What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How to get most bang for buck w/ Randle El (1 Viewer)

Captain Spaulding

Footballguy
If I were an NFL team, I would pay El starting #2 reciever $$$ (comparable to a top 10 #2 receiver). If he can't cut it as your #2 receiver move him back into slot/#3 receiver position but also I'd make him return punts and make him your 3rd string QB. That way you're getting good value, and can put roster depth at other positions. You'll free up at least $300K to $1 million per year in cap space if you make him 3rd string QB. Lets face it, if you have to rely on your 3rd string QB for extended period of time during the regular season you're team is pretty much screwed anyway. Why not gamble with El as your #3 to save some coin and make your team better and deeper at another position.

If I were an NFL team, I would pay El starting #2 reciever $$$ (comparable to a top 10 #2 receiver). If he can't cut it as your #2 receiver move him back into slot/#3 receiver position but also I'd make him return punts and make him your 3rd string QB. That way you're getting good value, and can put roster depth at other positions. You'll free up at least $300K to $1 million per year in cap space if you make him 3rd string QB. Lets face it, if you have to rely on your 3rd string QB for extended period of time during the regular season you're team is pretty much screwed anyway. Why not gamble with El as your #3 to save some coin and make your team better and deeper at another position.
Sounds like a plan to me. Get Joe Banner on the phone! :hey:

I dont understand the interest for Randle El.

To me he is a kick returner and a third or fourthWR on most of the teams .

The only reason he was 2 in Pittsburgh is because they have zero talent at Wr except for Ward .

And they hardly throw the ball .

El is a below average WR in the NFL cant see why he is wanted .

If Az Hakim got #1 money then ARE will, too... assuming there is a team out there as foolish as the Lions to make such a commitment.

If Az Hakim got #1 money then ARE will, too... assuming there is a team out there as foolish as the Lions to make such a commitment.
True, and while I suspect everyone wants #1 type money, I haven't heard where ARE demands it. (maybe I missed a link?)Randle El should get paid more than Givens will get this year, a fair bit less than Wayne did. How much did David Patten make last year? I'd think more than him, but IIRC he was overpaid by a lot.

I think that ARE wants to return punts in addition to playing wideout. I was under the impression he is returning wherever he goes.

True, and while I suspect everyone wants #1 type money, I haven't heard where ARE demands it. (maybe I missed a link?)Randle El should get paid more than Givens will get this year, a fair bit less than Wayne did. How much did David Patten make last year? I'd think more than him, but IIRC he was overpaid by a lot.
David Givens is a better WR than Antwaan Randle El.

Users who are viewing this thread