What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you deal with a sexist remark made by a co worker? (1 Viewer)

bosoxs45

Footballguy
I've been out of the loop on pop culture lately. I overheard one of the friends accusing Brie Larson to be an extremist Nazi feminist while on lunch break. Meanwhile, I am going to dinner Saturday night on a double date. (She's pretty progressive) I don't know what to do. How would you talk to him? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I really don't worry much about what someone says when it comes to sexist, racist, we all live in America with that freedom of speech.

But don't let it be a black and a white one 'cause they'll slam ya down to the street top. Black police showing off for the white cop. 

I've been out of the loop on pop culture lately. I overheard one of the friends accusing Brie Larson to be an extremist Nazi feminist while on lunch break. Meanwhile, I am going to dinner Saturday night on a double date. (She's pretty progressive) I don't know what to do. How would you talk to him? 
Here is how your post sounds to everyone else:

I overheard a friend of Brie Larson who claimed that Brie was a Nazi feminist. And not just any Nazi feminist, but an extreme one. (But apparently she is only a Nazi feminist for approximately one hour every weekday.)

Meanwhile, in a totally unrelated piece of news, I am going on a double date on Saturday night.

One of the three other people on the date is a transsexual who has progressed to being a male.

I don't know what to do. How would you talk to him?

1. Dude is kinda correct about how Brie probably behaves on her lunch breaks but he shouldn't be calling anybody potentially inflammatory names in a work environment.  Have a brief conversation and ask him to watch what says and if he can't there will be consequences.  Tell the offended to cowboy up and take it like a man or they'll be making sandwiches.

2.  Order veal and foie gras for your progressive date. Find somebody else to make you sandwiches to take to Brie on her lunch break.

My eyes are bleeding.

ive been out of the loop on drill bits lately i overheard one my coworkers accusing our bossman of being an extreme larooshwad in the break room meanwhile i am going to drop a new water pump in to my pos car on saturday night the guy at the oreillys is pretty progressive and i dont know what to do how do i talk to her take that to the bank brohans  

ive been out of the loop on drill bits lately i overheard one my coworkers accusing our bossman of being an extreme larooshwad in the break room meanwhile i am going to drop a new water pump in to my pos car on saturday night the guy at the oreillys is pretty progressive and i dont know what to do how do i talk to her take that to the bank brohans  
Now THAT makes more sense.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
Wth is going on in this post?

- "The Friends".....whose? Guy/gal?

- You're going on a double date with who?

- Who is "him"?

:mellow:
He's going on a double date for lunch on Saturday with Brie Larson and Flo from Progressive and isn't sure how to talk to them but wants to at least drive home the point that he's an extremist Nazi feminist.

Your co-worker listens to Limbaugh and used his term of femi-nazi to describe Lawson.

Lawson is just this year's "It" girl who is using her fame to promote her worldview which is that 40-ish year old white dude movie reviewers have no place in reviewing her female-empowerment movie.

They're both airheads and should probably just be ignored.

Who cares what someone says about a loser celebrity. People worry about the most inane crap. 
Or the problem could have to do with anyone in an office environment calling anyone else a Nazi, unless they said "Adolf Hitler was a Nazi. Just my observation that I thought I would express out loud in the office for no particular reason whatsoever."

he's not far from the truth, so not sure what's so sexist about it.   have you read anything in the last 5 years from Brie Larson?   probably not

I can't believe David Schwimmer said that about Brie larson

for posterity ;)

for posterity
well done.

this is making even less sense on a second read.

Users who are viewing this thread