What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much weight do you put... (1 Viewer)

glumpy

breeze
Trying to keep this generic and not a WDIS thread--but it sure seems like the players on my roster that are favored (at this early point) are almost all Away games!! I'm really leaning towards others, partially because of the home game aspect and because it's close.

Obviously We're in teh money rounds so there's more agonizing here, but in a tough matchup and in the money rounds--do you go for broke? or stability? Consider two pretty equal players for this premise--it's just the currently published rankings don't jive with mine.

teams usually play better at home and worse on the road. i usually use it as a tie breaker. for example last week i started mathews over jordy because gb was playing in a tough kc environment and i figured theyd struggle while sd was playing at home and baltimore has been terrible on the road this year. it weighs on my decision making for defenses much more than any other position

Related to this, I will take into account the amount and distance of travel as a factor in how a team might play, as well as a hot weather team playing in the cold, or vice versa. I agree that it's something to consider more with defenses. How 'bout that 12th man in Seattle?

Yeah I tend to look at home/away matchups when choosing the defense of the week. Plus some teams just seem to play a lot better at home than on the road - New Orleans, Baltimore, Seattle come to mind. Some other teams seem to do the same home or away (Patriots and Eagles come to mind) so it's dependent on what you've seen from the teams so far.

Beanie @ Cinci

Lynch vs SF

I'm starting Lynch, only because of the being at home. If it was reversed, I'd have Beanie in the lineup.

I toss all of the home and away stuff out the window except for defense. Much better to focus on other factors.

A big home favorite has the potential for a blowout and taking their foot off the throttle. When considering matchups, I'm looking to see if the other team is capable of scoring points and pushing the team my player is on. For example, I'd feel much better starting Rivers on the road v. the Pats than Rivers at home v. the Colts. Often against weaker matchups I prefer my QB to be on the road where the game might be closer longer.

Users who are viewing this thread