What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many other countries have you visited? (1 Viewer)

Well?

Votes: 3 1.3%

Votes: 18 7.7%
  • 2-5

Votes: 61 26.2%
  • 6-10

Votes: 66 28.3%
  • 11-20

Votes: 51 21.9%
  • 20+

Votes: 34 14.6%

• Total voters
Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Ireland, England, Scotland, Sweden, France, Italy, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, India, China (17).

Not sure if England/Scotland should be counted separate but I did, and add Puerto Rico and Hong Kong if we're counting them separate (19).    :lol:  
If they have their own team in the Olympics, than yes, they are a country. That's my definition at least....

Canada, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Ireland, England, Scotland, Sweden, France, Italy, Czech Republic, Austria, Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, India, China (17).

Not sure if England/Scotland should be counted separate but I did, and add Puerto Rico and Hong Kong if we're counting them separate (19).    :lol:  
Yes

No

Canada, Mexico, England, France, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Finland, UAE, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, Haiti, Jamaica, probably some other western Caribbean countries on cruises.

Interestingly (to me anyway), I'm in high tech and have never visited Israel, India, or China.  None are particularly on my bucket list.  Also I've never been to South America; wouldn't mind visiting Costa Rica.  There is a surprising tech presence in Argentina as well, I'd check out Buenos Aires.  

I don't get the reference, a little help?
Oh, just the nicknames from your stories.  They sometimes got mixed up and you'd go back and say you meant someone else in an entire story because you forgot what you'd called one of the women months earlier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, just the nicknames from your stories.  They sometimes got mixed up and you'd go back and say you meant someone else in an entire story because you forgot what you'd called one of the women months earlier.
Well when you call every woman in your life "babe", these thing happen.

:bag:  This is going to be a little embarrassing  :bag:

I haven't counted in awhile, but I think that I have visited somewhere between 80 and 90.

After college my buddy and I did Europe for a month.  I've been back to Europe a few times since that epic adventure.

I left my first corporate job when I decided life was too short not live a little, so I backpacked through Japan, China, Tibet, Nepal, and India, and then hopped over to SE Asia.  And that kicked-off a five year run where I would travel for 6, 9, to 12 months at a time and return to CA in between trips to figure out the next backpacking trip.

After that I did some sailboat charters through the Caribbean on down to Venezuela, and then backpacked through South America for a year.

Spent the next year backpacking through Mexico and Central America.

The next year-long trip was India and Nepal again, then over to some of the Middle East (Turkey, Jordan, Israel, Egypt).

Another trip I started in Cape Town and did an overland trip through some of Southern Africa and ended up in Eastern Africa.

Backpacked through Eastern Europe and the Balkans for a few months.

Spent a month on both islands in New Zealand.

The last trip was to the Baltic countries, started in Stockholm, Estonia, Finland, Latvia and Lithuania.

I'm sure I've missed quite a few others.  Oh well  :oldunsure:

:bag:  This is going to be a little embarrassing  :bag:

I haven't counted in awhile, but I think that I have visited somewhere between 80 and 90.

After college my buddy and I did Europe for a month.  I've been back to Europe a few times since that epic adventure.

I left my first corporate job when I decided life was too short not live a little, so I backpacked through Japan, China, Tibet, Nepal, and India, and then hopped over to SE Asia.  And that kicked-off a five year run where I would travel for 6, 9, to 12 months at a time and return to CA in between trips to figure out the next backpacking trip.

After that I did some sailboat charters through the Caribbean on down to Venezuela, and then backpacked through South America for a year.

Spent the next year backpacking through Mexico and Central America.

The next year-long trip was India and Nepal again, then over to some of the Middle East (Turkey, Jordan, Israel, Egypt).

Another trip I started in Cape Town and did an overland trip through some of Southern Africa and ended up in Eastern Africa.

Backpacked through Eastern Europe and the Balkans for a few months.

Spent a month on both islands in New Zealand.

The last trip was to the Baltic countries, started in Stockholm, Estonia, Finland, Latvia and Lithuania.

I'm sure I've missed quite a few others.  Oh well  :oldunsure:
You could have just said all of them and saved all of that typing.

Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Venezuela, BVI, Bermuda,  Antigua and Barbuda · Bahamas · Barbados  · Dominican Republic  · Saint Lucia · Saint Vincent and the Grenadines · Anguilla  · British Virgin Islands · Puerto Rico · Saint Barthélemy · Saint Martin · Turks and Caicos Islands · United States Virgin Islands. Israel, Maldives, Fiji, Tonga, United Arab Emirates, Norway, Denmark, Holland, Spain, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, France, Italy, Germany, Greece,

2, Mexico and Canada. I still have no real desire to go anywhere else right now. There are so many great places here in the USA to visit.
Agreed. How many states you visited?

I’ve been to all except Wisconsin, Minnesota, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, And New Hampshire.

I lived abroad for 10 years,  mostly in Japan and Australia.  Here's the list:

Australia,  New Zealand,  Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Cambodia, Vietnam, South Korea, Belgium, the Netherlands,  Czech Republic, Germany,  Poland, Estonia,  Latvia,  Lithuania, Finland, Russia, Mongolia, China, Canada, France, South Africa,  Zimbabwe,  Zambia, India,  Nepal

I've been to Puerto Rico, but, as we all know, that is part of America. I've also been to Hong Kong,  but after 1997, so it was China.

Stepped on the ground in Dubai and Laos, but only at the airport.

There's no way you've been to Nepal. I've seen it takes like a camel ride and canoe trip to get there.

Or at least a 2 day bus ride.

There's no way you've been to Nepal. I've seen it takes like a camel ride and canoe trip to get there.

Or at least a 2 day bus ride.
He says he's been the India.  From Deli there's an overnight train then a bus ride for a few hours the next day.  It's pretty common for people traveling in that region :shrug:

Jayrok said:
Spain, Portugal, Germany, Italy, Sicily, Turkey, England, Greece, Crete, Ireland, Iraq, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Kuwait, UAE, Mexico, Honduras, Panama, S. Korea, Japan. 
Sicily and Crete?

Eta... Were/are you in the armed services? That's a murderers row of middle East/Asia countries most people probably haven't seen. Also, if so- thanks for your service!

Canada, Mexico, Costa Rica, Panama, Venezuela, BVI, Bermuda,  Antigua and Barbuda · Bahamas · Barbados  · Dominican Republic  · Saint Lucia · Saint Vincent and the Grenadines · Anguilla  · British Virgin Islands · Puerto Rico · Saint Barthélemy · Saint Martin · Turks and Caicos Islands · United States Virgin Islands. Israel, Maldives, Fiji, Tonga, United Arab Emirates, Norway, Denmark, Holland, Spain, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, England, France, Italy, Germany, Greece,
Why do you hate Asia? 

Probably forgetting some but:

Canada, UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, China, Brazil 

I’m actually in Heathrow right now, heading home after two weeks abroad with the family. Just added 4 to the list. 

Canada, Mexico, Bahamas, Scotland, England, France, Spain, Italy (including Sicily), Germany, Czech Republic, Austria, Poland, Switzerland, Belgium, Portugal, Netherlands, Madagascar, Canary Islands, Mallorca.

I’ve also been to every state except Alaska and Hawaii. 

Nice! My sister lives in NH, so I should be able to knock most of New England off my list. Can’t think of any reason to ever go to MN or WI though.
MN and WI were work for me. While in MN, I did hit the Mall of America and rode a roller coaster, just to say I had done it. New England is beautiful and you can hit a bunch of states quickly.

MN and WI were work for me. While in MN, I did hit the Mall of America and rode a roller coaster, just to say I had done it. New England is beautiful and you can hit a bunch of states quickly.
I took a couple of cross country road trips to try to see as much of the country as possible. Most of the Midwest/Plains states blur together; I imagine more of the same for MN/WI.

My list is:

Mexico, Jamaica, The Bahamas, Ecuador, Germany, Spain and The Czech Republic.

Really loved the European countries and Ecuador.
:thumbup:

Lived there a couple years.  Loved the people there.

Been to Ecuador, Peru, Mexico, Ireland, UK, Italy

Only 10.  I need to travel more.  Hoping to add Japan to the list next year (although I have been in Narita airport already)

Never left the country till I was 25, or went anywhere besides the Mexico or the Caribbean until the last 10 years.  Now I'm trying to make up for lost time.  Just cracked 30 in June by visiting Belarus, Lithuania, and Latvia. 

• Mexico, Canada, Belize, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Cayman Islands, Turks & Caicos, Curacao
  • France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, Belarus, Ukraine, Lithuania, Latvia, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Italy, Slovenia, Slovakia, Hungary, Czech Republic, England, Scotland, Ireland
  • Georgia, Azerbaijan
  • Peru
  • Australia

Pretty well traveled...spent 3+ days in every state and been to over 40 countries between travel, mission trips and part of aid groups over the years....a lot of those were my early 20s as a volunteer for aid support.

Including trips booked for this year and next year:  bahamas, haiti, Dominican republic, jamaica, Mexico, Canada, st lucia, belize, costa rica, Japan, china, new Zealand, Australia, England, ireland, Italy, greece, egypt, Israel, Belgium, Netherlands, germany.

Had hoped for more at age 39, but i can't complain as i know I've seen more than the most.

Wife has probably 10-15 more with her sister/mom probably 2x-3x.  Mother in law is in Kazakhstan of all places right now.

Canada, Mexico, Jamaica, Dominican  Republic, Ireland, Scotland, England, France, Italy, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Australia, tons of islands in the Caribbean. Adding Portugal in the fall 

Lost count long ago. Can't recall them all even if I had a globe in front of me. Then again, there are quite a few I wouldn't want to remember...

Was it worth it? Planning to go back to Patagonia at some point, and vaguely remember tours departing from Ushuaia.
It was crazy expensive but worth every penny. We hiked in Patagonia for two weeks and then flew down to Ushuaia for the cruise to Antarctica. In Antarctica, we kayaked a couple of hours every morning and then joined the big group in the afternoons. I highly recommend doing the kayaking if you can. We also did one day of whale watching from a zodiac. We got up close and personal for several whales, one of which surfaced about 10 feet from the zodiac. It was truly an experience of a lifetime. 

PS, the penguins smell terrible. I was sick the entire time crossing the Drake passage, and apparently it was calm when we crossed. 

El Floppo said:
Sicily and Crete?

Eta... Were/are you in the armed services? That's a murderers row of middle East/Asia countries most people probably haven't seen. Also, if so- thanks for your service!
Thank you.  Yes, USAF 24 years. Retired now.  Lots of deployments and was stationed in Europe for years. Sicily was 45 days as part of a base closure team. Loved it there and believe it was one of the best kept secrets in the Air Force (not military secret but as an assignment that many service members didn't know about).  Beautiful place and great beaches. 

One form of envy I struggle with a great deal is international travel envy.

Some of you guys have truly seen the world.

Thank you.  Yes, USAF 24 years. Retired now.  Lots of deployments and was stationed in Europe for years. Sicily was 45 days as part of a base closure team. Loved it there and believe it was one of the best kept secrets in the Air Force (not military secret but as an assignment that many service members didn't know about).  Beautiful place and great beaches. 
Amazing ..thanks for the answer, and again, for your service. My dad was USAF, but rotc- only ended up doing the minimum service. But loved being stationed in Japan (misawa).

And I was breaking your balls about the Sicily and Crete thing...last I heard still not independent.

Amazing ..thanks for the answer, and again, for your service. My dad was USAF, but rotc- only ended up doing the minimum service. But loved being stationed in Japan (misawa).

And I was breaking your balls about the Sicily and Crete thing...last I heard still not independent.
Thank you and your dad.  Always good to hear of other AF brothers.  Misawa is a great assignment, I've been told by friends.  I was never stationed up there.  

Yeah, I know about Italy/Sicily.  I like to think of them as separate countries at least for travel purposes.   ;)

One form of envy I struggle with a great deal is international travel envy.

Some of you guys have truly seen the world.
If I remember correctly, you're a big softball guy, right?  My first assignment in 84 was in Spain.  I was fortunate enough to play on the base softball team and we traveled for tournaments.  Sports was a big thing in the 80s.  Even had organized football conferences.  Mediterranean sports conference (MSC) was our conference (Spain, Italy, Turkey, Greece and a few other lower European regional sites).  There was a European conference with bases from England and Germany, big conference.  First and second place from MSC tournament went on to play in the European tournament, etc.  

So in those days I was this 20 year old kid who got to travel for a few weeks in the summer to cool European countries just to play softball.  Tournaments in Greece, Italy and a few sites in England.  Most of the travel in Europe was for work but I did get to do a little traveling just to play a game.  At the time I thought "man, this military thing is pretty cool."   But budget cuts and base closures throughout Europe sort of put a halt to those sports leagues.  Fun while it lasted though.  I played softball in Korea later but we didn't leave the country for tourneys or anything like that.  

On the other side of the spectrum was time spent in the desert (1990/91 and then post 9/11).  Oman was the worst.  Greece or Sicily the best.  

Users who are viewing this thread