What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Horses out of the barn: things that may change forever after coronavirus  (2 Viewers)

I can’t believe there isn’t more of this.   I mentioned something similar to this in another thread.   It’s time to quit depending on China for so much stuff.  We need to change our buying habits.   
The only way that happens is if people are willing to pay $5,000 for their iPhones.
End of the day, it's about the :moneybag:  and Americans aren't ready to pay what it would cost if we didn't buy "Made in China".. 

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Smile
Reactions: JAA
The only way that happens is if people are willing to pay $5,000 for their iPhones.
End of the day, it's about the :moneybag:  and Americans aren't ready to pay what it would cost if we didn't buy "Made in China".. 
Or we make trade more attractive and invest in Mexico and Central America to develop their base, which solves the immigration problem in theory

If there are no bailouts for them, then some cruise lines will absolutely fold.  However, there's going to be rich people seeing these massive $3 billion dollar ships sitting there for pennies on the dollar that will buy them out and start something again.  Cruises will be cheap as hell for about a year and a half to 2 years, then we'll be right back to where we were.  

WFH?  I am honestly surprised this hasn't happened earlier.  I think not only this, but also a 4 day work week will start to gain a ton of traction in the US as after a few months of not running the hamster wheel consistently at the office, more and more Americans will start to place freedom and flexibility as priorities over the bottom dollar.
Saw that Carnival has offered their ships up to the gov't for use as non-corona virus 'make-shift' floating hospitals. Their idea was to get 'regular' patients out of the hospitals. They would offer their staff up for cleaning and meals and stuff like that. Interesting thought.

People will be better prepared for events such as this and keep a stock of essentials.   A storage of water, TP, and canned goods will be normal in most homes.  
Nope, never happen.  As someone already mentioned, people panic buy when there is the threat of a hurricane ... and they live on the coast. 

More like a huge spike in divorces.    I'd be going insane if I was home with my ex-wife and young kids for days on end.
My wife and I have several friends, marred couples, that are at bars 3-4 nights a week.  We figure during this time they will realize how much they really don't like each other, which is why they never stay home.

'Perfect Attendance' awards.
I've never been a fan of these and would love to see this entire concept go away.

Users who are viewing this thread