What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Head Coach turnover in the NFL this year (1 Viewer)

Otis

Footballguy
Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a LOT more head coaching changes this offseason than we've seen before?

Is it just me, or does it seem like there are a LOT more head coaching changes this offseason than we've seen before?
Sorry, I'm too busy dodging rolling heads. What were you asking?

Saw somewhere (don't remember)that the average is six per season. Last year the NFL only had three, so if that number is correct then this is just an adjustment. One thing that makes seem really bad is the handful of people who were under when, not if category.

Saw somewhere (don't remember)that the average is six per season. Last year the NFL only had three, so if that number is correct then this is just an adjustment. One thing that makes seem really bad is the handful of people who were under when, not if category.
Six isn't the average.I've got a breakdown at my work computer, I'll post it tomorrow.

Saw somewhere (don't remember)that the average is  six per season. Last year the NFL only had three, so if that number is correct then this is just an adjustment. One thing that makes seem really bad is the handful of people who were under when, not if category.
Six isn't the average.I've got a breakdown at my work computer, I'll post it tomorrow.
Look forward to the info.

Ran across this the link where I saw six coaching vacancies.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5215168...140813162&ATT=5

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Four coaches were let go on "Black Monday," the day after the regular season ends and the traditional day for firing coaches. Martz, Capers, Mike Sherman of Green Bay and Jim Haslett of New Orleans were canned.

They join Mike Tice of Minnesota, fired after the Vikings' final game on Sunday, and **** Vermeil of Kansas City, who retired Sunday at the age of 69. With the firing of Detroit's Steve Mariucci in November, that brings the number of vacancies to seven, with the prospect of one more - Norv Turner of Oakland, who could learn his fate Tuesday.

That's not an unusual number, especially since there were just three new coaches this season. Since the AFL-NFL merger in 1970, an average of 5.9 jobs per year opened up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saw somewhere (don't remember)that the average is  six per season. Last year the NFL only had three, so if that number is correct then this is just an adjustment. One thing that makes seem really bad is the handful of people who were under when, not if category.
:thumbup: I was just going to say that Grid made a post about this a few years back. Maybe it was on Ol' Yeller.

Good read.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it's time for a career change ... seems like there's some opportunities opening.

Users who are viewing this thread