What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Home Field advantage in FF (1 Viewer)

koreansteve

Footballguy
I've noticed it exists in ESPN leagues. Do you get an extra 5 pts or something if you are playing a 'home game'?

Just wondering.

Friend invited me to a league that uses it. Get 2 points for being the home team. Haven't noticed it make a difference yet but haven't looked either. Scores are usually in the 80-100 I'd say.

We simply use the home field advantage to break a tie if there is one. This has eliminated all of the different tie scenarios. We have had to use it at least 1 or 2 times a season.

Never have, never will. I can't think of one logical reason to use this at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
We give a 3 pt. advantage in the playoffs for the 2 teams that won their divisions.
:D Anytime a team is awarded extra actual POINTS towards winning a matchup due to some draw like home field that is moronic. And winning a divison shouldn't be earning anyone extra points either. Isn't that why they invented SEEDING? In a typical 12 team leagie division winners usually earn the top seeds right? Isn't that enough?

We give a 3 pt. advantage in the playoffs for the 2 teams that won their divisions.
:ptts: Anytime a team is awarded extra actual POINTS towards winning a matchup due to some draw like home field that is moronic. And winning a divison shouldn't be earning anyone extra points either. Isn't that why they invented SEEDING? In a typical 12 team leagie division winners usually earn the top seeds right? Isn't that enough?
If you have seeding what is the point of divisions?

In one league the higher seeds get to pick contingent players based on seeding. So you can pick a player or two that aren't in your starting lineup. If they score higher than your starter you use their points.

:lol: Anytime a team is awarded extra actual POINTS towards winning a matchup due to some draw like home field that is moronic. And winning a divison shouldn't be earning anyone extra points either. Isn't that why they invented SEEDING? In a typical 12 team leagie division winners usually earn the top seeds right? Isn't that enough?
Ask Roger Goodell. Why does the NFL have divisions AND seeding with the playoffs? Why does the NBA have seeding and also divisions and conferences?Each division winner is awarded a seed of #1-4 in typical 12 team leagues with 8 teams in the playoffs (3 teams per division) then there are 4 at-large playoff berths, frequently based on overall record or a "power ranking" system. The reward for winning your division is a guaranteed playoff berth and one of the top seeds which is awarded to a division winner. This is all pretty standard stuff. :bag:

In my league we have HFA players, all the home teams get to pick one each week. If he outproduces one the guys you decided to start, the difference is added to your point total.

Also the top team in the power rankings at the end of the regular season, secures homefield all the way through the playoffs.

:goodposting: Anytime a team is awarded extra actual POINTS towards winning a matchup due to some draw like home field that is moronic. And winning a divison shouldn't be earning anyone extra points either. Isn't that why they invented SEEDING? In a typical 12 team leagie division winners usually earn the top seeds right? Isn't that enough?
Ask Roger Goodell. Why does the NFL have divisions AND seeding with the playoffs? Why does the NBA have seeding and also divisions and conferences?Each division winner is awarded a seed of #1-4 in typical 12 team leagues with 8 teams in the playoffs (3 teams per division) then there are 4 at-large playoff berths, frequently based on overall record or a "power ranking" system. The reward for winning your division is a guaranteed playoff berth and one of the top seeds which is awarded to a division winner. This is all pretty standard stuff. :rolleyes:
8 teams out of 12 make the playoffs in your "pretty standard stuff" league.... If 8 of your teams make the playoffs I guess I have to ask a more important question. What is the point of the regular season?

In my league we have HFA players, all the home teams get to pick one each week. If he outproduces one the guys you decided to start, the difference is added to your point total. Also the top team in the power rankings at the end of the regular season, secures homefield all the way through the playoffs.
Well, that's certainly entertaining and I kind of like it, but once again, we need to keep in mind like the Bud Light commercial says "the world of 'make believe' football" is what we're talking about.In the REAL NFL homefield advantage is kind of a big deal, but here, it's just a technicality for entertainment purposes. Allowing someone a redo of a lineup decision would never fly in my league. Bottom line is you're allowing someone a free screw up due to random luck of homefield.

:rolleyes: Anytime a team is awarded extra actual POINTS towards winning a matchup due to some draw like home field that is moronic. And winning a divison shouldn't be earning anyone extra points either. Isn't that why they invented SEEDING? In a typical 12 team league division winners usually earn the top seeds right? Isn't that enough?
Ask Roger Goodell. Why does the NFL have divisions AND seeding with the playoffs? Why does the NBA have seeding and also divisions and conferences?Each division winner is awarded a seed of #1-4 in typical 12 team leagues with 8 teams in the playoffs (3 teams per division) then there are 4 at-large playoff berths, frequently based on overall record or a "power ranking" system. The reward for winning your division is a guaranteed playoff berth and one of the top seeds which is awarded to a division winner. This is all pretty standard stuff. :rolleyes:
8 teams out of 12 make the playoffs in your "pretty standard stuff" league.... If 8 of your teams make the playoffs I guess I have to ask a more important question. What is the point of the regular season?
:fishing: This really isn't what the point is and what you originally were asking. The point is about division winners being awarded a top seed. You asked about what the point of having divisions is didn't you? I answered that question.Now you're being ciritical of something that is VERY common in likely well over half of all fantasy football leagues. :rolleyes: If you need to "win" this argument, then so be it.......you win. :hophead:

Just use it to break a tie in the post season only. We have decimal scoring, so we haven't had a tie in years, but that way we have it in place in case it is necessary.

In my league we have HFA players, all the home teams get to pick one each week. If he outproduces one the guys you decided to start, the difference is added to your point total. Also the top team in the power rankings at the end of the regular season, secures homefield all the way through the playoffs.
Well, that's certainly entertaining and I kind of like it, but once again, we need to keep in mind like the Bud Light commercial says "the world of 'make believe' football" is what we're talking about.In the REAL NFL homefield advantage is kind of a big deal, but here, it's just a technicality for entertainment purposes. Allowing someone a redo of a lineup decision would never fly in my league. Bottom line is you're allowing someone a free screw up due to random luck of homefield.
I forgot to add that the HFA can only replace a player at the same position of course. I understand the arguments against it, but I kind of like it because its designed to give the best team at the end of the regular season a small advantage in the POs.

How about the fact that the regular season actually means something, and that every sport in the United States uses it. I don't see a reason why a team that is 12-2 playing a team that is 5-9 should not have some sort of advantage for the way they performed in the regular season. It is not like the NFL where you can single out individual players for "good matchups", so the best way is to give a "team" extra points heading into the game. Without it, the regular season means nothing, and once you knew you made the playoffs, who cares? With home field, every game means something in terms of seeding. And for those saying the advantage is playing the weaker seed, how often are the 3rd through 8th seeds about the same caliber of team anyway?We typically give about a 20% bump for 1 vs 8, 15% for 2 vs. 7, 10% for 3 vs. 6, and 5% for 4 vs. 5. In the second round, the highest seed plays the lowest seed with a 10% bump, and the middle seeds play with the higher of the two getting a 5% bump. The Superbowl, as in the NFL, has no Home Field advantage. The percentages are estimates, we use actual points heading into it but our scoring is way different so it is easier to express in terms of percentage here.I would say, on average, that the lower seed overcomes the higher seed at about the same clip it happens in the NFL. An 8 seed can beat an 1 seed, but they are going to have to play a great game to do it (not just benefit from having better matchups in a particular week. We have done this for over 10 years and it has worked great.

Urlacher54 said:
LionsFan78 said:
How about the fact that the regular season actually means something, and that every sport in the United States uses it. I don't see a reason why a team that is 12-2 playing a team that is 5-9 should not have some sort of advantage for the way they performed in the regular season. It is not like the NFL where you can single out individual players for "good matchups", so the best way is to give a "team" extra points heading into the game. Without it, the regular season means nothing, and once you knew you made the playoffs, who cares? With home field, every game means something in terms of seeding. And for those saying the advantage is playing the weaker seed, how often are the 3rd through 8th seeds about the same caliber of team anyway?We typically give about a 20% bump for 1 vs 8, 15% for 2 vs. 7, 10% for 3 vs. 6, and 5% for 4 vs. 5. In the second round, the highest seed plays the lowest seed with a 10% bump, and the middle seeds play with the higher of the two getting a 5% bump. The Superbowl, as in the NFL, has no Home Field advantage. The percentages are estimates, we use actual points heading into it but our scoring is way different so it is easier to express in terms of percentage here.I would say, on average, that the lower seed overcomes the higher seed at about the same clip it happens in the NFL. An 8 seed can beat an 1 seed, but they are going to have to play a great game to do it (not just benefit from having better matchups in a particular week. We have done this for over 10 years and it has worked great.
Wow, interesting system to say the least. So basically if I'm a higher seed in your league I get spotted points for it and this is ok with everybody? So because this isn;t a real sport and we are playing make believe your way to use the concept of HFA is to give the better team based on earning the HFA more points anyways, that they shoudn't in theory NEED because they're already the better team?? :rolleyes: And as far as "just benefitting from having good matchups" um, that's kind of what fantasy football is I seem to think. Insetad of needing homefield advantage to get extra points how about just having the better team and actually win your game?? Yea, I know......weird.

i have an idea, don't have playoffs. i always though playoffs in fantasy football was moronic and way more luck then anything else. play 17 weeks, best teams have best records and winning %s, they should get the cash.

it's fantasy football not real football. so why have playoffs?

Urlacher54 said:
LionsFan78 said:
How about the fact that the regular season actually means something, and that every sport in the United States uses it. I don't see a reason why a team that is 12-2 playing a team that is 5-9 should not have some sort of advantage for the way they performed in the regular season.
:thumbup: Exactly which sports automatically spot the "home" team points?

Urlacher54 said:
LionsFan78 said:
How about the fact that the regular season actually means something, and that every sport in the United States uses it. I don't see a reason why a team that is 12-2 playing a team that is 5-9 should not have some sort of advantage for the way they performed in the regular season.
Exactly which sports automatically spot the "home" team points?
He means the concept of "home field advantage" of any kind. It's HIS league where their "definition" of what HFA means is to spot points. I think it's still crazy, but his league apparently thinks it's cool.Nothing like having a lead before any players even take the field. :rolleyes:

CMU37484 said:
LAUNCH said:
CMU37484 said:
LAUNCH said:
CMU37484 said:
LAUNCH said:
:crazy: Anytime a team is awarded extra actual POINTS towards winning a matchup due to some draw like home field that is moronic. And winning a divison shouldn't be earning anyone extra points either. Isn't that why they invented SEEDING? In a typical 12 team league division winners usually earn the top seeds right? Isn't that enough?
Ask Roger Goodell. Why does the NFL have divisions AND seeding with the playoffs? Why does the NBA have seeding and also divisions and conferences?Each division winner is awarded a seed of #1-4 in typical 12 team leagues with 8 teams in the playoffs (3 teams per division) then there are 4 at-large playoff berths, frequently based on overall record or a "power ranking" system. The reward for winning your division is a guaranteed playoff berth and one of the top seeds which is awarded to a division winner. This is all pretty standard stuff. :banned:
:fishing: This really isn't what the point is and what you originally were asking. The point is about division winners being awarded a top seed. You asked about what the point of having divisions is didn't you? I answered that question.Now you're being ciritical of something that is VERY common in likely well over half of all fantasy football leagues. :rolleyes: If you need to "win" this argument, then so be it.......you win. :hophead:
The only reason you posted in this thread was to argue about how you think it is moronic that people would actually do something that wasn't in your rules. Much like the short yellow bus special "everyone makes the playoff" rules that your league runs...everyone has their own way they think their league should be run. In ours we think that making the playoffs should be something of a challenge. Their should never be more people in the playoffs than who aren't. Your league seems to want everyone in it and that's cool for you. In my league we think that winning the division also means something. For that we award 3 points. Now in the 19 years of the league it has never come in to play, but it could and that makes winning the division important.

In one of my leagues, if you are at home you can select the starting requirements for that week (1 RB, 4 WRs, 1 TE; or 2 RBs 2 WRs 2 TEs, etc.). So the home team does not get "free points"... but if you are at home, you have a clear advantage by exploiting a strength or the opponent's weakness.

Urlacher54 said:
LionsFan78 said:
Exactly which sports automatically spot the "home" team points?
He means the concept of "home field advantage" of any kind. It's HIS league where their "definition" of what HFA means is to spot points. I think it's still crazy, but his league apparently thinks it's cool.Nothing like having a lead before any players even take the field. :popcorn:
Building on the quote with the 12-2 and 5-9 records, does anyone feel that a team that has a record under .500 deserves to win a championship?? Yes, that team probably shouldn't have made the playoffs. It happened last year in my league (I was 12-2 with Brady throwing a crappy game against the Jets) and lost even with the HFA. My belief is that the regular season needs to have some sort of meaning and that is the reward for having a good regular season.

All I see in this thread are really good arguments for total points leagues.
We have both actually. 1st through 4th in total points is awarded through the 16 weeks and then we still do have a playoffs and Super Bowl run that pays out the same as overall points. The bragging rights still revolve around the Super Bowl but the cash payout recognizes that the dominant team may have a bad game and not win the title, but still wins plenty of dough.12 guys in a local league and everyone is pretty happy with the system.

That sounds like a good league. I play in a lot of head to head leagues too, all of those with play-offs ect..., but the only reason I want to win a game is because I have the better team. I don't want to win it because I have imaginary HFA, I drew the one-eyed Jack, my starting QB is first in alphabetical order, ect...

As long as there is an amount of skill involved, I'm all for it. I don't even like the play-off scenarios above that reward you for what you did before the play-offs. I would prefer to be rewarded for what I did in the play-offs. Sometimes I'll draft a player with a good play-off schedule and take a few knocks in this season for it. I don't want to be in a league that knocks me twice.

There really isn't a right answer to "What is the best type of scoring system?", everybody has their own opinions, but in my opinion, there is no point playing the game if at the end of the season I really don't know how good I am.

Urlacher54 said:
LionsFan78 said:
This might be the dumbest thing I have seen. Ask the Giants and Steelers (both 7/8 seeds I believe) that won championships, if they should start games in the negative.

for the first years I played it was franchise fb from miller lite....like 91. since 02 I have only played wcoff and nffc...this year ffoc and I think all those big money leagues use this as some tie breaker but it has never come up that I know of.

Good luck all!

Urlacher54 said:
LionsFan78 said:
How about the fact that the regular season actually means something, and that every sport in the United States uses it. I don't see a reason why a team that is 12-2 playing a team that is 5-9 should not have some sort of advantage for the way they performed in the regular season. It is not like the NFL where you can single out individual players for "good matchups", so the best way is to give a "team" extra points heading into the game. Without it, the regular season means nothing, and once you knew you made the playoffs, who cares? With home field, every game means something in terms of seeding. And for those saying the advantage is playing the weaker seed, how often are the 3rd through 8th seeds about the same caliber of team anyway?We typically give about a 20% bump for 1 vs 8, 15% for 2 vs. 7, 10% for 3 vs. 6, and 5% for 4 vs. 5. In the second round, the highest seed plays the lowest seed with a 10% bump, and the middle seeds play with the higher of the two getting a 5% bump. The Superbowl, as in the NFL, has no Home Field advantage. The percentages are estimates, we use actual points heading into it but our scoring is way different so it is easier to express in terms of percentage here.

I would say, on average, that the lower seed overcomes the higher seed at about the same clip it happens in the NFL. An 8 seed can beat an 1 seed, but they are going to have to play a great game to do it (not just benefit from having better matchups in a particular week. We have done this for over 10 years and it has worked great.
20% bonus for the top seed?! So if the top seed scores 100, you have to score 121 to "beat" him? Wow, that is one silly rule.I don't see a reason why a team that is 12-2 playing a team that is 5-9 should not have some sort of advantage for the way they performed in the regular season.

The advantage is playing the 5-9 team in round 1. But hey, that's the great thing about fantasy football. Find 11 other guys who think a scoring twaek or wierd rule is pretty cool and you have yourself a fantasy league. More power to ya.

Urlacher54 said:
LionsFan78 said:
This might be the dumbest thing I have seen. Ask the Giants and Steelers (both 7/8 seeds I believe) that won championships, if they should start games in the negative.
Ask the Giants and Steelers if they would have rather played their playoff games at home. They do start at a disadvantage because they are playing on the enemy's turf. They just overcame it. All those who do not agree with this are acting like the home field in the NFL has anything to do with points. Obviously, it does not. But for the regular season to mean absolutely nothing is the dumbest thing I have ever seen. We use points because my players don't know the difference whether or not I am watching the game at my house or my opponents. Do you think teams that clinched a playoff spot keep playing their best because the better they do, the worse the team they face in the first round? Or do they play hard because they want to play on their own stadium? Would the 1st place team want to play the 6th seed on a neutral site, or the 5th seed at their home stadium? If you think they play hard to face the lesser team you are delusional. Since FF has no stadiums, we choose to have points represent the HFA. It is an advantage over your opponent, much like playing at your own stadium is. If there was a way to have actual HFA, we would. But since we are a bunch of geeks crunching numbers while living vicariously through felons, this is the best way to emulate it.You say it is dumb. Fine. To each his own. But I know that each week I have something more at stake than if we didn't use it.

