What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Holmes restructures. (1 Viewer)

Family Matters

Footballguy
I assume this applies if he's healthy. I have not heard that he is ready to commit one way or the other but if he plays here's his deal:

Chiefs | Contract update: P. HolmesFri, 10 Mar 2006 17:43:18 -0800Kansas City Chiefs RB Priest Holmes' restructured contract included base salaries of $670,000 (2006), $870,000 (2007), $1.07 million (2008) and $1.27 million (2009). His old deal called for base salaries of $3.25 million (2006), $4 million (2007), $5 million (2008) and $6.5 million (2009).

$670,000 this year? For some reason I don't see Holmes playing under that type of deal.

Sounds like he is pretty much out the door and this is just a holder for a longshot he comes back

Last edited by a moderator:
$670,000 this year? For some reason I don't see Holmes playing under that type of deal.

Sounds like he is pretty much out the door and this is just a holder for a longshot he comes back
:goodposting:

ESPN.com reports Priest Holmes took a paycut from $3.75 million to $710,000, a move that could signal his impending retirement.

He won't play for that salary. That type of deal is usually for a player who expects to be cut after June 1st. In Holmes' case, the team may just carry him on the physically-unable-to-perform list and pay him the salary as a send-off to a great career. Mar. 11 - 12:32 am et

Source: ESPN.con

I must say I agree. (FWIW, I just trade Priest for Michael Turner after reading this - LT owner here, to the LJ owner)

I imagine KC will be looking for a backup in the draft.

A guy like Gerald Riggs or Wali Landry would be a very good late round pick for KC.

I must say I agree. (FWIW, I just trade Priest for Michael Turner after reading this - LT owner here, to the LJ owner)

A guy like Gerald Riggs or Wali Landry would be a very good late round pick for KC.
LJ owner is a fool. You lucky sonofagun.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maybe, but he's the back to back champ. :rant:

Actually, I shouldn't say you are lucky. Like me, at this time last year you thought you had a lot more in Priest than trade value for Michael Turner. :(

Actually, I shouldn't say you are lucky. Like me, at this time last year you thought you had a lot more in Priest than trade value for Michael Turner. :(
Not really, I just got him a month ago as a throw in.

I was on this a week ago and no one believed me here...
I was one of the biggest non-believers. I don't know why it took so long to have some kind of verification like this though. I stand corrected.

I was on this a week ago and no one believed me here...
I was one of the biggest non-believers. I don't know why it took so long to have some kind of verification like this though. I stand corrected.

Users who are viewing this thread