What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many Colts fans hate being favored? (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
If you're like me, a Colts fan from way back (30+ years), you just know that someone like San Diego or Denver will knock you off in the first rd. Sorry, but I'm a Colts fan for about 40 years, and I've never been this uncomfortable with being favored in my life!!! I don't like it.

If you're like me, a Colts fan from way back (30+ years), you just know that someone like San Diego or Denver will knock you off in the first rd. Sorry, but I'm a Colts fan for about 40 years, and I've never been this uncomfortable with being favored in my life!!! I don't like it.
i'm willing to bet Indy gets a bye in the first round.

If you're like me, a Colts fan from way back (30+ years), you just know that someone like San Diego or Denver will knock you off in the first rd.  Sorry, but I'm a Colts fan for about 40 years, and I've never been this uncomfortable with being favored in my life!!!  I don't like it.
Well, that's a reach :loco:

If you're like me, a Colts fan from way back (30+ years), you just know that someone like San Diego or Denver will knock you off in the first rd.  Sorry, but I'm a Colts fan for about 40 years, and I've never been this uncomfortable with being favored in my life!!!  I don't like it.
Another example of a stupid Colts fan like myself that thinks that we are better than advertised.

Seriusly, what is Indy's record this year covering the spread?

As hard as this is to say given the last two years of playoffs, I think Denver can handle the Colts this year. They've been the more impressive team to me this year, even with the 4th quarter let downs.

Seriusly, what is Indy's record this year covering the spread?
LinkyIf it helps any:

INDIANAPOLIS (9 - 0) at CINCINNATI (7 - 2) - 11/20/2005, 4:15 PM

Top Trends for this game.

INDIANAPOLIS is 11-2 ATS (+8.8 Units) off a win against a division rival over the last 3 seasons.

INDIANAPOLIS is 12-3 ATS (+8.7 Units) off a division game over the last 3 seasons.

(Edit for link)

Last edited by a moderator:
Do the colts have a fight song, or unique fan chants?

I think the problem is this: this has became a "Win the Lombardi or Bust" season for the Colts. No major league team (I don't count the ABA) from Indianapolis has really had that burden before to this extent (maybe the 1999 Pacers team that lost to the Knicks in the conference finals is the closest team to really have that burden - but they weren't anything like this Colts team in terms of national interest and expectations). And, I find that uncomfortable. It is really the opposite of the 1995 Colts team that came out of nowhere to get to the AFC Championship game - that was such a pleasant surprise that there really has been no feeling quite like that since. The scary thing is that the next two games are SO crucial for the Colts. If they lose both, they may not even with the AFC South, and they certainly may not even get a 1st round bye. If they win both, I'll feel much better about the regular season because the margin of error becomes very large to at least get a 1st round bye, and probably get home field.

I'm very nervous about the next two games.

Prophetic. :(

I think the problem is this: this has became a "Win the Lombardi or Bust" season for the Colts. No major league team (I don't count the ABA) from Indianapolis has really had that burden before to this extent (maybe the 1999 Pacers team that lost to the Knicks in the conference finals is the closest team to really have that burden - but they weren't anything like this Colts team in terms of national interest and expectations). And, I find that uncomfortable. It is really the opposite of the 1995 Colts team that came out of nowhere to get to the AFC Championship game - that was such a pleasant surprise that there really has been no feeling quite like that since.
As an Indy native and a growing Colts fan, I think DJ sums it all up pretty well here. In hind-sight, maybe we shouldn't have placed those expectations on the Colts this year. But with all the talk in town about the new stadium, the perfect season, the big wins over New England and Pittsburgh in the regular season, I think Indy fans finally started to smell a championship and got a little carried away.Between the Pacers and the Colts, it's tough to be a sports fan in this City. You're always a bridesmaid and never the bride. After watching the Pacers get SO close, and then seeing the window close on them, I can't help feeling like the window just closed on the Colts today.

I really gives you a huge appreciation for the teams that can win multiple Championships when you watch your team struggle so hard just to get one.

Users who are viewing this thread