What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you sleep? Back, side, stomach, other? (1 Viewer)

How do you sleep?

• On your back

Votes: 25 18.4%
  • On your side

Votes: 78 57.4%
  • On your stomach

Votes: 27 19.9%
  • Other-I’m super weird

Votes: 6 4.4%

• Total voters
What, no "Sprawled on the bathroom floor" option?

I'm usually on my right side - I've heard that's healthier for the heart?  Sleeping on my back supposedly increases my likelihood of snoring, too.

Doing some pushups before going to sleep seems to help me sleep, too.

What is the "other" option? Hanging upside down? Standing? Sitting in a chair? (My grandfather slept in a chair the last couple of years he was alive)
It's a ####ty pole.  I chose other because I flip flop between all 4 positions he listed.

Actually what got me thinking of this. I sleep often on my stomach with my arms folded under my head/pillow, and I have been deceloping shoulder and upper back issues. Thinking maybe this isn’t helping. 
Yeah, I get the shoulder pain, too, and have consciously been trying to keep that arm at my side rather than under the pillow. Definitely takes getting used to.

What is the "other" option? Hanging upside down? Standing? Sitting in a chair? (My grandfather slept in a chair the last couple of years he was alive)
Honest to god my old Spanish teacher slept sitting. Not sure why she told us or why I remember, but I do remember her telling every class that she slept sitting up in bed. 

Actually what got me thinking of this. I sleep often on my stomach with my arms folded under my head/pillow, and I have been deceloping shoulder and upper back issues. Thinking maybe this isn’t helping. 
I'm only 29 but had the same problem. Used to sleep on my stomach, one or both arms folded under the pillow. My shoulders started feeling very loose/sore over time and even my elbows were hurting sometimes.

Within the last year I've switched to two of the examples already given in here:

1. On back with pillow under knees

2. On side, pillow under one side so I'm laying at an angle with one leg bent up and the other straight, which is most similar to the old stomach sleeping with no downsides as I keep my arms straight. 

This is further complicated by the fact I've been sharing a bed with the same woman who sleeps the same way for almost 10 years, she curls up towards the center of the bed, always. We have a queen sized mattress but no one wants to sleep face to face all night so I mostly face outward. Maybe we should switch sides once in a while, idk. 

After hanging out in Krista’s Beatles thread for the past several weeks, I can’t help but look at the title of this one and start humming John Lennon’s acerbic tune of the same name. Who sleeps in one position anyway? Roll Over Beethoven, I’m So Tired.
Your presence has been sorely missed lately.   :(  

We should work an “I’m Only Sleeping” reference in, too.

Side/stomach...  trying to work the back sleeping in there as I've been struggling lately w/ the stomach sleeping and pain in the neck/shoulders.  

Will try the pillow under knees back technique...

Also, just in the last year I've been waking up around 4-430.  I go take a leak (getting old is fun!)  but then I struggle to get back to sleep.  I fall asleep easily at bedtime, but for some reason after returning to bed my mind starts running through the day and I can't get back to sleep.  The last two days I've been up since 430 and 5, even tho my alarm is set for 615.  Really sucks.  

Users who are viewing this thread