What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Horses out of the barn: things that may change forever after coronavirus  (3 Viewers)

This is funny to me.  You're sitting at a table others have sat at.  Touching the same stuff.  Hell using the same utensils others have stuck in their disgusting mouths.  Having food prepared by strangers in who knows what kind of environment and it's the menus that bother you about eating out? 
The salt and pepper shakers, condiment bottles, etc. have always weirded me out. The menus as well. I really hope that we rethink how food service is handled in our country. I'm not sure I have solutions but it's clear from responses here that restaurants are not necessarily as clean as most would hope.

Things like going to the movies might be kind of trivial. Seems kinda trivial. But - in a little while we might be sitting back saying this Covid thing forced us - on a global scale, to stop our daily grind for the blink of an eye to meditate, ponder globalization & human interaction. A chance for the global subconscious (if you will) to take a much-needed break and establish a base - a starting point for a whole new level of growth and blooming outburst of human life, knowledge and energy.. on a global scale. Are we not as "connected" as we've ever been before? (However you want to define the term connected is fine) but that's my prediction. A Global, simultaneous meditation is my answer to this thread's question. Can you give me that one because I think it could be right on point. Especially if you believe in the possibility of a global subconscious. And also provided you are familiar with meditation and its benefits.

The salt and pepper shakers, condiment bottles, etc. have always weirded me out. The menus as well. I really hope that we rethink how food service is handled in our country. I'm not sure I have solutions but it's clear from responses here that restaurants are not necessarily as clean as most would hope.
I find it best to not think about how often ice bins in restaurants and gas stations are not cleaned.  :shock:

If you weren't having sex before the CoronaVirus, you certainly weren't having sex since it became a thing.

I don't see any spike coming in 9 months.
Couples forced to work from home and are together exponentially more than usual and can’t really leave the house to do much of anything.   Seems to me a lot more secks happening to pass the time. 

Couples forced to work from home and are together exponentially more than usual and can’t really leave the house to do much of anything.   Seems to me a lot more secks happening to pass the time. 
Be ready for the 2021 baby boom.....

People will go back to being disgusting and not washing their hands. 
I think back to the freakin Neanderthals who walk straight out of stall 3 at O’Hare into the terminal without washing their hands. Then touching things in a plane. I think I’ll wipe down seats, arm rests and tray tables for every flight the rest of my life. Standard procedure. 

OR...  They are stuck together all the time and really don't want to.

OR...  They are stuck together all the time and really don't want to.
Even if they did want to they may have had prevention in the house if they thought the number of kids they already had was sufficient

Utensils are cleaned before each new use. Tables are wiped down. Restaurants have to pass a health inspection. Menus are passed person to person without being wiped except maybe before or after each day’s service. Not the same thing. 
Menu on your phone seems doable.

Judge Smails said:
I think back to the freakin Neanderthals who walk straight out of stall 3 at O’Hare into the terminal without washing their hands. Then touching things in a plane. I think I’ll wipe down seats, arm rests and tray tables for every flight the rest of my life. Standard procedure. 
Or the airlines will start doing this as part of their standard between-flights procedure, meaning more time needed between flights and higher fares (which is ludicrous because they'd be what, paying a couple of people to wipe down a plane?).

For a few weeks (months?) after society returns to normal TP sales will be down
I was thinking about that this morning.  Now that everyone has a year's supply of TP, wouldn't the shelves be full again in a couple of weeks?

If there are no bailouts for them, then some cruise lines will absolutely fold.  However, there's going to be rich people seeing these massive $3 billion dollar ships sitting there for pennies on the dollar that will buy them out and start something again.  Cruises will be cheap as hell for about a year and a half to 2 years, then we'll be right back to where we were.  

WFH?  I am honestly surprised this hasn't happened earlier.  I think not only this, but also a 4 day work week will start to gain a ton of traction in the US as after a few months of not running the hamster wheel consistently at the office, more and more Americans will start to place freedom and flexibility as priorities over the bottom dollar.

I was thinking about that this morning.  Now that everyone has a year's supply of TP, wouldn't the shelves be full again in a couple of weeks?
didn't notice that with tp b/c i had purchased recently, but things are getting closer to normal at costco now that the initial wave has passed.   

If there are no bailouts for them, then some cruise lines will absolutely fold.  However, there's going to be rich people seeing these massive $3 billion dollar ships sitting there for pennies on the dollar that will buy them out and start something again.  Cruises will be cheap as hell for about a year and a half to 2 years, then we'll be right back to where we were.  
Christ, I don't know how much cheaper they can get.    I'll take it though.   I got a 125% credit for the one I was supposed to take next week and I'll be looking to go now over winter break so maybe I can upgrade to a suite.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I will pay whatever price it takes, in dollars or convenience, for a total economic war with china which ends with their total isolation from western markets and to drive these bastards into and through the ground.   Their slow rolling information on this virus was an act of war and if they had knowledge into January that Chloroquine may have been a hedge or solution against, they have no business in the world community.   

