What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HEY NORTON! (1 Viewer)

Jayrod

Footballguy
Since it has been the same for a day....you may want to look at your DB projections for this week.

Makes it tough to trust the projections when the #1 DB is a guy who is actually suspended for the next 4 weeks. I'm looking for someone to pickup, but I'm now doing my own research because it is pretty obvious the projections haven't even been looked at since last week. I understand the issue with getting them out by Wednesday being rushed and I don't count on them as law or anything, but it is almost noon on Thursday and they still haven't been fixed.

Initial weekly projections are started on Monday evening and finished on Tuesday evening to be posted by late Tuesday or early Wednesday morning. That is hardly "last week". Unfortunately I am not in a position to update projections in real time as soon as news breaks. They are however, updated on Thursday afternoon/evening well before kickoff, Friday after the injury reports are posted, on Saturday if anything of significance changes and Sunday after the early game inactive lists are announced.

During the 36 or so hours between the initial projections and the first update, I write the EOTG column (which this week includes complete coverage and breakdown of the Colts safety situation) and record the IDP Audible pod cast that is released by Thursday afternoon (which also covered the Colts situation this week).

I would hope that all fantasy owners would do some research on their own before making roster moves each week. To that end we produce my Eyes of the Guru column, Jene Bramel's Reading the Defense and a number of other outstanding IDP articles and tools put together by our IDP dedicated staff each week, as well as projections that are updated regularly as the week progresses. Any owner who takes advantage of even a fraction of the product we provide will be well ahead of the competition. That said, even with all of our coverage and numerous updates throughout the week, owners should ALWAYS be sure to check breaking news before making lineup or roster decisions as things often change quickly in the NFL.

Thank you for your feedback and for being a big part of what we do here at Footballguys.

Initial weekly projections are started on Monday evening and finished on Tuesday evening to be posted by late Tuesday or early Wednesday morning. That is hardly "last week". Unfortunately I am not in a position to update projections in real time as soon as news breaks. They are however, updated on Thursday afternoon/evening well before kickoff, Friday after the injury reports are posted, on Saturday if anything of significance changes and Sunday after the early game inactive lists are announced.

During the 36 or so hours between the initial projections and the first update, I write the EOTG column (which this week includes complete coverage and breakdown of the Colts safety situation) and record the IDP Audible pod cast that is released by Thursday afternoon (which also covered the Colts situation this week).

I would hope that all fantasy owners would do some research on their own before making roster moves each week. To that end we produce my Eyes of the Guru column, Jene Bramel's Reading the Defense and a number of other outstanding IDP articles and tools put together by our IDP dedicated staff each week, as well as projections that are updated regularly as the week progresses. Any owner who takes advantage of even a fraction of the product we provide will be well ahead of the competition. That said, even with all of our coverage and numerous updates throughout the week, owners should ALWAYS be sure to check breaking news before making lineup or roster decisions as things often change quickly in the NFL.

Thank you for your feedback and for being a big part of what we do here at Footballguys.
Thanks for the response.

I just thought you guys tweaked them regularly throughout the week as news/changes came to light. Didn't realize there was a gap in updates like that.

Dodds updates more often on the offensive side because he is FBG 24/7. I don't have that access as my day job is teaching high school kids the art of collision repair. One day when I grow up I hope to be a full time FBG as well :)

Sometimes I do slip in an update late on Wednesday after we record the podcast. I just didn't get that far last night. Thanks for understanding.

This isn't a shot at Norton but I also thought it was funny that just recently, I believe it was this week, Mike Adams was listed in the rankings as still playing for the Broncos and not only that, but his projections were based on him playing the team the Broncos were playing, at least according to the site. It is more than appropriate to assume that Norton knows he's on the Colts and therefore is basing his rankings on the Colts' opponent, but still thought it was pretty funny that the site didn't update that. What is also funny is, when you click on his name (here is the link: http://subscribers.footballguys.com/players/player-all-info.php?id=AdamMi99) in his recent stats, the past games show the correct teams that the Colts played, but for week 5 it shows him playing the Cardinals, the Broncos' opponent. Not a huge deal, and again probably has nothing to do with Norton, but just thought it was odd.

Users who are viewing this thread