that they shoudn't in theory NEED because they're already the better team?? :lmao:
What do you think HFA in sports is? The better team should in theory not NEED to play at home, but they do. It is an advantage they get for having the better regular season.

that they shoudn't in theory NEED because they're already the better team?? :thumbup:
What do you think HFA in sports is? The better team should in theory not NEED to play at home, but they do. It is an advantage they get for having the better regular season.
Right, but you're comparing HFA in REAL sports with our "make believe" world we all live in. The difference is that in these REAL sports you keep mentioning no one would ever spot another team points. But you're right.....to each his own. It works for your league so that's really all that matters.

that they shoudn't in theory NEED because they're already the better team?? :thumbup:
Right, but you're comparing HFA in REAL sports with our "make believe" world we all live in. The difference is that in these REAL sports you keep mentioning no one would ever spot another team points. But you're right.....to each his own. It works for your league so that's really all that matters.
They would never give a team a point for every 25 yards their QB passes either.The oddsmakers give the home team an auto 3 points in most cases so I see the 3 pts for HFA as a reasonable translation from real to fantasy.

In one league I am in, we have both offensive and defensive flex formations. The 'home team' gets to set the flex for either o or d, and the visiting team sets the other.

It allows the home team to trot out their best players and at times minimize the other team's studs.

For example, if your opponent has two stud WRs and your WRs are not doing so hot, but you both have relatively similar RBs, you could roll out three RBs, 2 TEs and now Wrs. Meanwhile, he could shut your LBs down as they are much better than his and go with just DBs and DLs.

It's an interesting system and it emphasizes building a balanced team that is solid top to bottom, rather than building around just one player. It's an auction/dynasty so you have to think long term as well.

Needless to say having homefield advantage in the playoffs makes a big difference but I see plenty of home teams outhink themselves so it isn't insurmountable.

LAUNCH said:
CMU37484 said:
LAUNCH said:
:bow: Anytime a team is awarded extra actual POINTS towards winning a matchup due to some draw like home field that is moronic. And winning a divison shouldn't be earning anyone extra points either. Isn't that why they invented SEEDING? In a typical 12 team leagie division winners usually earn the top seeds right? Isn't that enough?
Fun.We have a 20 year old league that has 4 divisions of 4.HFA is earned by record (just 1pt and tie breaker).Every owners meeting we bring up possible changes... noone wants any changes to format.Everyone likes divisions, HFA and the rivalries with/against divisions/conferences.We mix up the divisions every few years. Same time we do a full red-draft - its a keeper league.

For several years, we used to have a Home Field Advantage clause in case of ties in the playoffs. It was simply this. If you tied in the playoffs, the higher seed won the game due to "Home Field Advantage". After two ties being broken this way, we decided to change the tiebreaker system.This is our current tiebreaker system:

Before the start of each playoff game, each team will designate a Team Captain from their starting roster. If an owner fails to designate a Team Captain before the start of that week's game, the Team Captain will automatically default to the team's starting DEF/ST. Owners may designate a Team Captain by posting it on the league message board, emailing the Commissioner, or by calling the Commissioner.In the event of a playoff tie, the tiebreaker will be the total points scored by that week's Team Captain. If there is still a tie, the Commissioner will break the tie by a coin flip.
We haven't had to use this yet, but the owners generally feel that it's more fair than just awarding someone a win because they were the higher seed.

They would never give a team a point for every 25 yards their QB passes either.The oddsmakers give the home team an auto 3 points in most cases so I see the 3 pts for HFA as a reasonable translation from real to fantasy.
Big difference between the spread being adjusted by 3 points simply due to a homegame versus actually spotting someone actual points scored in the game IMHO.A "reasdonable translation" ? Nothing seems reasonable about giving another team a headstart in a game. But he's right as he's been saying "to each his own" as we can all make our leagues run any way we want if it entertains us.I'm going to suggest to my league from now on any team defense that is wearing drak jerseys on gamedays gets 2 sacks awarded to their points for that week. That'd be cool! :goodposting:

Since we let a high percentage of teams into our playoffs, we do a bunch of things to reward regular season success and a 3-point home field advantage for the higher seed is one of them (right up until the Super Bowl which is, of course, played on a neutral field). Byes, favorable matchups and a big chunk of the cash are some of the other rewards.

I love the idea of a home field advantage in FF. I like eliminating the "luck" factor to whatever extent possible. FF is silly enough with all the scoring rules in there (D gets penalized when the teams offense throws a pick 6, for example), why not try to negate the luck factor somewhat? I mean, we can't actually rest players during a bye or anything, either.