I will pay whatever price it takes, in dollars or convenience, for a total economic war with china which ends with their total isolation from western markets and to drive these bastards into and through the ground.   Their slow rolling information on this virus was an act of war and if they had knowledge into January that Chloroquine may have been a hedge or solution against, they have no business in the world community.   
Ok

I worked Full Time from home at my last company for 4 years and my current company has a "Work at home when you need/want to"( Now WFH until further notice) ..
I mentioned in another thread some people have told me straight out they have a hard time concentrating when WFH...  and I guess there are many in the same boat as we have a meeting tomorrow to help people be more productive while working from home..
So strange to me, but then again I've been doing it for years and find myself more productive at home then at work.

As for Movies - I prefer the theater.. Yea, you have to deal with some obnoxious people. But at least while at the Theater, for 2+ hours, you are "lost to the real world"..
When watching at home there is always distractions of others talking, phone calls, the "look at my phone", etc. that distract from the escape.

Keep in mind for the WFH right now, they are probably also stuck with a spouse and kids at home.  I worked from home 3 days a week before this happened.  Now it's all 5.  But the big difference is now my wife and 2 kids are here too.  I've actually been fine because we're all working and my kids are older and doing school work.  But I can imagine it's hard from some people to concentrate with those distractions.  Plus, I'm sure many are spending their time starting at facebook or the news with all that's going on.

Keep in mind for the WFH right now, they are probably also stuck with a spouse and kids at home.  I worked from home 3 days a week before this happened.  Now it's all 5.  But the big difference is now my wife and 2 kids are here too.  I've actually been fine because we're all working and my kids are older and doing school work.  But I can imagine it's hard from some people to concentrate with those distractions.  Plus, I'm sure many are spending their time starting at facebook or the news with all that's going on.
:yes:  I've put myself in the garage or on the back porch to work. Kids do school work inside. It's really good to see the quality of online material the teachers put out. I don't think it happens full time for most, but you really could do online classes at any grade. 

We're still not on total lock down, just don't go to work and keep 6' from everyone. 

there are more people walking, cycling, and jogging on our greenways these past few days than I've seen ever.  Instead of going to gyms and stores they're going outside. Which I hope is good, I know I stay sane a lot better when I have been outdoors.

:yes:  I've put myself in the garage or on the back porch to work. Kids do school work inside. It's really good to see the quality of online material the teachers put out. I don't think it happens full time for most, but you really could do online classes at any grade. 

We're still not on total lock down, just don't go to work and keep 6' from everyone. 

there are more people walking, cycling, and jogging on our greenways these past few days than I've seen ever.  Instead of going to gyms and stores they're going outside. Which I hope is good, I know I stay sane a lot better when I have been outdoors.
My wife and I have walked the dogs every day since this started.  We have a fenced yard so almost never did it before. Now it's a good excuse to get out of the house. My gym is at work (those 2 days I'm in the office) so I can't hit that right now.  And my wife usually goes to a local gym...

spOOfy said:
Yea, for those not use to WFH then I can see that. When we had a child at home I never had any issues.. If my Office door was closed, it means stay out.. and the wife helped enforce that.

For me, productive is the opposite while WFH then in the office.. I work longer hours at home..
I get up at 5am, going to the office is a 45 to 60 minute drive in, and then the same drive home.. I try to tell myself when WFH  "you get a 2 hour break during the day".. but it never happens..
The other day a late afternoon meeting was called for a time frame I normally would have been on the road. I ended up joining and put in a 12 hour day.

This week was my first full week WFH with this new company and I'll be reporting 50+ hours, whereas working in the office it would have been 40-42.  :loco:

spOOfy said:
-OZ- said:

My wife and I have walked the dogs every day since this started.  We have a fenced yard so almost never did it before. Now it's a good excuse to get out of the house. My gym is at work (those 2 days I'm in the office) so I can't hit that right now.  And my wife usually goes to a local gym...
lucky bastards   .. Weather here has been 40 as a high at best... Warmer weather would helped the "cooped up" feeling I'm having. 
It's gotten to a point that I can't wait to drive to the FedEx location ( 20 minute :drive:  ) on Saturday just to have something to do out of the house.

lucky bastards   .. Weather here has been 40 as a high at best... Warmer weather would helped the "cooped up" feeling I'm having. 
It's gotten to a point that I can't wait to drive to the FedEx location ( 20 minute :drive:  ) on Saturday just to have something to do out of the house.
This, the bolded.  This would be a bunch easier if it were 65 and sunny on a regular basis.  40s and 50s here in NY, not great. In another month or two this will get a bunch easier in that respect...

This, the bolded.  This would be a bunch easier if it were 65 and sunny on a regular basis.  40s and 50s here in NY, not great. In another month or two this will get a bunch easier in that respect...
Its 75 today.  Weather has been great for exercising.  

Smack Tripper said:
I can’t believe there isn’t more of this.   I mentioned something similar to this in another thread.   It’s time to quit depending on China for so much stuff.  We need to change our buying habits.   

Users who are viewing this thread