What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guys in Relationships but without Kids - Official Thread (3 Viewers)

I am 22 and married after 1 year.
Ahhhhhh yes. Early 20's. Kinda figured. 

Congratulations on achieving your goal of getting married. I personally cannot fathom the idea of getting married after 1 year in my early 20s. You both are going to change dramatically over the next decade. I hope, for your sake, you both change/grow in the same direction. Statistics show it as about a coinflip. Good luck  :thumbup:

Again... we ALL thought we had all the answers when we were your age. We will ALL tell you now, that you don't. Understand that people have different needs and goals in life... and will live their lives differently. The sooner you learn that, the better off you'll be. 

A lot guys in their 40's here. I don't understand why you guys don't want kids. Also to the guy who has girlfriend of 14 years.
I have kids and after reading through this thread I'm trying to understand why I did want to have them.

Brb the little one just wiped her nose all over the sofa and the big one is throwing a huge tantrum because his blue car isn't blue enough.

Last edited by a moderator:
14 years with the same person is pretty amazing.  I'd pause to realize that too.
:thumbup: You can ask any of the FBGs who've met her... she's one of a kind and I outkicked the #### out of my coverage.  Hasn't always been easy, but anyone who's been with someone 14 years will tell ya that's kinda par for the course. :lol:  

I've never understood the bloodline thing. That's never been a consideration. Seems like a really dumb ego-driven thing that has zero actual value to the world. Get over yourself, we've got a thriving gene pool already. And way too many people btw. 

I've never understood the bloodline thing. That's never been a consideration. Seems like a really dumb ego-driven thing that has zero actual value to the world. Get over yourself, we've got a thriving gene pool already. And way too many people btw. 
I have a friend-of-a-friend who is an only child and frequently bragged about how he saved his bloodline by having children. Then he found out that he was adopted and that his birth father was a rapist. So, good job passing on that bloodline, buddy.

I have a friend-of-a-friend who is an only child and frequently bragged about how he saved his bloodline by having children. Then he found out that he was adopted and that his birth father was a rapist. So, good job passing on that bloodline, buddy.
:lol:  awesome 

@sbonomo - blind tasting update?
Highlights Are as follows:  1995 Gran-Puy-Locaste , 2001 Harlan, 1990 Chav CDP, SQN Syrah (just okay) and some high end burg that i could have cared less about.  Fun night, i went 6 or 8 on the blinds (grape only not region, year, maker, etc) which was second next to the master som candidate :confetti: 

Then you are no different than some guy who has no success with relationships and ends up a bachelor with no kids. The bloodline of your family is lost.
Hahaha.....why are there so many troll's on this board?  Why don't you go back to your mom's basement and play on social media.   

Explain why you are not married after 14 years.

If I were 45 years old in a relationship with no kids and no desire to have kids then something is up. It gets harder to have a kid as you get older unless you get into relationship with younger women.
so for you a piece of paper changes the commitment between two people?  You know this is just a legal document right?  As a divorced person, i can give you a million reason to not sign the legal document again.  

:thumbup: You can ask any of the FBGs who've met her... she's one of a kind and I outkicked the #### out of my coverage.  Hasn't always been easy, but anyone who's been with someone 14 years will tell ya that's kinda par for the course. :lol:  
I can concur that Ms Icon is one heck of a lady.  Super fun, great looking, just an overall joy to be around :)

44, 2 kids in high school, another in college, married 15 years.  This sounds like my life, except bars to watch games (prefer to watch at home, kids or no), walking instead of running, and traveling (replace that with travel sports instead).

I played sports as of two years ago, but the joints don't allow it anymore.  We bonfire and have cookout with friends as much as possible, and go out to eat all the time.  

Not meaning to hijack, or debate kids vs no kids, but people who can never do anything because of their kids are making that choice, not prevented from making that choice.
My son is done college.  I have 6 years left with my daughter.  And while I play golf and the wife and I take small trips.  My weekends for ~6 months are tied up with travel softball and I love very minute of it.

The thing that is "helping" now my daughter is almost 12 and becoming much more self sufficient.   I don't have to race to pick her up from after care, she can make some dinners, Not having to find a sitter for a couple hours etc etc.

Sounds like you're just doing regular crap that all of us do with kids though. I have to do all the stuff you mentioned or I'd go crazy.

Just saying a person *should* have more options (time/money) with zero kids their entire life.  I wouldn't go weekend in blaine 5-6 times a year if I didn't have kids that's for damn sure lol
I'm not sure my post was all that groundbreaking.  I was just reading through the thread and found it interesting that a guy's life without kids sure looked like mine a lot.  Though, that was just the quick day to day snapshot, and I'm sure the garage and bankbooks looks a lot more different.

My son is done college.  I have 6 years left with my daughter.  And while I play golf and the wife and I take small trips.  My weekends for ~6 months are tied up with travel softball and I love very minute of it.

The thing that is "helping" now my daughter is almost 12 and becoming much more self sufficient.   I don't have to race to pick her up from after care, she can make some dinners, Not having to find a sitter for a couple hours etc etc.
My youngest is a freshman in high school.  When he started junior high, and all three were self sufficient to the point that we could leave the house and tell them to fend for themselves, it was life changing.

Sometimes with kids this old I fee a lot more like a couple without kids than I do a couple with young kids.

My youngest is a freshman in high school.  When he started junior high, and all three were self sufficient to the point that we could leave the house and tell them to fend for themselves, it was life changing.

Sometimes with kids this old I fee a lot more like a couple without kids than I do a couple with young kids.
This makes sense...i am sure 15 years ago you life looks nothing like it does today.  You have put your dues in, time to enjoy life!

It's cute that you think you know everyone's life. Guessing you're a younger fella... 20's? You have so much to learn, youngin'. 

The status of our relationship is an open discussion between us, and she has no desire to get married. We might someday. We may not. Not really any major reason to marry if we're not planning on having kids. We're both happy how things are. 

Though it IS cute that some kid on the internet thinks he has a better grasp on the relationship and happiness of two people he's never met. Might want to re-check that mindset... it's going to get you in trouble later in life. Just some wisdom from an "old" dude. 

I do not know but you were a player and/or she was promiscuous? Is that the case? Open discussion do you mean you and her can sleep with others?

I do not know but you were a player and/or she was promiscuous? Is that the case? Open discussion do you mean you and her can sleep with others?
So far I've only gotten permission to sleep with your fiancé again... but we're working on broadening the horizons after next weeekend. 

:lol:  okay now I'm convinced this is a troll/alias. Nobody is this clueless 
Whatever most people will think something is up is they knew you weren't married after 14 years and have no desire to have kids. You didn't deny yourself as a player and that your girlfriend had a busy sexual history.

A lot guys in their 40's here. I don't understand why you guys don't want kids. Also to the guy who has girlfriend of 14 years.
Are you not reading about the awesome things they're doing with their massive free time? 

I love my kids but completely understand it. 

ETA: Never mind.  I hippled.  Now I see he's trolling. 

I just checked a post and Icon says he slept with 50-60 women so yes he was a player. Wouldn't be surprised if his girlfriend has slept with as many.

I just checked a post and Icon says he slept with 50-60 women so yes he was a player. Wouldn't be surprised if his girlfriend has slept with as many.
Stop pointing this out.  As a monogamous married guy and now with zero free time I'm already jealous of him enough.  I don't need to hear that he's at a number more than twice of what I'll ever reach as well. And, on top of it he's likely got a chick that knows what she's doing and is sexually open? He's on a gravy train with biscuit wheels. 

Jeez, dude. That's terrible. Put down the golf clubs and get as much time with her as you can. 

Users who are viewing this thread