What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much of your FAAB budget do you have left? (1 Viewer)

Raiderfan32904

Footballguy
And, how much should you have left? By now, usually there are at least a couple of must have waiver wire additions that make everyone go "all in" to pick up the potential waiver wire pickup of the year. Other than Edelman, Royal, J Bell, not a lot of waiver wire bidding going on, and most people in my leagues still have 90+ percent of their budget. Is this the way it's going in your leagues? And if not, who has been the big money waiver adds so far this year?

Most years, the first two weeks are filled with crazy high bids. Three or four owners will typically spend 90% of their budget the first two weeks. Not happening this year, and everyone seems to be bargain shopping. So what are we saving our money on? a week 13 backup kicker?

I usually do my best to be a week or so ahead of the curve so I can get guys at a good price. I did so for Alf Morris last year, for example.

I also try not to get caught up in Brandon Jackson type hysteria. Do your homework before blowing a huge amount of FAAB dollars one someone with question marks swirling about them.

So out of $100 I have $87 right now. My biggest spend was Marlon Brown at $9 before Week 2. I churn my bottom 1-2 roster spaces as much as I can with cheap adds to see which hit.

My league is minimum bid $1 and there is no free agency so you have to watch your dollars to cover things like streaming D's, late year impact adds, etc.

I plan to put a bid in for Royal this week but not a break-the-bank bid. There are some cheap upside adds like Ellington, Stephen Hill, Lance Dunbar, and Robert Woods that I'd be happy to settle for.

Last edited by a moderator:
i spent 70% of it already..

you cant bring it with you.. might as well spend it now.. leave some for back up kickers and defense. but most of the guys who are gonna explode are gonna do it now and you get them for 10+ weeks.

if you wait till week 8 or something it could be more a one week darling

you cant bring it with you.. might as well spend it now.. leave some for back up kickers and defense. but most of the guys who are gonna explode are gonna do it now and you get them for 10+ weeks.

True...but sometimes you get hit hard by the injury bug and not having funds will finish you off.

Depends also if your league has free agency (i.e., $0 bids). Then you don't have to preserve a little something to maintain the ability to make even a minor move.

True...but sometimes you get hit hard by the injury bug and not having funds will finish you off.

Depends also if your league has free agency (i.e., $0 bids). Then you don't have to preserve a little something to maintain the ability to make even a minor move.
thats true... but if one of your top rbs gets hurt, its normally unlikely that a guy comes in from the ww and saves your team..

But I get what your saying.

I have enough left that I can still grab defense when necessary, but I also try to find a defense I can use for 2 weeks minimum so that helps save also

How should first time FAAB players approach bids in a dynasty league?

Do owners tend to hold back more money and pick up developmental projects late in the season or do they tend to work it like redraft leagues?

I think a lot of it has to do with the more in-depth training camp/pre-season football(and fantasy football) coverage with more sites, blogs, Twitter, etc. Harder to find quality sleepers that go undrafted these days. It's very rare to find a great WW add that isn't caused due to an injury to a starter.

Guys like Moreno, Bell, etc were already drafted and rostered in typical 12 team ppr leagues. Heck, even Edelman was drafted in a few of my leagues.

The AP situation shows why you should have a little bit in reserve at the very end.

The Faabbucks spent on Kirk Cousins's and Doug Baldwins are coming into play now...

The AP situation shows why you should have a little bit in reserve at the very end.

The Faabbucks spent on Kirk Cousins's and Doug Baldwins are coming into play now...
this is the first time you've had 2 superstar players (gordon/AP) suspended with so much uncertainty around both. unless you have the most FA money left in your league at this point you arent getting AP anyways.... to have the most money left typically means you haven't picked up a single "Hot" WW player yet this year

the real shark move would have been adding AP prior to sunday

How so? Let's say you've been patient, bided your time, and managed to hang on to 25% of your FAAB until this late (when over 2/3rds of the fantasy regular season has been played, BTW).

Now: How much of a chance does that 25% of your budget give you of landing AP when - as is the case in virtually every single league out there - there are a couple of Scrooge McDucks who are still sitting on 80-90% of theirs?

I'll tell you: Precisely the same chance as the guy who spent every dime of his FAAB by week 6. And has some combination of McKinnon / Oliver / Forsett / Sanu / Hurns / Kelce to show for it.

0% in one league but i got Donnell, shoelace, and beckham so very happy there

15% in my other league but havent picked up a single good player

20% left. Spent about a third on Paul early, which helped a lot early on and about a third on Bryant last week, which is paying off so far. Bunch of random bye week guys with the rest.

0% in my redraft league and 17% in my dyno league.
Hnnng, blowing my entire budget just paid off. Acquired Forsett, Martavis Bryant and Owen Daniels off waivers this season (among many others), 10 team PPR, auction, start two TE.

Traded Forsett, Bryant and Daniels for Megatron, Bush and Romo.

How so? Let's say you've been patient, bided your time, and managed to hang on to 25% of your FAAB until this late (when over 2/3rds of the fantasy regular season has been played, BTW).

Now: How much of a chance does that 25% of your budget give you of landing AP when - as is the case in virtually every single league out there - there are a couple of Scrooge McDucks who are still sitting on 80-90% of theirs?

I'll tell you: Precisely the same chance as the guy who spent every dime of his FAAB by week 6. And has some combination of McKinnon / Oliver / Forsett / Sanu / Hurns / Kelce to show for it.
Ha yeah, good point, those Scrooge McDucks are lurking out there...

In one league $14 of $100. In another $30 of $175.

I operated under the spend aggressively early credo. I don't have much left over now for any late impact guys but figure with good research I can nab many such types a week prior to their cost inflating.

0% in one league but i got Donnell, shoelace, and beckham so very happy there
Almost right there with you. I have 5% left and picked up Donnell and Beckham among other players along the way (Oliver, Andre Williams-ugh, Donald Brown-ugh, Bishop Sankey-semi ugh). But it is looking like Beckham could potentially be a season changer right now.

$27/100, but it's a keeper league so with younger players have to weight benefit of cutting it closer to the wire with waiver dollars in case they're a hit.

In my one redraft league I have nothing left.

In my dynasty leagues I have a lot left in 2 out of 3. I did miss on a couple guys I thought would have good long term value, and prefer to use those dollars on guys like that.

I have 9% left, but I spent 80% on Gordon in the first week, so its been 1% here and 1% there ever since.

Users who are viewing this thread