What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hey Joe B... (1 Viewer)

zoonation

Footballguy
I know it is only 1 loss, but I just can't see that team winning 10 games this year.

Brady is responsible for more than people want to give him credit for.

Oh, and BB got seriously out-coached today.

8-8 could be tough.

I know it is only 1 loss, but I just can't see that team winning 10 games this year.Brady is responsible for more than people want to give him credit for.Oh, and BB got seriously out-coached today.8-8 could be tough.
Brady would have stopped Brown from getting 5 TDs? :kicksrock: He's better than I thought.

I know it is only 1 loss, but I just can't see that team winning 10 games this year.

Brady is responsible for more than people want to give him credit for.

Oh, and BB got seriously out-coached today.

8-8 could be tough.
Brady would have stopped Brown from getting 5 TDs? :towelwave: He's better than I thought.
Ball posession down?
Stopping the vaunted Miami offense was apparently down.

That defense is going to be a problem for the Patriots. I thought that the awesome offense covered up some defensive problems last season. If they don't get that fixed, it's very possible that they won't make the playoffs this year.

Cassel is just absolutely horrendous. I actually thought he was decent but my goodness. He might not be better than Tarvaris Jackson.

Cassel is pretty terrible. Yet his terribleness does not approach that of the defense.

I said this in my NYJ v. NEP writeup last week:

I said this before the game and I am even more sure of this now, "Tom Brady is a huge part of the offense, but he did not play defense for an 18-1 team." Quite simply, the Pats are a well-run, well-coached organization. One person does not a team make. However, I think if I had to forecast the rest of the season, it's hard to know whether Cassel will bring them to the elite level. The playbook seemed fairly vanilla, with short passes, some slants, and the occasional deep ball. Will he be successful? I don't know, but he has a favorable situation that's for sure. It's just hard for me to see the Pats winning something significant with Cassel under center this year.
Don't expect them to be the wrecking ball they were last year, yet don't expect them to fold either. Brady in there changes the game, sure. But he never played defense.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said this in my NYJ v. NEP writeup last week:

I said this before the game and I am even more sure of this now, "Tom Brady is a huge part of the offense, but he did not play defense for an 18-1 team." Quite simply, the Pats are a well-run, well-coached organization. One person does not a team make. However, I think if I had to forecast the rest of the season, it's hard to know whether Cassel will bring them to the elite level. The playbook seemed fairly vanilla, with short passes, some slants, and the occasional deep ball. Will he be successful? I don't know, but he has a favorable situation that's for sure. It's just hard for me to see the Pats winning something significant with Cassel under center this year.
Don't expect them to be the wrecking ball they were last year, yet don't expect them to fold either. Brady in there changes the game, sure. But he never played defense.
Didn't seem like anyone did today

Where are all the bandwagon fans?
They've won 22 straight regular season games, I'd give them credit for that before I'd rip into them. When Tom Brady went down, I don't know anyone who still thought they'd win the SB after that.
Agreed...legendary run. Unfortunately for the Pats, I see rough waters ahead. They do not look like a good football team so far this year without the model slayer.

They've won 22 straight regular season games, I'd give them credit for that before I'd rip into them. When Tom Brady went down, I don't know anyone who still thought they'd win the SB after that.
Agreed...legendary run. Unfortunately for the Pats, I see rough waters ahead. They do not look like a good football team so far this year without the model slayer.
No, they're not the same team. Randy Moss looks like the Randy Moss in Oakland too. I saw on a few different plays he didn't go all out for some plays.I wish BB would get those plays and call him in a room and show them to him and ask him what the hell he's doing. Randy Moss's effort is garbage.

No, they're not the same team. Randy Moss looks like the Randy Moss in Oakland too. I saw on a few different plays he didn't go all out for some plays.I wish BB would get those plays and call him in a room and show them to him and ask him what the hell he's doing. Randy Moss's effort is garbage.
Why did he get disgruntled in Oakland again? That's right, underwhelming QB play and fewer opportunities for him to excel. Pretty dissimilar to his current situation though, right?

Why did he get disgruntled in Oakland again? That's right, underwhelming QB play and fewer opportunities for him to excel. Pretty dissimilar to his current situation though, right?
The Pats have more leadership from the coach and in the locker room than the Raiders did, and more importantly, they have hope for next year, something the Raiders never had.

except the Patriots ownership and management is not like Oakland's ownership and management.

You know the last team to beat New England in the regular season? The 2006 Miami Dolphins, who dominated the Pats, shutting them out and winning 21-0. Those same Dolphins finished the 2006 season at 6-10 (themselves getting dominated 21-0 by the 7-9 Buffalo Bills the very next week). New England went 12-4 and made the AFC Championship game. The Pats also lost to the Dolphins in 2005, although that's not very representative since New England rested all of its starters in that game (that was actually Matt Cassel's most extensive playing time prior to this season). They also lost to the Dolphins in 2004. Those 2004 Dolphins fired their head coach in the middle of the season and finished the year at 4-12. The 2004 Patriots went 14-2 and won the Superbowl.

Food for thought before deciding New England sucks just because they lost to an inferior Miami squad.

Everyone overreacts to one game. When the won last week (after one game) everyone said they would be fine and are still the team to beat.

This week, after playing a Miami team that always gives them trouble (I know, it's the Dolphins, but for some reason the Pats always have a hard time vs them), everyone is saying they are done.

Miami did a great job today and rushed Cassel all day to the point where he was shell shocked and off his game.

Give the team a chance to adjust before you stick a fork in them. Let BB make adjustments to protect the QB better and let them work on the red zone offense. They still have a lot of talent. Yes, I know they are not the same team without Brady, but I wouldn't count them out just yet.

Let them play the games before you declare the outcome.

Users who are viewing this thread