In fact, in one league we decided that the 6th playoff spot would go to the team with the highest point total, regardless of record, just to try to get rid of that hard luck factor where one team has a massive "points against." A team that was 3-11 or something got in, but we all agreed that he belonged, because he had more points than anyone in the league. After all, in FF, an owner cannot control how a team does against them.

Continue on with these rules that may appear off base. They make things fun. As for this CMU fellow, he seems bent on disparaging anything that is not in line with his own opinion on how a league should be. So be it.

In fact, in one league we decided that the 6th playoff spot would go to the team with the highest point total, regardless of record, just to try to get rid of that hard luck factor where one team has a massive "points against." A team that was 3-11 or something got in, but we all agreed that he belonged, because he had more points than anyone in the league. After all, in FF, an owner cannot control how a team does against them.
I've tried to sell this idea to my league for years, and I'm slowly getting more support for it. Hopefully we can implement this- or my second idea- within a few years.My second idea is to play against the league average each week. Each team would essentially play two games in any given week. The first is their head-to-head matchup with their opponent, and the second would be "against the league scoring average for that week". This is another way of mitigating the hard luck factor of playing the highest scoring team in the league each week. So if you lucked out and beat a team 70-64 that week, you would get one win. But, say the league average was 102 points for that week. Then you would get a loss that week as well.All things considered, I prefer the way your league does it, but I would go for either.

that they shoudn't in theory NEED because they're already the better team?? :wub:
This is what we do and exactly why. In real football, you get your 12th man giving you a slight advantage. We reflect that in our FFL. 3 point advantage. I just lost to it this past week, but I still agree with the concept.

We used to do it. 1 point during the season and 2 points during the playoff. We changed to KFFL and haven't used it since. No real loss for us. I do like the idea of using home field to break a tie though.

I used to play in 2 leagues that used a weekly home field advantage and I did not like it. Fantasy football should be my starting lineup against my opponents starting lineup. Neither of us should start with an advantage of any kind. Add the points up and high score wins.

To give one owner any kind of advantage over the opposing owner in a head-to-head matchup is ridiculous to me.

This is what we do and exactly why. In real football, you get your 12th man giving you a slight advantage. We reflect that in our FFL. 3 point advantage. I just lost to it this past week, but I still agree with the concept.
So your players scored more than his and you still lost and that's ok with you? :thumbup: As for the 12th man giving you a slight advantage, I'm going to use the Detroit Lions as an example....... There is no way there is ANY advantage for the Lions because they are playing in Detroit. The empty seats and fans with bags over the heads certainly does not inspire the team to play better. If anything, the visiting team is more ticked off that they have to come play that crapass team and unleash hell on them even more for the inconvenience.

Some irritatingly toolish posts by some of the anti-HFA camp in here. Typical.

My league uses HFA as the tie-breaker in the playoffs. It seems like a fair way to replicate the type of advantage a home team in real football might get - without actually spotting any points. Even nicer is that, since we use decimal scoring, ties almost never happen - so it FEELS like an advantage to the home team, but in all reality is very very unlikely to ever come into play. We've not yet had a single tie in 10 years.

This concept of home team setting the starter requirements has me intrigued. I'm curious if anyone who uses this system can tell me what the actual impact on their league has been - like, what % of home teams win their games?

CMU37484 said:
NOONAN said:
So your players scored more than his and you still lost and that's ok with you? :rolleyes: As for the 12th man giving you a slight advantage, I'm going to use the Detroit Lions as an example.......

There is no way there is ANY advantage for the Lions because they are playing in Detroit. The empty seats and fans with bags over the heads certainly does not inspire the team to play better. If anything, the visiting team is more ticked off that they have to come play that crapass team and unleash hell on them even more for the inconvenience.
Have you ever played in a sport? The Lions may be bad, and bad at home. Be that as it may, the Lions are still a better team at home. No travel, more sleep, familiar surroundings - just to name a few of the myriad of reasons playing at home is an advantage.You don't need to argue with everyone who posts in favor of HFA. The thread title asks if anyone uses it, so don't be surprised to find a few posts that support it in here. Maybe start your own thread where you can talk about why HFA should not be used and is moronic, foolish, or some other equally dismissive, conceited and disrespectful adjective. That would be fun for you.

Users who are viewing this thread