What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HBO Series "The Night Of" (1 Viewer)

PIK95 said:
It would make sense if you were married.
True - but he's not.

Gets drunk, bangs her out - and then doesn't pass out seconds later on the bed? Goes to a strange fridge to make himself a sandwich instead?

Why didn't he have blood on him besides his hand? She was all over him right after getting her hand stabbed.

True - but he's not.

Gets drunk, bangs her out - and then doesn't pass out seconds later on the bed? Goes to a strange fridge to make himself a sandwich instead?
Yes, that sounds about right.  A sandwich ALWAYS comes next imo.  ESPECIALLY in a strange fridge.  That's probably where the term "gonna get me some strange" came from honestly.

Didn't he have dried blood all over his body when they stripped him?
He had cuts and scratch marks and probably blood on his back but she put her bloody hand on the side of his head. Should have been all on his head and neck.

WOULD YOU JIMMIES JUST WATCH THE FREAKING SHOW!  WE'RE ONE EPISODE IN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD.
Ummm...It's a show that is leaving a lot of clues and hopes people talk about it. My guess is there's a reason he doesn't have that blood on him.

Seriously!  It was Jackson Heights, that spot would have been taken in a nano second.  Highly suspicious!
I said that to my wife as soon as Naz pulled out.  "That parking spot is going to be gone in 8 seconds.  Won't his dad realize when he wakes up the next morning and the taxi is parked 3 blocks away that the kid snuck out?"  Guess he didn't really need to worry about that as it turned out.

Ummm...It's a show that is leaving a lot of clues and hopes people talk about it. My guess is there's a reason he doesn't have that blood on him.
After he stabbed her hand, she put her hand on his face and hair as they were making out. But when they got upstairs and he was removing his shirt, he didn't have any blood on his face or hair that I could see. I don't think he cleaned up after his interaction with her; I think he just never got much of her blood on him -- maybe because the cut was toward her palm and she was touching him with her fingers? In any case, it looks more like some kind of continuity error than a plot point, I think.

Last edited by a moderator:
After he stabbed her hand, she put her hand on his face and hair as they were making out. But when they got upstairs and he was removing his shirt, he didn't have any blood on his face or hair that I could see. I don't think he cleaned up after his interaction with her; I think he just never got much of her blood on him -- maybe because the cut was toward her palm and she was touching him with her fingers? In any case, it looks more like some kind of continuity error than a plot point, I think.
I was thinking maybe he showered and got dressed before going downstairs and maybe she was killed while he was in the shower. We'll see.

So what are people putting odds on him doing it. Right now, I'm at 70/30 against it being him.

I am going to say we have not met the killer yet.  She seems like she was troubled from the moment she got into the cab - so something happened to her just before all this went down.

I also agree that this will not be so much of a who did it, as much as how is Turturo going to establish Naz did not do it.   A lot of camera shots were of surveillance video, so I assume that comes into play as they try to recreate the events of the evening.  Would not be shocked to see a hidden camera in the Deer's eye.

The police obviously think they have the killer, so they are not going to be running down many leads, it will be up to Naz and Turturo (except Naz is going to be in prison for most of the rest of the series - can't see him getting bail).

I am going to say we have not met the killer yet.  She seems like she was troubled from the moment she got into the cab - so something happened to her just before all this went down.
I agree.  Didn't she also mention "I don't want to be alone. Not on this night."  Like that particular night had some sort of meaning to her.  At least that's how I remember it, only watched it once and like 2 weeks ago. 

Naz obviously made a lot of bad choices that night. But the one that seems most incomprehensible to me is, when he woke up, why didn't he close the refrigerator door as he walked by it? It would have taken almost no effort. Had he no concern at all about potential milk spoilage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Naz obviously made a lot of bad choices that night. But the one that seems most incomprehensible to me is, when he woke up, why didn't he close the refrigerator door as he walked by it? It would have taken almost no effort. Had he no concern at all about potential milk spoilage?
No use crying over spoilt milk

Hard to feel sorry for the Paki kid in E1, sorry. You dose up on ecstacy and cocaine, you allow some strange girl with an eerie resemblance to Katie Holmes push you to partake in some wild stabbing game that no one on E&C would want to try in the first place. She's magically full of stab wounds when he wakes up, we don't even know that he is innocent and I am supposed to care if he gets caught or not?

Terrific lead actor who I think was in Nightcrawler opposite Jake Gylenhal but this story is hard to believe or feel much. It sux that somehow he is going to take the rap for murder...well boys and girls don't do cocaine with a strange girl and have wild sex and blackout next to a naked stabbed body and scream foul play...something you did in the night contributed to all of this.  I was rooting for the black female officer, she was the only person that seemed to know he was up to no good. She deserved a medal  :D  

And see I don't think I'm supposed to be rooting for that officer, in fact she did a fine acting job and likely got most of the audience to feel like nails on a chalkboard as she was marching him into and out of her car...not to mention the fact that 3 different officers told her to cut that SOB loose and she still somehow managed to keep marching him to jail...just made no sense so I started rooting for the female cop. 

Do I need to invest 7 more episodes into this? 

9.1 IMDB rating

96% RT score

Gonna be a lonely island for MOP if I don't dig this like everyone else. I haven't read thru the thread yet. 

Hard to feel sorry for the Paki kid in E1, sorry. You dose up on ecstacy and cocaine, you allow some strange girl with an eerie resemblance to Katie Holmes push you to partake in some wild stabbing game that no one on E&C would want to try in the first place. She's magically full of stab wounds when he wakes up, we don't even know that he is innocent and I am supposed to care if he gets caught or not?

Terrific lead actor who I think was in Nightcrawler opposite Jake Gylenhal but this story is hard to believe or feel much. It sux that somehow he is going to take the rap for murder...well boys and girls don't do cocaine with a strange girl and have wild sex and blackout next to a naked stabbed body and scream foul play...something you did in the night contributed to all of this.  I was rooting for the black female officer, she was the only person that seemed to know he was up to no good. She deserved a medal  :D  

And see I don't think I'm supposed to be rooting for that officer, in fact she did a fine acting job and likely got most of the audience to feel like nails on a chalkboard as she was marching him into and out of her car...not to mention the fact that 3 different officers told her to cut that SOB loose and she still somehow managed to keep marching him to jail...just made no sense so I started rooting for the female cop. 

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/interesting.jpg

Please don't.

Interesting enough. The acting alone makes it worth a watch - I'm a little wait and see on the story though.  I like it, but how many red herrings do you need to throw out there?  Like the step-father; what's with the "it's not her / it's her" thing?  if we loop back around to that, cool. If that was just weird for the sake of being weird (true detective, I'm looking at you), then I might be a bit let down. 

Is this actually True Detective Season 3?

And you all can dislike my take on the show so far but you know it's spot on. The story is swiss cheese thru episode 1. 

not to mention he deserves it just for allowing himself to be an idiot with the girl to start with.  

My wife walked in the living room and saw the step dad.  Only part of show she has watched. She said step dad is the killer. 

My wife walked in the living room and saw the step dad.  Only part of show she has watched. She said step dad is the killer. 
Let's just list the main supporting characters one by one, it's gotta be the stepdad, Jesus Quintana, or Naz himself...it's gotta be one of these main characters or perhaps it was the fat guy across the street who called the police. Fat Louie murders her and that's why he is standing up in his door looking across the street when a gift falls into his lap with Naz Khan. 

Not to mention that it was dark when they dosed up at say 9:00 at that river? They dosed up some more around 11:00? Must have been some very weak drugs because it's still dark when the investigation is starting, what time is he able to get behind the wheel? 4AM? Did him being pulled over, put in the back of the car, taken back to the crime scene, sit and sit and sit(hours went by in real cop world) then shuffled downtown, that was an incredibly long night...I've seen weeks on other shows appear shorter...the title is The Night Of but that time line was stretched beyond belief. 

Should I keep going in tearing this show apart?

They made a point of him being allergic to the cat and showed her putting it out. Looked to me like she didn't close the gate/door all the way.  Could be a way in without breaking the front door.
They mentioned the cat again last night with another reference to someone being allergic to it. Maybe a reminder that she put the cat out?

Let's just list the main supporting characters one by one, it's gotta be the stepdad, Jesus Quintana, or Naz himself...it's gotta be one of these main characters or perhaps it was the fat guy across the street who called the police. Fat Louie murders her and that's why he is standing up in his door looking across the street when a gift falls into his lap with Naz Khan. 

Not to mention that it was dark when they dosed up at say 9:00 at that river? They dosed up some more around 11:00? Must have been some very weak drugs because it's still dark when the investigation is starting, what time is he able to get behind the wheel? 4AM? Did him being pulled over, put in the back of the car, taken back to the crime scene, sit and sit and sit(hours went by in real cop world) then shuffled downtown, that was an incredibly long night...I've seen weeks on other shows appear shorter...the title is The Night Of but that time line was stretched beyond belief. 

Please proceed, governor.

I mentioned in here earlier, but I really don't think "who" the killer is will actually play a big role in the story.  It's very obviously a procedural to me -

"don't talk to the cops"

"don't talk to anyone"

"It doesn't matter what your story is, we need to be flexible"

Then on on top of that you get the story of a poor minority kid getting paired with a lawyer poorly equipped to handle this situation because they don't know any better. If they really want to make waves, you find out who the killer is and have the cops even be aware of it, but they still prosecute Nas and get a conviction because Da Jesus isn't a good enough lawyer to acquit him. They do that and everyone is going down on the profound statements that the show made. 

Go away.

No No, you have to state why your opinion is better. What is it that is fascinating about the show? Is there an overriding political theme you like? The actual story is full of holes, major ones I might add. 

Is it the whole Middle East wrongly accused angle? I'm curious as what makes this place great should be differing opinions not just liking 6 posts that agree with your feelings, Tre. 

Lots of things in life don't make sense.  Apparently, TV dramas must make 100% sense from the opening credits.

This honestly says more about you as a person than it does about the show.

Good luck.

No No, you have to state why your opinion is better. What is it that is fascinating about the show? Is there an overriding political theme you like? The actual story is full of holes, major ones I might add. 

Is it the whole Middle East wrongly accused angle? I'm curious as what makes this place great should be differing opinions not just liking 6 posts that agree with your feelings, Tre. 
Despite what you think, your myopic view of the world is not the best view, nor is it a good one. Most people you encounter won't agree with it or understand it, but they may let you think they do to avoid inevitable conflict.

Despite what you think, your myopic view of the world is not the best view, nor is it a good one. Most people you encounter won't agree with it or understand it, but they may let you think they do to avoid inevitable conflict.
And again you are attacking the poster and not doing anything to debate the merits of the show. 

MOP nails the 3 again and again and again, keep attacking me while I continue to pound the amount of Swiss in this plot. 

"Myopic View" 

:lol:

I think he left her house around 1:30am.

Did they ever show him actually being read his rights?

Users who are viewing this thread