What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Guys with Stay at Home Mom's for Wive's (1 Viewer)

I've been slowly upping my 401K contributions without her being remotely aware ;)

It won't be enough, but I'm not ignoring the problem either...and she's (slowly) getting better
Congrats. Seriously. Glad to hear you are being smart about it and hopefully at least contributing enough to get your company's matching. We shouldn't have to work until we're to old to ENJOY retirement!

I've been slowly upping my 401K contributions without her being remotely aware ;)

It won't be enough, but I'm not ignoring the problem either...and she's (slowly) getting better
Glad you are planning for the future and I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but if she's fiscally irresponsible now odds are it won't be any better later no matter how much you stick in your 401k.

I'm reminded of the line from Cool Hand Luke "some men (women) you just can't reach". You know your situation better than I do, I hope you can reach her.

As another backstory to my tale of woe, when ebay first starting getting big I dabbled in it starting with $15. I would buy undervalued items, write extensive auctions descriptions and take tons of photos and relist them. With small children the only time I had to do this was from 10pm to midnight when everyone else was asleep. After a few months I had amassed a decent sum of cash that my wife did not know about. I really wanted to use it to dig out of some of the debt she had racked up but felt guilty doing it behind her back.

Instead of paying debt I decided to come clean and surprise her with the money. It was only 3k, but at the time our annual income was only about 24k. I got a babysitter for the kids and planned a rare night out at a nice restaurant. Afraid that she might start crying with joy I told her in the car on the way there to avoid a scene at the restaurant.

"You know how I have been staying up at nights? Well I haven't been playing computer games. I've been on ebay buying and selling". At that point I dropped an envelope with 3k in her lap and said she could spend half on anything she wanted.

There were plenty of tears, but not joy, anger. She couldn't understand how I could keep this from her and she felt so betrayed. We never made the reservations and when home in silence instead. The next day I got the cold shoulder routine until she left the house leaving me to watch the kids. When she arrived home later that evening she forgave me, turns out she spent 4k on "things we've been needing". That is when I knew I was screwed, but with 3 young kids nothing to do but try to ride it out as long as possible. We had been married 7 years at this point.
Brutal.  Sorry man.  Glad you got out early.  

You mentioned you've relocated. Was she happy about this? Is she homesick? Maybe she's rewarding herself so to speak on making this move which I'm guessing was due to your job as well as having beat cancer. Maybe she's "ending" her old life and starting anew so to speak with a different lifestyle in mind since in her mind, the funds are there. With a third child on the way I would think another talk with her would do the trick to not buy such expensive stuff. I'm a chick and would get color/highlights/cut the whole works for $100, and my hair isn't easy as it's naturally curly/wavy. $165 is nuts. And I live in CA to boot where expensive is it's middle name. If the talk to reiterate a third child is on the way doesn't curb it then I don't know what to say. At that point it would probably never change unless you either didn't bail her out or you guys really do get in financial trouble. Once you get into such a habit, it really is hard to break- akin to being an alcoholic for many. Good luck.

Glad you are planning for the future and I'm not trying to be a wet blanket, but if she's fiscally irresponsible now odds are it won't be any better later no matter how much you stick in your 401k.

I'm reminded of the line from Cool Hand Luke "some men (women) you just can't reach". You know your situation better than I do, I hope you can reach her.
I'm reaching her I think...she's getting better in many ways, and she will usually check with me before buying anything costing more than 20 bucks or so. She hasn't gotten to the point where she can leave $50 just sitting untouched somewhere accessible for more than a few days, but she's at least thinking about her purchases, and I no longer struggle to keep the budget in the green month to month. 

It CAN get better, as long as your wife is willing to work on it.

You mentioned you've relocated. Was she happy about this? Is she homesick? Maybe she's rewarding herself so to speak on making this move which I'm guessing was due to your job as well as having beat cancer. Maybe she's "ending" her old life and starting anew so to speak with a different lifestyle in mind since in her mind, the funds are there. With a third child on the way I would think another talk with her would do the trick to not buy such expensive stuff. I'm a chick and would get color/highlights/cut the whole works for $100, and my hair isn't easy as it's naturally curly/wavy. $165 is nuts. And I live in CA to boot where expensive is it's middle name. If the talk to reiterate a third child is on the way doesn't curb it then I don't know what to say. At that point it would probably never change unless you either didn't bail her out or you guys really do get in financial trouble. Once you get into such a habit, it really is hard to break- akin to being an alcoholic for many. Good luck.

She's definitely a little homesick.  I'm also a bit of an enabler.  We don't have any car debt, and we put down a nice chunk of change on our house when we moved so we wouldn't have access to a bunch of money, since I knew it would get blown.  So we are fairly responsible when it comes to $, we've just being spending everything we've taken in over the last 4 months.

And in reply to another poster, yeah, she knows we have another checking account with money in it, so she has that account to fall back on.  I always let her know that I have no one to bail me out if I mismanage our $, and I'm always there to bail her out when she spends more than what we agreed for her to spend.  But... I am guilty too, because when we buy things like a mattress for our son, that should go on my card, but since she went and bought it it went on her card.  The point being, while she spends more than she should, there are circumstances when I tell her to put stuff on her card that puts her over her "budget".  As many of you know, these situations aren't easy and something many people fight over... and we really don't fight over it much, it's not like it's going to ruin our marriage or anything, I just need tips on curbing the spend.  

She has actually mentioned the Dave Ramsey envelope thing, but to me that's a PITA and then you can't really track your spend.  I think my best solution is to get her on my Amex account so I know what each of our balances are at, so when they're getting high we can put off spending on certain things until the following month.

In reply to another poster, her father is deceased, but her mother spends like a drunken sailor.

She's definitely a little homesick.  I'm also a bit of an enabler.  We don't have any car debt, and we put down a nice chunk of change on our house when we moved so we wouldn't have access to a bunch of money, since I knew it would get blown.  So we are fairly responsible when it comes to $, we've just being spending everything we've taken in over the last 4 months.

And in reply to another poster, yeah, she knows we have another checking account with money in it, so she has that account to fall back on.  I always let her know that I have no one to bail me out if I mismanage our $, and I'm always there to bail her out when she spends more than what we agreed for her to spend.  But... I am guilty too, because when we buy things like a mattress for our son, that should go on my card, but since she went and bought it it went on her card.  The point being, while she spends more than she should, there are circumstances when I tell her to put stuff on her card that puts her over her "budget".  As many of you know, these situations aren't easy and something many people fight over... and we really don't fight over it much, it's not like it's going to ruin our marriage or anything, I just need tips on curbing the spend.  

She has actually mentioned the Dave Ramsey envelope thing, but to me that's a PITA and then you can't really track your spend.  I think my best solution is to get her on my Amex account so I know what each of our balances are at, so when they're getting high we can put off spending on certain things until the following month.

In reply to another poster, her father is deceased, but her mother spends like a drunken sailor.
sure you can.  you'd have to write it down but you can track your spending with paper.  Maybe not the easiest thing, but our grandparents did it.

With the envelopes, you can track your spend. Anytime you buy something that comes from an envelope, put the receipt in the envelope in place of the cash used. Track on a spreadsheet, by hand, whatever you prefer, but you have all of your records right there.

Since she likes to spend, maybe come to an agreement that half of everything that is underbudget for a month goes into savings, the other half goes towards a fund for the two of you to have a nice dinner out, etc.

While it's nice to have everything go on a credit card and get categorized/tracked for you, it;s also a lot easier to go way overbudget that way.

With the envelopes, you can track your spend. Anytime you buy something that comes from an envelope, put the receipt in the envelope in place of the cash used. Track on a spreadsheet, by hand, whatever you prefer, but you have all of your records right there.

Since she likes to spend, maybe come to an agreement that half of everything that is underbudget for a month goes into savings, the other half goes towards a fund for the two of you to have a nice dinner out, etc.

While it's nice to have everything go on a credit card and get categorized/tracked for you, it;s also a lot easier to go way overbudget that way.
:goodposting:  Anyone remember when you used to have to balance a check book?  Maybe try using checks for everything because it also makes you go through the thought process of actually writing out in words exactly how much you are spending on whatever you are buying.  

I feel sorry for a lot of you in this thread...  I imagine this is why many couples fight over money and why it's such a big cause for divorce.

I guess what's worked for me is 1) finding a spouse who's fairly responsible with money (although the stay at home angle has increased our expenditures as we've had children)

but 2)  I've founded that setting the example and walking the walk first is really important.   I don't buy anything, so I definitely have a leg to stand on because I don't "treat" myself, so that she doesn't feel like she can do the same

3) having a shared mint account to so that all accounts are transparent has also been important.    We can both see the net worth benefits of saving money, and both of us know spending is tracked.. she knows that if she spends an unacceptable amount at Buy Buy Baby that's I'm going to ##### about it and purchase shame.   I know that I can't get on amazon and order a new tablet without her asking WTF is that about.

Purchase shaming, deferring as much money as possible (until it hurts) into tax deferred accounts that are untouchable (401k, Roth IRA, HSA), transparency,  emulating the behavior you want to see happen, and transparency have been a winning formula at the dentist household.

Basically it has to be established that growth of net worth is the utmost goal... then goals are set, what is measured is improved.

Last edited by a moderator:

This was a complete shift for me...I never used the envelope approach although my parents have used envelopes their whole life without Ramsey.  I used tracking software to track my spending history but never had real success until I adopted a zero based budget system.  We use the YNAB program (you need a budget) which is essentially electronic envelopes.  It allows you to track spending but encourages a zero budget philosophy which is key.  Tracking your spending is like looking at history and it never helped us be proactive about our spending habits.  We would look at the spending at the end of the month and say "what happened" lets fix it next month, but the cycle continued.  When you assign money to envelopes or use a zero based budget (like YNAB), you proactively track your spending.  This is the same philosophy that Ramsey teaches but he prefers using cash instead of electronic purchases.  The software still allows you to track and see history but you set up a zero based budget and "spend" every dollar from every paycheck.  As long as you keep up with the budget, it will allow you and your wife to see what needs to be sacrificed when you overspend in a category because you will need to move money to give yourself a "zero" budget.

Works great for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel sorry for a lot of you in this thread...  I imagine this is why many couples fight over money and why it's such a big cause for divorce.

I guess what's worked for me is 1) finding a spouse who's fairly responsible with money (although the stay at home angle has increased our expenditures as we've had children)

but 2)  I've founded that setting the example and walking the walk first is really important.   I don't buy anything, so I definitely have a leg to stand on because I don't "treat" myself, so that she doesn't feel like she can do the same

3) having a shared mint account to so that all accounts are transparent has also been important.    We can both see the net worth benefits of saving money, and both of us know spending is tracked.. she knows that if she spends an unacceptable amount at Buy Buy Baby that's I'm going to ##### about it and purchase shame.   I know that I can't get on amazon and order a new tablet without her asking WTF is that about.

Purchase shaming, deferring as much money as possible (until it hurts) into tax deferred accounts that are untouchable (401k, Roth IRA, HSA), transparency,  emulating the behavior you want to see happen, and transparency have been a winning formula at the dentist household.

Basically it has to be established that growth of net worth is the utmost goal... then goals are set, what is measured is improved.
ah, you changed your avatar!  I didn't look at the name before reading the post, was agreeing with most of what you wrote until the purchase shaming part.  Just can't get behind the need to shame each other into compliance.  But otherwise, :yes:   It's all about goals.  While the $5 latte doesn't seem like a lot at the moment, those add up.  But if you keep in mind the larger goal and prioritize accordingly, things tend to work out better.  I do spend money on an expensive hobby but that hobby could be a LOT more expensive if I let it be and prioritized the wants for the hobby over the wants of the family.  She spends some money on lunch once a week with our 5yo this year before he goes to school, she buys clothes for our future daughter but she's smart about it.  Literally, she'll buy clothing for a few dollars that she sells for more after our kids wear it for a year or so. 

It certainly helps that we haven't developed expensive tastes, she doesn't drink alcohol so my consumption is mostly limited to the occasional get together with the guys and a beer or cocktail at home - it's amazing how much most people spend on alcohol and how much more people spend after consuming.  We don't buy art or the newest electronics, but we do pay for the annual vacation, lunch after church every week, taking the kids places every so often, but we have developed the habit of considering the cost (but not dwelling on it for stuff we find worthwhile).  That's probably the biggest thing: develop the muscle memory to impulsively think "do I really need X or is that money better off invested or spent on something else."  Budgeting helps force you to do that, as Dave says "spend intentionally".

As to the "growth of net worth" being the utmost goal; it might work for you but it won't for many.  It means a lot more to me to consider the ultimate goal of that net worth - freedom to retire, travel, buy a beach house (that's our utmost goal right now), or whatever you want to do with the money.  Not the money itself.  But whatever works for you.

This is another situation in which open, honest, rational communication typically works best. When presented with cool, logical criticism of their actions, most women appreciate the bluntness and cheerfully alter their behavior. You might even be rewarded with some extra special sexy time.
Clearly, you're not married.

ah, you changed your avatar!  I didn't look at the name before reading the post, was agreeing with most of what you wrote until the purchase shaming part.  Just can't get behind the need to shame each other into compliance.  But otherwise, :yes:   It's all about goals.  While the $5 latte doesn't seem like a lot at the moment, those add up.  But if you keep in mind the larger goal and prioritize accordingly, things tend to work out better.  I do spend money on an expensive hobby but that hobby could be a LOT more expensive if I let it be and prioritized the wants for the hobby over the wants of the family.  She spends some money on lunch once a week with our 5yo this year before he goes to school, she buys clothes for our future daughter but she's smart about it.  Literally, she'll buy clothing for a few dollars that she sells for more after our kids wear it for a year or so. 

It certainly helps that we haven't developed expensive tastes, she doesn't drink alcohol so my consumption is mostly limited to the occasional get together with the guys and a beer or cocktail at home - it's amazing how much most people spend on alcohol and how much more people spend after consuming.  We don't buy art or the newest electronics, but we do pay for the annual vacation, lunch after church every week, taking the kids places every so often, but we have developed the habit of considering the cost (but not dwelling on it for stuff we find worthwhile).  That's probably the biggest thing: develop the muscle memory to impulsively think "do I really need X or is that money better off invested or spent on something else."  Budgeting helps force you to do that, as Dave says "spend intentionally".

As to the "growth of net worth" being the utmost goal; it might work for you but it won't for many.  It means a lot more to me to consider the ultimate goal of that net worth - freedom to retire, travel, buy a beach house (that's our utmost goal right now), or whatever you want to do with the money.  Not the money itself.  But whatever works for you.
Yeah, the actor that played Jaws died, so i changed my avatar out of respect.   I'm not in love with the new avatar, but I like Bad Beats.

I agree that the net worth isn't the ultimate goal.  Money isn't much until ultimately spent to acquire something...  it's just that I'd rather purchase time which is the more valuable resource anyway.     So we started with a goal to get to a million,  we hit it,  now we want to get to the second million.. and we know that once we hit 4  I can quit and really enjoy life and freedom.

The number is trackable though,  whereas a pie in the sky dream is hard to assign a value to.   So while the goal is that dream, accomplishing the goal is done via the numbers.

Applying a long term value to everything has also been a real game changer for my wife.    We know that a $500 smartphone is really a $1100 smartphone given 20 years of interest compounding at just 4%.  So that phone probably just cost me 2 days of additional retirement... well that's a horrible value..       rinse/wash/repeat.   every purchase you make costs you life dollars... either at work,  or via maintenance, etc.    It's like the Fight Club quote:  "the stuff you own, owns YOU"

nostuff.com

Every time I THINK I might want to get married one day, I see a thread like this.

I'd rather die alone than deal with something like some of these nightmare scenarios

As another backstory to my tale of woe, when ebay first starting getting big I dabbled in it starting with $15. I would buy undervalued items, write extensive auctions descriptions and take tons of photos and relist them. With small children the only time I had to do this was from 10pm to midnight when everyone else was asleep. After a few months I had amassed a decent sum of cash that my wife did not know about. I really wanted to use it to dig out of some of the debt she had racked up but felt guilty doing it behind her back.

Instead of paying debt I decided to come clean and surprise her with the money. It was only 3k, but at the time our annual income was only about 24k. I got a babysitter for the kids and planned a rare night out at a nice restaurant. Afraid that she might start crying with joy I told her in the car on the way there to avoid a scene at the restaurant.

"You know how I have been staying up at nights? Well I haven't been playing computer games. I've been on ebay buying and selling". At that point I dropped an envelope with 3k in her lap and said she could spend half on anything she wanted.

There were plenty of tears, but not joy, anger. She couldn't understand how I could keep this from her and she felt so betrayed. We never made the reservations and when home in silence instead. The next day I got the cold shoulder routine until she left the house leaving me to watch the kids. When she arrived home later that evening she forgave me, turns out she spent 4k on "things we've been needing". That is when I knew I was screwed, but with 3 young kids nothing to do but try to ride it out as long as possible. We had been married 7 years at this point.
Good lord.  That's awful.

Im kind of hoping for the zombie apocalypse so these entitled ##### wives will either get thinned out or have to work again

Every time I THINK I might want to get married one day, I see a thread like this.

I'd rather die alone than deal with something like some of these nightmare scenarios
Die alone??  

Heck no.  My plan is a little bungalow on a beach somewhere with little island girls happy to be taken care of.  #retirement

yeah but for some of us everything works out great it just is not a one size fits all question and it reminds me of the saying that the problem with universalims is that they are always wrong bam there is a little bit of knowledge in your hear hole from the old swcer take that to the bank bromigos 

Yeah, the actor that played Jaws died, so i changed my avatar out of respect.   I'm not in love with the new avatar, but I like Bad Beats.

I agree that the net worth isn't the ultimate goal.  Money isn't much until ultimately spent to acquire something...  it's just that I'd rather purchase time which is the more valuable resource anyway.     So we started with a goal to get to a million,  we hit it,  now we want to get to the second million.. and we know that once we hit 4  I can quit and really enjoy life and freedom.

The number is trackable though,  whereas a pie in the sky dream is hard to assign a value to.   So while the goal is that dream, accomplishing the goal is done via the numbers.

Applying a long term value to everything has also been a real game changer for my wife.    We know that a $500 smartphone is really a $1100 smartphone given 20 years of interest compounding at just 4%.  So that phone probably just cost me 2 days of additional retirement... well that's a horrible value..       rinse/wash/repeat.   every purchase you make costs you life dollars... either at work,  or via maintenance, etc.    It's like the Fight Club quote:  "the stuff you own, owns YOU"

nostuff.com
How much is a $3 gallon of milk then for the next 20 years, if you buy one a week?

I believe you should be compounding interest on a weekly basis in that scenario, and allowing for discounted value of future outflows 
you're probably right,  I hadn't considered that.  Thank you for the correction.  What's your number?

All things in moderation.  I learned a long time ago that if you live in that mindset of spend like there is no tomorrow, you'll be miserable.  However, if you try to rationalize not spending $5 on a latte every time you want one, you will also be misearable.  some people will talk it up big about saving $ at every decision, but being extreme in anything is seldom a good idea.  Those folks out there saying "If I can get to $2 Million, I'm good" —you're setting yourself up.  Granted, your "problem" is a good one to have because you are saving well and doing something a lot of people fail to do but unless you're in some guaranteed pension or health care provided, you'll always wonder in the back of your mind "is this enough? Nope. Better work just a 'bit' longer." 

Then one day, you wake up and you're 67 and that unexpected health problem has got ya, you realize all the "little" things that could have been great memories for you and your family, kids, etc that you never got around to because, at the time, it was "silly" to waste $500 on a weekend getaway, etc. 

I saw my "aha" moment in two phases of my life. The first was when I was 23 and my boss was retiring after 27 years. He and his wife had lived like paupers their entire marriage (and openly bragged of it) as they chased the dream of retiring and moving to Europe and buying a nice place.  As life happened, he developed cancer and was dead six months into retirement.  IF we only get one go around, he and his wife didn't take advantage of their 30+ years together. 

My second "moment" was being with a woman who was completely irresponsible with money. She came from nothing and wanted everything when she had even a modest amount, thinking she was "living" and, of course, coming from nothing, had no frame of reference from her parents.  We split up, I, of course, got hosed. SHe pushed all our common debt onto me.  Sad story like the one posted above. 

She ended up filing bankruptcy and I guess she probably learned something after that but I'm skeptical.  I learned I will NEVER have joint credit cards, revolving debt with another person again...ever! because, it sounds dooshy, but that other person tends to try a little harder when the commitment stakes are higher and there is nobody to bail them out and, to be blunt, if you are a GUY, then you'd better believe you will always pay through the nose and the woman will get more than a fair share. It is simply not truly fair and you're a fool if you EVER think otherwise.   

Freaking awful, but the bolded was the sign your marriage was doomed.  Your ex didn't have a money management problem.  She had a "Statcruncher is my doormat" problem.

No matter how much you are in the hole due to the divorce, sometimes you can't put a price on regaining your dignity.

basically, never do anything because the money you spend could be 13.61 hours of retirement in twenty years.

I'm not saying that.   Just don't buy stuff that doesn't advance your life in some way.    Food, you need it.  Health care,  you need it.   Reasonable safe Shelter that ideally in a .  A safe, reliable automobile,  functional clothing.   I support vacation and family togetherness activities/experiences.

I shun consumerism, stuff acquisition, status purchases, and most impulse purchases..  all of which add nothing to your life.

I'm not saying that.   Just don't buy stuff that doesn't advance your life in some way.    Food, you need it.  Health care,  you need it.   Reasonable safe Shelter that ideally in a .  A safe, reliable automobile,  functional clothing.   I support vacation and family togetherness activities/experiences.

I shun consumerism, stuff acquisition, status purchases, and most impulse purchases..  all of which add nothing to your life.
Wait wait wait.  You own a ####### boat.  The biggest money pit known to mankind, your advice is null and void. 

My wife is cheap.  Like really cheap.  We never eat out, drive old junkers, wear thrift and yard sale clothes, and she recycles cereal bags to avoid buying sandwich bags.  I think it's largely because she has been a stay at home mom (or at least a drastically underemployed mom), and she feels guilty now that our kids are almost out of the house and don't really need her hovering over them.   Sometimes her unwillingness to spend is WAY over the top, but I would rather have it this way than to deal with the opposite side of the spectrum. 

Wait wait wait.  You own a ####### boat.  The biggest money pit known to mankind, your advice is null and void. 
I was gifted a boat.   I pay to maintain and store it.

Look,  I'm dishing out advice to people claiming they have a financial problem.    I have plenty of problems, but money isn't one of them.

If you save 20% of your gross income, are debt free other than a 15 year mortgage, are adequately insured for home, life, and health,  are at or ahead of your trajectory to retire at a reasonable age, and have a fully funded 6 mo. emergency fund...   then at that point you have my full blessing to spend like a drunken sailor on whatever the F you want.

I think that statement defines about 2-5% of the population.

How the hell do you keep their spending in check?  I make less than the typical FBG, so I deposit $750/month into her checking account so she has her "own" money.  She pays no bills, yet she continually has credit card bills over $1,000 and continues to say she doesn't spend any money and there's no where to cut back.  She just bought our son like $500 in bedding from Pottery Barn, she spends like $165 to get her hair done, buys all her jeans from Nordstrom, etc...

How do I control this stuff without being a total d!ck, and with her hardly noticing my effort to curb the spending?
I have no idea, but if you figure it out, please let me know.  :wall:  

It's really like playing the lotto.

Think of it this way. You tie the knot and statistics say you have a 50/50 shot at getting a divorce.

Of those 50 % how many are cheating on their husbands? 5% 10%

Of those 50% how many husbands stay together for the kids or just so they don't get hosed? 25%

Of those 50% how many are genuinely in an unhappy marriage? 30%

Way I see it you have a very slim chance at being happily married to death do you part.

I think a small percentage are happily married. It's truly a huge risk and you are essentially become a business partner with this person. 

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take? Sometimes it pays to pass the ball to the open man!

It's really like playing the lotto.

Think of it this way. You tie the knot and statistics say you have a 50/50 shot at getting a divorce.

Of those 50 % how many are cheating on their husbands? 5% 10%

Of those 50% how many husbands stay together for the kids or just so they don't get hosed? 25%

Of those 50% how many are genuinely in an unhappy marriage? 30%

Way I see it you have a very slim chance at being happily married to death do you part.

I think a small percentage are happily married. It's truly a huge risk and you are essentially become a business partner with this person

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take? Sometimes it pays to pass the ball to the open man!
I like that.   I'm going to use that going forward to describe my marriage.   My wife and I are in the business of raising our kids.   

I like that.   I'm going to use that going forward to describe my marriage.   My wife and I are in the business of raising our kids.   
Thankfully mine and I never had kids....makes the check I am going to write that much less.  Why do we do this you ask, because it is worth it. 

Users who are viewing this thread