What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Holmgren comments on Jackson and Seattle WR (1 Viewer)

Kleck

Footballguy
link

(On the transition of Darrell Jackson back into the offense…) That’s the question for the ages, I think. I trust it will be seamless. We have to be smart with Darrell. My plan is that he will practice on Monday, and then we will ease him back into things. At this point, it’s still a medical call. My hope is that he practices during the week, and he can play against Detroit. That’s what I hope happens.

(On the difficulty of coaching without Jackson…) Fortunately, we have Bobby Engram who can play any of the positions, and so if it were not to work this week with Darrell, we have guys that know what to do and can play. He’s a good football player for us, you know that, and we are better when he is playing, but we would be making a mistake if we thought he could come in and play a whole game after not doing too much. I hope to have him available to do some things in the Detroit game.

link

(On the transition of Darrell Jackson back into the offense…) That’s the question for the ages, I think. I trust it will be seamless. We have to be smart with Darrell. My plan is that he will practice on Monday, and then we will ease him back into things. At this point, it’s still a medical call. My hope is that he practices during the week, and he can play against Detroit. That’s what I hope happens.

(On the difficulty of coaching without Jackson…) Fortunately, we have Bobby Engram who can play any of the positions, and so if it were not to work this week with Darrell, we have guys that know what to do and can play. He’s a good football player for us, you know that, and we are better when he is playing, but we would be making a mistake if we thought he could come in and play a whole game after not doing too much. I hope to have him available to do some things in the Detroit game.
Engram is going to be a steal at his ADP.

Could be, in games that D Jackson didn't play last year, and Engram did, he averaged 12.34 FP per game (1 per 10 RecYards, 1 per Rec, 6 per TD).
Code:
Opp	Rec	Yards	TD	FP  ARI	3	28	0	5.8  STL	6	70	0	13  SF	6	93	0	15.3  NYG	6	34	0	9.4  PHI	3	34	1	12.4  SF	6	65	2	24.5GB	3	30	0	6				  12.34

link

ok, now i'm worried :angry:

Trying to unload him as we speak. Don't know why I keep drafting this guy.
If you take just the games the D Jackson did play last year, and avergae them out for all 16 games, it equates to a 106 reception 1400 yard and 10 TD season, with an average FP per game of 19.13. That could be why you took him.
Code:
Opp	Rec	Yds	TD	FP@JAC	6	65	1	18.50ATL	8	131	0	21.10ARI	8	125	0	20.50@WAS	7	55	1	18.50@TEN	6	72	1	19.20IND	3	34	0	6.40WAS	9	143	1	29.30CAR	6	75	1	19.50AVG	7	88	1	19.13SEA	106	1400	10

I can't imagine you'd get enough for him. Think about giving up next-to-nothing for Engram instead. Just a thought. You keep Jackson's upside and gain a great insurance policy. Then, if he comes back and puts up two solid games, trade him for something worthwhile before he re-injures himself. I was interested in drafting Jackson in a few of my drafts, with the idea of grabbing Engram late. The opportunity to get him never arose, though, due to draft position. This is one of the few "WR handcuffs" I see as being worthwhile. The other one I like is Pokey Henry with either of the Bengals starting WRs.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you take just the games the D Jackson did play last year, and avergae them out for all 16 games, it equates to a 106 reception 1400 yard and 10 TD season, with an average FP per game of 19.13. That could be why you took him.
Code:
Opp	Rec	Yds	TD	FP@JAC	6	65	1	18.50ATL	8	131	0	21.10ARI	8	125	0	20.50@WAS	7	55	1	18.50@TEN	6	72	1	19.20IND	3	34	0	6.40WAS	9	143	1	29.30CAR	6	75	1	19.50AVG	7	88	1	19.13SEA	106	1400	10
I understand, but he can't stay healthy. We'll see, I guess.

I understand, but he can't stay healthy. We'll see, I guess.
Probably true, but when he does start you have a tier 1 WR (points per start wise) for what was probably a pretty low draft pick. And when he doesn't start, you know to bench him. Much better then a tier 2 guy that you are always staring, but is very inconsistent.

Its not a good thing when you are hoping your WR is just soft or a prima donna, and not a tough guy that just cant go.

I just drafted DJax in my $100 league. I really struggled trying to decide between choosing him or T.J. Houshmanzadeh. Went ahead and gambled on Jackson's potential upside (if he can stay healthy).

I just drafted DJax in my $100 league. I really struggled trying to decide between choosing him or T.J. Houshmanzadeh. Went ahead and gambled on Jackson's potential upside (if he can stay healthy).
I had to make the same exact choice. T.J. went four picks later. I have Kennison as his replacement for the time being. Engram is still on the WW and I will try and nab him when the opportunity arises. The handcuff idea sounds like a pretty decent option asssuming the roster space is available.

link

:goodposting:

Users who are viewing this thread