What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How will FFB sites deal with the postponed games? (1 Viewer)

OU#1

Footballguy
I’m using CBS specifically, but I’m sure others may have questions for MFL, Yahoo, etc?

This seems crazy during week 15 playoffs!!

I actually didn’t run my league last year to avoid this as Commish…

Please advise if you have experience or knowledge on how this will work out, thank you! 🙏

Last edited by a moderator:
They’re week 15 games. Idk why they will be any different than if they weren’t changed 

Waivers will be pushed backI’d assume from Tuesday til Wednesday 

🤷‍♂️

They’re week 15 games. Idk why they will be any different than if they weren’t changed 

🤷‍♂️
Right. I think this is the obvious answer.

The nightmare for fantasy season is a game for week 15 get pushed back to say 3 weeks from now or something.

🤷‍♂️
dont assume that ......  RtSports  places the onus on the Commishs to change the date of the WW.  Assume it will be pushed back there and it will not run at all.  

What if you benched a Ram, WFT or Browns player because of Covid and substituted a "lesser" player who played last night? You wake up today and the player you wanted to play is now suddenly available?

Should you petition for your original lineup to be reinstated?

Now, what if the "lesser" player had a big game and you don't want to return to your original choice? Should your original choice be forced back into your lineup?

What if you benched a Ram, WFT or Browns player because of Covid and substituted a "lesser" player who played last night? You wake up today and the player you wanted to play is now suddenly available?

Now, what if the "lesser" player had a big game and you don't want to return to your original choice? Should your original choice be forced back into your lineup?
no and no....   Once  you start someone and their game happens you get whatever points you got (unless you have some odd rule that allows conditional starters).  It should be treated just as if you had to decide whether to risk a zero from an injured player.

9 hours ago, Chaka said:

Expand  
no and no....   Once  you start someone and their game happens you get whatever points you got (unless you have some odd rule that allows conditional starters).  It should be treated just as if you had to decide whether to risk a zero from an injured player.
Agreed - that’s the same risk you take with any player on any given week.

The only accommodation I will make as commissioner is if the moved games get postponed further to another week. I will be asking league members for a contingency player ahead of time if they have players going  in the moved games.

I agree with the conclusion but I absolutely disagree that this qualifies as a reasonable risk that we assume when starting any player.

I agree with the conclusion but I absolutely disagree that this qualifies as a reasonable risk that we assume when starting any player.
Why is it any different then if your guy is questionable for injury?  It's an illness but I don't see the situation any different.  On any given day your guy could get banged up in practice and be out for the week.  

Why is it any different then if your guy is questionable for injury?  It's an illness but I don't see the situation any different.  On any given day your guy could get banged up in practice and be out for the week.  
Because an injured player isn't granted two more days to get healthy on a Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because an injured player isn't granted two more days to get healthy on a Friday.
That means very little.  As of Thursday it was known that there was a chance they would delay games.  It's luck of the draw.  Just like an injury is a crapshoot if they are going to play.

People are making this out to be more complicated then it is.

Well I didnt say anything one way or another whether I thought it was reasonable....  Its pretty simple though .....once you score points you score points.  I think this situation where there are a bazillion people on covid and more getting added every day its pretty  reasonable to assume its possible your covid player may come off covid (and others go on for that matter)   This situation is infinitely more reasonable than what happened with Higby last week.  

Well I didnt say anything one way or another whether I thought it was reasonable....  Its pretty simple though .....once you score points you score points.  I think this situation where there are a bazillion people on covid and more getting added every day its pretty  reasonable to assume its possible your covid player may come off covid (and others go on for that matter)   This situation is infinitely more reasonable than what happened with Higby last week.  
Expecting players to go on and off the list is absolutely expected at this point, getting two or three more days to come the list is something different.  By kickoff on Thursday there was far more talk, started by the NFLPA, about modifying the rules to allow asymptomatic vaccinated players to play than anything about moving a game.

Again, I absolutely agree with the conclusion (I am certain people would be far more bitter if the player they started on Thursday had a monster game and was then pulled from your lineup after the fact for the guy you originally were going to start) but it still doesn't sit entirely right.  Not sure what a reasonable solution could be though.

Not sure what a reasonable solution could be though.
don't think there is one and there will be different solutions for different fantasy leagues. on one extreme you run the league as it was and changes be damned, or on the other extreme you can make adjustments to "week" designations and all the adjustments that the owners would ask for like your examples and see where it lands. there isn't a wrong answer imo, but there will be plenty of butthurt owners on either side regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread