What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gruden should be fired if Memo's not acquired (1 Viewer)

Craig_MiamiFL

Footballguy
I'm sure not many tuned into the TB/TN game Sunday, but it was visible that Graham has no business carry the full load of a Gruden offense. Outside of being a marginal runner, he's AWFUL as a receiver out of the backfield. (6 catches for 17 yards, only comment if you saw the game because I'm not really interested in hearing from stat observers. He dropped numerous easy catches that could of went for yardage.) It was readily visible that he showed why he was a 3rd stringer (and I actually feel bad for Ken Darby.....how awful could he have been because Graham is marginal, at best)

Graham doesn't offer the receiving or explosive ability to take one to the house that Memo does. Give the 4th round pick (hell, do 5th that becomes a 4th based on incentives). You're 4-2 with a team that must be in win now mode.

Why not have Memo play the Garner/Pittman role in this offense? Trades rarely happen, but this one is absolute no brainer with a back that can produce now on a win now squad.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they should go get Moore, but was wondering, if Graham was ineffective, why didn't they give Darby any looks? Did he even get on the field?

I can see how Graham may not be the answer, but to say a coach (or even a GM) should be fired for not acquiring the 3rd string (at best) RB on another team is pretty misguided.

Darby was cut. Lionel Gates was signed (which shows how much Darby had to have sucked in the eye's of the coaches.....he rode the PS and they chose a guy off the street over him)

I can see how Graham may not be the answer, but to say a coach (or even a GM) should be fired for not acquiring the 3rd string (at best) RB on another team is pretty misguided.
Not misguided at all. Tampa's time to win is now because this team is looking at many .500 seasons down the road.Moore is a solid NFL backup RB. One of the best 3rd down backs the league offers. One with far superior skills to fit a Gruden offense than Graham.

I think they should go get Moore, but was wondering, if Graham was ineffective, why didn't they give Darby any looks? Did he even get on the field?
They actually cut Darby the day before....Titans don't let anyone run on them. So maybe give Graham one more week.

October 15, 2007, 14:25

Vikings :: RB, LB

Vikings Have Injuries At RB; May Look To Keep RB Moore

Kevin Seifert, Minneapolis Star-Tribune - [Full Article]

On the Minnesota Vikings injury front, LB Vinny Ciurciu has a high ankle sprain and RB Naufahu Tahi has a sprained MCL in his knee. Tahi probably will miss at least one week. This may lead to the Vikings holding on to RB Mewelde Moore,who was inactive again Sunday at Chicago. The NFL trading deadline is tomorrow.

http://www.startribune.com/blogs/vikings/?p=1048

I'm sure not many tuned into the TB/TN game Sunday, but it was visible that Graham has no business carry the full load of a Gruden offense. Outside of being a marginal runner, he's AWFUL as a receiver out of the backfield. (6 catches for 17 yards, only comment if you saw the game because I'm not really interested in hearing from stat observers. He dropped numerous easy catches that could of went for yardage.) It was readily visible that he showed why he was a 3rd stringer (and I actually feel bad for Ken Darby.....how awful could he have been because Graham is marginal, at best)Graham doesn't offer the receiving or explosive ability to take one to the house that Memo does. Give the 4th round pick (hell, do 5th that becomes a 4th based on incentives). You're 4-2 with a team that must be in win now mode.Why not have Memo play the Garner/Pittman role in this offense? Trades rarely happen, but this one is absolute no brainer with a back that can produce now on a win now squad.
Seemed to me that the entire Tampa Bay offense struggled, save the Garcia to Galloway bomb 70 yard bomb near the end. I'm not saying Earnest Graham is the answer, but there needs to be a bit more of a sample size of his performance. And a somewhat struggling TB offensive line vs. a Tennessee defensive line that's been very good against the run dictated a mismatch anyway.

Why should Gruden be fired if management doesn't get a deal done? Its not Gruden's fault that Caddi got hurt, or Pittman. Gruden is doing pretty well with what he has. Not his fault if they don't deal for someone to help out

They actually cut Darby the day before....Titans don't let anyone run on them. So maybe give Graham one more week.
I wasn't impressed with Graham against the Titans but next up are the Lions. If he can't do anything against them I'd say there's no hope for him.

I'm sure not many tuned into the TB/TN game Sunday, but it was visible that Graham has no business carry the full load of a Gruden offense. Outside of being a marginal runner, he's AWFUL as a receiver out of the backfield. (6 catches for 17 yards, only comment if you saw the game because I'm not really interested in hearing from stat observers. He dropped numerous easy catches that could of went for yardage.) It was readily visible that he showed why he was a 3rd stringer (and I actually feel bad for Ken Darby.....how awful could he have been because Graham is marginal, at best)Graham doesn't offer the receiving or explosive ability to take one to the house that Memo does. Give the 4th round pick (hell, do 5th that becomes a 4th based on incentives). You're 4-2 with a team that must be in win now mode.Why not have Memo play the Garner/Pittman role in this offense? Trades rarely happen, but this one is absolute no brainer with a back that can produce now on a win now squad.
Seemed to me that the entire Tampa Bay offense struggled, save the Garcia to Galloway bomb 70 yard bomb near the end. I'm not saying Earnest Graham is the answer, but there needs to be a bit more of a sample size of his performance. And a somewhat struggling TB offensive line vs. a Tennessee defensive line that's been very good against the run dictated a mismatch anyway.
Graham is NOT the answer receiving out of the backfield (huge part of a Gruden offense...whether it's been Garner/Pittman). That is painfully obvious. The only thing that's up in the air is if he can run the ball. Let's hope he can perform doing that part. (I'm not saying whether he can run or not.....going one game vs. TN isn't a good sample size). What he is not is not an even decent option catching the ball out of the backfield.

Not misguided at all. Tampa's time to win is now because this team is looking at many .500 seasons down the road.Moore is a solid NFL backup RB. One of the best 3rd down backs the league offers. One with far superior skills to fit a Gruden offense than Graham.
I'll have to side with Gruden and Allen on this one. If they really thought Moore was any kind of meaningful upgrade to what they have, they'd pull the trigger.

What he is not is not an even decent option catching the ball out of the backfield.
Ummmm, isn't Tennessee the #1 rushing defense? And we are supposed to believe a 3rd string RB would have made a difference? :thumbup: And Tampa is 4-2, leading thier division. Take it easy, Champ. Why don't you stop talking for a while.

I see. So fire the coach who has led his team to a 4 - 2 record and is tied for first, despite the lack of a ground game and injuries. Alrighty then.

What he is not is not an even decent option catching the ball out of the backfield.
Ummmm, isn't Tennessee the #1 rushing defense? And we are supposed to believe a 3rd string RB would have made a difference? :unsure: Why don't you stop talking for a while....
Is their something you don't understand about 'decent option catching the ball out of the backfield' vs. 'running the football'?Then I see your username. Understandable.

Ummmm, isn't Tennessee the #1 rushing defense? And we are supposed to believe a 3rd string RB would have made a difference? :wall: Why don't you stop talking for a while....
Is their something you don't understand about 'decent option catching the ball out of the backfield' vs. 'running the football'?Then I see your username. Understandable.
What does that have to do with winning? They are 4-2 leading their division. So, if they make the playoffs, Gruden should be fired because Graham "is not is not an even decent option catching the ball out of the backfield." :goodposting:

Ummmm, isn't Tennessee the #1 rushing defense? And we are supposed to believe a 3rd string RB would have made a difference? :rolleyes: Why don't you stop talking for a while....
What does that have to do with winning? They are 4-2 leading their division. So, if they make the playoffs, Gruden should be fired because Graham "is not is not an even decent option catching the ball out of the backfield." :lmao:
They won't make the playoffs with Graham as their full-time RB. They've got a better shot of Graham running and Moore complimenting catching the football. Moore's a far better receiving back...that's a given. Who knows if he's (Moore) superior running the football, but that's not something that needs to be looked at.I'm guessing you didn't watch the game yesterday. (First post indicated I only wanted those who did responding). I don't fault Graham for not being able to run the ball (few have been able to this year vs. TN). What I am faulting for is being a god AWFUL receiving back (a staple in the Gruden offense....whether it's been Garner or Pittman in the past). He dropped multiple passes that a 4-year old could of made. (and that's not to make fun of him....it's the truth)

Ummmm, isn't Tennessee the #1 rushing defense? And we are supposed to believe a 3rd string RB would have made a difference? :loco: Why don't you stop talking for a while....
What does that have to do with winning? They are 4-2 leading their division. So, if they make the playoffs, Gruden should be fired because Graham "is not is not an even decent option catching the ball out of the backfield." :hophead:
They won't make the playoffs with Graham as their full-time RB. They've got a better shot of Graham running and Moore complimenting catching the football. Moore's a far better receiving back...that's a given. Who knows if he's (Moore) superior running the football, but that's not something that needs to be looked at.I'm guessing you didn't watch the game yesterday. (First post indicated I only wanted those who did responding). I don't fault Graham for not being able to run the ball (few have been able to this year vs. TN). What I am faulting for is being a god AWFUL receiving back (a staple in the Gruden offense....whether it's been Garner or Pittman in the past). He dropped multiple passes that a 4-year old could of made. (and that's not to make fun of him....it's the truth)
Actually I live in Tampa and was AT THE GAME.Graham had 5 or 6 receptions (I believe he was targeted only 2 other times), and had very little running room b/c Tennessee has the #1 ranked DL.

I'm still trying to figure out your point.... :popcorn: Other than the coach should be fired b/c he is winning with a injury-plagued team....

Ummmm, isn't Tennessee the #1 rushing defense? And we are supposed to believe a 3rd string RB would have made a difference? :loco: Why don't you stop talking for a while....
What does that have to do with winning? They are 4-2 leading their division. So, if they make the playoffs, Gruden should be fired because Graham "is not is not an even decent option catching the ball out of the backfield." :hophead:
Actually I live in Tampa and was AT THE GAME.Graham had 5 or 6 receptions (I believe he was targeted only 2 other times), and had very little running room b/c Tennessee has the #1 ranked DL.

I'm still trying to figure out your point.... :lmao: Other than the coach should be fired b/c he is winning with a injury-plagued team....
And so you think Graham's a good receiver? He looked AWFUL catching the ball (2-3 clear drops). He had little room to run, that's obvious.Acquiring Moore gives them a better shot at winning now. And let's be frank here, this team will be the laughing stock of the league for years to come.

I'm still trying to figure out your point.... :lmao: Other than the coach should be fired b/c he is winning with a injury-plagued team....
And so you think Graham's a good receiver? He looked AWFUL catching the ball. He had little room to run, that's obvious.Acquiring Moore gives them a better shot at winning now. And let's be frank here, this team will be the laughing stock of the league for years to come.
So if you think they will be a laughing stock why do you care whether they get Moore or not? Or is this a "I own Moore, and wish he was on a team that let him play so he could help my fantasy team" post?

Unless I am wrong, I believe the Vikings have asked for a "first day pick" for Moore. That would make it at worst a 3rd rounder, correct? So why all the talk about a 4th rounder?

Because they must win now. They've got no other choice.

An old QB. Old top WR. franchise RB with a potential career ending injury. A chronic out of shape, slow, 1st round WR with bad hands. An old retread journeyman 2nd WR. Future looks bright. Simms new contract worked out great too.

Ummmm, isn't Tennessee the #1 rushing defense? And we are supposed to believe a 3rd string RB would have made a difference? :mellow: Why don't you stop talking for a while....
What does that have to do with winning? They are 4-2 leading their division. So, if they make the playoffs, Gruden should be fired because Graham "is not is not an even decent option catching the ball out of the backfield." :P

I'm still trying to figure out your point.... :hot: Other than the coach should be fired b/c he is winning with a injury-plagued team....
And so you think Graham's a good receiver? He looked AWFUL catching the ball (2-3 clear drops). He had little room to run, that's obvious.Acquiring Moore gives them a better shot at winning now. And let's be frank here, this team will be the laughing stock of the league for years to come.
ahhh.... excuse me.... I believe the lions still have the rights to being the league laughing stock.

Unless I am wrong, I believe the Vikings have asked for a "first day pick" for Moore. That would make it at worst a 3rd rounder, correct? So why all the talk about a 4th rounder?
they've lowered the price to a 4th (rotoworld.com)Apparently they found out this Peterson guy is good and their future at the position. Who've thunk it?

Vikings | Team drops asking price for Moore

Mon, 15 Oct 2007 11:48:46 -0700

Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Minnesota Vikings have lowered the asking price for RB Mewelde Moore. According to two league sources, the team let the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Denver Broncos and the Houston Texans know they will take a fourth-round draft pick by Tuesday, Oct. 16, which is the trading deadline.

And Please dont call him Memo

No offense, but 29 yds by Graham is just about par for the course against TEN's run defense. Addai had a nice day under the umbrella of Manning and Co., but nobody else fared too well. Tennessee's run defense is legit and Graham's performance probably shouldn't be based off of a game against them.

TEN's Rushing Opponents:

Wk1: Jones-Drew : 32 yds

Wk2 : Addai : 81 yds

Wk3 : Bush : 15 yds

Wk4 : Dunn : 27 yds

Wk5 : Graham : 29 yds

Not to mention what a surprise Graham has been thus far with his hands. I think the guy's gonna do okay.

Vikings | Team drops asking price for MooreMon, 15 Oct 2007 11:48:46 -0700Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Minnesota Vikings have lowered the asking price for RB Mewelde Moore. According to two league sources, the team let the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Denver Broncos and the Houston Texans know they will take a fourth-round draft pick by Tuesday, Oct. 16, which is the trading deadline. And Please dont call him Memo
What about Tabe (tatem Bell) .. he wants to be traded from the lions and jones is coming back.

Not to mention what a surprise Graham has been thus far with his hands. I think the guy's gonna do okay.
:wtf: The guy has stone hands. He might do ok running the ball if the future. They need a 3rd down back there....like yesterday.

Vikings | Team drops asking price for MooreMon, 15 Oct 2007 11:48:46 -0700Jason Cole, of Yahoo! Sports, reports the Minnesota Vikings have lowered the asking price for RB Mewelde Moore. According to two league sources, the team let the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, the Denver Broncos and the Houston Texans know they will take a fourth-round draft pick by Tuesday, Oct. 16, which is the trading deadline. And Please dont call him Memo
Thanks! I didn't hear/see that! :kicksrock:

Ummmm, isn't Tennessee the #1 rushing defense? And we are supposed to believe a 3rd string RB would have made a difference? :bag: Why don't you stop talking for a while....
What does that have to do with winning? They are 4-2 leading their division. So, if they make the playoffs, Gruden should be fired because Graham "is not is not an even decent option catching the ball out of the backfield." :kicksrock:
He watches the practices and breaks down the film with Gruden so he should know. Right?

Because they must win now. They've got no other choice.An old QB. Old top WR. franchise RB with a potential career ending injury. A chronic out of shape, slow, 1st round WR with bad hands. An old retread journeyman 2nd WR. Future looks bright. Simms new contract worked out great too.
Barrett Ruud, Cato June, Tanard Jackson, Sabby Piscitelli, Phillip Buchanon, Gaines Adams, Greg Peterson, Jovan Haye, Quincy Black, Jeremy Trueblood, Davin Joseph, Aaron Sears, and Maurice Stovall.You're right. This team has no young talent at all.

Because they must win now. They've got no other choice.

An old QB. Old top WR. franchise RB with a potential career ending injury. A chronic out of shape, slow, 1st round WR with bad hands. An old retread journeyman 2nd WR. Future looks bright. Simms new contract worked out great too.
Barrett Ruud, Cato June, Tanard Jackson, Sabby Piscitelli, Phillip Buchanon, Gaines Adams, Greg Peterson, Jovan Haye, Quincy Black, Jeremy Trueblood, Davin Joseph, Aaron Sears, and Maurice Stovall.You're right. This team has no minimal GOOD young talent at all.
:goodposting:

1. It's not Gruden's job to acquire players. That's why teams have a GM.

2. It's not his fault the team has lost 3 RBs this season (if you count Alstott, who would have been a factor at this point)

3. Dumb thread, and based on his posts in here, guess it's not a surprise.

I don't remember him dropping any easy ones. I know he dropped one that was down by his shoestrings, but it's not like it hit him in the chest. He also held on to a catch where he got absolutely popped by a DB. I'm not a huge fan of Graham, but he's not terrible.Also, I have a feeling that

They won't make the playoffs with Graham as their full-time RB.
might be bumped in about 10 weeks.

And let's be frank here, this team will be the laughing stock of the league for years to come.
Like the Dolphins are now, "Craig_Miami"?
You're making an assumption, I'm giving you reality. Bucs must win now because they aren't winning again anytime soon.Any updates on Chris Simms? Still counting his $$? Bad when the 2nd best QB in Tampa is still in college.FWIW My Pats are doing just fine.

I don't remember him dropping any easy ones.
He dropped a couple easy ones - the first was near the 10 in the first half and the second was in the early stages of the third quarter. After that, Gruden seemed to stop throwing to him. Before that, I thought he caught the ball well all things considered. He made one great catch in the flat where he got absolutely drilled but hung onto the ball and got right back up. Tough play.

Users who are viewing this thread