What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How I Met Your Mother (1 Viewer)

A big reason you liked it and others didn't is because you missed the last couple years and didn't have the Ted/Robin stuff beaten into your head like the rest of us.
Yeah that would make sense. Were most fans pro Robin/Barney? When that relationship started getting serious is when I tuned out. Never bought into that all that much.

A big reason you liked it and others didn't is because you missed the last couple years and didn't have the Ted/Robin stuff beaten into your head like the rest of us.
Yeah that would make sense. Were most fans pro Robin/Barney? When that relationship started getting serious is when I tuned out. Never bought into that all that much.
I wouldn't say that most fans were "pro Robin/Barney". But it did seem like a logical plot direction that was worth exploring.

Yes

Really though, this would have been a lot better without the Barney / Robin stuff

It sounds terrible, but that's secretly what we all want. I challenge you to find a married person who doesn't once in a while think, hey, if my spouse were to die suddenly, I'd wait a respectful amount of time, but then here's what I'd do. Or replay some past romance in their head, thinking about how they could have changed their life if they'd just done this instead of that. It doesn't matter how much you love your wife, you want to have your cake and eat it too. And that's exactly what Ted and Robin got.
:bye:

Found one right here.

I guess I'm strange and all, but if (God forbid) anything should happen to my wife, I'm set. I will have had many happy years with my true love and will devote the rest of my own years to her and her memory, as well as to our two children. I can't speak for my wife, though - she's much more likely to eventually remarry if something should happen to me.

Anyway, I have no idea just how unusual my attitude is, but it definitely causes me to get annoyed by an ending like this. Heck, it's the reason I never liked Braveheart. His affair with the other chick ruined the whole feel of the movie for me, especially the scene near the end where he sees his wife.

I refuse to believe that the crappy finale of HIMYM didn't have something to do with this.
'How I Met Your Mother' spinoff: 'Didn't work out'
By Lynette Rice on May 14, 2014 at 9:47AM
twitter-bird-16x16.png
@ewlynette

One of the most glaring omissions from CBS’ fall schedule is How I Met Your Dad, the much-talked about spinoff of CBS’ long-running comedy. But CBS topper Nina Tassler told reporters Wednesday that “things on the pilot didn’t work out” and the producers can now shop it elsewhere.

The hope was to retool the comedy pilot but the producers weren’t interested in returning to the drawing table. The comedy pilot starred Greta Gerwig as Sally, who gradually reveals how she met her partner in flashback. It’s from writers/exec producers Emily Spivey and HIMYM creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas.

“We have an extraordinary track record of retooling shows,” said Tassler, who referred to The Big Bang Theory, Numb3rs and this year’s The McCarthys — which started out last development season as a single-camera comedy and returns this fall as a multi-cam — as recent examples. “We tried to reach out and engage them about redoing the pilot, but that it’s just not happening. You run into these kinds of issues. You hope they can resolve themselves. They haven’t.

“I’m heartsick,” Tassler continued. “It wasn’t what they wanted to do.”

GET MORE EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!

CBS only ordered two new comedies for the 2014-15 season — The Odd Couple with Matthew Perry and The McCarthys with Laurie Metcalf. In The Odd Couple, Perry plays slob Oscar Madison and Thomas Lennon is neat freak Felix Unger. They are two former college buddies who become unlikely roommates after the demise of their marriages.

The McCarthys, which also stars Jack McGee, Tyler Ritter and Joey McIntyre, is about a sports-crazed Boston family.

I refuse to believe that the crappy finale of HIMYM didn't have something to do with this.
'How I Met Your Mother' spinoff: 'Didn't work out'
By Lynette Rice on May 14, 2014 at 9:47AM
twitter-bird-16x16.png
@ewlynette

One of the most glaring omissions from CBS’ fall schedule is How I Met Your Dad, the much-talked about spinoff of CBS’ long-running comedy. But CBS topper Nina Tassler told reporters Wednesday that “things on the pilot didn’t work out” and the producers can now shop it elsewhere.

The hope was to retool the comedy pilot but the producers weren’t interested in returning to the drawing table. The comedy pilot starred Greta Gerwig as Sally, who gradually reveals how she met her partner in flashback. It’s from writers/exec producers Emily Spivey and HIMYM creators Carter Bays and Craig Thomas.

“We have an extraordinary track record of retooling shows,” said Tassler, who referred to The Big Bang Theory, Numb3rs and this year’s The McCarthys — which started out last development season as a single-camera comedy and returns this fall as a multi-cam — as recent examples. “We tried to reach out and engage them about redoing the pilot, but that it’s just not happening. You run into these kinds of issues. You hope they can resolve themselves. They haven’t.

“I’m heartsick,” Tassler continued. “It wasn’t what they wanted to do.”

GET MORE EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!

CBS only ordered two new comedies for the 2014-15 season — The Odd Couple with Matthew Perry and The McCarthys with Laurie Metcalf. In The Odd Couple, Perry plays slob Oscar Madison and Thomas Lennon is neat freak Felix Unger. They are two former college buddies who become unlikely roommates after the demise of their marriages.

The McCarthys, which also stars Jack McGee, Tyler Ritter and Joey McIntyre, is about a sports-crazed Boston family.
They probably did us a favor.

I've lost interest in watching the reruns. 75% of the show was based around a love triangle, and now that we know that the ENTIRE love triangle was COMPLETELY DOOMED, it's no longer entertaining to watch them going through motions. It's like the entire show was one big tease, and the payoff was so disappointing that it ruined everything that came before it.

Did any of you guys see the alternate ending yet that will be included in the DVD boxset? Holy hell it's 100x better than the original ending. No idea why they didn't go with the alternate one.

I still hate the ending so much that I can't even watch the reruns anymore. I would like to see the alt ending though.

I still hate the ending so much that I can't even watch the reruns anymore. I would like to see the alt ending though.
Here you go, it is way way better. I try to think of this as the true finale.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/alternate-how-i-met-your-mother-ending-leaks-20140906
blocked
http://vimeo.com/90920106
Better. But I wonder what they would have done with the rest of the life recap. Still refuse to ever watch anther rerun of this show.

Here you go, it is way way better. I try to think of this as the true finale.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/alternate-how-i-met-your-mother-ending-leaks-20140906
blocked
http://vimeo.com/90920106
Better. But I wonder what they would have done with the rest of the life recap. Still refuse to ever watch anther rerun of this show.
It looked like it was just edited to cut the Robin ending, which would have made the final episode half as long. I'd be curious to see the real alternate endings I've heard that supposedly exist. I'm with you on not being able to watch the re-runs. The show feels much different since the finale and I don't care for it anymore. It used to be one of my favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread