals whatsoever, not a pet person in general.

31.7% agree with me and just judging by the number of folks piling in here to see why this is getting bumped, I knew a Willie thread was the way to go
I have not read past the OP, pretty sure I'm gonna not like some of these posts.

-Updated: Wrong as could be, a lot of folks don't seem to enjoy looking at dogs in public bars/restaurants

i voted both partially wrong, owner should've made sure you heard him say not get close to his mouth and if you didn't hear everything he said you should have asked him to repeat it.

Or just mind your business. You don't have to stop and pet every dog you see.

A dog actually sitting on a barstool is a bit much, but I fully support dog friendly restaurants. It's an odd take to hear people say that dog friendly bars are gross because everyone who owns a dog and has it in their house essentially has the same thing going on in their house. Do you also refuse to visit family/friends and eat with them if they have a dog?

A dog actually sitting on a barstool is a bit much, but I fully support dog friendly restaurants. It's an odd take to hear people say that dog friendly bars are gross because everyone who owns a dog and has it in their house essentially has the same thing going on in their house. Do you also refuse to visit family/friends and eat with them if they have a dog?

I don't trust anybody who isn't a dog person. They're the kind of people who refuse to be organ donors. The worst.

I don't trust anybody who isn't a dog person. They're the kind of people who refuse to be organ donors. The worst.
All the likes

My birthday was this weekend and I was lucky enough to hang out with some friends all day Saturday. At the end of the day we decided to go to a local bar for a couple of nightcaps and a little food. We sit down and had a great time. At the far corner of the bar someone has brought their dog in and he (the dog) is sitting on one of the corner bar stools. It's a cute little dalmatian. We look at it and laugh at how cute the thing is sitting there at the bar. After an hour or two we are done and get up to leave. I have to pass by the dog and his owner on my way out. Well after a few drinks I can't resist and ask if I can pet the dog. The owner says sure and then something else but I honestly didn't hear anything after the sure part and went to pet the dog. The dog obviously likes to be pet and sticks his face up near mine (he's still sitting in a tall bar stool) and his tongue comes out for dog kisses or whatever. My face is close to the dog but we don't make contact. I'm a closet germaphobe and would never touch my mouth to a dog's mouth. I'm petting him for like 3-4 seconds maybe. After the 3-4 seconds the dog owner sternly says something to the effect of "Hey! I told you not to make contact with his mouth!" He's standing right there looking super miffed. I immediately stop petting the dog and apologize to the owner. i say something like "I"m sorry, I didn't hear you say that but I definitely didn't let the dog lick my face." He's super pissed off. He's a hipster type with large, perfectly manicured beard. I kind of say sorry again and walk out. My friends ask what that was all about and I say I wasn't completely sure as it happened so fast. Something about the dog's mouth. We had been drinking for a while and I wasn't 100% sober but I wasn't drunk either. We get in our Uber and that's the end of it.

So I wake up the yesterday morning and I feel bad about the situation. It's a bar that I really like going to and had a great time up to the last 5-10 seconds. Am I right to feel guilty about the situation? Did I disrespect the dog's owner by not keeping my distance from the dog's face while petting him? Is the owner in the wrong for bringing his dog inside a bar to interact with not completely sober, old people? I guess the bar has become more pet friendly with new ownership as they put in an outside patio and encouraged people to bring their dogs but this dog was inside the place sitting on a bar chair. I fairness to the dog he was extremely well behaved and a total sweetheart. I've never owned a dog so I'm wondering what dog owners here think of what happened? Was I disrespectful? That was the first negative social experience I've had in many years and I gotta say I feel a little bad about it still.

I hate dogs being on bar stools at the bar or in any place that serves food and drinks, just not into them
-This would turn out differently if it were me. I look for establishments where dogs are not welcome in that fashion.

I had an incident trying to enter a salad and smoothie shop the other day with a hipster doofus and a pit bull or something similar on a leash but not anywhere close to the owner and he wouldn't pull it back when I asked him if he would allow me to pass on the narrow sidewalk into the front door...something about "You're good!" and that just didn't sit well with me, words were exchanged for sure but I saw this thread title and was curious what transpired.

-Just to be fair, I do like cats an awful lot and have heard about "Cat bars" especially throughout Asia and I would enjoy having a drink in one of them. I guess I am more a cat person however i do not own any animals whatsoever, not a pet person in general.
What...
You...
I just...

:sigh:

What...
You...
I just...

MOP....the ORIGINAL AI bot writer.

I've been in some homes with dogs that were GD disgusting.

And so have you

What...
You...
I just...

MOP....the ORIGINAL AI bot writer.
I assume you're asking about maximizing profits by choosing the right size pizza to sell, not literally measuring an existing pizza. Here are two main approaches to consider:

1. Area-to-price ratio:

• Calculate the area of different pizza sizes (pi * radius^2).
  • Divide the area by the corresponding price for each size.
  • Choose the pizza size with the highest area-to-price ratio. This means you're getting the most pizza area for your money, potentially leading to higher profits.
2. Ingredient cost and waste minimization:

• Analyze the amount of dough, toppings, and other ingredients used for different pizza sizes.
  • Consider the amount of leftover crust or unused toppings for each size.
  • Aim to choose a size that balances portion size with minimizing ingredient waste. This can help reduce costs and improve profit margins.
Here are some additional factors to consider:

• Customer preferences: Conduct surveys or analyze sales data to see what sizes your customers typically order.
  • Competition: Research what pizza sizes your competitors offer and how their prices compare.
  • Production efficiency: Some sizes may be easier or faster to prepare than others, impacting labor costs.
Ultimately, the best way to measure a round pizza for maximum profits depends on your specific business goals and circumstances. It's important to consider all relevant factors and test different options to find the optimal size for your pizzeria.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

And so have you

There are no disgusting dogs. Just disgusting dog owners. Off, you can make love.

We've fostered 5 dogs since our Boxer died. 4 were pit bull or pit bull mix. One was incredibly sweet, but she somehow developed separation anxiety in less than a week. Couldn't stand to be away from my wife for 5 mins. Half Boxer, too, with the cutest face. Hated letting that one go.

One was TOO affectionate. I love dogs, but there's such a thing as too much dog slobber, especially on your face. Really sweet dog, though.

One was an 11 week old puppy, so everyone just say, "Awww" and I'll move on.

The last one was a 1 year old. He was insane. And given what happened to him, he probably should have been. He had probably never been socialized. Same oral fixation as the 11 week old. Except a 1 year old pit bull has developed teeth. And a strong jaw. And this dog had a foot fetish. You couldn't walk 10 feet without him diving mouth-first at your ankles/feet. And if it hurt me, I can only imagine how it felt to my teen daughter.

There was no correcting, distracting, positive reinforcement, physical separation, etc that would get this dog to stop. He'd just escalate and get worse and worse the more you corrected him.

Now extend all of that to house training, where he was equally unwilling to accept training attempts and equally orally fixated. All I can say is, while I generally agree with you GM, some dogs can be pretty disgusting regardless of "owner's" attempts.

I’m a dog person. But I only have one dog and I know that it is clean and doesn’t have fleas. I don’t necessarily know that a dog friendly restaurant that has a couple dozen unknown dogs in there on a daily basis can say the same thing. So while I support an establishment’s right be dog friendly and the right of patrons to choose whether they want to go there, I’m not sure your comparison is apples to apples.

If you ask a dog owner if you can pet their animal and DON’T listen to their instructions and then DON’T follow their instructions, expect them to get angry.
Having said that, the hipster doofus needs taken down a peg or two.

And so have you
Something tells me those houses would be disgusting even if they did not have a dog.

And so have you
Something tells me those houses would be disgusting even if they did not have a dog.
100% true. Dogs can make a mess, the humans have to clean it up. The people would have a slightly less disgusting house if they didn't have dogs.

And so have you
Those homes would be disgusting anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread