What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How old are you? (1 Viewer)

How old are you?

• Under 30

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 30 - 34

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • 35 - 39

Votes: 14 7.1%
  • 40 - 44

Votes: 20 10.2%
  • 45 - 49

Votes: 51 25.9%
  • 50 - 54

Votes: 54 27.4%
  • 55 - 59

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • 60 - 64

Votes: 13 6.6%
  • 65 - 69

Votes: 6 3.0%
  • 70 or above

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

Dennis Castro

Footballguy
I keep seeing posts about how the FFA is dying, whether it be by fear or just because we are all getting older. That has gotten me to wondering about the demographic breakdown of those of us who hang out here. 

I guess technically, this only yields data on those who feel like responding to this pole, but it might be interesting nonetheless.

I’m in the lowest bracket currently receiving votes(35-39), but I’ve been here off and on since my early 20s

We aren't really a renewable resource.  We are a fraternity (and sorority!) that never really bothered with recruitment.  This place will die when we all do.  I'm not going to suddenly stop posting here at 70 (20 years from now) because it's what I did when I was 30 (20 years ago) and it's what I like to do and where I like to visit.  Yes I have other social media.  And real friends and actual family AND a life (as far as you know) but I like it here.  I like to write here and spill my guts here and be somewhat anonymous here but at the same time know I'm in good and trusted company with friends.  

This place is special to a lot of us.  It's not what it once was but what is?  And really,  where else are we going to go?  I feel like this place will be around until Zow turns out the lights and bids the digital world a goodbye for all of us. 

49 going on 29, feeling like 69 (noice). 

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted 45-49 but will hit the half century in June.  This place is not active as it was, but still my nightly go to for great stories and information.  

Got a pretty nice bell curve going here. I wonder if it would have come out more skewed if I had posted this in the PSF. You know, because so many people over there act like children. 

Surprised at the lack of younger guys.  I wonder if that's a FBG thing or the industry in general.  I think a good second question would have been about what age or year you found FBG.  I started with it when they were Cheatsheets.net back around 2000 and it seems like a lot have guys have been around just as long.  Maybe FBG pulled a bunch of viewers early and then has been missing out with the rise of other sites?

Surprised at the lack of younger guys.  I wonder if that's a FBG thing or the industry in general.  I think a good second question would have been about what age or year you found FBG.  I started with it when they were Cheatsheets.net back around 2000 and it seems like a lot have guys have been around just as long.  Maybe FBG pulled a bunch of viewers early and then has been missing out with the rise of other sites?
Nah. The youngun's don't do forums.

That under 30 number...wow.
Never was a prolific poster, but think I started at Mr. Football in 97 when I was 18, then a little FFToday and migrated to the PG abhored FBG by the time of 9/11 when I would have been 22. Tails of Woz buying cell phone plans and Otis chasing stewardesses. I still associate the forums with 20 something shenanigans, but we're more a Ben Gay and Bend Over crowd.

Looks like I tied it up for the 50-54 group.  Can stay in that bracket for a couple more years.  :oldunsure:  

We have a pole like this every few years.  Would be interesting to dig a few of those out of the archives from way back.

I believe I've been here almost exclusively since 2003-04.  I remember getting a very polite warning about circumventing the language filter back then.  I've only ever had one TO.  Came over from FFToday.  

Dumb stuff I think about as a member of the older demographic. 

In the Russia-Ukraine thread there was a link to a video of a Russian helicopter being shot down which included some speculation on whether it might've been hit by an American javelin. My 1st thought was; AMC Javelin? 

Dumb stuff I think about as a member of the older demographic. 

In the Russia-Ukraine thread there was a link to a video of a Russian helicopter being shot down which included some speculation on whether it might've been hit by an American javelin. My 1st thought was; AMC Javelin? 

49, one in college, two in 1st grade.  What have I done! 

I’m old enough to remember when people surfed pr0n sites at work because it wasn’t yet inherent to everyone that you shouldn’t do that.

Binky The Doormat said:
just turned 64 #####es!!!!

...still have one in HS
Ah, so you’re the guy I remember when I was going to college and thought it’s so nice his grandpa is moving him in. I’m an old fart now but at least I’ll be recognized as the dad!

49, one in college, two in 1st grade.  What have I done! 
What in the #### were you thinking? We are about the same age, but my youngest of three is almost 15 and in HS.

First kid: Hey dad, you want to go throw the baseball (or softball) around?

Second kid: Dad just took his ensure, he’ll be asleep in his recliner for hours.

First kid: Did he remember his depends?

Turning 50 in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to both of my kids graduating college in the next year. I couldn't imagine having 2 just starting elementary school.  :eek:

There’s a guy I work with who I think is around my age (50) who has twins from his first marriage that have finished college and two kids from his third marriage who either just started elementary school or haven’t yet. 😳

Turning 50 in 2 weeks. I'm looking forward to both of my kids graduating college in the next year. I couldn't imagine having 2 just starting elementary school.  :eek:
46 with a 6yr old.  But truth be told I’m good with it.  40yr old dkp is a much better father then 20/30yr old dkp would have been.  Though the obvious downside is hoping I’m  around (or able) to dance at her wedding.  Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread