What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you log out? (1 Viewer)

BlueDredSo

Footballguy
I just logged into my friends computer to check out some of the latest rankings, etc. I closed the window and went back to the site and noticed that I didn't have to log-in again...and I don't see anywhere to log out! My friend knows I use this site and he visits the page to check out the free stuff. I really don't want him having free access to this content under my account because he didn't pay for it, and he's an owner in one of my most important leagues!

Help me out guys! Footballguys is becoming less and less of a secret to everyone in the fantasy football world. I don't need to be leaking out top secret info! :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
It didn't ask me to save the password. At the top of the screen it still says 'Login' under username with the 7 or 8 black dots in the password field. Yet, I can access everything you have to pay for. There is nothing that says 'Logout' anywhere on the site, at least that I can see.

Ok, I'm logged out. I had to go to the subscriber contest page. At the bottom, you know how it says, "If you're not ____ _____ then please 'Logout'. That was a pain in the ### though. The computer kept me logged in the entire time while I didn't have a single browser window open....?

Shouldn't it automatically log you out if you don't save the password and close the window? I'm thinking we might want to let people know about this. I mean I guess you could just make sure to log out every time you're on here with someone else's computer, but I'm one of probably many people that assume you'll be logged out when the window is closed.

Ok, I'm logged out. I had to go to the subscriber contest page. At the bottom, you know how it says, "If you're not ____ _____ then please 'Logout'. That was a pain in the ### though. The computer kept me logged in the entire time while I didn't have a single browser window open....?Shouldn't it automatically log you out if you don't save the password and close the window? I'm thinking we might want to let people know about this.
The browser stores that information in the cookies. It is intended to be a convenient for the user.

You're right. I didn't think about that. Dangerous.

I think they may want to make the 'Logout' link more noticeable. I'm still not even seeing it when I visit different pages. At the top it just has 'Login' as the username with the black dots in the password section, even though I am logged in already.

Ok, I'm logged out. I had to go to the subscriber contest page. At the bottom, you know how it says, "If you're not ____ _____ then please 'Logout'. That was a pain in the ### though. The computer kept me logged in the entire time while I didn't have a single browser window open....?Shouldn't it automatically log you out if you don't save the password and close the window? I'm thinking we might want to let people know about this.
The browser stores that information in the cookies. It is intended to be a convenient for the user.
Yeah. Your buddy could have it set to automatically save passwords instead of asking. If you had cleared the saved passwords that would have done it, but then he would have lost all other saved passwords. A log out option might be handy.

That's what I'm saying. As far as I can see there is no 'Logout' option once you login. You just stay logged in. Most other sites have the 'Logout' option at the very top no matter where you go on the site.

It is surprising that when you are logged in, it doesn't show your name with a "Hello, dtour77". makes you feel kinda like another subscription, not a FBG family member.

At the very least it should have:

Logged in as: BlueDredSo (Log Out)

At the top of the screen...

It does on the forums, but not on the main site with all of the subscriber content??? :thumbup:

Ok, I'm logged out. I had to go to the subscriber contest page. At the bottom, you know how it says, "If you're not ____ _____ then please 'Logout'. That was a pain in the ### though. The computer kept me logged in the entire time while I didn't have a single browser window open....?

Shouldn't it automatically log you out if you don't save the password and close the window? I'm thinking we might want to let people know about this. I mean I guess you could just make sure to log out every time you're on here with someone else's computer, but I'm one of probably many people that assume you'll be logged out when the window is closed.
There ya go...I'm sure your friend would be honest and logout...

OK, I've added a Logout link to the header bar on the home page. I need some folks with IE6 to take a look at the front page and let me know if the link looks OK. It should appear just to the right of the Subscribe and Help links in the brown bar at the top of the page.

If it looks OK in IE6 I will add it to a bunch more pages.

As far as having the top bar read "Hello <user>" if you're logged in, that's something I'm looking at enabling but I'm going to wait until the season starts to see how our server load looks on Sunday morning. Enabling that functionality would require additional server resources on our subscribers server so I want to make sure we've got plenty of slack during the Sunday morning rush before making any changes there.

Users who are viewing this thread