What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many other countries have you visited? (1 Viewer)

Well?

Votes: 3 1.3%

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • 2-5

Votes: 61 26.2%
  • 6-10

Votes: 66 28.3%
  • 11-20

Votes: 51 21.9%
  • 20+

Votes: 34 14.6%

• Total voters
My kids are 5 and 7 years old. Started an international trip tradition with them during their spring break (take a 2.5 week US road trip every year too - they have been to 46 states and 5 Canadian provinces on these trips). Anyway - since we started this tradition 4 years ago, they have been to Iceland, China, Japan, UK, and Ireland. Starting to scheme for next year already - thinking somewhere tropical. 

All that to say, I think I am in the 15-20 range. Too lazy to actually count

Im in the 40s (minimum 2 night stay)

australia

new Zealand 

Indonesia 

malaysia 

vietnam 

cambodia 

japan 

china (& Hong Kong)

peru

argentina

brazil

colombia

uruguay 

mexico 

Costa Rica 

Belize

jamaica

spain 

uk

iceland

ireland 

norway 

sweden

denmark 

Belgium

netherlands

germany 

austria 

czec republic 

Hungary 

croatia 

switzerland 

italy 

greece

spain 

france 

portugal

uganda

tanzania

Kenya

Turkey 

israel

egypt

jordan

usa

canada 

next up on my list (I try to hit 3 or 4 year)

antarctica

guatemal

panama 

Ecuador 

butan

nepal

india

slovenia

slovakia

montenegro

serbia

poland 

Russia

Last edited by a moderator:
Canada
Mexico
Costa Rica
Venezuela
Argentina
Uruguay
St. Lucia
Australia
Belgium
Netherlands
UK
France
Spain

I'm from Canada 

USA  , Mexico , Cuba , dominion republic , England , Ireland , northern Ireland , Scotland , France , Germany , Austria , Switzerland , Greece , Spain , Egypt , Italy , san marino , Vatican city , Thailand , china ,

If I remember correctly, you're a big softball guy, right?  My first assignment in 84 was in Spain.  I was fortunate enough to play on the base softball team and we traveled for tournaments.  Sports was a big thing in the 80s.  Even had organized football conferences.  Mediterranean sports conference (MSC) was our conference (Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece and a few other lower European regional sites).  There was a European conference with bases from England and Germany, big conference.  First and second place from MSC tournament went on to play in the European tournament, etc.  

So in those days I was this 20 year old kid who got to travel for a few weeks in the summer to cool European countries just to play softball.  Tournaments in Greece, Italy and a few sites in England.  Most of the travel in Europe was for work but I did get to do a little traveling just to play a game.  At the time I thought "man, this military thing is pretty cool."   But budget cuts and base closures throughout Europe sort of put a halt to those sports leagues.  Fun while it lasted though.  I played softball in Korea later but we didn't leave the country for tourneys or anything like that.  

On the other side of the spectrum was time spent in the desert (1990/91 and then post 9/11).  Oman was the worst.  Greece or Sicily the best.  
Not a softball guy really at all, but all of that sounds awesome, even the desert stints.

Canada

Mexico

Jamaica

Aruba

China

England

Ireland

France

Italy

Switzerland

Belgium

Austria

Germany

The Netherlands

Luxembourg

Vatican City

I guess I can also add East Germany to my list as I took a day trip to East Berlin out of West Berlin in 1989 (about 3 weeks before the protests started that led to the wall coming down.)

That's great you're doing that for your kids and I hope to one day do the same. I wish my parents took us traveling more, but they're just no big travel people.

I had a lot of traveling to make up for once I was 18.
Yea my folks didn't take me and my brother anywhere but Disney World and one Caribbean cruise so I want my kids to explore. My wife's dad took her all over the world as a kid and she has the greatest memories if those trips. 

Thank you.  Yes, USAF 24 years. Retired now.  Lots of deployments and was stationed in Europe for years. Sicily was 45 days as part of a base closure team. Loved it there and believe it was one of the best kept secrets in the Air Force (not military secret but as an assignment that many service members didn't know about).  Beautiful place and great beaches. 
Cool, me too Jayrok. If you don't mind me asking, what was your career field? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to answer in public.

Cool, me too Jayrok. If you don't mind me asking, what was your career field? Feel free to PM me if you don't want to answer in public.
Nice!  I was in the 3C career field. Network OPS and security during the latter part of my time. I still support the DOD as a contractor doing cyber security work.  What was your AFSC? 

Nice!  I was in the 3C career field. Network OPS and security during the latter part of my time. I still support the DOD as a contractor doing cyber security work.  What was your AFSC? 
I was a pilot. But I finished my career doing staff work as an analyst, which is what got me in to my current career field. Would have loved to had done some Network OPS and Cyber stuff. My boss is a retired E-9 that was a 3C. Great guy.

I was a pilot. But I finished my career doing staff work as an analyst, which is what got me in to my current career field. Would have loved to had done some Network OPS and Cyber stuff. My boss is a retired E-9 that was a 3C. Great guy.
Hmm.  I may know the guy depending on when he retired.  What aircraft did you fly?  Sounds awesome. 

20some.

2 NA, 3C/SA; Morocco, Tunisia in AFR; Turkey, Syria in Asia, rest in EU. When i toured Yugoslavia, i went thru 3-4 places that are countries now but werent then, so 20some

canada, mexico, belize, argentina, france, spain, italy, germany, denmark, holland, belgium, Luxembourg, jamaica, BVI?, vatican city, czechoslovakia 

eta:  i keep remembering more

Hmm.  I may know the guy depending on when he retired.  What aircraft did you fly?  Sounds awesome. 
KC-10s for probably 70% of my career. The chief retired from Randolph AFB, same as me. I would have to ask him when exactly. I spent some time in a GS position before I took the job at the company I am with now. So there is pretty much a six or eight year window in there when he could have actually dropped papers.

Canada

Mexico

France

Spain

Italy

Greece

West Germany

East Germany

Austria

England

Belgium

Netherlands

Argentina

Ecuador

Australia

South Korea

China

Hong Kong

Macau

Singapore

Philippines

Luxembourg

San Marino

Monaco

Vatican City

Turkey

Iceland

Yugoslavia 

Sweden

Yea my folks didn't take me and my brother anywhere but Disney World and one Caribbean cruise so I want my kids to explore. My wife's dad took her all over the world as a kid and she has the greatest memories if those trips. 
Same here. Only did Disney World and Bermuda as a kid with my parents. 

But now, with my company having an office in London, we've made a habit of turning my every-other-year-visit to that office for work into a family trip through Europe. First time we did London, Paris, and 4 stops in Italy (my genetics calling me home ;)  ) and the second time we did a big UK loop from London, up through England to Scotland, across to Northern Ireland and then down to Ireland. Then Back through the country of New Jersey for a cousin's wedding ;)  

We're starting to plan next summer's European adventure now. Maybe northern  Europe this time. Not sure...

My list is:

Mexico, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Ecuador, Germany, Spain and The Czech Republic.

Really loved the European countries and Ecuador.
Ah.. I should be in 6-10 instead of 5.... forgot Caribbean

Canada
Peru
Norway
Germany
Sweden
Czech Republic

Going to Guatemala in May (+ Puerto Rico in April, though it's not a country).
Possibly somewhere else in August.

Canada

Mexico

Peru

Ecuador

Iceland

Italy

Vatican City

Ireland

Turks and Caicos

Dominican Republic

Jamaica

Bahamas

first left US soil at 23. have been fortunate enough to see 7 countries in the intervening years.

would like to double or triple that before i kick off

Canada

Mexico

France

South Africa

Italy

Jamaica

Bahamas

St. Lucia

Dominican Republic

Antigua

Bermuda

Netherlands (not overnight but almost a full day in Amsterdam)

Flew through Germany twice

Not a bad list but outside of the Caribbean (Canada barely counts as international), not as much as I would like. 

Don’t want to search for my old post in this thread to remember how many, but was hoping to add 2 more to the list this summer (Spain and Germany) but, honestly, this coronavirus thing has us pausing our travel planning for a month to see how this plays out. 

All of western and central Europe, some of the Nordics, some of eastern Europe, a handful in Latin America. A handful in Asia. Definitely 20+ but not 50.

Might get to Singapore and Malaysia soon for work, but the COVID19 is messing up the trip planning.

Norway, Iceland, Mexico, Canada, Jamaica and a bunch of other Caribbean islands that may or may not qualify as actual countries. I fudged and said 6-10.

I am not that well-traveled outside North America.

Mexico, Japan, Phillipines, and Bahrain.  Also lived two years in Guam, had a few beers in Puerto Rico, and a weekend binge in the Bahamas.

Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, Spain, Italy.  I was on a cruise about age 5 that may have hit a few other Caribbean nations but since I was too young to really remember that we won't count those. All listed were age 16 or after.

Canada, Mexico, Cayman Islands, Turks and Caicos, Aruba, BVI, England, Ireland, France, Germany, Belgium, Italy

Think that's it. Going to Costa Rica in May.

Want to add Austrailia, New Zealand, some Eastern Europe and Scandinavian countries. Don't have much interest in Pac Rim, greater Asia, Middle East, Africa or South America, to be honest. Maybe would do Eqypt, Argentina or Chile. :shrug:  

Probably will end up doing China as both daughters are taking Mandarin. Will wait for it to "cool" off though. 

Users who are viewing this thread