What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gronk broken forearm? (2 Viewers)

Oh, and as been mentioned many, many times over, there is no such thing as "Running up the score" in the NFL. It's laughable every time I see some nimrod post that. Running up the score against professional millionaires who can't do their jobs well enough to stop it. Too funny.
:goodposting:

I don't get the hate. Gronk was on the sidelines for the TD drive. He came back in for the XP. People saying he shouldn't have... How many players can you name that have gotten hurt on XPs? And more importantly, how many teams do you think have 1st and 2nd team XP squads? It's not like you just start sending in the reserve XP squad once you're ahead by a certain amount.

Gronk's injury is unfortunate. I own him in more leagues than not, and this is a blow. I'm not going to start mindlessly lashing out at everyone involved about it, though. It's a freak injury. There's no more blame to be assigned than if he'd gotten hurt on a game-winning kneel down.
:goodposting: Good point.
I know of a player who got hurt, his name is Gronk.To agree that the star player should be in on the extra point while up that much, shows someones lack of understanding of the game, IMHO.
Well yeah, yours to be more specific.

I also have no problem with the Pats going full board all the way through the game, as their MO all season is to get a big lead only to have teams come back on them in the 4th. Everyone should want to see their team going all out, on every play no matter the score.
You have to admit that it's a risk-reward proposition. By keeping your starters in well past when a reasonable comeback could remotely be anticipated, you are taking a risk that you lose a key player for an extended period of time. You have to weigh that against the potential reward of keeping them in.In this instance, I can't see the reward in keeping Brady, Gronk, etc. in at that point in the game. Yes, there was a very remote possibility that the Colts could pull together a few miracle drives to get back into it...but that's a risk I would guess most teams would be willing to take for the benefit of keeping your studs healthy.Belichek decided to take that risk and lost the bet.

At some point the truth about "when" the injury happened will come out ... Judging by the replay, it wasn't during the XP try.

The TD catch with 3:00 left in the 3rd qtr you could see Gronkowski fall with his hip landing directly on his right forearm. Check it out.

I can't find any reports saying which arm he broke ... but my money is it is his right arm and done on that play.

He caught one more pass after that play.

So how/why did he stay in the game with a broken arm?

I broke my forearm the exact same way crashing a dirtbike. Hip on arm. My arm throbbed but I had no idea it was broken. I rode about 4 miles home thinking it was just a bad bruise.

I wasn't until after I got home and took my gear off and saw the arm bent and became nauseous.

I actually broke my forearm playing flag football many years ago. It was just a hairline break. I kept playing and didn't even realize anything was wrong until about an hour after I got home. Adreneline is a powerful thing.

My arm turned purple and it hurt like hell for maybe a week. If it is just a hairline fracture, he may not be out all that long. I wouldn't cut him just yet. Wait and see.

I also have no problem with the Pats going full board all the way through the game, as their MO all season is to get a big lead only to have teams come back on them in the 4th. Everyone should want to see their team going all out, on every play no matter the score.
You have to admit that it's a risk-reward proposition. By keeping your starters in well past when a reasonable comeback could remotely be anticipated, you are taking a risk that you lose a key player for an extended period of time. You have to weigh that against the potential reward of keeping them in.In this instance, I can't see the reward in keeping Brady, Gronk, etc. in at that point in the game. Yes, there was a very remote possibility that the Colts could pull together a few miracle drives to get back into it...but that's a risk I would guess most teams would be willing to take for the benefit of keeping your studs healthy.Belichek decided to take that risk and lost the bet.
Brady and Gronk were only in for two series in the 4th. Are we blaming the Pats defense and special teams for scoring 3 TD's?

I don't get the hate. Gronk was on the sidelines for the TD drive. He came back in for the XP. People saying he shouldn't have... How many players can you name that have gotten hurt on XPs? And more importantly, how many teams do you think have 1st and 2nd team XP squads? It's not like you just start sending in the reserve XP squad once you're ahead by a certain amount.

Gronk's injury is unfortunate. I own him in more leagues than not, and this is a blow. I'm not going to start mindlessly lashing out at everyone involved about it, though. It's a freak injury. There's no more blame to be assigned than if he'd gotten hurt on a game-winning kneel down.
I know of a player who got hurt, his name is Gronk.To agree that the star player should be in on the extra point while up that much, shows someones lack of understanding of the game, IMHO.
Wow, how arrogant of you. You're implying Belichick lacks understanding of the game? He agree's that a star player should be in then... gotta say I'd side with his understanding of the game over yours any day.
Its not about siding, it's logic, common sense, you know--- those things.

At some point the truth about "when" the injury happened will come out ... Judging by the replay, it wasn't during the XP try.

The TD catch with 3:00 left in the 3rd qtr you could see Gronkowski fall with his hip landing directly on his right forearm. Check it out.

I can't find any reports saying which arm he broke ... but my money is it is his right arm and done on that play.

He caught one more pass after that play.

So how/why did he stay in the game with a broken arm?

I broke my forearm the exact same way crashing a dirtbike. Hip on arm. My arm throbbed but I had no idea it was broken. I rode about 4 miles home thinking it was just a bad bruise.

I wasn't until after I got home and took my gear off and saw the arm bent and became nauseous.
I actually broke my forearm playing flag football many years ago. It was just a hairline break. I kept playing and didn't even realize anything was wrong until about an hour after I got home. Adreneline is a powerful thing.

My arm turned purple and it hurt like hell for maybe a week. If it is just a hairline fracture, he may not be out all that long. I wouldn't cut him just yet. Wait and see.
My point being ... all this talk about "leaving him in the game, bla, bla, bla" is not warranted as he was injured with his team only being up by 14 pts in the 3rd qtr (I strongly suspect).

Wow, how arrogant of you. You're implying Belichick lacks understanding of the game? He agree's that a star player should be in then... gotta say I'd side with his understanding of the game over yours any day.
If you're playing the logic card, then you'd agree that having Gronk in there is no big deal. Do you understand what the term trivial means? That describes his chances of getting injured on that play. Belichick knows this and didn't say to himself, "Damn Gronk might just break his arm on this extra point attempt better bench him". You're using results based thinking, rather than expectation based thinking - that's why BB is coaching SB teams and you're not.

Which you obviously have none of. You're not even bright enough to know you're embarrassing yourself here.

Silly me, I thought I might find some info as to who emerges from this situation. Shancoe, Hoomawhatever or someone else. You know, stuff worth reading....

Brady and Gronk were only in for two series in the 4th. Are we blaming the Pats defense and special teams for scoring 3 TD's?
There were only two series in the 4th (except the kneel downs at the end)...which means they effectively played the entire game.

How did he lose the bet?? Gronk would've been in there on the PAT no matter what the score was. There are no 2nd stringers on the PAT team. It's not like he was out there with 2 min left in the 4th quarter and got injured making a diving catch.

Last edited by a moderator:
It really is kinda sad how badly certain folks will stretch reality to find any reason at all to mock Belechick. :lmao:

I wouldn't imagine going through life letting a coach of an opposition's football team consume me to that extent. :loco:

If it's common sense why is it that there are a grand total of zero NFL teams with a "2nd Team PA Kick" squad?I mean... I understand "Common" sense to be just that. Perhaps you have some newfangled definition that you can share with the rest of us.

FWIW: Drayton Florence had the same injury in Week 2 and was able to return to action for the first time today. :shrug:
what is this...week 11? so a 9 week time-table? That would put Gronk back in time for the Super Bowl, right?
He'll be fully healed on his couch with Brady sitting next to him saying "Pass the popcorn...how many times do you think Julius Peppers will sack Schaub?"
Brady's reply would be "Zero. You Idiot. Peppers and Bears got knocked out of the playoffs in the wild card round."

Silly me, I thought I might find some info as to who emerges from this situation. Shancoe, Hoomawhatever or someone else. You know, stuff worth reading....
Here's a question - are owners dropping Gronk? Or not?Anyone worried he gets wheeled out with some bionic forearm or something in the FF playoffs?

NFL.com's Albert Breer expects Rob Gronkowski (broken left forearm) to push for a Week 14 return.The Patriots have a critical two-game swing with the Texans and 49ers beginning in Week 14, but that would have Gronk missing just two games despite being given a 4-8 week timetable. It's doubtful he'll be ready for Houston, but if he is, it means he'd be a go for the fantasy playoffs. We would say a clearer idea of Gronk's timeline should emerge in the coming days, but then again, we're talking about the Patriots. What we do know is that Gronk can be safely ruled out for Thanksgiving. Nov 19 - 3:14 PMSource: Albert Breer on Twitter
2 weeks sounds very quick, but I guess it might be possible with a cast/brace. Anyone trying to trade for him?

Here's a question - are owners dropping Gronk? Or not?Anyone worried he gets wheeled out with some bionic forearm or something in the FF playoffs?
I'd drop him if I had him.As for who will/could emerge, I think we saw what they have in Hooman or whatever nickname is, and it's not much. Ditto Fells. They only one who I think is worth a speculative add is Shiancoe. Assuming he's fully healthy, I expect him to be in on most 2 TE sets with AH. Whether or not that translates to fantasy points, I don't know, but he's certainly the most talented of the non All Pros.

Just like I said previously, if anyone on the Patriots got injured when they were winning the ONLY people who would complain would be non Patriots fans. After the Patriots have demonstrated a capacity for blowing huge leads, no one in the New England area will mind if they keep their foot on the pedal... in fact, people would be more upset at a loss because of letting up than anything.

Just like I said previously, if anyone on the Patriots got injured when they were winning the ONLY people who would complain would be non Patriots fans. After the Patriots have demonstrated a capacity for blowing huge leads, no one in the New England area will mind if they keep their foot on the pedal... in fact, people would be more upset at a loss because of letting up than anything.
Exactly. In all their losses they went into their shell and blew it. Can't do that with this defense.Go for the jugular. And send a message to a potential playoff opponent at the same time.As for losing Gronk, players get seriously hurt in practice. Or, having their spouses mishandle kitchen utensils. It happens.As BB would say, "Football players play."

It really is kinda sad how badly certain folks will stretch reality to find any reason at all to mock Belechick. :lmao: I wouldn't imagine going through life letting a coach of an opposition's football team consume me to that extent. :loco:
I don't think you follow the general perception. I think BB is a fine coach. I am a Cowboys fan so I could care less about what happens to the Patriots unless Dallas is playing them. In fact I think BB is one of the better coaches of our generation. I just know if I am coaching and my team is up 4 tds late 3rd/early 4th quarter, guys like Gronk and Brady are sitting their asses down. I would have a check list of players that need to grab some pine.If Gronk misses significant time, that can do major damage to the Patriots playoff situation. End a Super Bowl run.I just think some coaches, not just BB lack some ####### common sense.

It really is kinda sad how badly certain folks will stretch reality to find any reason at all to mock Belechick. :lmao:

I wouldn't imagine going through life letting a coach of an opposition's football team consume me to that extent. :loco:
I don't think you follow the general perception. I think BB is a fine coach. I am a Cowboys fan so I could care less about what happens to the Patriots unless Dallas is playing them. In fact I think BB is one of the better coaches of our generation. I just know if I am coaching and my team is up 4 tds late 3rd/early 4th quarter, guys like Gronk and Brady are sitting their asses down. I would have a check list of players that need to grab some pine.If Gronk misses significant time, that can do major damage to the Patriots playoff situation. End a Super Bowl run.

I just think some coaches, not just BB lack some ####### common sense.
Common sense seems to be a term people are throwing out here a lot. How common are injuries during PAT? If you think Belichick was concerned about Gronk potentially getting injured, it's obvious that he wasn't worried at all since he put him in. The chances of any single player getting injured on that play were unbelievably marginal, and pointing to the fact that Gronk DID get injured still does not change the fact that players rarely get injured during PAT. You're hammering on this one data point as some sort of knock against what BB did when the history of the game has shown what he did (send in his PAT starters, with no expectation of them getting injured) was the correct move without a doubt.Belichick has stated previously he doesn't like PAT because of the risk they have and their minimal impact on the game. http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4700690/belichick-why-bother-with-p-a-t. Even despite that, he will not have a backup PAT team, ever. Why? He has other game related things to worry about than the fractions of a percentage chance that one of his starters might get injured on special teams.

As for Gronk coming back early....I can't see the Patriots pushing him if they have a comfortable lead in the division. Look how careful they have been with Hernandez. They will want Gronk healthy for the playoffs.

Now as for BB leaving his guys in...maybe it really wasn't the case yesterday (depending on when and where Gronk was actually hurt) but BB has been known to leave his guys in during a blowout, and it was only a matter of time before someone major was hurt. I know people want to give the excuse of the Patriots blowing leads, but lets face it, BB has been doing this since way back when the Patriots were just starting to win superbowls.

That is his style of coaching. If he gets the praise when it is successful, then he needs to get the criticism when it blows up in his face.

As for Gronk coming back early....I can't see the Patriots pushing him if they have a comfortable lead in the division. Look how careful they have been with Hernandez. They will want Gronk healthy for the playoffs.Now as for BB leaving his guys in...maybe it really wasn't the case yesterday (depending on when and where Gronk was actually hurt) but BB has been known to leave his guys in during a blowout, and it was only a matter of time before someone major was hurt. I know people want to give the excuse of the Patriots blowing leads, but lets face it, BB has been doing this since way back when the Patriots were just starting to win superbowls.That is his style of coaching. If he gets the praise when it is successful, then he needs to get the criticism when it blows up in his face.
Name one game ever where the starters sat for the 4th quarter. Any team, any game. Since so many people are hopping on this, maybe one of you would like to research every NFL blowout, and let me know how many times the starters all sat for the 4th.Brady and co played two series in the 4th, running the ball until they had to throw. Amazing how many people have the same stupid opinion.

Amazing how many idiots in this thread think that Gronk got hurt because he was playing in the 4th quarter of a blowout. He played 2 series at the very beginning of the 4th. He wasn't out there when the Pats scored their first points of the 4th quarter. They brought him back out for the PAT because he's one of their best blockers and they don't have backups on the PAT team. It's as simple as that. A fluke injury. It can happen to any player at any point. Like I said before, its not like he was out there in the middle of the 4th quarter making a diving catch and got hurt.

'Detroit Revival said:
I would expect Hernandez as soon as hes 100% to return to form, I doubt he will be blocking often as he is pretty awful at it.Between Hoomanawanui, Shiancoe and Fells I would expect all 3 to get significant time. All 3 are capable blockers and receivers.Hard to say which will excel, Hoomanawanui is great in the redzone, Shiancoe and Fells are good everywhere else.

'tombonneau said:
'SaintsInDome2006 said:
'Detroit Revival said:
I'd drop him if I had him.As for who will/could emerge, I think we saw what they have in Hooman or whatever nickname is, and it's not much. Ditto Fells. They only one who I think is worth a speculative add is Shiancoe. Assuming he's fully healthy, I expect him to be in on most 2 TE sets with AH. Whether or not that translates to fantasy points, I don't know, but he's certainly the most talented of the non All Pros.
Trade him. Don't drop him. Somebody will take a shot.That said, I'd keep him. Wouldn't be surprised if he found a way to play in Week 14.

'PatsFanCT said:
'Jetdoc said:
'PatsFanCT said:
No, just for having Gronkowski in on the 59th point, and losing him for a month or more. Do try and keep up and keep the outrage and overreaction to a minimum.

'[icon] said:
'Phenix said:
If it's common sense why is it that there are a grand total of zero NFL teams with a "2nd Team PA Kick" squad?I mean... I understand "Common" sense to be just that. Perhaps you have some newfangled definition that you can share with the rest of us.
Sure hope no one on the 1st team ever gets injured in a game then or I guess they'll just have to field 10 players.

'PatsFanCT said:
'Jetdoc said:
'PatsFanCT said:
No, just for having Gronkowski in on the 59th point, and losing him for a month or more. Do try and keep up and keep the outrage and overreaction to a minimum.
Seriously dude, you cannot be that F'ing stupid. Right? For real? Are you just fishing here? I really hope so.

I think we can all blame Bill Belichick for not seizing the opportunity to go for two in that situation to make sure they hit sixty. Or to call Doug Flutie out of the stands to try a drop kick or something like that.

:P

Gronk hurt. Pats fans sad.

I can't help it. If any team or injury situation is amusing -- and it generally isn't -- there's almost a poetic justice to this one.

I think we can all blame Bill Belichick for not seizing the opportunity to go for two in that situation to make sure they hit sixty. Or to call Doug Flutie out of the stands to try a drop kick or something like that. :P Gronk hurt. Pats fans sad. I can't help it. If any team or injury situation is amusing -- and it generally isn't -- there's almost a poetic justice to this one.
I'm a Pats fan and I'm not even sad. Injuries happen bro. I don't think anyone is reasonably sad - the Patriots still have an obscene number of weapons on offense, probably the best O-line in the NFL, and the backup TEs are quite talented themselves. Hernandez and Edelman will change the complexion of the offense for a few weeks (expect more explosive plays from them), and it's not like Ridley/Vereen/Woodhead are not going to still gain loads of yardage on the ground. No Gronk = downgrade for the Patriots offense... but it's not going to be the same impact it would be on another team with lesser offensive talent. Tom Brady is still the QB, and like any HoF QB, he's going to use his still fantastic weapons effectively.

As for Gronk coming back early....I can't see the Patriots pushing him if they have a comfortable lead in the division. Look how careful they have been with Hernandez. They will want Gronk healthy for the playoffs.

Now as for BB leaving his guys in...maybe it really wasn't the case yesterday (depending on when and where Gronk was actually hurt) but BB has been known to leave his guys in during a blowout, and it was only a matter of time before someone major was hurt. I know people want to give the excuse of the Patriots blowing leads, but lets face it, BB has been doing this since way back when the Patriots were just starting to win superbowls.

That is his style of coaching. If he gets the praise when it is successful, then he needs to get the criticism when it blows up in his face.
Name one game ever where the starters sat for the 4th quarter. Any team, any game. Since so many people are hopping on this, maybe one of you would like to research every NFL blowout, and let me know how many times the starters all sat for the 4th.Brady and co played two series in the 4th, running the ball until they had to throw.

Amazing how many people have the same stupid opinion.
This is simply not true.1st-10, NE20 12:32 T. Brady incomplete pass to the left

2nd-7, NE36 10:29 T. Brady passed to W. Welker to the left for 14 yard gain

1st-10, IND39 7:37 T. Brady passed to S. Vereen to the left for 11 yard gain

They ran the ball plenty on the last 2 drives, but they did not run the ball until they had to throw.

I think we can all blame Bill Belichick for not seizing the opportunity to go for two in that situation to make sure they hit sixty. Or to call Doug Flutie out of the stands to try a drop kick or something like that.

I can't help it. If any team or injury situation is amusing -- and it generally isn't -- there's almost a poetic justice to this one.
I'm a Pats fan and I'm not even sad. Injuries happen bro. I don't think anyone is reasonably sad - the Patriots still have an obscene number of weapons on offense, probably the best O-line in the NFL, and the backup TEs are quite talented themselves. Hernandez and Edelman will change the complexion of the offense for a few weeks (expect more explosive plays from them), and it's not like Ridley/Vereen/Woodhead are not going to still gain loads of yardage on the ground. No Gronk = downgrade for the Patriots offense... but it's not going to be the same impact it would be on another team with lesser offensive talent. Tom Brady is still the QB, and like any HoF QB, he's going to use his still fantastic weapons effectively.
They do. The Pats are definitely not as good without their two top tight ends, though. Defenses have to account for those guys every time they're on the field. Now they can focus on stopping other things. Still, I don't think the Pats are going to lose much, given their schedule until the last two games of the year.

They do. The Pats are definitely not as good without their two top tight ends, though. Defenses have to account for those guys every time they're on the field. Now they can focus on stopping other things. Still, I don't think the Pats are going to lose much, given their schedule until the last two games of the year.
Agreed. Patriots are hit much softer by this injury than another team with Gronk would be. He's an incredible weapon but they have a lot of offensive weapons that are fantastic on their own rights (Welker, Hernandez, Ridley, Lloyd, Edelman, Woodhead... even Vereen now). It'll have an effect but they're dropping off from the #1 offense in the NFL - they have some room to comfortably fall.

Name one game ever where the starters sat for the 4th quarter. Any team, any game. Since so many people are hopping on this, maybe one of you would like to research every NFL blowout, and let me know how many times the starters all sat for the 4th.Brady and co played two series in the 4th, running the ball until they had to throw.

Amazing how many people have the same stupid opinion.
This is simply not true.1st-10, NE20 12:32 T. Brady incomplete pass to the left

2nd-7, NE36 10:29 T. Brady passed to W. Welker to the left for 14 yard gain

1st-10, IND39 7:37 T. Brady passed to S. Vereen to the left for 11 yard gain

They ran the ball plenty on the last 2 drives, but they did not run the ball until they had to throw.
:own3d:

I am fine with teams trying to score as much as possible till the game is over (this ain't college ball), but it is simply stupid to keep your stars in the game that late when you are up by 28 points. Saying, "NE is paranoid of blowing another big lead," is a copout. That would be fine if the game was still in reach for their opponent, but when the Patriots got the ball back with 7:37 left and leading by 28, Brady threw the ball on 1st down (proving PatsFanCT dead wrong). Did anyone really think the Colts were gonna come back there? I doubt it. Like I said, I have no problem with a team scoring and scoring, but Gronk's injury is a correlation to the way Belichick plays. Wanna play all-out for 60 minutes, even if you are up 28 with with four minutes? That is fine, but when guys get hurt because you just had to keep going full throttle in that situation, it does call into question how smart it is.

I am fine with teams trying to score as much as possible till the game is over (this ain't college ball), but it is simply stupid to keep your stars in the game that late when you are up by 28 points. Saying, "NE is paranoid of blowing another big lead," is a copout. That would be fine if the game was still in reach for their opponent, but when the Patriots got the ball back with 7:37 left and leading by 28, Brady threw the ball on 1st down (proving PatsFanCT dead wrong). Did anyone really think the Colts were gonna come back there? I doubt it. Like I said, I have no problem with a team scoring and scoring, but Gronk's injury is a correlation to the way Belichick plays. Wanna play all-out for 60 minutes, even if you are up 28 with with four minutes? That is fine, but when guys get hurt because you just had to keep going full throttle in that situation, it does call into question how smart it is.
Ok, guess I didn't remember it that way. I saw a lot of running plays where the Pats normally pass, but you're wrong about everything else you just wrote.

Rob Gronkowski: Bill Belichick explains why he was still in the game

“You only have so many players. You only dress so many players,” he said on WEEI Radio’s “Big Show.” ”Somebody’s got to play. I think you’ve got to be careful when you’re trying to run a team, to go up to one guy and say, ‘Michael, we’re going to leave you in the game because we care about you, but Glenn, we’re going to take you out because you’re really important. You other guys go in there because if something happens to you, we don’t really care.’
I'm sorry, agree or disagree with the overall decision, this is the stupidest justification he could have possibly rolled out. He left Gronk in because he's afraid of hurting the feelings of the guy he'd have to send in to replace him? We're supposed to believe Bill Belichick, a guy with all the emotion of a robot, makes personnel decisions based on feelings? No way.And the whole "you only have so many players" idea is equally dumb. Now that Gronk's out, who's going to sub for him on PATs? Maybe you could have, you know, put that guy in for him last Sunday?

Honestly, I don't think it's a big scandal that Gronk was in, but these explanations are painful.

What's the point of having backup players if you refuse to use them when the game is over?

Some people just don't get it. the XP is the simplest play in all of football. Every team has their XP unit on the field for every XP. Do you guys really think the star players for your favorite team that are on the XP team are on the sideline in a blowout? You're nuts. This isn't about Gronk breaking his arm on a simple XP, it's your hate of BB and the Pats. Why can't you just admit it?

Let's play your game for a moment.

The Pats are up 35 and take all their starters out in the 3rd or 4th. Now you have your 2nd and 3rd stringers playing against the other teams starters. That is when you have injury risks. Now the backup guard, tackle, etc gets hurt, so when your actual starter gets hurt in a game, you have to start a 3rd stringer to protect the QB's blind side.

Point is, football players play football, and you can't predict or worry about injuries. They happen to every team. There was absolutely no reason to bench Gronk on that XP play. None, zero. So get off your high horses and go get a reality check.

Some people just don't get it. the XP is the simplest play in all of football. Every team has their XP unit on the field for every XP. Do you guys really think the star players for your favorite team that are on the XP team are on the sideline in a blowout? You're nuts. This isn't about Gronk breaking his arm on a simple XP, it's your hate of BB and the Pats. Why can't you just admit it?Let's play your game for a moment.The Pats are up 35 and take all their starters out in the 3rd or 4th. Now you have your 2nd and 3rd stringers playing against the other teams starters. That is when you have injury risks. Now the backup guard, tackle, etc gets hurt, so when your actual starter gets hurt in a game, you have to start a 3rd stringer to protect the QB's blind side.Point is, football players play football, and you can't predict or worry about injuries. They happen to every team. There was absolutely no reason to bench Gronk on that XP play. None, zero. So get off your high horses and go get a reality check.
:football:

Rob Gronkowski: Bill Belichick explains why he was still in the game

“You only have so many players. You only dress so many players,” he said on WEEI Radio’s “Big Show.” ”Somebody’s got to play. I think you’ve got to be careful when you’re trying to run a team, to go up to one guy and say, ‘Michael, we’re going to leave you in the game because we care about you, but Glenn, we’re going to take you out because you’re really important. You other guys go in there because if something happens to you, we don’t really care.’
I'm sorry, agree or disagree with the overall decision, this is the stupidest justification he could have possibly rolled out. He left Gronk in because he's afraid of hurting the feelings of the guy he'd have to send in to replace him? We're supposed to believe Bill Belichick, a guy with all the emotion of a robot, makes personnel decisions based on feelings? No way.And the whole "you only have so many players" idea is equally dumb. Now that Gronk's out, who's going to sub for him on PATs? Maybe you could have, you know, put that guy in for him last Sunday?

Honestly, I don't think it's a big scandal that Gronk was in, but these explanations are painful.
You're just not very bright, are you?

Ok, guess I didn't remember it that way. I saw a lot of running plays where the Pats normally pass, but you're wrong about everything else you just wrote.
Patriots homers like you never do. And your condescending tone is not conducive to a good discussion of the matter. HTH.

Patriots homers like you never do. And your condescending tone is not conducive to a good discussion of the matter. HTH.
That's fine, but you're still wrong about Gronk. HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread