What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guys in Relationships but without Kids - Official Thread (2 Viewers)

My childless brethren,

1.) Besides your spouse, who are you going to leave your mass wealth to?

2.) One of my greatest fears of being childless is getting tossed into a nursing home to be forgotten when I'm old and demented.  I've spent time visiting others in nursing homes and it is a place I never want to be in.  What are your plans for care when you are elderly?
I'm not sure it's best to live your 65+ "good" years in a certain way out of fear of being "alone" for the few "bad" years at the end. Not to say those who choose to have children are doing anything wrong... but I think those who have children just so they won't be alone in their 70's are probably making a mistake. 

My childless brethren,

2.) One of my greatest fears of being childless is getting tossed into a nursing home to be forgotten when I'm old and demented.  I've spent time visiting others in nursing homes and it is a place I never want to be in.  What are your plans for care when you are elderly?
My plan is to have my name on a building, preferably a humane society or no kill shelter, that i donated along with an endowment to help fund operations. We'll see how it goes.  Plan B is to bounce the check to the funeral home that is cremating me.  

My plan is to have my name on a building, preferably a humane society or no kill shelter, that i donated along with an endowment to help fund operations. We'll see how it goes.  Plan B is to bounce the check to the funeral home that is cremating me.  
:goodposting:   Or create a trust for my nieces to help them along if I can. 

My childless brethren,

1. Nieces & nephews, I guess. Kinda don't care.

2. Bullet to the brain. If the highlight of my day is getting wheeled out to a patio because it's sunny out, I'll go with the pine box.

I actually knew that M was 1000 and MM was a million, but never thought about why.
I have no idea why bankers use this but it is pretty standard across the board.  I have done it so long seeing a K is weird to me.  

I work in banking so i assume you all know that 3M = $3,000 right?  I am starting to getting a complex that i spend too much on dinners/wine.
Maybe when you are keying in a trade, but the common usage at both banks I have worked is:  k, mm, B, and T.  A lot of people use the m for millions too.

Btw, $3k is still a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
45, w/ girlfriend for the last 18 months. Travel, eat, cook, out with friends, garden. Table tennis takes a couple of nights a week. We hang 3-4 nights a week, each have separate houses. Not sure I'm going to live with another significant other again. The space is too nice. The only ##### who sleeps with me when we're apart is my Ridgeback, Belle.  She also keeps me healthy with the daily walks. 

Would love to cut loose more (better living through chemistry) but GF is a bit on the straight and narrow. Not sure if that or the dog will be the first to come between us. 
edibles are your friend. 

edibles are your friend. 
Eh, I have more flower than I know what to do with, and I don't smoke. Figure that one out. Edibles every once in awhile. I've made some KILLER peanut butter cookies from ghee butter. 

I would like to say hello again to some MDMA though.

Scoresman said:
My childless brethren,

1. Why wouldn't I leave it to her? If she goes first, I have 3 nieces and 2 nephews. Plenty in the next generation.

2. Lots of people with children end up in nursing homes, too.

Mid 40s no kids. I have my main woman of 20 years and lots of "friends". Have a great time moonlighting at my partners Night Club (biggest between L.A. and the Bay).

Ordered a 34in ultrawide gaming monitor today. Woman picked-up some Mexican food on her way home for me, did my fantasy waivers/bids, was on phone/skype with about 6 or so buddies the last couple hours setting up a MNF gathering week 3, and gonna hit gym in an hour.

Life is good great. 

Scoresman said:
My childless brethren,

I don't think I'll get to "elderly" :shrug:  

41, no kids, 14yr relationship. 

Bars to watch games, Kickball/Softball, Running, yardwork, cooking/grilling, Cookouts with friends, Traveling, Going out to eat...etc  
In the same ball park. Most of my friends have kids and while they love them there is always a "but" that we always get to hear about. 

41, no kids, 14yr relationship. 

Bars to watch games, Kickball/Softball, Running, yardwork, cooking/grilling, Cookouts with friends, Traveling, Going out to eat...etc  
44, 2 kids in high school, another in college, married 15 years.  This sounds like my life, except bars to watch games (prefer to watch at home, kids or no), walking instead of running, and traveling (replace that with travel sports instead).

I played sports as of two years ago, but the joints don't allow it anymore.  We bonfire and have cookout with friends as much as possible, and go out to eat all the time.  

Not meaning to hijack, or debate kids vs no kids, but people who can never do anything because of their kids are making that choice, not prevented from making that choice.

Then you are no different than some guy who has no success with relationships and ends up a bachelor with no kids. The bloodline of your family is lost.

I personally do not have that whole in my life that needs to be filled by a child. 
Exactly. Lot of things in life are viewed differently by people. 

Religious people can't possibly IMAGINE why agnostics or atheists don't believe in God.  Some people with kids can't possibly IMAGINE why everybody doesn't want kids. 

A little tip: Once you stop expecting everyone to share your views, or trying to project your views on others... life gets much more interesting. Kinda nice just focusing on what you're doing in your life, and understanding that others are doing the same. Boom. EVERYONE is happy :)

Different strokes and all that. 

Then you are no different than some guy who has no success with relationships and ends up a bachelor with no kids.
Are you implying relationships/marriages without children are unhappy or unsuccessful? 

If so....  I kinda feel bad for your highly sheltered view of the world. Hope your eyes open someday... in the meantime, look into the many studies that show that many childless couples are actually leading happier lives. 

Explain why you are not married after 14 years.

If I were 45 years old in a relationship with no kids and no desire to have kids then something is up. It gets harder to have a kid as you get older unless you get into relationship with younger women.

44, 2 kids in high school, another in college, married 15 years.  This sounds like my life, except bars to watch games (prefer to watch at home, kids or no), walking instead of running, and traveling (replace that with travel sports instead).

I played sports as of two years ago, but the joints don't allow it anymore.  We bonfire and have cookout with friends as much as possible, and go out to eat all the time.  

Not meaning to hijack, or debate kids vs no kids, but people who can never do anything because of their kids are making that choice, not prevented from making that choice.
Sounds like you're just doing regular crap that all of us do with kids though. I have to do all the stuff you mentioned or I'd go crazy.

Just saying a person *should* have more options (time/money) with zero kids their entire life.  I wouldn't go weekend in blaine 5-6 times a year if I didn't have kids that's for damn sure lol

If I were 45 years old in a relationship with no kids and no desire to have kids then something is up. It gets harder to have a kid as you get older unless you get into relationship with younger women.
Your worldview is not the only correct worldview.

Ask his girlfriend, she is wondering the same thing.
It's cute that you think you know everyone's life. Guessing you're a younger fella... 20's? You have so much to learn, youngin'. 

The status of our relationship is an open discussion between us, and she has no desire to get married. We might someday. We may not. Not really any major reason to marry if we're not planning on having kids. We're both happy how things are. 

Though it IS cute that some kid on the internet thinks he has a better grasp on the relationship and happiness of two people he's never met. Might want to re-check that mindset... it's going to get you in trouble later in life. Just some wisdom from an "old" dude. 

Why do you think everyone wants to have kids? 

Why do you think "Something is up" with people who don't? 

How old are you? Guessing Early to Mid 20's based on your naiveté... am I close? 

Users who are viewing this thread