What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hot WRs for 2006? (1 Viewer)

weasel3515

Footballguy
My league adopted using 1 pt per reception last season and saw the value of WRs basically equal that of RBs. With that in mind, who do you see as having great picks next year?

I'll venture to guess:

Lee Evans, Buffalo

Chris Chambers, Miami

Darrell Jackson, Seattle

Plaxico Burress, N.Y.Giants

thoughts?

I don't think any of them will be "great picks" if you are referring to value. Maybe Evans will be. The prob, IMO, is you mentioned some quality WRs

obvious:

Boldin

Harrison

SSmith

a few more that offer value:

Mike Clayton

DMason

Horn

SMoss

Coles (depending on QB)

Engram is a good WR4 for this type of league

this is just a start .............

Guys that get a shot in the arm in PPR leagues that are not uber expensive . . .

Derrick Mason

Antonio Bryant

Keenan McCardell

Keyshawn Johnson

Bobby Engram

Muhsin Muhammad

Kevin Curtis

Amani Toomer

Not much value, but I expect the Lions offense to get a shot in the arm w/ Martz arrival. A butload of talent, but no coaching. Martz game calling is suspect at best, but he did develop Torry Holt, and got more out of Az Hakim than he should have. Also Ike Bruce had his best years up there.

My league adopted using 1 pt per reception last season and saw the value of WRs basically equal that of RBs. With that in mind, who do you see as having great picks next year?

I'll venture to guess:

Lee Evans, Buffalo

Chris Chambers, Miami

Darrell Jackson, Seattle

thoughts?
Jackson is the only one on this list that I would count on being a 90 catch guy. I could easily see all the others finishing in the 60-70 range.

Not much value, but I expect the Lions offense to get a shot in the arm w/ Martz arrival. A butload of talent, but no coaching. Martz game calling is suspect at best, but he did develop Torry Holt, and got more out of Az Hakim than he should have. Also Ike Bruce had his best years up there.
I hope you're right, but I think you may be giving Martz a little too much credit here. Torry Holt was "developed" before Martz even knew who he was:1998 ACC Offensive Player of the Year

N.C. State records:

Single Game: 15 receptions, 5 TDs, 255 total yards

Single Season: 88 Receptions, 16 TDs, 1604 Total Yards

Career: 191 Receptions, 31 TDs, 3379 Total Yards, 14-100-yard games

Guys that get a shot in the arm in PPR leagues that are not uber expensive . . .

Derrick Mason

Antonio Bryant

Keenan McCardell

Keyshawn Johnson

Bobby Engram

Muhsin Muhammad

Kevin Curtis

Amani Toomer
:yes: Especially *if* Boller really has turned the corner and *if* Grossman stays healthy....both gentlemen in bold are great examples of proven vets that are coming off quiet seasons so they will be undervalued. However, they are in potentially very good situations. Essentially, neither can do much worse than last year, but they can post much better numbers in 2006.

Not much value, but I expect the Lions offense to get a shot in the arm w/ Martz arrival.  A butload of talent, but no coaching.  Martz game calling is suspect at best, but he did develop Torry Holt, and got more out of Az Hakim than he should have.  Also Ike Bruce had his best years up there.
I hope you're right, but I think you may be giving Martz a little too much credit here. Torry Holt was "developed" before Martz even knew who he was:1998 ACC Offensive Player of the Year

N.C. State records:

just about every NFL player was great in college. There's still a learning curve to a more complex +much faster game. I'm not sure if it'd be Martz. I think the Rams WR coach(and probably Isaac Bruce) deserve alot of credit. He hasn't struggled like just about every young WR does. Remember Martz O was like 600 plays.

Not much value, but I expect the Lions offense to get a shot in the arm w/ Martz arrival.  A butload of talent, but no coaching.  Martz game calling is suspect at best, but he did develop Torry Holt, and got more out of Az Hakim than he should have.  Also Ike Bruce had his best years up there.

N.C. State records:

Didn't David Terrell have a really great college career too? :bag:

Derrick Mason

Antonio Bryant

Keenan McCardell

Keyshawn Johnson

Bobby Engram

Muhsin Muhammad

Kevin Curtis

Amani Toomer
:yes: Especially *if* Boller really has turned the corner and *if* Grossman stays healthy....both gentlemen in bold are great examples of proven vets that are coming off quiet seasons so they will be undervalued. However, they are in potentially very good situations. Essentially, neither can do much worse than last year, but they can post much better numbers in 2006.
I agree with Mason, but I think Bernard Berrian will do better than most people will expect, thus cutting into Mushin's production.

I agree with Mason, but I think Bernard Berrian will do better than most people will expect, thus cutting into Mushin's production.
Chicago WRs, esp young ones, have been fools gold the last 4-5 years. Why do you think Berrian is different?

My league adopted using 1 pt per reception last season and saw the value of WRs basically equal that of RBs.  With that in mind, who do you see as having great picks next year?

I'll venture to guess:

Lee Evans, Buffalo

Chris Chambers, Miami

Darrell Jackson, Seattle

thoughts?
Jackson is the only one on this list that I would count on being a 90 catch guy. I could easily see all the others finishing in the 60-70 range.
Jackson is definitely the only guy here that gets a huge boost from ppr. Chambers and Evans are more deep threats and Burress is as well. These are more big play guys not those that will rack up 10 receptions in a game. Chambers has that potential but Miami doesn't move the chains by completing tons of passes, they pound the ball and throw downfield to open up the run.

Chicago WRs, esp young ones, have been fools gold the last 4-5 years. Why do you think Berrian is different?
call it a hunch, but grossman seemed comfortable with him when he came back from the injury. Berrian had a nice game vs. Carolina in the playoffs taking some pressure off muhammed. Berrian is also entering his 3rd season or "break out" year of his NFL career that so many of us fantasy geeks look for in a sleeper.

:goodposting: In 2005 Muhammad only caught 64 balls for 750 yards resulting in a paltry 11.7 avg. (vs his 13.3 career YPC) and only four TD's, so there isn't much "production" to cut into....I think if another WR in CHI poses any kind of threat to a defense then it will only help Moose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread